so this guy is 3 covers from god mode

Comments

• Grantosium wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Grantosium wrote:
    Having said that, it's possible he bought the 40packs with HP earned in game rather than spending $$. Unlikely, but definitely possible.
    No, it's definitely not. He had to have opened 180 tokens, give or take. That's over 2mil HP in 40packs. You can't earn anything close that via in-game rewards.
    Ok, "unlikely"may have been an understatement, but it is possible. All we can guarantee is that he opened 9 tokens. Yes, I've seen the maths thread that places it at a stupidly small percentage but the possibility is there!

More possible than getting 9 covers from 8 tokens anyway!

theres-a-chance-2.jpg
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grantosium wrote:
    [but the possibility is there!
    Just because something has a 1 in a trillion chance in happening, doesn't mean we need to bother to call it "possible"
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    I said when it was announced that a maxed 5* would rule versus events, thus ensuring top placements and the ability to hoard legendary tokens ready for the next 5* and then it just snowballs.
    Very interesting this is said here when it's more or less the same when it comes to 4 stars.
    as many have said here, 3*s can compete with 4*s because the gap in power is some, but not overwhelming. I can beat fistbusters with fist/cage and in divine champs I took down a hb/thing/xpool team with thor/loki/hood (might have had mags in there - don't remember), so...less. not more, for that argument. panther event I ran fist and mags, neither of which were boosted (at 166 for the event) and the only thing that that kept me from 1300 was my own managing of my time. ended with 1250. are 4*s more powerful? yes, a little but not much. can they be taken down by 3*s, absolutely. all about how you use what you have. my 2 wipes in the panther event were not from 4*s, but from a boosted RotP. I used to have a mental block about taking on 4*s and maxed this and that - once you get over that it becomes fun to figure out how to attack and overcome obstacles rather than just complaining because you haven't been able to yet.

The issue is, I never said 3's couldn't beat 4's nor did I say that they were god mode.

i specifically quoted a post about having a 5 star would snowball and help the person get more 5 stars.

Just like having 4 stars helps a person get 4 stars easier.
    It's been set up that way every tier.
    3's are easier to get by having 3's as well, thanks to ddq.

Which i why I didn't respond to any.

Just clearing that up.
    For some reason you guys really seem to think talking down and or belittling people makes your points stronger.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    I said when it was announced that a maxed 5* would rule versus events, thus ensuring top placements and the ability to hoard legendary tokens ready for the next 5* and then it just snowballs.
    Very interesting this is said here when it's more or less the same when it comes to 4 stars.
    as many have said here, 3*s can compete with 4*s because the gap in power is some, but not overwhelming. I can beat fistbusters with fist/cage and in divine champs I took down a hb/thing/xpool team with thor/loki/hood (might have had mags in there - don't remember), so...less. not more, for that argument. panther event I ran fist and mags, neither of which were boosted (at 166 for the event) and the only thing that that kept me from 1300 was my own managing of my time. ended with 1250. are 4*s more powerful? yes, a little but not much. can they be taken down by 3*s, absolutely. all about how you use what you have. my 2 wipes in the panther event were not from 4*s, but from a boosted RotP. I used to have a mental block about taking on 4*s and maxed this and that - once you get over that it becomes fun to figure out how to attack and overcome obstacles rather than just complaining because you haven't been able to yet.

The issue is, I never said 3's couldn't beat 4's nor did I say that they were god mode.

i specifically quoted a post about having a 5 star would snowball and help the person get more 5 stars.

Just like having 4 stars helps a person get 4 stars easier.
    It's been set up that way every tier.
    3's are easier to get by having 3's as well, thanks to ddq.

Which i why I didn't respond to any.

Just clearing that up.
    For some reason you guys really seem to think talking down and or belittling people makes your points stronger.

When is this not the case in any video game ever? This happens in real life too.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's sitting on top of my sim bracket at 1800 - shielded for some reason. As if someone will hit it.

The funny part isn't the 2/2/5 SS to me - it's the 2x DPXF and 2x JG 270.

YOU CALL YOURSELF A WHALE! Where is the 2x 270 PX and HB?!? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they are going to leave 5* in that category, the only solution before the game implodes is to have 5*'s take up 2 possible 3 team slots, so at worst it's 3v2 or IMO 3v1
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    or IMO 3v1
    this and the no healthpack.png can be used on him were good ideas (even though his true heal is ungodly), but only with the current design. A nerf has never been more needed.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Grantosium wrote:
    but the possibility is there!
    Just because something has a 1 in a trillion chance in happening, doesn't mean we need to bother to call it "possible"

I know I shouldn't respond to this and that it's only asking for trouble but...

Wow.
  • simonsez
    Grantosium wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Grantosium wrote:
    but the possibility is there!

I know I shouldn't respond to this and that it's only asking for trouble but...

Wow.
    If you go through life seeing 1 in a trillion shots as within the realm of possibilities, asking for trouble is nothing new for you...
  • simonsez wrote:
    Grantosium wrote:

Lord simonsez speaks, everyone please adjust your grammar accordingly.
  • simonsez
    simonsez wrote:
    Grantosium wrote:

Lord simonsez speaks, everyone please adjust your grammar accordingly.
    I don't give a **** about grammar. But I have no tolerance for someone saying stupid ****. If someone says that someone could've gotten 9 SS covers via in-game HP only, that qualifies as some of the stupidest **** anyone's ever said around here. And believe me, that's an EXTRAORDINARILY high bar. You want to agree with him, go right ahead.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's keep it civil, please.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    And I am here. Thanks for calling me out to this. My apologies if I happened to hit someone but I was just enjoying the game. I might have a lot of covers for SS but that doesn't mean I can't be defeated. I lost several times today and someone keep hitting me which I was okay with it. Further info please let me know. As well I don't think this is the end game, the character has its weakness and the up coming 5* will make a different strategy, as well of how to kill SS

I almost beat you in hollowpoint kiss. Guess that's as close as I'll ever get to you now! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Congrats on getting SS. And thanks for supporting the game.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    With surfer being so powerful and I am expecting other 5 star characters to be similar they need to be one man teams i.e like the bosses from mvc series like galactus
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrBowers wrote:
    With surfer being so powerful and I am expecting other 5 star characters to be similar they need to be one man teams i.e like the bosses from mvc series like galactus

90%+ of the people with surfer have 1 or 2 covers if lucky. The other 10% keep this game going and the devs employed and giving us new content.

Since you will see the 90% way more than anything else.. and they tend to be pretty easy to beat (have killed a fair few 5 or less covered ones in PVP), i don't think anyone has anything to worry about for a while.
  • Here's what I don't understand:

What difference does it make if he has a max covered and leveled 5*? Chances are you'll fall in his same bracket once or max twice in the same season? So he might take a first place reward once or twice from you? Sim already doesn't have standings rewards. Season rewards? Ok he'll take 1st place reward? He'll get more 5*s? and? just skip him in PVP (technically PVE at this point of the meta). He'll keep getting 4*s for first place rewards (which he won't need and won't make a difference to his roster) while the rest of us continue building towards the 4*s/5*s with the 1300 token.

At the end of the day, I don't see the issue with having someone in "God mode" with fully covered 5*s.

On a side note, great job in supporting the game for and the devs (sincere reaction, not being sarcastic), to allow them to introduce new content (slightly sarcastic?)
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2015
    12036654_1022552934429942_6556293004186228353_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=d0e7c92b950c346c0a0c817d573ffa57&oe=56A515E7
    I went hard at SS today, more than 10 times and now i got a clear idea of what we can expect with 5*.. I fielded a 350 carnage/290 Scarlet witch/270 jean grey.. He was with a 390 ss, 29 k hp to chew.. I mixed my teams.. I went boosted/unboosted.. I tried Px/jg .. Hb/jg.. And yeah people.. Its bad.. pretty bad.. Dont even try it unboosted its just not possible.. Full boosted i still wiped twice.. First time it ever happened to me.. Once i even downed SS life to 32 hp just to see him regen for 12khp.. His SS can still be handled (his red is hilarious as of now with 2 covers) but when his black is rolling you can quit at once.. HB seems as good as anyone to give you the better odds to fare with ss..conclusion.. Even with a maxed roster a 29 k hp op char who cant be stunned is hellish to go against.. Basically you have a 50% chance to win full boosted, none unboosted..The gap between 4* and 5* has nothing to do with what we have seen thus far.. and its only 9 covers.. At 13 i dont see how it can be downed.. Anyway i ve been through the thick and thin of this game for 2 years and thats the first time that i cant envision the future of the game with that kind of op char.. Even if i have him at that level i wont use him in pvp cause my teamates will never hop off me.. SS is mpq god..
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if i have him at that level i wont use him in pvp cause my teamates will never hop off me.. SS is mpq god..
    maybe not but walking up to [insert desired pt level here - 1500? 2000?] would be pretty simple before putting a regular team in for queuing.
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    And I am here again.
    FOR all the comments that saying that I got over 100+token just to get 225 SS, let me make it clear here. I will give you all the truth and to clarify on how many I spent on getting SS.

I got 4 SS from Deadpool Taco by open just 2 single 40packs. *reset after get the token (lucky day).
    Next, bought 3 40 and missed all. had few gold left, bought 10pack and got token. got 1 more SS.
    The rest I got from 40 packs of several stuff and I remember I got 2 from Heroic (11800gold)
    The total was about 15 40 packs of random that i spent.
    Which mean that's around 20-25 packs and I got 9 of tokens.

It's about luck. and it happened to be me that received 225 SS by spending so much less than people expected.

I hope people are not being too overreacting over this, I am a killer whale, I love the game and Im happy to support the game.
    Trust me, y'all can complain later when I max SS and when I received no lost, that's the time to be panic. However, the new 5* is on the way, the possibility to win will be higher. Please be patient and I'm happy to be friends with all and let's have fun in this game, rather than complaining in something that will eventually balance and come into places.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    I hope you are not taking this negatively...I believe most of us mostly look at your achievement with awe and a little admiration. Maybe a few people are jealous but you'll never please everyone
This discussion has been closed.