**** Invisible Woman (Classic) ****

Pwuz_
Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in Character Details
[anchor=invisible4]Invisible Woman (Classic)[/anchor] icon_invisiblewoman.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP:13015 Tile damage:82/11/73/09/64/10/3.0
    Grant Invisibility - Cost: 9 Yellow AP
    The Invisible Woman hides the weakest member of the team. Converts a random basic Yellow tile into an Invisibility tile. While it’s on the board, the invisible character can’t be targeted.
      Level 2. Also creates 1 protect tile of strength 50. Level 3. Also creates 2 protect tiles of strength 50. Level 4. Also creates 2 protect tiles of strength 92. Level 5. Also creates 4 protect tiles of strength 92.
    Max Level: Creates 4 protect tiles of strength 184.
      Force Bubbles - Cost: 7 Blue AP
      Susan focuses her power to lock the enemy down and save the team. Locks 2 chosen basic tiles in Force Bubbles before creating a Blue Protect tile of strength 64.
        Level 2. Locks 3 selected basic tiles and makes a protect tile of strength 86. Level 3. Can Lock Strike, Protect, and Attack tiles. Level 4. Locks 4 selected tiles and makes a protect tile of strength 107. Level 5. Locks 4 selected tiles of any type and makes a protect tile of strength 127.
      Max Level: Locks 4 selected tiles of any type and makes a protect tile of strength 252.
        Force Field Crush - Cost: 12 Green AP
        Invisible Woman shatters the tiles surrounding 2 random Force Bubbles. Does not generate AP. Each Force Bubble deals 64 damage and is unlocked (but not destroyed). If there are no Force Bubbles, she creates 2 in random locations.
          Level 2. Deals 283 damage per unlocked Force Bubble. Level 3. Deals 503 damage per unlocked Force Bubble. Level 4. Destroys 3 Force Bubbles and the tiles surrounding them. If there are no locked tiles, makes 3. Level 5. Deals 1070 damage per unlocked Force Bubble.
        Max Level: Deals 2123 damage per unlocked Force Bubble.

Last Major Update: 2015-04 / Earlier Discussion

Earlier post:
        Invisible Woman (Classic) - Coming 4/17/15
        Invisible Woman is our 2nd oldest 4-Star character and has been waiting patiently for an update for a long time. When we originally designed her, we were balancing for a version of the game with longer, more difficult matches. In that version of the game, powerful, high-cost powers have more use and damage prevention is more powerful. When re-evaluating her abilities, we had a big focus on utility. Her two unique powers got a lot cheaper, allowing players to use them much more frequently. She should be locking tiles and making people invisible all the time, not occasionally at the end of the match.

Old Max Health: 8,220
        New Max Health: 13,015

yellowtile.pngGrant Invisibility - Cost: 18 to 14 Yellow AP - OLD
        The Invisible Woman hides the weakest member of the team. Converts a random basic Yellow tile into an Invisibility tile. While it’s on the board, the invisible character can’t be targeted.
        Upgrades:
          2. Costs 1 AP less. 3. Costs 1 AP less. 4. Costs 1 AP less. 5. Costs 1 AP less.

yellowtile.pngGrant Invisibility - Cost: 9 Yellow AP - NEW
        Upgrades:
          2. Also creates 1 protect tile of strength 50. 3. Also creates 2 protect tiles of strength 50. 4. Also creates 2 protect tiles of strength 92. 5. Also creates 4 protect tiles of strength 92. MAX LV 5: Also creates 4 protect tiles of strength 184.
        bluetile.pngForce Bubbles - Cost: 13 Blue AP - OLD
        Susan focuses her power to lock the enemy down and save the team. Locks 2 chosen tiles in Force Bubbles before creating a Blue Protect tile of strength 91.
        Upgrades:
          2. Locks 5 in Force Bubbles. 3. Creates a Blue Protect tile of strength 200. 4. Locks 8 in Force Bubbles. 5. Creates a Blue Protect tile of strength 400. MAX LV 5: Creates a Blue Protect tile of strength 796.

bluetile.pngForce Bubbles - Cost: 7 Blue AP - NEW
        Susan focuses her power to lock the enemy down and save the team. Locks 2 chosen basic tiles in Force Bubbles before creating a Blue Protect tile of strength 64.
        Upgrades:
          2. Locks 3 selected basic tiles and makes a protect tile of strength 86. 3. Can Lock Strike, Protect, and Attack tiles. 4. Locks 4 selected tiles and makes a protect tile of strength 107. 5. Locks 4 selected tiles of any type and makes a protect tile of strength 127. MAX LV 5: Locks 4 selected tiles of any type and makes a protect tile of strength 252.

greentile.pngForce Field Crush - Cost: 9 Green AP - OLD
        Invisible Woman shatters the tiles surrounding 1 random Force Bubbles. Each Force Bubble deals 91 damage and is unlocked (but not destroyed). If there are no Force Bubbles, she creates 1 in random locations. Ends the turn.
        Upgrades:
          2. Shatters the tiles around and unlocks 2. If there are no locked tiles, makes 2. 3. Deals 182 damage per unlocked tile. 4. Shatters the tiles around and unlocks 3. If there are no locked tiles, makes 3. 5. Deals 364 damage per unlocked tile. MAX LV 5: Deals 724 damage per unlocked tile.

greentile.pngForce Field Crush - Cost: 12 Green AP - NEW
        Invisible Woman shatters the tiles surrounding 2 random Force Bubbles. Does not generate AP. Each Force Bubble deals 64 damage and is unlocked (but not destroyed). If there are no Force Bubbles, she creates 2 in random locations.
        Upgrades:
          2. Deals 283 damage per unlocked Force Bubble. 3. Deals 503 damage per unlocked Force Bubble. 4. Destroys 3 Force Bubbles and the tiles surrounding them. If there are no locked tiles, makes 3. 5. Deals 1070 damage per unlocked Force Bubble. MAX LV 5: Deals 2123 damage per unlocked Force Bubble.
        [Extracted from original post. It and further discussion on the change can be found here].
        Original post:

So, still not particularly useful in my estimation. At least she has a fair amount of health now.

Really wish that her Bubble tiles were only locked for the opposing team. Or she could have gotten the Quicksilver treatment and had some type of bonus for having increased numbers of locked tiles.
        Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Lacydog69
          Lacydog69 Posts: 43
          Pwuz_ wrote:
          Invisible Woman (Classic) - Coming 4/17/15
          Invisible Woman is our 2nd oldest 4-Star character and has been waiting patiently for an update for a long time. When we originally designed her, we were balancing for a version of the game with longer, more difficult matches. In that version of the game, powerful, high-cost powers have more use and damage prevention is more powerful. When re-evaluating her abilities, we had a big focus on utility. Her two unique powers got a lot cheaper, allowing players to use them much more frequently. She should be locking tiles and making people invisible all the time, not occasionally at the end of the match.

Old Max Health: 8,220
          New Max Health: 13,015

yellowtile.pngGrant Invisibility - Cost: 18 to 14 Yellow AP - OLD
          Upgrades:
            2. Costs 1 AP less. 3. Costs 1 AP less. 4. Costs 1 AP less. 5. Costs 1 AP less.

yellowtile.pngGrant Invisibility - Cost: 9 Yellow AP - NEW
          Upgrades:
            2. Also creates 1 protect tile of strength 50. 3. Also creates 2 protect tiles of strength 50. 4. Also creates 2 protect tiles of strength 92. 5. Also creates 4 protect tiles of strength 92. MAX LV 5: Also creates 4 protect tiles of strength 184.
          bluetile.pngForce Bubbles - Cost: 13 Blue AP - OLD
          Susan focuses her power to lock the enemy down and save the team. Locks 2 chosen tiles in Force Bubbles before creating a Blue Protect tile of strength 91.
          Upgrades:
            2. Locks 5 in Force Bubbles. 3. Creates a Blue Protect tile of strength 200. 4. Locks 8 in Force Bubbles. 5. Creates a Blue Protect tile of strength 400. MAX LV 5: Creates a Blue Protect tile of strength 796.

bluetile.pngForce Bubbles - Cost: 7 Blue AP - NEW
          Upgrades:
            2. Locks 3 selected basic tiles and makes a protect tile of strength 86. 3. Can Lock Strike, Protect, and Attack tiles. 4. Locks 4 selected tiles and makes a protect tile of strength 107. 5. Locks 4 selected tiles of any type and makes a protect tile of strength 127. MAX LV 5: Locks 4 selected tiles of any type and makes a protect tile of strength 252.

greentile.pngForce Field Crush - Cost: 9 Green AP - OLD
          Invisible Woman shatters the tiles surrounding 1 random Force Bubbles. Each Force Bubble deals 91 damage and is unlocked (but not destroyed). If there are no Force Bubbles, she creates 1 in random locations. Ends the turn.
          Upgrades:
            2. Shatters the tiles around and unlocks 2. If there are no locked tiles, makes 2. 3. Deals 182 damage per unlocked tile. 4. Shatters the tiles around and unlocks 3. If there are no locked tiles, makes 3. 5. Deals 364 damage per unlocked tile. MAX LV 5: Deals 724 damage per unlocked tile.

greentile.pngForce Field Crush - Cost: 12 Green AP - NEW
          Upgrades:
            2. Deals 283 damage per unlocked Force Bubble. 3. Deals 503 damage per unlocked Force Bubble. 4. Destroys 3 Force Bubbles and the tiles surrounding them. If there are no locked tiles, makes 3. 5. Deals 1070 damage per unlocked Force Bubble. MAX LV 5: Deals 2123 damage per unlocked Force Bubble.

So, still not particularly useful in my estimation. At least she has a fair amount of health now.

Really wish that her Bubble tiles were only locked for the opposing team. Or she could have gotten the Quicksilver treatment and had some type of bonus for having increased numbers of locked tiles.

Man, I don't know about you, but I'm actually excited for these changes. I'm gonna run her with my Prof X, and create an invisible annoying team haha. Everything she does creates protect tiles, ad they're not too bad costed, and it will slow down you're matches if your attacking her to the point where it's an annoyance, plus she is being boosted to 13k health.
        • OnesOwnGrief
          OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
          That Green change is 2123x3 (6369)+whatever damage from tiles (24 potential). That can easily add up to a 7K+ hit for 12 Green AP if there are any bubbles of the field. If I'm not blind, it also won't end the turn...
        • I'm not really impressed. She's obviously better than she was before, but her green now costs 12 AP. Since it only does something worthwhile when you use the blue first, we're looking at another one of these 19 AP combos, that the devs seem to be so fond of, to do 7000ish damage (assuming the destroyed tiles do damage).

Even Thoress's 19 AP combo is more efficient and you get 3 turns of stun and the charged tiles over a strength 252 protect tile. (and potential cascades, to be fair)

You can skip the blue power if you pair her with Quicksilver, but you should never use two bad characters to make a semi-decent combo.
        • simonsez
          simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
          WolfmanX25 wrote:
          Even Thoress's 19 AP combo is more efficient and you get 3 turns of stun and the charged tiles over a strength 252 protect tile. (and potential cascades, to be fair)
          You've also had tiles locked indefinitely in force bubbles, which is somewhat similar to a stun, if it's a special tile.

I can't believe that we're actually discussing how equivalent IW and GT are.
        • dkffiv
          dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
          That Green change is 2123x3 (6369)+whatever damage from tiles (24 potential). That can easily add up to a 7K+ hit for 12 Green AP if there are any bubbles of the field. If I'm not blind, it also won't end the turn...

To get the bubbles you will more than likely need to spend 7 AP on her blue raising the cost to 19 AP. For 19 AP LThor is probably doing around 11.5k, for 20 AP HT is doing around 13k. She's still bad, protect tiles are mostly useless in PvE since an ability is downing you regardless and in PvP she's a minor nuisance, not nearly as big a threat as Professor X. I'm guessing the AI will be **** about bubble placement / execution so it'll probably suck on defense too.
        • PurdyPrince
          PurdyPrince Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
          I still say 5 in blue but what do you guys think as far as build for her other colors. Still keep her 3/5/5 or change it because of green's ap cost being raised and yellow's cost going down?
        • Lacydog69
          I still say 5 in blue but what do you guys think as far as build for her other colors. Still keep her 3/5/5 or change it because of green's ap cost being raised and yellow's cost going down?

I'm of the camp that I think 4/4/5 is the ay to go. Because there isn't much change between 4-5 in yellow and blue in all honesty, but green gets the big boost from 4>5
        • himatako
          himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
          Yeah, I'm not sure what I think about her buff. I'm glad that her yellow is now useful and not just some gimmicky skill though.

One thing I notice with her bubble lock is that when you lock a special tile, the tile is on the board but it's considered not on the board because it's neutralized. I tried locking Cage's protect tile & Iron Fist's attack tile, hoping to stop them from creating more. But they create more in the next turn anyway icon_e_sad.gif

I'll probably go with 4/4/5 as well. I don't really find locking special tiles that useful, since it also limits your movement. 4 in blue is enough to maximize the number of bubble locks. The extra strength in the protect tile is also not that important since you can make up with yellow instead.
        • Infrared
          Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
          himatako wrote:
          One thing I notice with her bubble lock is that when you lock a special tile, the tile is on the board but it's considered not on the board because it's neutralized. I tried locking Cage's protect tile & Iron Fist's attack tile, hoping to stop them from creating more. But they create more in the next turn anyway icon_e_sad.gif

So if I can use Cage and/or Iron Fist, and lock up my own special tiles to get new ones the next turn. Repeat once or twice. Then use force field crush. Force bubbles get unlocked, and now I have multiple high value special tiles active. icon_twisted.gif
        • Quebbster
          Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
          Lacydog69 wrote:

I'm of the camp that I think 4/4/5 is the ay to go. Because there isn't much change between 4-5 in yellow and blue in all honesty, but green gets the big boost from 4>5
          Yellow goes from 2 protect tiles at level 4 to 4 at level 5. That's double the power of the protect tiles, more if you take into account that 4 tiles take longer to get rid of.
        • Kolence
          Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
          Lacydog69 wrote:

Well, going 4->5 in blue lets her overwrite any special tile. That's probably more useful for PvE but still it's just 7 AP. In PvP you could make the enemy IW or PX visible for instance. Though on defense, the AI is likely to waste it unless it fires green too.

If anything, I'd say yellow offers the least for going from 3->5. Utility is the same, just some more and stronger protect tiles. Then again, the way the game is slowing down, it might be worth it for PvP. icon_eek.gif Make her 5/5/3 and just use someone else's strong green. But probably not. We'll see. icon_e_biggrin.gif
        • Lacydog69
          Quebbster wrote:
          Lacydog69 wrote:

Yellow goes from 2 protect tiles at level 4 to 4 at level 5. That's double the power of the protect tiles, more if you take into account that 4 tiles take longer to get rid of.

But you're really going to only fire the yellow once, because you can only hide one person with an invisibility tile. In pvp and pve, i would think, you'd want to save your yellow to fire off again if a bad cascade wiped your invisibility tile out, just like you do with professor.
          Kolence wrote:
          Well, going 4->5 in blue lets her overwrite any special tile. That's probably more useful for PvE but still it's just 7 AP. In PvP you could make the enemy IW or PX visible for instance. Though on defense, the AI is likely to waste it unless it fires green too.

If anything, I'd say yellow offers the least for going from 3->5. Utility is the same, just some more and stronger protect tiles. Then again, the way the game is slowing down, it might be worth it for PvP. icon_eek.gif Make her 5/5/3 and just use someone else's strong green. But probably not. We'll see. icon_e_biggrin.gif

It pretty much puts you in the same boat as 4Hor yellow, do you overwrite CDs as well as others or everything but. For me, personally, I'll stick with the hybrid build, and maybe change if need be, or pop dictates.

In essence, I don't really think there is a true wrong way to build her, it all depends on your play style. I just know ti will be good to have another invisible partner who can help get tiles out for Chuck.
        • I think her protect tiles are of more use now than at first glance. You pair her with some of the other characters with the risen health, and the protect tiles will REALLY drag the game out defensively. Marinate on it, 2-3 blue matches at 5 covers nets you 1000 HP in shields, along with bubbles that make 'clearing the board' with match 4s even harder. On top of that - the low health characters are finally being brought into 2015 health wise, so the value of protect tiles should actually really go up.

I think her green, while good damage, is only single target if I read correctly - at that green cost, I wonder if it would be better to just 'ignore' and go 5/5/3 - with her helping to protect 3hor or BP, some of the other stronger dmg characters, with her green being used exclusively for "I've got no better option' scenerios.
          - Unreall

EDIT - I misread the protect tiles as 4 protect tiles of 252. Bah. Even still, at only 7 blue, its easy to 'fall' into that.
        • Infrared
          Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
          Let Sue make Falcon invisible. Then watch your protect tiles get stronger, as your team draws inspiration from an empty space soaring majestically through the air.
        • Mawtful
          Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
          I think her protect tiles are of more use now than at first glance. You pair her with some of the other characters with the risen health, and the protect tiles will REALLY drag the game out defensively. Marinate on it, 2-3 blue matches at 5 covers nets you 1000 HP in shields, along with bubbles that make 'clearing the board' with match 4s even harder. On top of that - the low health characters are finally being brought into 2015 health wise, so the value of protect tiles should actually really go up.

I think her green, while good damage, is only single target if I read correctly - at that green cost, I wonder if it would be better to just 'ignore' and go 5/5/3 - with her helping to protect 3hor or BP, some of the other stronger dmg characters, with her green being used exclusively for "I've got no better option' scenerios.
          - Unreall

EDIT - I misread the protect tiles as 4 protect tiles of 252. Bah. Even still, at only 7 blue, its easy to 'fall' into that.

I get the feeling that a Sue + Kamala Khan team will be infinitely frustrating. IW should tank both Yellow and Green, and you'll be able to top up your health for anything which gets past those Protect tiles. You also get an option between single target or AoE damage with Crush and Bash. For any situation where you can pick your third, someone with cheap active Red and Black abilities (like Punisher or Psylocke) would fit right in.
        • Meto5000
          Meto5000 Posts: 583
          Mawtful wrote:
          I get the feeling that a Sue + Kamala Khan team will be infinitely frustrating. IW should tank both Yellow and Green, and you'll be able to top up your health for anything which gets past those Protect tiles. You also get an option between single target or AoE damage with Crush and Bash. For any situation where you can pick your third, someone with cheap active Red and Black abilities (like Punisher or Psylocke) would fit right in.

I think Psylocke is the easy choice here just because you can call this squad "Team Girl Power".
        • Phaserhawk
          Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
          I'm thinking Star-Lord would be a good pairing. Use his yellow to make her blue cost 5, then use her locked tiles to block matches to his CD tile. As much as I was shooting for 5/3/5 Star-Lord, with all the recent changes I"m thinking 5/5/3 may be the way to go now.
        • himatako
          himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
          From Quicksilver's thread, it appears that her Green doesn't work with Quicksilver's lock tiles. This makes her Blue + Green is the only way to make her combo works.

I wish they would make her breaking more than 3 Force Bubbles for 12 green AP though or keep the cost at 9AP. I mean, for 9 greenAP + 7 blue AP, she'd deal as much damage as what pre-nerfed X-Force used to do for only 8 green AP, no?
        • tanis3303
          tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
          Does anyone know how these locked tiles actually work? I'm sure there's SOMEONE out there that actually uses IW in her current state, and since I have her covered and don't really have another use for my iso, I might be leveling her here soon, so I gotta ask:

What the heck does it really mean to "lock" a tile? Does it do either (or both?) of the following things: Prevent countdowns from ticking down; nullify attack/protect/strike tiles? Or does it work the opposite way, allowing countdowns to tick down and special tiles to do their thing while needing to be matched 2x to actually remove them from the board? Either way has it's uses, but before I take her into battle, it would probably be good to know these things...
        • Punisher5784
          Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
          As far as I can tell, there is no straight answer to this. You might want to play around with her in the beginner story to test her out yourself and see if you like her. I have seen a Youtube where you pick where you want the Force Bubbles, you choose the T/U's. Then match a blue, and Quicksilver's ability works but it is slow. Maybe her upgrade will make her more useful.