** Magneto (Marvel NOW!) **

Options

Comments

• This is a joke. This is collateral damage for idiotic powers of new characters. Newer players suffer for d3s misguided wild tangents that they go on for new powers.

The fact that they have to nerf an original character out of the blue shows that the inmates are running the asylum
  • HawkGuy616
    HawkGuy616 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm quite unhappy about this change as well. Chaining Magneto and Hawkeye is what's been getting me through Deadpool's Daily. It seems to me the easiest thing to do would have been to change Mystique's ability to black or yellow or anything not blue, and her other powers correspondingly. Between that and the recent events being Damen, Venom, and Ragnarok over and over is making me lose interest.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not so,stormneto has been punching above its weight for far too long now.3 full 2 stars should not be able to beat 3 full 3 stars and it bugs me when i look on my shield simulator while i have been climbing to get a respectable score for end of season and some scrub has took my hard earned pts down doin this and its not worth me retaliating.this nerf has been long overdue.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Merged "Changes" thread with main character discussion.
  • Not so,stormneto has been punching above its weight for far too long now.3 full 2 stars should not be able to beat 3 full 3 stars and it bugs me when i look on my shield simulator while i have been climbing to get a respectable score for end of season and some scrub has took my hard earned pts down doin this and its not worth me retaliating.this nerf has been long overdue.
    Ares is more of an issue. Arguably dAIDSken is even worse.

Either way this was caused by mystique and the powers they gave her. Again the game has done a nosedive big time with these new creative ( read moronic ) powers they are giving people.

Speaking of shield simulator. I have a stacked team and if i keep getting owned by teams with 166 loki. Another example of the simple policy of getting cute with powers making the game worse.
  • Not so,stormneto has been punching above its weight for far too long now.3 full 2 stars should not be able to beat 3 full 3 stars and it bugs me when i look on my shield simulator while i have been climbing to get a respectable score for end of season and some scrub has took my hard earned pts down doin this and its not worth me retaliating.this nerf has been long overdue.

I dunno about that. 3 full 2*'s need to be able to beat 3 full 3*s or else PvE is going to fall apart. Also by "Full" I assume you mean PvP buffed, and Stormneto always had trouble with buffed 6800 health becomes 9600 health dudes.

Still tho, more than any other 2*, Marvel Now Magneto is used in tandem with 3*s to promote broken combos. OBW is probably sencond. While Ares is good, strong even for his category, he's not used as a staple combo plate to other heroes. He gets outclassed by other redflag.png / yellowflag.png / greenflag.png for damage eventually.

Raw damage is almost never broken. They have a metric they go by where X health on a guy plus Y AP for the power = Z damage output. It's when they start adding the quirks that balance gets tricky, and MNM has long been a quirky guy.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If u can eventually get infinite stuns/pinks/blues whatever then its broken and needs fixing,you guys doin this have had it goodand have been punching above your weight for long enough.
  • plz tell me someone has some good news about 2*mag after nerf....
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    Mystique + MNMags is no longer infinite, but it's still pretty darn good. Combined with Captain Marvel (to use black for stunning) I just took down a level 395 team in the gauntlet with just a +3 blue/purple boost.

Also, if a moderator reads this: the original post needs to be updated to reflect the level shift, and the updated purple power. For reference, his max damage for red at 4 covers is 2042, and at 5 covers is 2131.
  • A key question arises post nerf bomb: Is MMN still worth a roster slot (for vets with developed rosters)? As the character release train keeps rolling, many 3/4* vets will be pressed for slots and cuts have to be made. I've already cut quite a few and MMN is now up for reconsideration. Many vets kept him around for Storm/Mags and some others for Winfinite, but if one has every other 3*, has he become redundant/expendable now?
  • With the blue selection and all the animations flying and the crit tile being generated where the bonus red tiles gets placed gets a little lost in the shuffle. It'd be nice if it had some kinda animation or indicator.
  • camichan wrote:
    A key question arises post nerf bomb: Is MMN still worth a roster slot (for vets with developed rosters)? As the character release train keeps rolling, many 3/4* vets will be pressed for slots and cuts have to be made. I've already cut quite a few and MMN is now up for reconsideration. Many vets kept him around for Storm/Mags and some others for Winfinite, but if one has every other 3*, has he become redundant/expendable now?

I'm happy to keep any sort of red generator on board, and 3 blue for 9 purple still generates about 6 blue on average. He's a good partner to IM40/Cap in PvE now.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    camichan wrote:
    A key question arises post nerf bomb: Is MMN still worth a roster slot (for vets with developed rosters)? As the character release train keeps rolling, many 3/4* vets will be pressed for slots and cuts have to be made. I've already cut quite a few and MMN is now up for reconsideration. Many vets kept him around for Storm/Mags and some others for Winfinite, but if one has every other 3*, has he become redundant/expendable now?

I'm happy to keep any sort of red generator on board, and 3 blue for 9 purple still generates about 6 blue on average. He's a good partner to IM40/Cap in PvE now.
    I just used MNM/Daredevil/Cyclops in DPD. Pretty awesome ambush traps all around.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used him with Rags and cStorm in gauntlet. It worked really well.

The annoying thing is, you can't see what tiles are changed because of the animation. Both his and Rags'.
  • Nylarx
    Nylarx Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    My first impression with New Magneto is that even though you don't get as much blue, the random red tiles that come out are still pretty awesome, and I find that I am using his red ability more as a result. So now, even though you can't double Windstorm, you can Windstorm and maybe Magnetic Flux, collect more AP and go again.

I am cautiously optimistic that he is still useful.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Despite his nerf MNmags still works with storm and mHawkeye. I just took out the final node of the gauntlet with enemy levels of 310/311. It was slower but I think I sustained about 2000 damage spread across hawkeye and storm. The red creation actually allows you to fire off flux, collecting the extra blue you missed from the two extra blue creation. Mind you I boosted: blue/purple, all AP, all damage.
  • After polarity shift, I generally have enough for a windstorm but not 2. MNMags/CStorm is still usable, but not as OP as before. The red generation has made him decently useful with other characters including 3*s.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used Stormneto (and MsM) in the DPDQ on the multi-wave node. MnMags still allowed me to get one match 5 with blue (instead of the usual 1-3,) but generated a decent amount of red too. I had made one or two blue matches before, and I did have enough to fire off "Wind Storm."

I think it's taken "Polarity Shift" from a "this may well end the board right here" power to a "gives you a serious edge" power. It definitely weakens the Stormneto team, but it still is a good team and it now does other things. Heck, it may create some nice synergies we haven't seen yet.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Stormneto could work better with Ragnarok:
    Polarity Shift creates 3 Blue & 5 Red then 6xRed AP makes Thunderclap which creates another 4 Blue.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MnMags is still useful though not as powerful as he was before the nerf.
    Polarity Shift has gone from amazing to serviceable as I haven't noticed the red tiles being generated.
    Magnetic Flux is still pretty good for damage and AP generation but due to the amount of red AP needed and the more-often-than-not **** random countdown tile placement it's a power I don't see going off very often. Edge or corner of the board? Really?