** Magneto (Marvel NOW!) **

Options

Comments

• esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    I think this works.
    Place Blue at B5, C3, C8, H2, H4, this yields 9 Blue, 3 Black, and other.
    Step 2 Technopathic Strike, yielding 9 additional Black.
    SS
  • Polarity shift into H2,H4,C3,B5, and C8 earns 9 blue and 3 black (and one green one yellow and one TU).
    Technopathic strike should earn you 9 more black for a total of 12, and then drop the crit tile in between the reds i think. earning a 13th black with 4 red a yellow and a ?
    I have overwritten the one purple on the board so i still die if none cascaded down, epic fail.
  • esoxnepa
    Options
    Polarity shift into H2,H4,C3,B5, and C8 earns 9 blue and 3 black (and one green one yellow and one TU).
    Technopathic strike should earn you 9 more black for a total of 12, and then drop the crit tile in between the reds i think. earning a 13th black with 4 red a yellow and a ?
    I have overwritten the one purple on the board so i still die if none cascaded down, epic fail.
    I don't see where draining the AP requires a tile to still be left? So I think we both have it.
  • KrazyKeylime
    Options
    sad to see the storm/mag combo go. never used, kinda sad i didn't roster slots are to blame, used OBW and ares most of my transition 2* to 4*to 3*? i hope you can still win the 3* in ddq. good luck
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    esoxnepa wrote:
    I think this works.
    SS

I actually think you come up short of the 11 blacktile.png AP. Good idea though. Check my work if you think you still got it, though.
    esoxnepa's attempt:
    Polarity Shift blue at: B5, C3, C8, H2, H4
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    1 greentile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.png
    2 blacktile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png
    3 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.png
    4 redtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.png
    5 yellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.png
    6 yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.png
    7 redtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.png
    8 bluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.png
    Yields 11 :blue and 3 blacktile.png AP.

Resolved board:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    1 icon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gif
    2 greentile.pngicon_question.gifgreentile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngicon_question.gif
    3 blacktile.pngicon_question.gifbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.pngicon_question.gif
    4 yellowtile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngicon_question.gif
    5 redtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngicon_question.gif
    6 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngicon_question.gif
    7 yellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngicon_question.gif
    8 redtile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngicon_question.gif

Technopathic Strike:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    1 icon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gif
    2 greentile.pngicon_question.gifgreentile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngicon_question.gif
    3 blacktile.pngicon_question.gifblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngicon_question.gif
    4 yellowtile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngicon_question.gif
    5 redtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngicon_question.gif
    6 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngicon_question.gif
    7 yellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngicon_question.gif
    8 redtile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.pngicon_question.gif
    Yields 4 blacktile.png AP for a total of 7.
  • My Answer:
    Polarity Shift to bluetile.png B2, C3, C8, H2, H4. Destroying Column H and Row 8, Gain 9 bluetile.png , 3 blacktile.png . New Board ( imcoin.png represents unknown tile)

==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    1 imcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.png
    2 greentile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngimcoin.png
    3 blacktile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.pngimcoin.png
    4 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngimcoin.png
    5 redtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngimcoin.png
    6 yellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngimcoin.png
    7 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngimcoin.png
    8 redtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngimcoin.png

None of the imcoin.png can match the old board, just themselves for needless chain. Use Technopathic Strike, gain 8 blacktile.png for 11 blacktile.png total. Use Surgical Strike.
  • esoxnepa
    Options
    esoxnepa wrote:
    I think this works.
    SS

I actually think you come up short of the 11 blacktile.png AP. Good idea though. Check my work if you think you still got it, though.
    esoxnepa's attempt:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    1 greentile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.png
    2 blacktile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png
    3 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.png
    4 redtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.png
    5 yellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.png
    6 yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.png
    7 redtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.png
    8 bluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.png

Resolved board:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    3 blacktile.pngicon_question.gifbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.pngicon_question.gif
    4 yellowtile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngicon_question.gif
    8 redtile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngicon_question.gif

Technopathic Strike:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    3 blacktile.pngicon_question.gifblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngicon_question.gif
    4 yellowtile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngicon_question.gif
    8 redtile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.pngicon_question.gif

You missed one of the tile placements.
    It was B5 not B6.
  • GuntherBlobel
    Options
    This was mine as well. It's safe and I didn't have to think much.
    Lerysh wrote:
    My Answer:
    Polarity Shift to bluetile.png B2, C3, C8, H2, H4. Destroying Column H and Row 8, Gain 9 bluetile.png , 3 blacktile.png . New Board ( imcoin.png represents unknown tile)

==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    1 imcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.png
    2 greentile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngimcoin.png
    3 blacktile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.pngimcoin.png
    4 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngimcoin.png
    5 redtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngimcoin.png
    6 yellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngimcoin.png
    7 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngimcoin.png
    8 redtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngimcoin.png

None of the imcoin.png can match the old board, just themselves for needless chain. Use Technopathic Strike, gain 8 blacktile.png for 11 blacktile.png total. Use Surgical Strike.
  • GuntherBlobel
    Options
    esoxnepa wrote:
    esoxnepa wrote:
    I think this works.
    SS

esoxnepa's attempt:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H

Resolved board:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H

Technopathic Strike:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H

You missed one of the tile placements.
    It was B5 not B6.
    Is this correct, now? This looks much better than my solution. Very cool.
    esoxnepa's attempt:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    5 yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.png
    6 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.png
    Yields 9 bluetile.png and 3 blacktile.png AP.

Resolved board:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    2 greentile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngicon_question.gif
    3 blacktile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.pngicon_question.gif
    4 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngicon_question.gif
    5 redtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngicon_question.gif
    6 yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngicon_question.gif
    7 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngicon_question.gif
    8 redtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngicon_question.gif

Technopathic Strike:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    2 greentile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngicon_question.gif
    3 blacktile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngicon_question.gif
    4 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngicon_question.gif
    5 redtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngicon_question.gif
    7 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngicon_question.gif
    8 redtile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.pngicon_question.gif
    Yields 10 blacktile.png AP for a total of 13.
  • esoxnepa
    Options
    Is this correct, now? This looks much better than my solution. Very cool.
    esoxnepa's attempt:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    5 yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.png
    6 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.png
    Yields 9 bluetile.png and 3 blacktile.png AP.

Resolved board:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    3 blacktile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.pngicon_question.gif
    4 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngicon_question.gif
    6 yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngicon_question.gif
    8 redtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngicon_question.gif

Technopathic Strike:
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    3 blacktile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.pngicon_question.gif
    4 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngicon_question.gif
    8 redtile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.pngicon_question.gif
    Yields 10 blacktile.png AP for a total of 13.

Yes, that was it. It was a very nice fun puzzle.
  • Better level more oBWs, because that will be only way to beat overleveled nodes now. Steal everything and heal up from match damage. That is until you get overleveled Hero + 2 feeders. As much as goon only nodes will still be beatable (with more luck to starting position), the double feeder combos with Ares, Hood, Wolv and such will be undoable in most cases without sacrificing one hero for every clear. Those nodes are only doable if you get off a fast stun which now is impossible in 2* land except using 1* BW, but that blocks oBW and lack of Storm damage and AP gen will just kill you in long run (either due to not enough Blue to continue stunning or from CDs going off). But hey, maybe if you are in alliance that have dozens of extra rosters slots for 0/5 BWs to give out...
  • LegendReborn
    Options
    Seriously. When I was transitioning to my three stars, I leaned heavily on Storm/Mags in PVE because there were many times that nodes would scale to a point that I needed to perma stun them. It was never strong enough in PVP to get me anywhere beyond top 100 because Storm/Mags will always get slapped down well before top 50 unless you are spending crazy amounts of HP on shields.

How are the current transitioning 2* players supposed to transition now? Storm/Mags essentially made it possible for my to vastly accelerate my transition through strong PVE placements. I'm not sure if I could do it with the nerfed version.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Given that MNMags's purple ability tile placement doesn't let you overwrite countdown tiles, you currently have to be lucky to neuter goon countdowns. Either the cd tile has to be on a blue that you can match with 2+ placed tiles, or in line with a 4/5 blue line you create with the placed tiles. Or you have to use his blue ability, which is randomly placed, and again requires some luck (if it's not maxed).

I've never viewed countdown control as one of Mags' primary roles (it's more of a nice secondary benefit), so I don't see the change as impacting a key role in this way. If I need tile control, I bring OBW or Cap, who are much more effective at it. Or I hope for a bit of luck with the blue tiles and/or Storm's green.

I'm honestly not that upset about the change. I'll miss the extra blue tiles, and it will slow down the Stormneto train, but the extra red presents some good opportunity to charge up Mags' red quicker. 2000ish damage plus a huge board clear/shake isn't anything to sneeze at. And in isolation, purple will now feed BOTH of his other abilities -- how many other characters have that?

Having said that... if the change you propose was introduced, I wouldn't be too upset either. Just changes things up a little.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    Is there any point in pumping ISO into Hawkeye now?

for goon nodes in pve, I like to run a mnmag/hawkeye/your preferred green dmg dealer. Basically, I'm looking to collect purs to launch mag's polarity to trigger speedshot. Even post nerf, with 3 available blue tiles you CAN still make a "L" or "T" to trigger speedshot.

Also, I was fortunate to pull a Prof X blue cover from a Hunt token, and yup his blue passive WILL trigger in conjunction w/ speedshot. However, a Prof X/mnmag/hawkeye leaves green uncovered, and may not be a good team against green generating goons.
  • iamxzo
    iamxzo Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    i also think its boost, he will generate tons of red, and you will pair him not only with storm, i love that one
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How are the current transitioning 2* players supposed to transition now?

Buy tokens, hope you get lucky and grab a consist set of 3*s and round them off through Deadpool Daily.
    (I wish I was kidding, but sadly I'm dead serious...)
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Blue and Red feeding....

Do you think it would be worth switching to Mags to Support a two star Cap instead?

Returnable stun and damage being done consistently. Wouldn't be as quick as the Storm Combo, and would be focused on one character. But its an interesting possibility - especially seems that you get a return on his abilities, with an ability that feeds them both.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mystique seduced Magneto from his regular partner Storm. Their relationship got busted, they got nerfed. And all 3 of them got downed.
    Heck even the third party Hawkeye got affected.
    2 guys got nerfed, 4 are downed.

In fact Mystique may be the one walking away least affected. Very Mystique.
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Options
    Ok not sure why no one has stated this yet, since when did mmags/cstorm become "best" combo? Certainly they were the fastest nuke but nearly every veteran will tell you OBW & Thor/Ares. No we mean pve. Then its OBW, mmags, and cap. Does the nerf suck? Yes, did they go too far? Yes. But i doubt its changing.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Because IT WAS the best transition combo for GOON nodes, Deadpool's Quests, etc. PERIOD.
    _RiO_ wrote:
    How are the current transitioning 2* players supposed to transition now?

Buy tokens, hope you get lucky and grab a consist set of 3*s and round them off through Deadpool Daily.
    (I wish I was kidding, but sadly I'm dead serious...)

Yeah, this is seriously the best bet now. Which is pretty freaking deplorable, on the part of the developers.