** Magneto (Marvel NOW!) **

Options

Comments

• Lerysh wrote:
    Not axed as much as elongated. Takes a few more blue matches or purple matches to pull off. Or maybe a MNM Red tile or a Storm greenflag.png use. They still have synergy, they just don't have turn 3 Wind Storm power anymore.
    Yes, but that "3 turn" Windstorm is critical when facing 120+ adversaries...Along with Hawkeye's Speed Shot and generally need boosts on top of that including the HP costing All colors..
    I've had to face 194 Thor/Ragnorock/Ares/Moonstone and 200+ Goons with my puny lil' lvl 94's on multiple occasions and that's PVE, face annihilation in PVP especially when faced with the inevitable 244 XF wall, Myself and the rest of the 2* players have no chance of ranking high enough to earn the 3* covers necessary to transition to a 3* roster.. and the new DPD is redundant in most case because you actually have to have the 3* cover to be able to earn the the 3* cover and then we aren't even able to earn the ISO reward. In essence thus being punished for not having it.
  • nimvin wrote:
    Ok not sure why no one has stated this yet, since when did mmags/cstorm become "best" combo? Certainly they were the fastest nuke but nearly every veteran will tell you OBW & Thor/Ares. No we mean pve. Then its OBW, mmags, and cap. Does the nerf suck? Yes, did they go too far? Yes. But i doubt its changing.
    Of course it won't be changed the 2* players don't have a voice, seems only the 3*-4* players who have poured money into covers seem to be heard. Then they get a kick to the teeth also, but at least weren't basically neutered. The majority of 3*s and up seem to be very condescending towards the 2* "noobs" yet they're outraged that their one hit death dealer has been nerfed. understandably this sucks for them because of the large investments but have a lil' sympathy @leastyou know you're gonna hit top tier and earn whatever cover is up for grabs, we stand no chance against you 200+ XF walls...
  • Mavrek32 wrote:
    Is there any point in pumping ISO into Hawkeye now?

Only if you want to use him with BWGS' Deceptive Tatics.
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    Because IT WAS the best transition combo for GOON nodes, Deadpool's Quests, etc. PERIOD.
    _RiO_ wrote:
    How are the current transitioning 2* players supposed to transition now?

Buy tokens, hope you get lucky and grab a consist set of 3*s and round them off through Deadpool Daily.
    (I wish I was kidding, but sadly I'm dead serious...)

Yeah, this is seriously the best bet now. Which is pretty freaking deplorable, on the part of the developers.

Well with them alienating their 3* & 4* players the needed to recreate their cash flow by forcing their 2* players into purchasing packs of covers and crossing their fingers in hopes of getting 3 or (lol) 4* covers..
    Also DPD is useless due to the fact you have to have the cover to earn the cover...
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Blergh wrote:
    Blue and Red feeding....

Do you think it would be worth switching to Mags to Support a two star Cap instead?

Returnable stun and damage being done consistently. Wouldn't be as quick as the Storm Combo, and would be focused on one character. But its an interesting possibility - especially seems that you get a return on his abilities, with an ability that feeds them both.
    Similar to running 2*/3* Cap with 3* Iron Man 0/0/2 to accelerate r/b (or 0/0/1 for just red).
    I can say that with 2*Cap it is not enough to offer sufficient crowd control when facing certain combinations of goons/heroes like the DDQ survival node final wave of Gorgon & whatever 2 heroes since the previous wave created a huge bank of AP for everyone one to use. I could stun 2 with my 30 AP cap but the non-stunned hero had nearly 30 AP in every color available for whatever powers they had that would immediately down someone or two; I went ahead and retreated.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In response to ShionSinX : IF don't allow you to place 5 tiles wherever you want. Apples to oranges. But I agree, they took away the best tool for transitioning players." yellowflag.png

How is MNM (soon to be) 3 chosen tiles even comparable to IF and Cyke's 8 tile production? How can you validate the comparison of a 2* to 4* characters as if they are some how equally comparative in abilities and life?

Not even accounting for the expectant R board bombing consequently contributing to inconsistency in the usage of his highly valued ability, thus he has been effectively "neutered" ...
  • Yeah, this is dumb. MNMags/Storm was not an OP combo. It was powerful, and it helped 2* players get on their feet, but it was also phenomenally fragile, not that great in PvP, and not deserving of a nerf. This was a terrible idea.
  • first of all, the combo is NOT axed!

its still a legit 2shell! buy pink blue for 200iso and match those tiles....

secondly, i lmao at people saying its the best ** combo. its not, u have so many ** that form great synergies. wanna have a top tier ** team? try daken, ares, obw!
    wanna have sustain push? daken, wolv, storm (only if u have 5 yellow)

that are 3 really good ** teams. u can even go for double tank with thor/ares/XXX
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With upcoming change I think 3/5/5 is now only build. I had switched to 4/5/4 because I liked to acutally use his red, but now with purple generating red, you are going to be getting red a little faster than before. 4/5/4 is still fine since it means it can go off that much sooner, but I think it moves 5 red into the 4 red useage now
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i'm actually going to reserve judgment until I see them in action post nerf. Obviously it won't be as Wind Storm-eriffic as it was, but given the extra red it's going to generate and how much damage and AP Magnetic Flux provides, they may not be as **** as we're all assuming.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmm... the last time the Gauntlet came around, I beat the entire 3rd sub with those two, just to see if I could do it. In the end, I was fighting enemies around Lvl 250 - 270 IIRC. The last node was pretty much was an X-Force/4* Thor team (with Cage?, I forget).

mnMags/Storm are very ridiculously powerful together... I think you are going to find that they are still very powerful together.
  • anamosity
    anamosity Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm going to miss taking out this combo on my way up in pvp. Block blue and it's free points.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does anyone know how much iso and HP we will get for a fully covered mags come Monday? I can build a new one with covers I have accumulated but am wondering if the economics will work out.
  • I'm tempted to go from 454 to 355 but I have a hunch I'll almost always have a better red user, eg Wolverine, Daredevil, Thor, etc...
  • I absolutely hate this change. This is unacceptable to me. I say nerf Mystique if it truly had to do with her.

No, I bet it was more along the lines of them not liking how the 94 Storm, Magneto, and Thor clean up in the Deadpool's daily.
  • New here, so if this is int eh wrong section, please move or delte as appropriate.

Have people seen the changes to 2 star Magneto, and the nerfing to hsi purple power? ill anyone still use him now, with this nerfing???
    I can't really see any use for him now. His red and blue are ok, but anything with a countdown tile suck in my opinion.
    Thoughts??
  • His purple makes him a great battery if you are using a character with a real good red ability (Cyclops, 2*Wolverine, etc.). That's how I see it anyways
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm curious when exactly the red tiles are added. Before you select which tiles to turn blue? After the blue tiles you select are placed and get matched? Somewhere in between? Seems to me it's a nerf, but we won't know how much of one till we play with it.
  • LegendReborn
    Options
    I still think this change sucks for transitioning players but, at the very least, they have to make the red tiles unable to be placed over blue tiles. If people can only target 3 tiles to turn blue, they better not end up being screwed up by the random reds.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    I'm curious when exactly the red tiles are added. Before you select which tiles to turn blue? After the blue tiles you select are placed and get matched? Somewhere in between? Seems to me it's a nerf, but we won't know how much of one till we play with it.

From a Dev about this question.
    Hmmm, what if MagsMN random 5 red tile generation turns one of the existing blue to red - breaking a potential match. Can that happen?

It won't. I made sure.

Also to answer someone else's question we will likely be offering increased sale prices on updated characters. I'll update the above post when I have the official list. I would assume Thor and Ragnarok for sure.