PVE: Growth Industry

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I tried a few combinations mainly to see what worked, and eventually tried Kamala Khan, Steve Rogers, and the loaner, and pretty much annihilated it - my strategy was to stun or knock out the tile movers, and use the time spent going after the goons to heal up any damage, and was at essentially permanent full health before too long, thanks to Kamala's heal..

I finally cleared mission 5, also using Steve and Kamala (both with only 7 covers), but the key to success was really the initial board, which gave me an opening blue 5-L which then triggered a fairly ridiculous amount of cascades. In all my previous attempts I could never accumulate enough AP before suffering near-mortal damage, but the early boost in blue meant that I could get Steve's stun rolling, which gave me more or less free reign to grab AP while managing goon countdowns. I still had to eat quite a few Caltrops, but at least Kamala could offset that while Ant-Man was getting attack/strike tiles on the board.

After I'd gotten a couple of Steve's shield tiles laid down, I also had the option of foregoing stun and instead using blue to fire Ant-Man's steal if a goon laid down some strike or defense tiles (particularly Threaten/Smoke Bomb).

So clearly, it's doable, but I'm still a little leery at the ridiculous disparity between most of my attempts (where I was dead before clearing wave 2) and the crazy luck needed to jumpstart my eventual success.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FWIW:

Inner Space Cadet: Lcap/fist/hood has worked well. did wipe once over the weekend on the very last wave, got it down to dino and couldn't finish, but only one wipe since my first run. that node still at 1/4 rewards given up - this is ridiculously hard to farm.
    Big Things: - Lcap/hood worked well. have that one at 3/4 so haven't played it in a while
    Dolls: lots of combos, but ap denial really helps. and stun for hulk or just some big nukes to take him all at once.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Captain America rules survival missions.

My scaling is at level 100 for this, so it wasn't too bad.

My first try was Blade 5/3/3 level 127 plus 2* Cap 3/5/5 level 94. Spectacular wreck. I couldn't get AP for anything other than one cast of Blade's black. Two flamethrower tiles made short work of me.

My second, successful try was 2* Magneto 3/5/5 plus the Captain. The board was more favourable to me this time and I was able to quickly gather 9 purple to make my first Polarity Shift, feeding Cap's lovely shields.

It was actually pretty easy after that, though Cap was down below 2000 health by the end (I missed a goon CD on wave 3, I think, which took a good chunk off him).

I only ever used blue for Cap, while alternating red with Magneto (always while the board mover was stunned!). Mag's red really packs a punch, and the AP generation is great when it's off the edges of the board, especially after a couple Polarity Shifts have left the board looking nice & red. I only cast Ant-Man's yellow power.

So I now have 2 Ant-Man covers in unclaimed inventory (I drew a yellow from a token last week) and am 260 HP shy of a roster slot. *sigh* I hate the pay-to-play 'tax' that roster slots represent in this game.
  • Took me several tries but I finally got the hang of it with level 70 OBW and Thor and got the darned cover. Started with some purple and green boosts and a team up. Finished with Thor half health, OBW 2/3 full, and Antman... Full health because he never tanks for me.

I only have 1 blue for OBW so the trick was to stock up on blue and heal the few moments where there weren't countdowns. Especially heal before node 3. Steal enemy AP but mostly focus on getting Antman's purple out. Use Antman's blue if a character is spawning attack tiles. Use Thor's red and green when Sentry gets there or he'll destroy the entire team like the suicidal maniac that he is.

After that, with Antman's attack tiles out he should be doing 500-600 a round and wave 4 and 5 should be calmer. Heal quite a bit, stock up on green and one/two shot Gorgon on the fifth node.

Summary of Node 5 with OBW and Thor:
    Wave 1- If you don't have fast attacks then take down Kishu first.
    Wave 2- Farm AP. Heal if needed. Set some traps.
    Wave 3- For all the love that is holy, destroy and steal from Sentry and don't let him use an attack.
    Wave 4- Hope you have some blue left, I left Doc Ock for last personally so you'll want to use Antman's blue to steal attack tiles from him.
    Wave 5- Take down Gorgon. Wait for the Antman to demolish the rest.