**** Ant-Man (Scott Lang) ****

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in Character Details
Edit IceIX: Character preview time! While Nonce's post was close to the mark, I figured I'd clear up some of the abilities a little. Just for the record. As per usual, this is pre-release stuff, so take it with a pinch of salt. Or sugar, if you're an ant. Or maybe salt. Do ants eat salt?

[anchor=antman4]Ant-Man (Scott Lang)[/anchor] icon_antman.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Discussion link. Wiki link
At Max Level: HP: 14890 Tile Damage: 64/10/73/82/11/11/3.0x
    Pym Particles - 9 purpletile.png AP
    Ant-Man uses Pym Particles to shrink down and cause pint-sized chaos. Creates a Purple Trap tile that creates 2 strength 26 Purple Attack tiles each turn. While this Trap tile is on the board, this power becomes Grow.
      Level 2: Creates 2 strength 43 Attack tiles each turn. Level 3: Creates 2 strength 55 Attack tiles each turn. Level 4: Creates 3 strength 55 Attack tiles each turn. Level 5: Creates 3 strength 85 Attack tiles each turn.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Creates 2 strength 109 Attack tiles each turn. Level 4: Creates 3 strength 109 Attack tiles each turn. Level 5: Creates 3 strength 171 Attack tiles each turn.
      Small Time Crooks - 9 bluetile.png AP
      Ant-Man hops on the back of Ant-Thony and infiltrates the enemy's base to stage a miniature heist. Creates a 3-turn Blue Countdown tile that steals 1 enemy Attack, Protect or Strike tile every turn. While this Countdown tile is on the board, this power becomes Grow.
        Level 2: Creates a 4 turn Countdown tile. Level 3: Creates a 5 turn Countdown tile. Level 4: Steals 2 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles every turn. Level 5: Steals 3 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles every turn.
      Max Level
        Level 3: 5 turn Countdown tile, steals 1 special tile. Level 4: 5 turn Countdown tile, steals 2 special tiles. Level 5: 5 turn Countdown tile, steals 3 special tiles.
        Ants! Ants! Ants! - 7 yellowtile.png AP
        Ant-Man commands an army of ants to swarm his foes, biting them all over. Creates 3 3-turn Red Countdown tiles that each create a strength 23 Yellow Strike tile. (PASSIVE) At the beginning of each turn, deal 46 damage for each Ants! Ants! Ants! tile.
          Level 2: Creates 3 Countdown tiles that create strength 28 Strike tiles. Ant-Man deals 69 damage per tile each turn. Level 3: Creates 3 Countdown tiles that create strength 32 Strike tiles. Ant-Man deals 97 damage per tile each turn. Level 4: Creates 4 Countdown tiles that create strength 37 Strike tiles. Ant-Man deals 97 damage per tile each turn. Level 5: Creates 5 Countdown tiles that create strength 46 Strike tiles. Ant-Man deals 133 damage per tile each turn.
        Max Level
          Level 3: 3 Countdown tiles, strength 63 Strike tiles. 189 damage per tile each turn. Level 4: 4 Countdown tiles, strength 72 Strike tiles. 189 damage per tile each turn. Level 5: 5 Countdown tiles, strength 90 Strike tiles. 261 damage per tile each turn.

Grow - 9 purpletile.png or bluetile.png AP Dev Notes: This replaces either Pym Particles and/or Small Time Crooks as long as that ability's special tile is out. So if it replaced Pym Particles, it costs purpletile.png and if it replaced Small Time Crooks, it costs bluetile.png. This ability's level is equal to whichever ability is being replaced.
          Ant-Man leaps towards his enemy, restoring himself to full-size in midair to deliver a haymaker. Remove all Pym Particles & Small Time Crooks tiles and deal 1233 damage to the target. This power returns to its previous ability.
            Level 2: 1726 damage Level 3: 2219 damage Level 4: 3206 damage Level 5: 5179 damage
          Max Level
            Level 3: 4397 damage Level 4: 6352 damage Level 5: 10261 damage

Nonce's golden older post:
          Putting this up here until we find out more. Perhaps IceIX can at least let us know the star count.

[anchor=antman7]Antman (Insect Overlord)[/anchor] icon_antman.png
          7 Star Rarity (Overlord) Discussion link.
          At Max Level: HP: 57714 Tile Damage: 100/90/80/70/60/50/7.0x
            Bugs in the System - yellowtile.png Passive
            Ants can get into anything. For some reason, AP totals shift to be 20% more favorable for Antman.
              Level 2. Antman's opponent may get stunned for no reason. Level 3. When Antman makes a match, dropping tiles are always the color he seems to need. Level 4. 20% per turn the opponent will retreat for no reason. Level 5. Any special tiles fall under the control of Antman.
              Miniaturization - 7 redtile.png AP
              Antman shrinks his opponents. All opponent stats and damages shrink by 30%
                Level 2: Shrinkage 50%. Level 3: Shrinkage 60%. Level 4: Shrinkage 75%. Level 5: Shrinkage 90%.
                Ant Flight - 7 bluetile.png AP
                Antman flies above the fray on the back of an ant. A special Ant tile appears on the board, making Antman immune to all damage.
                  Level 2. Matching the Ant tile does Antman's health in damage to the opponent. Level 3. Antman's whole team is immune to damage. Level 4. Matching the Ant tile does Antman's health in damage to the enemy team. Level 5. Antman's player's Alliance immune to damage.
                  Giant Slam - 10 purpletile.png AP
                  Antman grows to a giant size, doing his current health in damage to his opponent.
                    Level 2: Area effect attack. Level 3: Damage is tripled. Level 4: Also affects all characters owned by player. Level 5: Also affects all characters in player's Alliance.
                    Pym Particles - greentile.png Passive
                    Antman is always collecting Pym particles. Every 30 seconds, collect a random tile from the top of the board.
                      Level 2: Every 20 seconds. Level 3: Every ten seconds. Level 4: Every five seconds. Level 5: Every second.
                      Flight of the Bumblebee - blacktile.png Passive
                      Those facing Antman must play a music game or die. With each Power usage, opponents must catch all the notes of Flight of the Bumblebee, or take 1000 damage for each missed note.
                        Level 2: The song plays twice. Level 3: The song game is also started by tile matches. Level 4: The song plays three times. Level 5: The song plays seven times.
                      Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• I think skipping to seven star characters before fives or sixes is probably a mistake on D3's part. For one thing, covers are 20,000 HP each.
                      • kent.jpg

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.
                      • RoryQ
                        RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
                        His black is over powered, probably be nerfed to twinkle, twinkle little star.
                      • mjh
                        mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
                        is this a joke?
                      • I'll allow it.

Cause this is pretty funny icon_razz.gif
                      • Nonce Equitaur 2
                        I'm just trying to "bug" the developers into giving us more info. Joke note ... his health, 57714 upside-down is hILLS, as in anthills.
                      • Nonce Equitaur 2
                        From Ant-Man 30 Day Story Event Coming?!?
                        IceIX wrote:
                        So what can you tell us about Antman, IceIX? I started a character page for him, but it likely needs tweaks.
                        Ant Flight is missing the "AP" text after the icon
                        Giant Slam's AP value should be before the icon
                        Black has been buffed since you saw it last. To match the 7 star theme, Level 5 plays the music game 7 times. And we've changed the song to this to better match character theme.

Other than that, lookin' pretty good for pre-release info.

We can probably guess bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png . I made the fixes. I doubt I could perfectly catch all the notes of FotB*7 for half an hour over and over again for each tile match.
                      • Tenaciousdecaf
                        Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
                        I couldn't breathe; I was laughing so hard. Well done.
                      • _Ryu_
                        _Ryu_ Posts: 149
                        Where's the ability: Antman's Creation!

Antman calls for his handmade buddy Ultron threaten the enemy (and the rest of the world) and doing 33% damage to current health.
                        Level 2: Does Hive Mind too.
                        Level 3: Does Gravitational Force too.
                        Level 4: Does Energy Beams too.
                        Level 5: Does everthing to enemy's alliance.
                      • SnagglePuss
                        SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
                        I think they nerfed this, originally
                        Purple 4 was Alliance affecting
                        Purple 5 attacked everyone in your bracket
                      • simonsez
                        simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
                        mjh wrote:
                        is this a joke?
                        Is that a joke?
                      • Malcrof
                        Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
                        i saw the 20% chance of enemy retreating and for a second i thought.. greatest PVP power ever! Then i read on.. my mind was going holy wtfun?

then i realized.

man i need to remember, coffee first, forums 2nd.
                      • This is really a fantastic and hilarious build. Have you considered using Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band instead of Flight of the Bumblebee?

If you need something a bit more....in the public domain, consider the classing childrens song The Ants Go Marching One by One.
                      • ronin_san
                        ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
                        Ben Grimm wrote:
                        I think skipping to seven star characters before fives or sixes is probably a mistake on D3's part. For one thing, covers are 20,000 HP each.

Doesn't matter. Whales will pay.
                      • Lidolas
                        Lidolas Posts: 500
                        I thought for sure star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png would get be able to get 6 covers/color.

And where's our poll for best build?

Good laugh. Thanks Nonce. icon_lol.gif
                      • Stax the Foyer
                        Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
                        simonsez wrote:
                        mjh wrote:
                        is this a joke?

Is that a joke?

sarcasm_zps2sqcwai2.png
                      • Der_Lex
                        Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
                      • Malcrof
                        Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
                        Der_Lex wrote:

FotBB by The Great Kat is still the best! Vanessa Mae a close 2nd.
                      • simonsez wrote:
                        mjh wrote:
                        is this a joke?
                        Is that a joke?

thatsthejoke.jpg
                      • El Satanno
                        El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
                        Oh man, once I got to the bits about attacking the entire other alliance, I lost it. Nonce, you are a frickin' genius!