MPQ Community Video - New! 'Season XVI' June, 2015

Comments

• Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    300 items in the vault is just way too much, though, it feels less likely you'll ever pull anything worthwhile. When I heard that 4* were being added to DPD, I figured it was something you could earn like in the current format, not a random .3% that rotates every week. If anything, let it stay until emptied or the player opts to reset it, so at least we can whittle it down.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    So my chances to get usable 3* covers from these tokens just took a MAJOR hit, all so the elite players can get more 4*. I don't even get a significant improvement in the odds of getting HP in compensation. No, I get a chance to pull health packs instead! Be still my beating heart icon_rolleyes.gif

Why do you have a problem with this? DDQ was and still is a great boon for transitioners giving a free, almost guaranteed 3* per day, plus around 5k iso and chances of more covers and HP. Veterans rarely get anything from DDQ besides iso and yet, you'd resent whatever little they are being given now? One day you too will be a veteran, starting your transition into 4* land and then it will be your turn to get appalled at the selfish entitlement of the 2* -> 3* transitioners of the day resenting every single little aspect of the game in which it caters to the vets instead catering to them.

Not to mention that a little bit of reading comprehension would have informed you that the it's not the three slots given to 4*s what comparatively diluted the chances of getting a 3* but rather all those health packs. Then your complain would be valid as most of us agree it's an unnecessary feature.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoic wrote:
    300 items in the vault is just way too much, though, it feels less likely you'll ever pull anything worthwhile. When I heard that 4* were being added to DPD, I figured it was something you could earn like in the current format, not a random .3% that rotates every week. If anything, let it stay until emptied or the player opts to reset it, so at least we can whittle it down.
    It will work best to stock pile your vault tokens and then open them in bulk. If you aim for the 3* that you really need and open let's say 30 tokens at once you will have a chance to get some 4* as well. If you just open your 10 from the rotation you will probably be disappointed. The vault tokens are now more like recruit tokens but with extra ISO, HP, and health packs. Open in bulk and and as you pull say "No whammies, no whammies!"
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I went into the recruit tokens and looked at the odds for 4* and it is showing .3% chance for 4*. I watched the video again and it said they were doubling the drop rate on 4* which would mean it would be a .6% chance of getting a 4*. Can the Dev's let us know if the odds have been adjusted internally and the display has not been updated, or if this update will go in with the vault on Sunday.

Thanks
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    So I went into the recruit tokens and looked at the odds for 4* and it is showing .3% chance for 4*. I watched the video again and it said they were doubling the drop rate on 4* which would mean it would be a .6% chance of getting a 4*. Can the Dev's let us know if the odds have been adjusted internally and the display has not been updated, or if this update will go in with the vault on Sunday.

Thanks

Wondering the exact same thing.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:

Thanks
    they didn't double the chance, they increased the 4* budget by 50%
    at the same time they added another 4* to that pool so the odds of pulling a particular 4* remained roughly the same as last season
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    lmao @ people swearing by "Saving your tokens for almost a year WILL get you the three 4*s!!!!! You all are SO ungrateful."

Yes, because THAT is something to truly thank someone for and be excited about?

Also, who's to say this feature will even be around in a year? Or this game? Or the world? Etc?
  • sinnerjfl
    fmftint wrote:
    at the same time they added another 4* to that pool so the odds of pulling a particular 4* remained roughly the same as last season

That math doesnt add up concerning tokens. They're used to be 7 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png's at 0.3% each for a total of 2.1% chance of pulling one. Now there are 8 of them for a chance of 2.4%, that is not doubling the rate.

Either the token draws arent updated (the '?' icon) or this has not been implemented yet.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

That math doesnt add up concerning tokens. They're used to be 7 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png's at 0.3% each for a total of 2.1% chance of pulling one. Now there are 8 of them for a chance of 2.4%, that is not doubling the rate.

Either the token draws arent updated (the '?' icon) or this has not been implemented yet.
    last season there were 9 4* in the pool with 0.3% chance each
    this season there are 10 4* in the pool

0.3*9=2.7
    2.7%, they increased the budget 50%
    2.7*1.5= 4.05
    4% budget for 4*s, there are now 10 in the draw pool
    4/10= 0.4%
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    As a 3* transitioner those new odds (compared to DDQ tacos) are very underwhelming.

It's an interesting mechanic but, as is, I'd rather have taco tokens. The minute chance to get a 4* does not compensate for all the other shortcomings in my eyes.

The cynic in me reads it as a way to help people justify spending money on tokens more than a reward for continuous play. I hope it'll get tweaked to feel more like the latter.
  • Pylgrim
    TLCstormz wrote:
    lmao @ people swearing by "Saving your tokens for almost a year WILL get you the three 4*s!!!!! You all are SO ungrateful."

Yes, because THAT is something to truly thank someone for and be excited about?

Also, who's to say this feature will even be around in a year? Or this game? Or the world? Etc?

So 5 months = A year? Interesting. Besides, if you wait 5 months, odds are that you'll open up most of the good stuff long before you exhaust your tokens, meaning that you'll have a bunch left for next cycle. In fact, it's very likely that with only 3 months worth of tokens you'll pull most of the good stuff if you don't want to wait 5 months.

Is it ideal? No, and hopefully they'll change the length of the rotation of the vault, but this is the first iteration and they want to get data fast. Is it better than the previous taco configuration? Yes, under that, there were literally no 4*s and a run of bad luck in which you just open 2*s could technically last for the rest of your life. Do you have to complain, exaggerate, and sieve every single new feature or change for a minuscule something that you can interpret as personally aggrieving? No, you don't. You really do not.
  • Pylgrim
    The current plan is to roll this out in place of the current Deadpool Daily Cover Pack set. As such, it’ll switch out every five days, just like the Packs do now. We’re planning on seeing how players take to this new feature and tweak things from there.

This gives me hope that they will consider keeping the vault open for longer, though I'm suspecting that there are technical issues about rotating only the 3* covers and not the whole thing. Since it is such a fast rotation, I think that it would be better to reduce the number of items in the DDQ vault to maybe a 100 and then maybe have a "season vault" that lasts a whole month and has more items.

It's also interesting to note that they are tweaking around the cost of taco tokens. One screenshot had 1x taco for 150 and 40 for 5000 HP, and another had 1 x 200 and 40 x 7000 HP. Hopefully they will keep the former.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

IceIX has said elsewhere in this very thread that the data push updating token odds will probably go out Monday.
  • sinnerjfl
    jffdougan wrote:
    IceIX has said elsewhere in this very thread that the data push updating token odds will probably go out Monday.

Just went through the whole thread... Could not find that comment. All IceIX has mentionned is related to the vault.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

Just went through the whole thread... Could not find that comment. All IceIX has mentionned is related to the vault.

It was in another thread.

viewtopic.php?p=376010#p376010
    IceIX wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    rofl you kept all the ums and ahs

when do 4* characters get increased odds in tokens? Is that Sunday?
    More likely Monday. It'll take a data patch which we don't do on weekends unless it's an emergency. There's a *chance* that we could push it Friday, but I wouldn't make any solid plans for that.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Looks like a hoard week for me.

I could only use 8 of the 3*/4* covers available. I also didn't see a 2* Bullseye Green which I could also use.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I also think the vault should be left open for longer or reduced for how much is in there. I have 14 moonstone covers in my vault, that's still enough to pull all ten tokens in a week. I think, for how little we can get, the vault still doesn't offer any better probabilities for how many days it takes to reset or how many items are in it. It's only beneficial to those that horde for many, many months (we don't all have every 3* to get 10 a week either, so who knows how long it'll take), or those that have money to just fork out.

Also, why does it cost so much to reset? 1k isn't worth it if it's simply going to reset a few days later.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    TazFTW wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

It was in another thread.

viewtopic.php?p=376010#p376010
    IceIX wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    rofl you kept all the ums and ahs

when do 4* characters get increased odds in tokens? Is that Sunday?
    More likely Monday. It'll take a data patch which we don't do on weekends unless it's an emergency. There's a *chance* that we could push it Friday, but I wouldn't make any solid plans for that.

Thanks for the correction; my apologies for the misstatement.

In any event, I think it looks like the odds have been updated.

Edit: correction - not updated yet. I was looking at the 10-pack data column.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:

Thanks

Finally found the original. The odds of a 4* were 2.3%. Source: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26828&p=326895#p326895

So the .3% in the tokens was not .3, it's .25555555555555 (2.3/9) being rounded.

Increase by 50%, and it's 3.45%. There's also now 10 characters, so it's really .345% Which mostly jives with the other token odds (13x5.6 for 2* = 72.8, 40 x .6 for 3* = 24, that's 96.8) With rounding in there as well (I think the 3* is a little higher), I'm guessing the change went live.

Confirmation would be nice though.
  • did token chance increase yet?