MPQ Community Video - New! 'Season XVI' June, 2015

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will Bagman be in the vault? he is NOT EASY TO COVER OMG. lol, not kidding though, i am a collector, and want him back in rotation, for no other reason then to smile a bit when i see him, better than the ire i get seeing moonstone.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice changes.

As a FTP individual, the 10 out of 300 every 5 days does not feel any better than what we currently have. Especially if I pull 10 boosts and healthpacks and no characters.

Definitely needs to be longer than 5 days to actually make use of the increasing odds, or more tokens given out during that 5 day span.

For me, this feels like they just took away more cover potential rather than increasing any odds because I don't buy tokens, I use my HP for 1 shield per PVP and roster slots.

Not a fan of the vault as it currently is presented.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Will Bagman be in the vault? he is NOT EASY TO COVER OMG. lol, not kidding though, i am a collector, and want him back in rotation, for no other reason then to smile a bit when i see him, better than the ire i get seeing moonstone.

I rather wake up to open a fresh Moonstone in the morning than a Bagman icon_lol.gif
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Huatimus wrote:
    I'm guessing someone could potentially just buy 300 tokens worth to get everything guaranteed? And that's why there's an option to refresh the vault? So that the 4* Legendary wallet warriors can get guaranteed covers?

In practice, unless you were really unlucky, you'd probably need less than 300 to get all the good prizes out.
  • Malcrof
    edited June 2015
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    Huatimus wrote:
    I'm guessing someone could potentially just buy 300 tokens worth to get everything guaranteed? And that's why there's an option to refresh the vault? So that the 4* Legendary wallet warriors can get guaranteed covers?

In practice, unless you were really unlucky, you'd probably need less than 300 to get all the good prizes out.

Well i hope it is nothing like the 20 stockpiled taco's i just opened.

18 2* Mageneto (wonder what the odds on that one are)
    Ares red
    Hulk red

all sold.

EDIT: this is in no way a complaint, Ultron Tokens loved me, 2 4* and 3 usable 3* covers, have gone 8/17 on golds... haven't seen a token on either refresh today though.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    I just remembered from the last video the devs mentioned that roster slots could be included in the Vault but they made no mention of this or slots at all. Can anyone confirm this?
    Roster Slot Tokens will not be included in the Daily Deadpool Vault. At least, not at launch. In the future? Less sure.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    - Deadpool Daily Vault is currently at this second seeded with 3 4* covers. That could change (up or down) depending on how people actually use the Vault. The *intent* is to increase 4* output to players through something they regularly use. In this case, Deadpool Daily. But if it turns out that opening this particular spigot does nothing or too much, we'll re-evaluate.

Is it 3 covers for the same 4* (one of each ability) or 3 "random" 4* covers?

If 4*s are in the vault, are 4*s being added to the Deadpool Daily rotation?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    I just remembered from the last video the devs mentioned that roster slots could be included in the Vault but they made no mention of this or slots at all. Can anyone confirm this?
    Roster Slot Tokens will not be included in the Daily Deadpool Vault. At least, not at launch. In the future? Less sure.

Thank you IceIX. I was worried my post was buried with everything else so I really appreciate your response to this and everything else recently. I hope Sunday's Vault launch is a great success for our MPQ community icon_razz.gif
  • generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    -Health packs as a prize suck. They cannot be relied upon or expected, you pop them when you don't need them, then they are spent first whenever you need a single one. They are especially redundant in our 10-pack brave new world. Two suggestions for this: replace the packs in the vault with +1 AP to all boosts, or make it so earned health packs are spent /last/. (i.e. you only dip into them if you have used your 10 free ones.) As they are now, I much, much rather draw a sellable 2*.

Agreed that health packs as rewards are a ****-shoot as to whether they are useful. Pull 3 health packs when you're already topped out at 10+? Great! Pull 3 health packs when you're at 7? Meh.

I think an "easy" fix to this would be to handle Health Pack and AP boost rewards in the same way as covers. In other words, you can choose redeem them (i.e. add them to your reserve) as you see fit on within a 14 day expiration window. This would avoid the scenario above for Health Packs, and for AP boosts, avoid the case where you've already hit the max of 30, effectively gaining nothing.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    -Health packs as a prize suck. They cannot be relied upon or expected, you pop them when you don't need them, then they are spent first whenever you need a single one. They are especially redundant in our 10-pack brave new world. Two suggestions for this: replace the packs in the vault with +1 AP to all boosts, or make it so earned health packs are spent /last/. (i.e. you only dip into them if you have used your 10 free ones.) As they are now, I much, much rather draw a sellable 2*.

Agreed that health packs as rewards are a ****-shoot as to whether they are useful. Pull 3 health packs when you're already topped out at 10+? Great! Pull 3 health packs when you're at 7? Meh.

I think an "easy" fix to this would be to handle Health Pack and AP boost rewards in the same way as covers. In other words, you can choose redeem them (i.e. add them to your reserve) as you see fit on within a 14 day expiration window. This would avoid the scenario above for Health Packs, and for AP boosts, avoid the case where you've already hit the max of 30, effectively gaining nothing.

Do we know if they are singles, 3's, 5's, 10 packs, etc... yet?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Do we know if they are singles, 3's, 5's, 10 packs, etc... yet?
    They're all 3 packs.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Just to be completely clear since it keeps coming up, here's a sample Deadpool Daily Vault. THIS IS PRERELEASE INFO AND MAY CHANGE.
    3x random 4* covers (completely random characters/abilities)
    3x random 3* Featured Character 1
    3x random 3* Featured Character 2
    3x random 3* Featured Character 3
    3x random 3* Featured Character 4
    3x random 3* Featured Character 5
    1x 10K Iso-8
    2x 5K Iso-8
    30x 1500 Iso-8
    1x 1000 Hero Points
    12x 250 Hero Points
    42x 3 Health Packs
    9x random 3* covers
    185x random 2* covers
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Just to be completely clear since it keeps coming up, here's a sample Deadpool Daily Vault. THIS IS PRERELEASE INFO AND MAY CHANGE.
    1x 10K Iso-8
    2x 5K Iso-8
    30x 1500 Iso-8
    1x 1000 Hero Points
    12x 250 Hero Points
    42x 3 Health Packs
    9x random 3* covers
    185x random 2* covers

so what is the REFRESH does it only refresh every 5 days the 3 random 3 stars or what say in 5 days i get 10 tokens and do the Draws ad hit nothing but 2 stars meaning

175x random 2 stars are still in the vault... when the refresh hits and the 5 new 3 stars are put into the vault does tne 2 stars stay at 175 or do they refresh back to 185

Health packs really need to be turned into a BOOST feature. i mean if i got 10 and win 3 i get nothing.. at least with boost should be able to store them up to 30 like the other boosts
  • IceIX
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    <Snip Vault>

so what is the REFRESH does it only refresh every 5 days the 3 random 3 stars or what say in 5 days i get 10 tokens and do the Draws ad hit nothing but 2 stars meaning

175x random 2 stars are still in the vault... when the refresh hits and the 5 new 3 stars are put into the vault does tne 2 stars stay at 175 or do they refresh back to 185
    It completely refreshes when the parent Event refreshes.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    <Snip Vault>

Man that means almost going to draw nothing but 2 stars BLAH.. seems odds are even worse this way
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    From my limited understanding of the vault, this isn't near as good as was originally perceived by the community. Getting 10 chances to pull something specific out of a 300 item bunch that will reset back to 300 items on the 5th day isn't that enticing. If we could continue to drain the 300 item bunch(however many 5 day cycles it might take) until we got what we wanted then opted to reset it ourselves afterwards, that would be much more favorable.

As it stands right now, we're going to be doing the same thing except just hoarding the tokens until we feel there is a need to unload them. Guess your idea is that if I wait and spend 200 tokens and don't get the item I was going for I'd be inclined to buy the packs needed to finish clearing it out? Cause I surely don't see anyone buying the packs straight up if the money they spent to progress through the vault gets wiped out automatically every cycle.

Funny how I was most excited about this change, only for it to end up being the least exciting of the bunch.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    <Snip Vault>

Man that means almost going to draw nothing but 2 stars BLAH.. seems odds are even worse this way

Any math whizes out there want to post what the odds are for, say, pulling a 3* cover during the 5 days of each run?
  • IceIX
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Current odds in the Cover Pack is 13x 2* characters at 6.5% each or an 84.5% chance of a 2*. Vault odds are 185/300, or 61.6% to start. It's simply better odds overall through the Vault of pulling a non-2*.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    1x 10K Iso-8
    2x 5K Iso-8
    30x 1500 Iso-8
    1x 1000 Hero Points
    12x 250 Hero Points
    42x 3 Health Packs
    9x random 3* covers
    185x random 2* covers

Keeping in mind the various caveats, that's:
    1% chance of a random 4*
    1% each of the five featured 3*s (5% total)
    11% 1500/5k/10k ISO
    4.3% 250/1000 HP
    14% Health Packs
    3% other 3*s
    61.7% 2*

Or:
    61.7% 2*
    8% 3*
    1% 4*
    29.3% Other

Given ten tokens, there's about a 9.6% chance you'll pull at least one 4*, and a 56.6% chance you'll pull at least one 3*. (EDIT: I'm not factoring in the slight increase you'd get because of the stuff getting pulled out of the vault, because that makes the calculation much more complicated without changing the number very much).

(2nd edit): Changed the (inaccurate) 29.7 to (accurate) 29.3.
    (3rd edit): Fixed the percentage for pulling a 4* from 10 pulls.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Keeping in mind the various caveats, that's:
    1% chance of a random 4*
    1% each of the five featured 3*s (5% total)
    11% 1500/5k/10k ISO
    4.3% 250/1000 HP
    14% Health Packs
    3% other 3*s
    61.7% 2*

Or:
    61.7% 2*
    8% 3*
    1% 4*
    29.7% Other

Given ten tokens, there's about a 10.6% chance you'll pull at least one 4*, and a 56.6% chance you'll pull at least one 3*. (EDIT: I'm not factoring in the slight increase you'd get because of the stuff getting pulled out of the vault, because that makes the calculation much more complicated without changing the number very much).

For comparison, currrent DP token odds (for single tokens) are:
    4* - 0%
    3* - 10%
    2* - 85.7%
    Other - 4.3%

Under "other", the odds of pulling HP are unchanged. So basically, the odds of pulling a 3* went down by 2%, odds of pulling a 4* up by 1% and a whole bunch of 2* covers got replaced by iso and health packs.

Also, Ice, sorry to make you clarify something that seems clear, but does the part below mean that the 3 covers for a featured character will not necessarily be one of each, but will be random, so they might all 3 be the same color?
    IceIX wrote: