At the rate of release on 4*'s, yes.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    4* odds increased 50%....
    Great instead of .4% its now .6%
    Is that even noticeable?

How many 4* characters have you gotten through tokens? If you increase that number by half, would it make a noticeable difference in your roster? For me, that's a definite "yes."
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    4* odds increased 50%....
    Great instead of .4% its now .6%
    Is that even noticeable?

At the rate of release on 4*'s, yes.
    Youre telling my you can see a difference of POINT TWO PERCENT? (.2%)

Really?
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    It's an extra .2 percent per 4* character. Of whom there are 11, with a 12th coming soon. So, an extra 2.2% chance that your token pull will be for a 4*. Given the number of tokens the game throws our way (9 per week from PvP, 7 per week from PvE, 14 per week from DDQ that hopefully will have similar odds under the vault system, plus season rewards and dailies), that's going to get statistically significant fairly quick.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So I'm presuming by them saying the loaner will have one of each cover, that it will be the update they never talked about? Eg each node has a different cover? (as opposed to a 1/1/1 loaner.)

Vault: 300 rewards to collect.
    Iso-8 rewards
    Healthpack rewards.

Tokens:
    200 HP for 1, 1900 HP for 10, 7000 HP for 40
    150 HP for 1, 1500 HP for 10, 5000 HP for 40 on sale.
    Reset Vault: 1000 HP (??!! for the whales)

Did anyone see anything but 2* covers in the vault?

It looks like the best rewards (3*) are in the front, really tiny. I think I see
    Ragnarok Green
    ? Red
    Daken Black
    Iron First Purple
    Cyclops Red
    GSBW Purple
    Daredevil

Really can't tell the ones before that. And then they end with symbols of Beast and Health packs.
    Way to screw up the promotional video, lol icon_lol.gif /nitpick.

ps. I hope they'll give someone a 10000HP bonus for emptying the vault.
  • fmftint
    Options
    On PVP progression, will there be anything between the 1k and 1.3k progression? Iso? Event token? HP?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There isn't anywhere near 100 characters currently. At 3 colors each, even adding in boosts, Points, Packs, etc, I can't see how the ACTUAL Vault is going to have 300 prizes....

Have to assume the Vault isn't 50%+ gold, so there'd have to be multiples of 2* in there.

Current Tacos are ~14.3%, so I'm guessing

6x42 for 2* = 252 (84%)
    2x Featured 3* (reset every 5 days) = 30 (10%)
    Featured 4* (also reset) = 3 (1%)
    Remaining 5%:
    250 HP x 5
    1000 HP x 1
    1000 Iso x 5
    5000 Iso x 1
    Health x 1
    AP Boost x 1
    20% Match Dmg x 1

Something like that.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Wait, I'm confused about the movie. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    Wait, I'm confused about the movie. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

Do you not see the look on his face in the still shot? Of course he knew.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There isn't anywhere near 100 characters currently. At 3 colors each, even adding in boosts, Points, Packs, etc, I can't see how the ACTUAL Vault is going to have 300 prizes....

Have to assume the Vault isn't 50%+ gold, so there'd have to be multiples of 2* in there.

Current Tacos are ~14.3%, so I'm guessing

6x42 for 2* = 252 (84%)
    2x Featured 3* (reset every 5 days) = 30 (10%)
    Featured 4* (also reset) = 3 (1%)
    Remaining 5%:
    250 HP x 5
    1000 HP x 1
    1000 Iso x 5
    5000 Iso x 1
    Health x 1
    AP Boost x 1
    20% Match Dmg x 1

Something like that.

If the featured 3* resets every week, how does this work? Ironfist is featured, I open his cover, now there's 29 featured covers. Does the following week reset back to 30 featured covers or will it remain 29? If I open all 252 2*'s, is everyother vault open going to be a 3 or 4*? I think I'm overthinking this.. it's hurting my head lol icon_e_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If the featured 3* resets every week, how does this work? Ironfist is featured, I open his cover, now there's 29 featured covers. Does the following week reset back to 30 featured covers or will it remain 29? If I open all 252 2*'s, is everyother vault open going to be a 3 or 4*? I think I'm overthinking this.. it's hurting my head lol icon_e_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif

No idea either. All new content is always theorycrafted with this game.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow some great changes overall!

Changes
    -Revamped Shield Sim to include more 3*'s and ISO plus 4* at the end
    -Goon tile damage reduced (except on tile damage abilities)
    -PVP Loaner will have 1 of each cover
    (not sure if it's 1/1/1 or if each node has a different cover like we're recently seeing)

Increased ways to earn a 4*
    -2000 pts in Shield Sim
    -1300 pts in PVP (1000pts remains)
    -T100 for new release
    -Possibly from the new Vault

Vault Details
    -Released 6/28/15
    -New ways to use Tacos: Take item out of vault, can reset vault (1000HP)
    -300 rewards to collect
    -Rotates every 5-days
    -Health pack awards includes

Sounds interesting, can't wait for Sunday. I am glad the devs are starting to address some of our concerns. Thank you! icon_e_biggrin.gif

should of started the vault TOMORROW starting on a sunday when noone is in the office.. guess they did not learn from the Ultron nightmare
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    For future videos I hope you guys will consider doing captions or providing transcripts for those of us who are hearing impaired.

On the Vault, I understood that it's replacing tacos, beginning Sunday. Did I hear correctly that it recycles every 5 days the way tacos currently do? If that's so, the 0/300 collected screen, is that an ongoing tally, or are there going to be 300 pullable items in the vault every 5 days? Because if that's the case, I feel like that could be a regression. That's a large enough pool of items that the daily increase in odds of pulling the "good stuff," be it 3* covers, 4* covers, HP prizes, whatever, is going to be negligible. Hopefully somebody with better ears than I have can clarify.
    Thanks for the feedback on a transcription. I'll be 100% honest and say that I'm not sure how feasible that is due to our overall manpower, but it's a great idea that we'll take into account. Heck, I'm not even hearing impaired but I prefer watching/playing anything I can with subtitles on.

As for the Vault, the plan is to release with 300 items per Vault and have it reset with every Event switch, yes. However, the initial odds are about even (barring rounding errors) for the current Deadpool Dailies compared to the Vault Deadpool Dailies. Which only get better as you pull more during that week. In this case though, it *does* get rid of the already extremely statistically low chance of pulling two of the same 3* cover during that 5 day span. Instead, you have a greater chance of pulling that other cover that's there, so more of a tradeoff than anything.

For example:
    Current pool - 250 HP has a 4% chance each pull
    Vault Pool - 12x 250 HP, or a 12/300, or a 4% chance off the first pull, greater with each pull if you don't get one

Current - Moonstone - 6.5% chance each pull
    Vault Pool - ~12x each Vault, or a 4% chance that goes up if you snag something else, or one of which is *gone* if you pull her.

Vaults themselves are configurable the same way as the Comic Packs. There is no reason that we couldn't, for example (and they are examples only, not currently in development versions) create a static 1000 Cover Heroic Token Vault that never expires, or a 1 day flash sale 10 Cover Grab Bag Vault filled with Iso and 4*s. A lot of that depends on how well the Vault actually performs and players take to it.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Speaking as somebody who's pulled a lot of double tacos, none of which I even needed the first time around, I like the sound of that.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Wow some great changes overall!

Changes
    -Revamped Shield Sim to include more 3*'s and ISO plus 4* at the end
    -Goon tile damage reduced (except on tile damage abilities)
    -PVP Loaner will have 1 of each cover
    (not sure if it's 1/1/1 or if each node has a different cover like we're recently seeing)

Increased ways to earn a 4*
    -2000 pts in Shield Sim
    -1300 pts in PVP (1000pts remains)
    -T100 for new release
    -Possibly from the new Vault

Vault Details
    -Released 6/28/15
    -New ways to use Tacos: Take item out of vault, can reset vault (1000HP)
    -300 rewards to collect
    -Rotates every 5-days
    -Health pack awards includes

Sounds interesting, can't wait for Sunday. I am glad the devs are starting to address some of our concerns. Thank you! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    To clarify:
    - Minion tile damage is reduced, but the minions with powers that destroy tiles (and do damage for those destroyed) had those powers raised in damage to compensate, and are roughly equal to the damage done before the change.
    - 1/1/1 loaners
    - Deadpool Daily Vault is currently at this second seeded with 3 4* covers. That could change (up or down) depending on how people actually use the Vault. The *intent* is to increase 4* output to players through something they regularly use. In this case, Deadpool Daily. But if it turns out that opening this particular spigot does nothing or too much, we'll re-evaluate.
    - Deadpool Daily Vault sucked away a bunch of 2* cover odds to add in: 10K Iso, 5K Iso, 1500 Iso, 3x Health Packs. At this very moment, it's 42x 3x Health Packs in the Vault, which are usually more useful to players than that same chance in drawing another Hawkeye (Modern).
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback on a transcription. I'll be 100% honest and say that I'm not sure how feasible that is due to our overall manpower, but it's a great idea that we'll take into account. Heck, I'm not even hearing impaired but I prefer watching/playing anything I can with subtitles on.

Get a better microphone and get me access to the videos with a day or two before they go live, and I'll do it. You guys can pay me in HP. icon_e_wink.gif
    As for the Vault, the plan is to release with 300 items per Vault and have it reset with every Event switch, yes. However, the initial odds are about even (barring rounding errors) for the current Deadpool Dailies compared to the Vault Deadpool Dailies. Which only get better as you pull more during that week. In this case though, it *does* get rid of the already extremely statistically low chance of pulling two of the same 3* cover during that 5 day span. Instead, you have a greater chance of pulling that other cover that's there, so more of a tradeoff than anything.

Each vault runs five days?
    For example:
    Current pool - 250 HP has a 4% chance each pull
    Vault Pool - 12x 250 HP, or a 12/300, or a 4% chance off the first pull, greater with each pull if you don't get one

Current - Moonstone - 6.5% chance each pull
    Vault Pool - ~12x each Vault, or a 4% chance that goes up if you snag something else, or one of which is *gone* if you pull her.

Vaults themselves are configurable the same way as the Comic Packs. There is no reason that we couldn't, for example (and they are examples only, not currently in development versions) create a static 1000 Cover Heroic Token Vault that never expires, or a 1 day flash sale 10 Cover Grab Bag Vault filled with Iso and 4*s. A lot of that depends on how well the Vault actually performs and players take to it.

How many vault token earning possibilities are we looking at per Event? Same 10 over 5 days as we have now? More? Fewer?

Thanks for the response. It's greatly appreciated.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    One thing I'm wondering: will stockpiled taco tokens work on the vault? Or will they become 'event completed' tokens that give out rewards tied to the last two normal blocks of DDQ rewards?
    They're planned to be different tokens. So no stockpiling. We want to get real data on how this Vault is actually performing and if it's working. Having people blow 100 tokens at various times hurts that a bit. icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    Options
    IceIX,
    On expanded PVP progression, wlll there be additional rewards between the 1K and 1.3k 4* covers?
  • IceIX
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    On PVP progression, will there be anything between the 1k and 1.3k progression? Iso? Event token? HP?
    At the moment, there's nothing between 1000 and 1300. We want to see if that impetus alone is going to make players push. It also leave open slots for us to add in additional tokens/Iso/HP later as currency outlets if/when needed.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    So we might as well use all our tacos right now?