Options

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    One thing I'm wondering: will stockpiled taco tokens work on the vault? Or will they become 'event completed' tokens that give out rewards tied to the last two normal blocks of DDQ rewards?
    They're planned to be different tokens. So no stockpiling. We want to get real data on how this Vault is actually performing and if it's working. Having people blow 100 tokens at various times hurts that a bit. icon_e_smile.gif

Don't worry, we stockpilers will stockpile new tokens too, and wait until it gets tweaked offering the best odds icon_e_smile.gif
    Especially because of the 5-day rotation, it is most efficient if we start cracking with ~150-300tokens
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback on a transcription. I'll be 100% honest and say that I'm not sure how feasible that is due to our overall manpower, but it's a great idea that we'll take into account. Heck, I'm not even hearing impaired but I prefer watching/playing anything I can with subtitles on.

Get a better microphone and get me access to the videos with a day or two before they go live, and I'll do it. You guys can pay me in HP. icon_e_wink.gif
    As for the Vault, the plan is to release with 300 items per Vault and have it reset with every Event switch, yes. However, the initial odds are about even (barring rounding errors) for the current Deadpool Dailies compared to the Vault Deadpool Dailies. Which only get better as you pull more during that week. In this case though, it *does* get rid of the already extremely statistically low chance of pulling two of the same 3* cover during that 5 day span. Instead, you have a greater chance of pulling that other cover that's there, so more of a tradeoff than anything.

Each vault runs five days?
    For example:
    Current pool - 250 HP has a 4% chance each pull
    Vault Pool - 12x 250 HP, or a 12/300, or a 4% chance off the first pull, greater with each pull if you don't get one

Current - Moonstone - 6.5% chance each pull
    Vault Pool - ~12x each Vault, or a 4% chance that goes up if you snag something else, or one of which is *gone* if you pull her.

Vaults themselves are configurable the same way as the Comic Packs. There is no reason that we couldn't, for example (and they are examples only, not currently in development versions) create a static 1000 Cover Heroic Token Vault that never expires, or a 1 day flash sale 10 Cover Grab Bag Vault filled with Iso and 4*s. A lot of that depends on how well the Vault actually performs and players take to it.

How many vault token earning possibilities are we looking at per Event? Same 10 over 5 days as we have now? More? Fewer?

Thanks for the response. It's greatly appreciated.
    We filmed this on Monday, edited it yesterday, released it today. Not much lead time there. icon_e_smile.gif

But yes, the Vault will run for the same amount of time as whatever the current parent Event is, just the same as a Comic Pack. So since it's a Deadpool Daily which switches every 5 days, these ones will last 5 days. We're not planning on changing token outflow for them, so if you're just putting in what you gain every day you'll have 10 draws every 5 days. Which is same as now against roughly the same contents as the Comic Pack but with less 2*s and more other interesting prizes.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    That could change (up or down) depending on how people actually sue the Vault.

What if I send strongly-worded letters threatening potential litigation to the Vault?
  • IceIX
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

What if I send strongly-worded letters threatening potential litigation to the Vault?
    Not quite. You should be sending Invisible Woman on carefully planned heists.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Not quite. You should be sending Invisible Woman on carefully planned heists.
    Ice thanks for being on. What will happen to our current taco tokens if we don't open them by Sunday?

Thanks
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does the Vault reset everything every five days, or just the 3* selection?

Let me give you a scenario: say my ten "free" Deadpool Daily Vault Tokens grant me ten 2* covers. My chance of getting a 3* (or some other much nicer reward) is increased accordingly... but only if I spend money to buy another Vault Token right now, because I'm not getting any more freebies from Deadpool Daily and the whole Vault resets tomorrow. Does that sound about right?

How about holding onto Vault Tokens until you've accumulated enough to really boost the odds of getting the good prizes, then splurging them all at once?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    We filmed this on Monday, edited it yesterday, released it today. Not much lead time there. icon_e_smile.gif

You'd be surprised how little I need if the video is short like this one was. The problem with this one is that the audio quality is, sorry, not great. Get a better mic and I might still need 2-3 runs to get everything, but for a 10 min vid, that's something I can pound out in 30-60 minutes. icon_e_smile.gif
    But yes, the Vault will run for the same amount of time as whatever the current parent Event is, just the same as a Comic Pack. So since it's a Deadpool Daily which switches every 5 days, these ones will last 5 days. We're not planning on changing token outflow for them, so if you're just putting in what you gain every day you'll have 10 draws every 5 days. Which is same as now against roughly the same contents as the Comic Pack but with less 2*s and more other interesting prizes.

Got it. Thanks.
  • IceIX
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Ice thanks for being on. What will happen to our current taco tokens if we don't open them by Sunday?

Thanks
    They'll become expired tokens and act just like any other Event that you don't spend tokens in and then expire.
  • IceIX
    Options
    CNash wrote:

Let me give you a scenario: say my ten "free" Deadpool Daily Vault Tokens grant me ten 2* covers. My chance of getting a 3* (or some other much nicer reward) is increased accordingly... but only if I spend money to buy another Vault Token right now, because I'm not getting any more freebies from Deadpool Daily and the whole Vault resets tomorrow. Does that sound about right?

How about holding onto Vault Tokens until you've accumulated enough to really boost the odds of getting the good prizes, then splurging them all at once?
    Yep, that's all exactly correct. And yeah, if you want to stockpile, that's on you. Same as it is now with some players that wait for the precise 5 daily characters and splurge then.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    CNash wrote:

Yep, that's all exactly correct. And yeah, if you want to stockpile, that's on you. Same as it is now with some players that wait for the precise 5 daily characters and splurge then.
    thank you for this clarification - I know lots were wondering about this. much appreciated.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for following up with more answers, it is appreciated.
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Thank you for following up with more answers, it is appreciated.

Ditto- Could this please become a regular thing? Having someone from D3 to follow up on questions for a couple of hours after a post like this definitely helps with clarification. It would also cut down on the negative speculation that often follows announcement threads.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Thanks
    They'll become expired tokens and act just like any other Event that you don't spend tokens in and then expire.

In other words, open them now as they are not updating from the current draw pools.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just adding my voice to the chorus saying how much the clarification is appreciated. It's really useful to get this kind of input when the video comes out, clears up a lot of ambiguity and improves forum engagement. Great work Ice!
  • IceIX
    Options
    In other words, open them now as they are not updating from the current draw pools.
    That's up to you. Some people like being able to see they have 86 expired tokens just lying there. I'm not gonna police your hoarding enjoyment.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    For future videos I hope you guys will consider doing captions or providing transcripts for those of us who are hearing impaired.

Yes, also because I can't listen to it at work, all I can do is watch and make up my own movie.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    That's up to you. Some people like being able to see they have 86 expired tokens just lying there. I'm not gonna police your hoarding enjoyment.
    Opened 32 tacos (was waiting for icon_ironfist.png )
    One gold I don't need, 250 imcoin.png , 30 1/2 star.png covers
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Opened 32 tacos (was waiting for icon_ironfist.png )
    One gold I don't need, 250 imcoin.png , 30 1/2 star.png covers

how in the blazing blue tinykitty did you get 1* covers from a taco
  • Unknown
    Options
    ice X - thanks so much for dropping by and answering questions. Would be great if there was a bit more of a Dev presence on the board and communication overall.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There isn't anywhere near 100 characters currently. At 3 colors each, even adding in boosts, Points, Packs, etc, I can't see how the ACTUAL Vault is going to have 300 prizes....
    Obviously, the vault will offer multiple copies of 2* covers. Otherwise, the drop rate of 3* and 4* covers would be the same as 2*. It seems the vault will reward players who hoard tokens. With 300 tokens you are guaranteed to get the entire vault. In other words, use the vault 2-3 times each year. icon_e_smile.gif That is if I understood correctly what they said in the video.