**** The Thing (Classic) ****

Options

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Confirmed that it's The Thing in The Hunt rewards that just popped up. It's Clobberin' Time is the red skill.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2015
    Options
    duplicate post. delete me.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Green does less damage at the base level than in the preview version.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No longer unknown
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Green does less damage at the base level than in the preview version.

2nd cover...less than half as much even! icon_eek.gif
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is with D3 & these extra Derpy looking characters? Seriously first Classic Bullseye, and now Thing!

And why is the Thing morbidly obese? Seriously he's fatter than King Pin!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    What is with D3 & these extra Derpy looking characters? Seriously first Classic Bullseye, and now Thing!

And why is the Thing morbidly obese? Seriously he's fatter than King Pin!
    (Classic)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Updated the OP with the full character info and smiley. icon_thing.png
  • binarypillbug
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Updated the OP with the full character info and smiley. icon_thing.png

Thanks. But the values for green are still different from what's seen in-game.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Confirmed, checking into it. Certainly not what I'm seeing on the QA server, but the designer in question isn't around at the second to ask. Get an answer when I can!
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Confirmed, checking into it. Certainly not what I'm seeing on the QA server, but the designer in question isn't around at the second to ask. Get an answer when I can!

Speaking of that, more Q&A... What game do the MPQ developers play when they're on the **** at work?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Talahamut wrote:
    Speaking of that, more Q&A... What game do the MPQ developers play when they're on the **** at work?
    7 Little Words or Fallout Shelter. Gotta be offline since that area is some kind of Faraday cage.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will this put an end to the "Marvel is forcing D3 not to use FF characters claims"? Unlikely.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Square wrote:
    Will this put an end to the "Marvel is forcing D3 not to use FF characters claims"? Unlikely.
    Tin foil is as tin foil does. We can, in theory, use any character in the Marvel universe. Some are just more difficult to manage rights on than others. (Lookin' at you, Namor!)
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Square wrote:
    Tin foil is as tin foil does. We can, in theory, use any character in the Marvel universe. Some are just more difficult to manage rights on than others. (Lookin' at you, Namor!)
    there is no tin foil

can you truly blame us for talking to our community sages, savants, hackers, checking the diving rods, and using 8-balls?

Marvel Cinematic Universe is a good sign of things to come, just as the weatherman should usually be listened to
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love The Thing, and Top 100 for a cover is certainly do-able...but why oh why does he have to be available in The Hunt?

Just take this damn PVE out back and shoot it with daddy's .22. It is, quite literally, the worst.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It used to be the worst. With the change to all PvEs, I'm curious to see how it plays nowadays. No more overlapping subs should be a first step in making it much more manageable. Now we just need them to get rid of a few nodes in Florida.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I guess we finally have a use for Psylocke against the ***/Hood/Thing teams. Her red/black combo is just low enough to fly under Thing's radar. 1357 < 1358
    Now, who else thinks this was intentional?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    It used to be the worst. With the change to all PvEs, I'm curious to see how it plays nowadays. No more overlapping subs should be a first step in making it much more manageable. Now we just need them to get rid of a few nodes in Florida.
    If it follows the pattern of Unstable ISO the 48 hour node will be Florida. I hope that's not the case.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Square wrote:

I'm just accepting that something has changed. This is the first Fantastic Four related anything I've seen released in the last year, and it doesn't change the fact that Marvel is editing FF and X-Men characters out of existing artwork and leaving them out of the character poster. I'm still not sure whether it's a one-off or whether it represents an actual change at Marvel.