MPQ Community Video - June, 2015

Options
123457»

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i just hope all of the hype for the coming changes comes out as some thing good and not a major let down once again.. Sucks waiting for stuff and hoping its going to be great but then when it hits its nothing more then the same old junk (looking at you jurassic world- for those wondering dont worry we will never have a part 5 , and you thought they could never make something worse then part 3 LOL)
  • Unknown
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    i just hope all of the hype for the coming changes comes out as some thing good and not a major let down once again.. Sucks waiting for stuff and hoping its going to be great but then when it hits its nothing more then the same old junk (looking at you jurassic world- for those wondering dont worry we will never have a part 5 , and you thought they could never make something worse then part 3 LOL)
    if it's too good the servers will crash *kappa* icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't see how it's going to be anything other than a let down to some people. Firstly, not everyone can win. You're going to have people who are complaining that the competition for T25 is ridiculous. Further, if community scaling worked in reverse, the new players are going to complain about unbeatable nodes. Finally, roster scaling will still probably be in effect. If anything, community scaling has been somewhat reasonable as of late; it seems to be the roster scaling that vets are complaining about, particularly those who had 4* maxed. I really doubt they'll get rid of roster scaling as they've said before that they try to keep the game challenging for everyone.

They still get credit for trying, even though this won't be the silver bullet or panacea to all troubles in story mode.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    I really doubt they'll get rid of roster scaling as they've said before that they try to keep the game challenging for everyone
    I'm fine with roster scaling. It's all the other unknown X factors that I'd like them to get rid of. If I had the same scaling as other players with a similar roster, I'd have a lot less to complain about. But I don't, so I do.

Why not something really simple and straight-forward: EG, if X is the average level of the three characters in your formation, the opponents levels are as follows:

Trivial = X * 0.5
    Easy = X * 0.8
    Normal = X
    Hard = X * 1.2
    Deadly = X * 1.5, capped at lv395

Hypothetical only. I don't care what the multiplying factors are exactly, and X could be the average level of 3, or the max, or the average of the highest 2... that's not important; what matters is that I don't see why we can't have something transparent like this, instead of basing scaling on things like prior performance metrics which probably aren't even relevant to the current event.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Has it been discussed if the ones who paid more than 1000HP per roster will be refunded the difference ?

That would only be fair.

Also I feel the reason the picked 1,000 and not 500 is so they wouldn't have to deal with an outcry for refunds. We basically did this to ourselves.

There wasn't a huge outcry for refunds when they made it cheaper to level characters, so anyone with tons of characters at max level or beyond the cheap price got hosed on ISO.

I would gladly give up any HP refund to have a 500 cap, and I said that six months ago while I continued to buy slots.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Also I feel the reason the picked 1,000 and not 500 is so they wouldn't have to deal with an outcry for refunds. We basically did this to ourselves.
    If that's true, they didn't work very hard to come up with a creative solution. For instance, they could've kept all prices the same, and said for slots 72 and up, the cost would be 500, essentially capping slots at 500 for anyone who currently has one of every character, and only subjecting themselves to refund requests from a very small percentage of people who keep dupes in their roster.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    By the way, you said that the experimental scaling-off PVEs will not reward new characters (thank you!) but still, they need to have an attractive enough reward or very few people will play, rendering the whole exercise pointless -if not outright misleading in its results. As 3*-4* transitioner, most non-release PVEs hold no interest for me as most of my 3*s are fully covered, and even if I am needing a cover, the time and effort commitment to place in PVE is not worth for something I could just get by waiting for it to come around in DDQ, so I just completely skip it. And I know most players on my condition do the same.

What about an event rewarding X-Force? He never got a release event and is still one of the best 4*s so lots of players will jump at the chance to get it.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like the 1,000 Hero Point cap on Roster Slots is an acceptable stop gap, and I am holding out hope that they're new ways to gain roster slots are as on point as their last "new juice" (a.k.a. Daily Deadpool), however, if the 1k cap is just the solution, this is not optimal, in my opinion. I don't feel like 1,000 Hero Points is outrageous, by any means, but it's not really attainable by a "casual player", which I think it an important aspect for them (and to me).

"The Vault" sounds interesting. Basically what I'm getting form this is like, each business week there's a pool of say, fifteen prizes, and each day you get a chance to win a pull from "The Vault", and each unsuccessful pull results in better odds for the next pull. The only pitfall I would see to this is not allowing players an adequate amount of pulls as compared to the capacity of the vault - i.e. if the vault holds 15 items, only getting three pulls is going to generally be pretty meaningless. This could also be an additional revenue source for them if they decided, for example, that you get one pull a day, over five days, and the vault holds fifteen prizes, but you can spend ISO-8/Hero Points for an extra draw a day.

Scarlet Witch fix is good to hear, but pretty much on the "eh" side of the scale overall (comparatively speaking).

Glad to hear Shield Simulator is getting a revamp. Hoping they learn some things from re-doing this and rework the current tiering system in PvP to be more rewarding overall, rather than some "big" prizes every 500-or-so points.

I am really looking forward to see how the PvE with community scaling turned off turns out. I think that it could be a good thing for PvE. I don't think that the biggest problem in PvE is community scaling, in the bigger picture, but I do feel like; a.) it's stupid to get penalized (or reap benefits) from other players doing good (or bad), as well as b.) it's an unnecessary moving part in an overcomplicated formula.

However, I do worry (and the developers hinted at this slightly) that without community scaling to kind of keep players within boundaries, that we might see PvE become even more slave-entrenching than it already is --- only to be compounded by the Health Pack increase.

And yeah, the health pack change...I see a lot of people excited to have more health packs so they can play more and that's awesome, but I do worry that it will make PvE even more of a slogfest. More Health Packs is undoubtedly better for PvPers, because it gives more runs to make up for screwed up shield hops so you can recover, but I'm not so sure about the PvE side of the equation.

I think this change, more than anything else, makes me believe that rubberbanding might be something worth looking into emphasizing more. The PvErs are just going to throw those extra 5 Health Packs at PvE and drive themselves even further up the rope than they already do and then on top of that, it allows for more errors to go unnoticed in your total score, leaving the top dogs further ahead (again).

The flip side to this, as EB pointed out to me on Line, is, it does allow for an easier grind to 1 scenario, when playing catch me up at the even of a sub, which is good, but I don't know if it's good enough?

We shall see, ultimately, and I'm looking forward to seeing. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    They can roll out more health packs hp points and iso but can't helpthe android users that still can't play so thank you and keep up your non help for us
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm an android user and am not experiencing any issues. I didn't even realize android were part of the past issue(thought it was specific to the I products).
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    moogles85 wrote:
    Summary...

1. Roster Slots
    - capping slots @ 1k hp
    2. PvE Scaling
    - Removing PvE community scaling for some events this month to track new win/loss data - not for any events for new characters
    3. Scoring in PvP events
    - No tweaks for the time being since the +50% point bonus
    4. 4* Transition plan
    - No official announcement yet
    - Upping drop rates in summer for 4* (token draw rates)
    - New feature - "The Vault" in Deadpool Daily - higher odds to pull specific items
    - 4* featured in Gauntlet (already shown in last gauntlet with HB)
    5. Health pack change
    - maximum from 5 --> 10
    - 36 minute regeneration will stay the same
    - to be implemented "soon"
    6. Scarlet Witch Bug Fix - Arcane Incantation
    - Won't turn already purple tiles into purple
    7. Shield Simulator
    - Revamped in Season 16
    yey for summaries, watching videos is so 2005

Says the guy with a link to his video stream in his sig.
  • Unknown
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    moogles85 wrote:
    Summary...

1. Roster Slots
    - capping slots @ 1k hp
    2. PvE Scaling
    - Removing PvE community scaling for some events this month to track new win/loss data - not for any events for new characters
    3. Scoring in PvP events
    - No tweaks for the time being since the +50% point bonus
    4. 4* Transition plan
    - No official announcement yet
    - Upping drop rates in summer for 4* (token draw rates)
    - New feature - "The Vault" in Deadpool Daily - higher odds to pull specific items
    - 4* featured in Gauntlet (already shown in last gauntlet with HB)
    5. Health pack change
    - maximum from 5 --> 10
    - 36 minute regeneration will stay the same
    - to be implemented "soon"
    6. Scarlet Witch Bug Fix - Arcane Incantation
    - Won't turn already purple tiles into purple
    7. Shield Simulator
    - Revamped in Season 16
    yey for summaries, watching videos is so 2005

Says the guy with a link to his video stream in his sig.
    eh, I make videos not watch 'em

But you make a good point,

I'm questioning my existence now