DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:

the dress is bluetile.png

/runs
    //hides
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just wanted to say big thumbs up to these future changes - as many have mentioned 1000HP is completely reasonable for the roster slot cap; players transitioning or building a roster might still struggle - but maybe a one-time purchasable 'starter pack' which gave x number slots, hp and heroic tokens at a discounted rate would things a bit easier. Perhaps they are considering adding things like this to the new store.
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    I'm not at that level but I get the sense that those people who are that high up find it necessary to use HP for other things, like shields, in order to get the top rewards.

Actually, I think that people are complaining not so much because they want to use it on shields. Many of the top PvP players who use the HP on shield hopping actually don't need the rewards unless there's a new character release. They simply like to score high.

But really, let's evaluate how much work getting 1000HP actually is. If you top 10 all PvE subs for a week, on a 7-day PvE week, you get 950HP since you can easily merc out to a top 50 alliance. On a 3 + 4 PvE week, you'd actually get 1000HP or even more if it is DP vs MPQ. So, basically, if you push hard for a week in PvE, you get enough HP to get that roster slot. Assuming that new characters are released every alternate week and you don't really want to push that hard for top 10 in all subs, you can just do it on the off week where it's easier to get top 10 in the subs.

PvP would still give you enough HP to do a 3+8(+3 if you're in a top 50 alliance) if you want to chase the scores. Or you can just pocket the HP which should at least be 100HP per PvP or 300HP per week not counting HP acquired from personal or alliance placement.

Even for someone who just plays it easy, during a 2 week duration, getting 800 HP is very easy. 725 scores per PvP and top 200 in PvE. That's not counting any lucky pulls from Daily Resupply or Deadpool's Daily. Get top 50 in 4 subs out of 14 during that period and you're at 1000HP.

TLDR; 1000HP isn't too much for the roster slot since that amount of HP can be obtained by anybody who wants to get it during the 2 week period.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Giving us more health packs is clearly a ploy to sell more health packs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I heard what I needed to hear... they are clearly no longer in "purge the vets mode". Something has changed at a very base level for the vision of this game's future. There was literally nothing problematic revealed in this video. Even capping roster lots at a higher number like 1,000 is ok in the grand scheme, if you are familiar with all of the places to get HP.

I am SO very glad that I kept my foot in the door on this game. I was ready to give up on it, like so many before me. I saw no glimmer of hope that things would be changed for the better... and now we have had a couple tweaks here and there that have already made the game better, with more to come.

I have a feeling that this game may be warranting some monetary investment again soon... as well as some good ratings at the app store.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babinro wrote:
    I get that there will be pushback on the choice to cap it at 1000 rather than say 500 hp but the fact of the matter is that 1000 hp is completely achievable and reasonable by a top 50 pvp/pve player.

Shouldn't more than the top 5%/10% (depends on event) be able to afford to keep the characters they have earned?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    I get that there will be pushback on the choice to cap it at 1000 rather than say 500 hp but the fact of the matter is that 1000 hp is completely achievable and reasonable by a top 50 pvp/pve player.

Shouldn't more than the top 5%/10% (depends on event) be able to afford to keep the characters they have earned?

It doesn't reach the cap until well after 65.. i know, i have 66 slots and the next is only 850.. which is 1 of every 2*, 3*, and 4* in the game (one slot saved for carnage) and 3 1*'s for kicks (and to send TU's)...

If you hit the 1k slot cap, then you are most likely a collector, who needs to have every 1* as well, or someone who builds multiples of the same char (i may build a 2nd Kamala, tired of selling green covers for her).

So unless you are well into the game, roster slot prices aren't even an issue.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I guess the thinking is that everyone can be top5% if only they just try hard enough icon_rolleyes.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1000 cap on slots is still way to high.

4 stars from vaults could be good, especially if it works out to 1 a week from ddq.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    babinro wrote:

They did say the 1k cap is just a stop gap and they are working on other ways to make roster slots available (possibly as rewards) right? We have someone who has over 100 characters and he's paying out the nose for each new character, so even this will help since roster slot prices increase dramatically once you get over 100 slots (100HP additional per new slot).
  • Unknown
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    My favorite part of the video was hearing them both refer to purple as purple. Now everyone can stop calling it pink! (I know you won't) icon_neutral.gif

I would love to call it purple, and I know it's supposed to be purple, but it's not purple.

Purple:
    Purple%20Soap%20Dye.jpg

Ooooh, son, you made me break out MS paint. If you take the color from the bottom of your "pink" tiles, the part that's not washed out by the 3d "lighting" effect, it looks like this:

dlvyTSU.png

Might be more of a plum than your royal purple, but pink it is not. icon_mrgreen.gif

My wife and I argue about whether teal things are green or blue, I usually lose. I'll stop derailing this thread now.

But now you are not taking into account the shadow effect!

Also, this 'vault' looks like a way to punish people for stockpiling taco tokens. Glad I spent my load when IF was in rotation.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I liked the Q&A and the answers. I also just took the survey from th game and I think I am seeing what they are thinking long term solutions.

First 10 heal packs very good. PVE experiment good. I will also say this you told us his will be a horrible experiment one way or the other. I will say I don't want compensation for this event if it gives you good ideas for fixing PVE. You are telling us ahead of time, just don't make it for a new character, start a thread and I will play, give you feedback, and if I don't mak progressions I am fine.
    The vault sounds interesting, I will be hoarding taco tokens for my 4* just like you said I would icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Roster slots and the survey. So when I took the survey they asked it I would be ok if they took away the ability to buy direct upgrades of characters. If the fix they are thinking of is to eliminate the ability to buy covers so we can just buy roster slots and shields, my opinion is that is bad. The people who put the most money into the game are the one who are willing to drop $100 to fully level 4* characters, and put some money into the game to monthly for shields. There are a lot of people who don't buy direct upgrades, and one of the reasons why is with the constant influx of characters they need the HP for roster slots. Eliminating direct upgrades will only stop paying customers from paying, and limit income to roster slots.
    Please reconsider the thoughts of myself and other forum members who asked for roster slots to be based on the tier you are recruiting.
    1* cost ISO or 25 HP
    2* cost 50-100HP
    3* cost 500 HP
    4* cost 750 HP
    If you sell a character you get the roster slot HP back and can put it towards the next roster slot.it is a complete rework of the system and rewriting a lot of code, but would be much better for the game. You would need to start new players with more HP to start or give them 2-3 free roster slots for there first 3-4* since they would not have earned enough HP. Please don't take away the ability to upgrade characters. I personally don't do this very often, but I do buy specific upgrades for certain characters. If anything you should lower the costs of these upgrades to make it easier to do rather than eliminating it from the game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    So I liked the Q&A and the answers. I also just took the survey from th game and I think I am seeing what they are thinking long term solutions.

<snip>

Roster slots and the survey. So when I took the survey they asked it I would be ok if they took away the ability to buy direct upgrades of characters. If the fix they are thinking of is to eliminate the ability to buy covers so we can just buy roster slots and shields, my opinion is that is bad. The people who put the most money into the game are the one who are willing to drop $100 to fully level 4* characters, and put some money into the game to monthly for shields. There are a lot of people who don't buy direct upgrades, and one of the reasons why is with the constant influx of characters they need the HP for roster slots. Eliminating direct upgrades will only stop paying customers from paying, and limit income to roster slots.
    Please reconsider the thoughts of myself and other forum members who asked for roster slots to be based on the tier you are recruiting.

1* cost ISO or 25 HP
    2* cost 50-100HP
    3* cost 500 HP
    4* cost 750 HP

<snip>

Up-voted, but felt the need to repost this part.

I cannot stress this enough. I do NOT want anything "for free," but I would like the roster slot prices to feel somewhat rational and not so overtly RL money-driven.

The above bolded structure just makes so much sense, and quite frankly feels similar to every other game I've ever played. I cannot contemplate spending HP on anything BUT roster slots, because they are prohibitively expensive, and the constant influx of new characters (or multi-* essentials) only exacerbates the issue as it stands.

DBC
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To those who are naysaying the health pack increase, I have a counter point. At a decent level of scaling (which most of us 3* players have,) a Total Party Wipeout (TPW for short,) is sadly common. Recovering from one of these is horrible - with 5 health packs you can fully recover from one, after the second you are reaching into your non-boosted or sub-optimal characters, or waiting. I also think they should reduce healing time (again,) but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth - 10 health packs makes the game a lot more playable.

Sure, I have a deep roster, but when everyone is fronting boosted characters in PVP and the PVE characters are 10 levels higher than my boosted characters, I'd really rather not throw sacrificial lambs at them hoping to get lucky.

As for the 1000hp for a roster slot - I'm with everyone else. That seems high. Regardless, I'm glad they're capping it somewhere, as it was the model they had was completely unsustainable. Sooner or later anyone playing the game would have had to pay money to continue, and eventually after that it would be priced out of how much they were willing to pay. It could theoretically take years, but it would have happened. With a cap, even a high one, we at least now know what it will take to keep your characters.

Hopefully they'll give us some good options for getting more, and if those don't pan out they'll reduce the cap to a more reasonable level.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Scoregasms wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    babinro wrote:

They did say the 1k cap is just a stop gap and they are working on other ways to make roster slots available (possibly as rewards) right? We have someone who has over 100 characters and he's paying out the nose for each new character, so even this will help since roster slot prices increase dramatically once you get over 100 slots (100HP additional per new slot).

I agree with you. It seems some people only hear what they want to hear. I think it's funny to read people saying newer players cannot afford 1000 HP every two weeks. Umm....it's the ceiling, not the basement. If you are a new or transitioning player, you probably should not worry about 1000 HP roster slots for a while.

Even before they had however many characters we have now, I'd often have to pick and choose which characters to focus on. Then, after I had a competitive roster, I went back and focused on the other characters. I've had times since then that I did not have the HP that I've actually sold completed characters, then later after I had more HP, went back and started them over again.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My issue with the cap is that it doesn't kick in until you have nearly every character in the game, including those at the 2* and 1* level. It's a relief for the collector but not for those who are only trying to keep the characters they might genuinely need to do well (which is every 3* and 4*, some – but not all – 2*s, and one 1*). I mean, I have every 4* except Carnage; every 3* period; every 2* except Bagman, Ms. Marvel and Bullseye; and a Juggernaut -- which is pretty damn comprehensive -- and my next roster spot will cost “only” 800 HP, meaning I still get no relief from the 1K cap.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    babinro wrote:

It is easier than that. Over two weeks, non-casual players should be able to get at least 300HP from PVE progressives and placement, 150 HP from PVE t250 Alliance, probably at last 50HP from daily drops, and 300 HP (just from the bottom two HP progressives in PVP) and 300 HP from PVP t250 Aliance in PVP. That's not counting hitting higher HP progressives in PVP, individual placement in PVP, or sub rewards in PVE.

That's 1100 HP. Even if you miss out on one or two, it's actually kind of hard not to get 1000 HP every two weeks as a minimum. Many players can make more than that and that's before taking into account any changes that they make to assist with roster slots.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My issue with the cap is that it doesn't kick in until you have nearly every character in the game, including those at the 2* and 1* level. It's a relief for the collector but not for those who are only trying to keep the characters they might genuinely need to do well (which is every 3* and 4*, some – but not all – 2*s, and one 1*). I mean, I have every 4* except Carnage; every 3* period; every 2* except Bagman, Ms. Marvel and Bullseye; and a Juggernaut -- which is pretty damn comprehensive -- and my next roster spot will cost “only” 800 HP, meaning I still get no relief from the 1K cap.

That's why I think it's too high - I'm well below the 1k cost myself. Still, you were going to hit it sooner or later, if you keep playing the game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Has it been discussed if the ones who paid more than 1000HP per roster will be refunded the difference ?

That would only be fair.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    -PVE experiment. I'm pessimistic about the outcome of this; if everybody is exactly in the same playing level, it means that the only way to make a differential and come off on top will be the ability to play each refresh as efficiently as possible, with clock-work like precision. This randomly will make people with conflicted day schedules unable to compete, while the lucky ones who have a daily schedule that perfectly fits will almost automatically float to the top regardless of their position in the transition. That said, I appreciate this radical approach and hopefully the lessons learned from seeing how the bare basics work will allow them to come up with a completely new method that will be superior to what we have now.

People aren't on the same level now. Scaling is already very different among people with similar rosters and PvE performance, for reasons known only to the developers and the NSA. Probably just the NSA, to be honest.

Removing community scaling, in which the nodes move for everyone, will not change that.