MPQ Community Video - June, 2015

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    On my old phone it was definitely purple but on my new phone it is clearly pink. It's strange because all the other tiles still look the same as before.
  • Puertorico
    Puertorico Posts: 50
    Options
    For those of us who have already spent 1000+ hp on roster slots, will we see receive that hp we spent over 1k back?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because they talked about the "Vault" in the context of the DDQ storefront, my read on it is that it modifies token odds. After you pull a particular cover, that cover is no longer in the vault and its odds get redistributed among all the covers you didn't pull. It remains to be seen whether the "vault" includes every cover you can possibly get from taco tokens, or it's only a select group (e.g. one particular 2*, 3* and 4*) that count as "vault" pulls.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Puertorico wrote:
    For those of us who have already spent 1000+ hp on roster slots, will we see receive that hp we spent over 1k back?

Why?
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    6. Scarlet Witch Bug Fix - Arcane Incantation
    - Won't turn already purple tiles into purple

Will fix bug IM40 + SW? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Overall, good stuff
    I still think 1k/roster slot is too high but at least we know they wont go higher.
    No tweaks to PVP scoring/progression, good news
    4*s coming to Deadpool Daily, great
    health pack inventory increased to 10, thank you
    Retooled progression rewards in Shield Sim, great
    But why would you assume turning off community scaling will ,Go horribly,?

should been lower to 700 for SLOTS how many are paying 1000+

4 star coming to deadpool who cares . people who are happy about this.> THINK ABOUT IT it mean more 4 stars meaning more SLOTS NEEDED

health packs from 5 to 10 another Very bad idea . i would rather seen health packs CAPPED AT 5 but you could put health packs away like BOOST ups and up your own health packs. Giving 10 health packs every 5 hours will mean MAJOR GRINING NEEDED

retooled sim points... HELLO 7000 10 packs

you ask how could turning off scaling go wrong.. whoever pays the most wins Someone with 20 max out 3 stars vs someone with 10 max 2 stars.. the 2 stars will never win again

sadly sounds like a last chance effort to save the game

my speakers on my pc are blown so can not hear anything,,, Nothing starts till when next season? or do any chances happen in the coming week
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

my speakers on my pc are blown so can not hear anything,,, Nothing starts till when next season? or do any chances happen in the coming week

No specific dates given for anything.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I do not get why 1000 hp per slot is a big deal. If you have that many roster slots that you are paying 1000 hp per slot, you should be able to pull 1000 hp (probably more) from the game every two weeks.

If you feel like playing so casual you cannot get 1000 hp every two weeks, I'm not sure that should be placed at the feet of mpq.

I have sold off a lot of 2*s to make room because of the growing costs, and I am a hardcore player in a top 100 PVE/PVP alliance. Over the last couple months, with slots at 750 hp, I have only been able to keep up at best with the costs.

So when I work hard for HP, the prize I am actually getting is the ability to play their game instead of using it for something fun like a 4*. Yay icon_question.gif
    slidecage wrote:
    4 star coming to deadpool who cares . people who are happy about this.> THINK ABOUT IT it mean more 4 stars meaning more SLOTS NEEDED

Who cares? Everyone who has a mostly maxed out 3* roster, that's who. Deadpools tokens are useful to me about 10% of the time.
    health packs from 5 to 10 another Very bad idea . i would rather seen health packs CAPPED AT 5 but you could put health packs away like BOOST ups and up your own health packs. Giving 10 health packs every 5 hours will mean MAJOR GRINING NEEDED

This would only be true if they upped the regen rate, not the max. You can still wait for 5 packs and play, you just have more leeway with how efficiently you can schedule MPQ time. For example, use all 10 and go to work. It may get grindy in PVE when they take off community scaling though. Players can, and will, be able to grind out more nodes before sub events end, forcing everyone else to.

Community scaling would have helped prevent this by limiting how often they actually win in these nodes, forcing the number of times others have to play it to go down. I definitely will not be playing PVEs with community scaling turned off.

fmftint wrote:

They said something along the lines of "looking into it" which, from how they weren't forthcoming, means they aren't happy with the results. I would expect a nerf.
  • slidecage
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

No specific dates given for anything.

thanks for that info... icon_e_smile.gif i still remember the first time i hooked speakers to my PC back in the 90s and the dude goes

YOU GOT MAIL.

it always scared the hell out of my dog who was sleeping under my pc desk
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ****-A They Do Listen!!

Everything I've been wanting to see addressed except for the brutal murdering of the RNG that keeps hosing us with **** cover prizes! Kudos guys!
  • Unknown
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Overall, good stuff
    I still think 1k/roster slot is too high but at least we know they wont go higher.

you ask how could turning off scaling go wrong.. whoever pays the most wins Someone with 20 max out 3 stars vs someone with 10 max 2 stars.. the 2 stars will never win again

I'd much rather have deadpool daily 4* than...anything else in game. Hopefully other events besides deadpool daily/anniversary/ultron start getting more valuable because if Deadpool daily gets 4* w/ no strings bye bye PVE
  • slidecage
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Overall, good stuff

I'd much rather have deadpool daily 4* than...anything else in game. Hopefully other events besides deadpool daily/anniversary/ultron start getting more valuable because if Deadpool daily gets 4* w/ no strings bye bye PVE

and bye bye to the game newbies would not be able to complete it meaning vets would have a bigger upper hand meaning less rewards for them.

if they had to do away with PVE i would rather seem them Keep the PVE the way it is right now (playing wise) BUT the rewards will be changed to progression rewards. Like the PVE that is running right now . i think its like making this a 3 star event

38000 3 star one cover What would be top 150 rank now
    55000 3 star with 2 covers (what would be top 50 now)
    76000 3 star with all 3 covers

those numbers would be higher but instead of figting against all it would be fighting against the AI
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    We're capping roster slots "where players feel it's comfortable".

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19201

So....what players think is comfortable and double that? I laughed out loud when I heard this.

This. So much this! There is literally a poll / survey of what players feel is comfortable and they went with 2x the results.

With that aside the changes look good and I welcome them. A step in the right direction. Please don't take 5 steps back like you've done many times before. Let this be the start of improvements for players without regression.
  • Unknown
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Overall, good stuff

and bye bye to the game newbies would not be able to complete it meaning vets would have a bigger upper hand meaning less rewards for them.

if they had to do away with PVE i would rather seem them Keep the PVE the way it is right now (playing wise) BUT the rewards will be changed to progression rewards. Like the PVE that is running right now . i think its like making this a 3 star event

38000 3 star one cover What would be top 150 rank now
    55000 3 star with 2 covers (what would be top 50 now)
    76000 3 star with all 3 covers

those numbers would be higher but instead of figting against all it would be fighting against the AI
    firstly, noobs can't do Deadpool daily anyway. The myriad of requirements(the harshest being required 3* and ability to defeat 110+ character survival node.

And like I said earlier, I'm glad they put a roster slot cap PERIOD(even if it's a **** one), and likwise, glad they're actually making a plan for 4* character acquisition PERIOD.

I never said they were good solutions.

I never said they would bring me knee-knocking orgasms forcing me to quit everything else and give D3 my paycheck.

I just know, with D3, SOMETHING is better than NOTHING(70% of the time)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

Maybe I misunderstood, but they're not changing the way sim is scored, they're doing away with the "1400 points gets you a Venom purple"

Also, 4* in DDQ might be a negative for you, for those of us with a couple covers of each lying around, another chance (I don't particularly care how small) to earn them is a major blessing.

These are easily two very positive things for the games growth, to see them any other way is just seeing the negative in anything they announce.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Uhm...............which one of my fellow customers decided that 1,000HP (which is almost $10, right?) was "a price that players feel comfortable with"????? lol

Other than that, THANK YOU for being honest and open about most of the stuff in this video, Kabir and Will.

Other than the ridiculously high roster slot cap, things sound great.

*EDIT : Another formal apology about Ultron was also in order. Or at the very least, some notes about it (what went wrong, what they're doing so that it doesn't happen again, how they plan on TRULY compensating their customers, etc).
  • Unknown
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    My favorite part of the video was hearing them both refer to purple as purple. Now everyone can stop calling it pink! (I know you won't) icon_neutral.gif

I would love to call it purple, and I know it's supposed to be purple, but it's not purple.

Purple:
    Purple%20Soap%20Dye.jpg

Pink:
    purpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.png
    purpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.png
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lots of welcome changes here, thank you guys.

Good to see a couple of streaks stay unbroken here:

1. Sounds of emergency vehicles on the video
    2. Complaints and conspiracy theories in the first pages, no matter how positive the changes.

The only thing that I am unsure of the impact, is the scaling experiment. Have you done any offline or testing-environment simulations that might tell you what to expect out of this?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    purpleflag.png
    Lerysh wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    My favorite part of the video was hearing them both refer to purple as purple. Now everyone can stop calling it pink! (I know you won't) icon_neutral.gif

I would love to call it purple, and I know it's supposed to be purple, but it's not purple.

Purple:
    Purple%20Soap%20Dye.jpg

Pink:
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

Purple:
    Purple%20Soap%20Dye.jpg

Ooooh, son, you made me break out MS paint. If you take the color from the bottom of your "pink" tiles, the part that's not washed out by the 3d "lighting" effect, it looks like this:

dlvyTSU.png

Might be more of a plum than your royal purple, but pink it is not. icon_mrgreen.gif

My wife and I argue about whether teal things are green or blue, I usually lose. I'll stop derailing this thread now.