Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Uninstalled. Burnt out on CL10 and the walls of Kitty/BRB and Okoye/iHulk. Throw in the increased 5* release rate and it became toxic for me.

Now for me this could easily go in the Best Moment thread, but it's a really negative post, and that's not what that thread should be about. 
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @CT1888

I’ve been thinking a lot about uninstalling as of recent myself and I always look forward to the freedom of not being on an MPQ schedule. I hope you can let go of all the time and/or money you have likely sunk into the game and enjoy basically having a few hours added to every day.

If the devs are listening, while I know it would be a huge overhaul to implement, allowing players more agency concerning when we play would solve a lot of issues for a lot of players and maybe even get some old players to come back.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    52 AP for the AI team on their opening move...
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    That Riri Williams, Mockingbird, green-feeding goon node.  Even AFTER I decided to whales it, it took 12 tries and 20 health packs :-/  Of those 12 tries, four were on boards starting with 1 or fewer purple tiles...
    Getting to use whales will probably be easier if you use a whales teamup from your alliance instead of Deadpool himself.  Request this in advance, so you know you have it on hand when its needed.  Discard any that gave you the red power instead of purple.

Then, you can use some of your stronger defensive toons (eg 5*, or Rogue, 4Juggs), and concentrate on collecting teamup tiles instead.  Northstar yellow will create semi-targeted teamups (on the targeted enemy's strongest colour), and I bring him along with a Sanctum support that has a chance of starting me off with yellow AP.

Bring the whales teamup, and use +2 teamup and +2 All-AP boosts.  The goal is just to get to 14 as quickly as possible and fire it off.

Hope this helps you next time.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Playing the Danger Room PVP.  Pick 3, boosted X-men.  There are 26 boosted characters in the 4 and 5 tiers; guess who showed up in almost all my queues?  Yes, of course Bishop.

Hurry up with the nerf, already.  I didn't even get to 900.  I didn't even get to 800 nor the Storm cover.  What an abysmal event.  At least I didn't waste any HP on shields.

(If you don't know, I have all the characters champed except Onslaught and Havok.  900 should have been a gimme.)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    5* players are not alone. In 4* land, it's a wall of Bishops or Juggernauts once you climb high enough.

Bishop/Juggernaut/R4G (most common)
    Bishop/Ic4men/Deadpool

Juggernaut/R4G/Kitty
    Juggernaut/R4G/Deadpool

I have probably spent about 20 healthpacks in Danger Room dealing with these teams. 

Juggernaut/R4G/Bishop is the biggsst headache in this PvP.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had saved all my miscellaneous tokens from all the recent PvPs waiting for Hellcat to be shargetable. So when she went live, I started cashing them in. Most vaults don't allow you to bulk redeem tokens, so they involve lots of clicking on the bottom of the screen in the middle. I was on autopilot, missed that I had already cashed in all my tokens, and accidentally spent 2800 HP on a useless 10 pack.

Lesson learned: click with care.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finding out that Kitty Pryde's passive overwrites Thanos's Infinity Stone tiles in The Mad Titan Matches.  I didn't notice her counter appear until it bounced to the black tile I was getting ready to match to create two crits.

Pity that doesn't work for, say, Apocalypse's Horsemen tiles in his boss battle...
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Finding out that Kitty Pryde's passive overwrites Thanos's Infinity Stone tiles in The Mad Titan Matches.  I didn't notice her counter appear until it bounced to the black tile I was getting ready to match to create two crits.

Pity that doesn't work for, say, Apocalypse's Horsemen tiles in his boss battle...
    Take her circuit breaker down to 4 and it won't show up.  Just remember to put it back up to 5 for the side node goons.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    MrPlow said:

Take her circuit breaker down to 4 and it won't show up.  Just remember to put it back up to 5 for the side node goons.
    Good advice, but I know exactly what would happen if I did that:

Tomorrow's Worst MPQ Moment - "So I switched Kitty's Circuit Breaker to 4 so I could match Thanos's Infinity Stone Tiles.  Then a side node Muscle's Tommy Gun went off and did 25K damage to my entire team."  :'(
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Entering Cosmic Chaos in SCL 10 for the first time.Please remind me that 'tis a stupid idea and never to do it again. The enemy cascades are mind boggling and the health packs run like melted butter. Blaaarghhh...
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options

From memory though, it does work for the special Doc Ock "countdown" tentacles in the Sinister Six boss event - and provides a real benefit there as this can otherwise be one of the trickiest ones to win.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    qandols said:
    Entering Cosmic Chaos in SCL 10 for the first time.Please remind me that 'tis a stupid idea and never to do it again. The enemy cascades are mind boggling and the health packs run like melted butter. Blaaarghhh...
    Had to use Whales on the fourth clear for the 5-star node.  My Panther's 3/3/3, so not bad...but not great going against LVL 500+ enemies.  After several failed attempts, it was +2 all AP, +2 purple, Deadpool and Scarlet Witch.  They also failed thanks to a massive early cascade that let Cap cast his red and take out Deadpool and SW.  Second time through, the whales flew.  Or rather...dropped.
  • qandols
    Options
    I think there is something wrong with a game if you have to resort to whales. The 5e node in Savage beasts is a horrible troll node. I have 20 champed 5 stars and do not know what to use here. I figure you have to down Hawkeye first, but then savage spams his green CD:s every single turn that feeds OML strikes and Kitty cannot keep up. By the time you have downed Hawkeye, you will have an eye beam blow up your team. I may have had lousy boards every try but it feels useless.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    qandols said:
    I think there is something wrong with a game if you have to resort to whales.
    There's always Worthy Cap and your own Hawkeye as the Cheese Team.  It took some health packs, but I cleared it foru times with those two characters and a 3/3/3 Black Panther.  Don't use Hawkeye's Blue at all.  Save the Blue AP for Cap, and the red for Hawkeye.  You just hope to get rid of the attack tile before Cap goes down.

I stunned OML first so the strikes don't get out of hand, and then go after the Mindless One.  So long as you can deny Blue/Red (which should be your primary choices with Hawkeye/Worthy) Hawkeye just does the standard match damage for a hugely overleveled 5-star.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    I think there is something wrong with a game if you have to resort to whales. The 5e node in Savage beasts is a horrible troll node. I have 20 champed 5 stars and do not know what to use here. I figure you have to down Hawkeye first, but then savage spams his green CD:s every single turn that feeds OML strikes and Kitty cannot keep up. By the time you have downed Hawkeye, you will have an eye beam blow up your team. I may have had lousy boards every try but it feels useless.
    I agree it's awful. I cleared it twice before running out of time or losing interest (perhaps both) with Thorkoye backing up Panther. Because of the scaling, Strange can't really hold out there long either.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    qandols said:
    I agree it's awful. I cleared it twice before running out of time or losing interest (perhaps both) with Thorkoye backing up Panther. Because of the scaling, Strange can't really hold out there long either.
    I'm there with the 5-star node (5-star Thor, Main Event Hulk, Valkyrie) and Challenge node (Grockitty) in the last day of Cosmic Chaos.  I cleared each one once, wiped a number of times trying for clear two, and said "I've got progression.  I'm done."
  • qandols
    edited July 2020
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    qandols said:
    I'm there with the 5-star node (5-star Thor, Main Event Hulk, Valkyrie) and Challenge node (Grockitty) in the last day of Cosmic Chaos.  I cleared each one once, wiped a number of times trying for clear two, and said "I've got progression.  I'm done."
    I whaled the 5e node second clear and called it a day. Have not the nerves for even trying the challenge. Will never return to SCL 10 again.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In Peggy Carter's Required node, I managed to get the classic setup: Stun two with her blue, punch out the third. Then, even with all remaining enemies stunned, cascades still managed to wipe out all three countdowns before they went off :(
  • sambrookjm
    edited July 2020
    Options
    In Peggy Carter's Required node, I managed to get the classic setup: Stun two with her blue, punch out the third. Then, even with all remaining enemies stunned, cascades still managed to wipe out all three countdowns before they went off :(
    Thorkoye did that with my Peggy as well.  Stunned Moonstone and Bullseye.  Took out Ares, and then watch the blue AP flow from cascades and destroyed countdown tiles.