Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I didn't take notice of the PVP rewards and I joined fairly late. Usually I'm aiming for 575, but bc I joined late, I could only manage 500. Sadly, the 4* shards were for Mordo and I happen to have Mordo at 299 and I need one more cover to champ Str5nge. Getting to 575 would have achieved both, so I'm a bit bummed now.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can always email CS. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    Worst MPQ moment of the day game, ever.

I spent some HP on a 10-pack in the Made in the USA vault and got 250 shards for my 4/4/4 5-star Iceman, then by redeeming my Heroic and Mighty tokens I got the last shards I needed to level up 4-star Iceman to 318, which gave me the last shards I needed to "buy" the 13th cover for 5-star Iceman.
    That's good, right?
    So I bought his 5th Blue cover with the shards, then I respec'd him to 5/3/5, and then I leveled him to 450 and promoted him to Champion, and...
    I realized I'd just spent 720 CP, accidentally and completely unneccessarily, to respec a 13-cover non-Champion 5-star.

If you're wondering how this can happen, it's incredibly easy.

It's because there is no confirmation message that you're about to spend 720 CP!!!

"Are you sure you want to spend 720CP to do this?"

"Are you really sure?"

Nope. None of that. It just happens!!!

Today I accidentally and completely unneccessarily spent 720 CP to respec a 13-cover 5-star.

Worst moment of the game. Ever.
    I'd hit "Like" but there's no way you can actually like what happened.  I've nearly done this a couple of times myself, although fortunately not with a 5-star.  Just yesterday, I nearly brought my baby 3-star Daredevil from 1/1/0 to 2/1/0 with 20 CP instead of the cover from an Elite token.

Edit - As for my actual worst moment, I'm in the 3-star Magneto required, using Thorkoye.  I finally get enough blue for magneto to cast his Magnetic projectile, and get a "Not Enough Tiles" message.  I double check the board, and Thor has completely wiped all of the red tiles off the board.

Since Magneto can control metal, do you think he could pick up Thor's hammer and bop him over the head with it a few times?  :)
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can always email CS. 
    Seconding this. If you have not contacted CS already, do so as soon as possible and explain what happened. Had this exact thing happen to myself one time (although I can't recall whether it was for a 4* or 5*). While I don't think a refund is guaranteed, but they may review your case and still reimburse you with the 'lost' CP. 
  • Dogface
    Options
    My way of playing makes sure I never have 720CP to make that mistake. Maybe the only plus of the non-hoarder.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You can always email CS. 
    I did that last night before posting here. Hopefully they'll realize this was a genuine and unnecessary mistake, and in a day or two this will become my Best Moment of the Game, ever! Hopefully.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had to Mega-Whale a PvP fight...and still lost. I thought I had cleared out all of Elektra's Shadow Step traps, but apparently not. And because she was still standing, iHulk stood back up, too. (Turns out Shadow Step dodges the own team damage from that as well)
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That’s unfortunate. It sounds like Shadow Step is not WAI? Possibly something the devs overlooked when releasing Hulk.
  • DeNappa
    Options
    OJSP said:
    krakenoon said:
    That’s unfortunate. It sounds like Shadow Step is not WAI? Possibly something the devs overlooked when releasing Hulk.
    Shadow Step has never worked as intended. The order of operation for taking damage, removing the traps, dealing damage and damage resolution all are processed in one go at the end. So, if there’s a massive cascade, with enough trap tiles out Elektra could deal damage multiple times and win us the match or if there aren’t enough traps, we could lose all the traps and get downed from the cascades before dealing any damage from the traps.
    Yeah it's just stupid. It's even worse, it processes at the end of the turn.

This event I had my own Elektra's black tiles out, against a near-dead 5pX and near dead other character (I forgot who). I let Elektra tank for the AI's turn, and of course it leads to a huge cascade, eating up all Elektra's traps and I think the AI even fired a power, before making a move and finally dying when my turn started.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Needed one more victory to get 4* in SWitch PVP. Got down by 150 pts cause of Bishop/Karnak wall which i just could not pass. For ******* sake, NERF HIM ALREADY INTO OBLIVION! How many times more we have to ask for Bishop nerf?
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Making the mistake of using Ghost Rider in the large wave node in Webbed Wonder just now. Jeez, had I thought of how long time his hell ride tiles take to resolve I would have used someone else. The match took nearly ten minutes.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Reached 300 slots.. (I think I did alright recycling my maxed champs for this long to manage my slots, unfortunately the increased frequency of 4* events and possibility for their champion rewards update meant I started keeping more maxed 4*s rather than selling them when the dupe is championed). I used to be able to save up for Anniversary Vaults. We’ll see how it goes in 3 months time.
    I'm at 301 now and man, it is sapping my enjoyment of the game.

2000 HP for a slot, twice a month, when I am deep into 5 land (basically everyone champed except Killmonger, Onslaught and Havok needs 15 shards).

So I'm spending 2000 HP to roster a 4* which is basically 99% guaranteed to mean nothing to my roster, but hey, it's nice to see some of the characters they are putting in.  Then another 2K to roster a 5 which might matter to me.

Seeing Misty coming...gonna cost me 2K....not feeling great about that.  I am trying to really limit any extraneous pulls now and wondering if I should keep playing a game that just delivered a big reduction in my fun SIMPLY BECAUSE I KEPT PLAYING AND BUILDING MY ROSTER.  WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @bluewolf

Are you already using flex slots for those less than useful 4*s? Might be worth a thought. It will cut into your overall champ rewards, but shards should be fairly easy at your level & you can just keep some of them rotating for essential nodes/events.

It’s not ideal & devs should definitely look at moving that bump in cost, but I don’t see them doing it. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    @bluewolf

Are you already using flex slots for those less than useful 4*s? Might be worth a thought. It will cut into your overall champ rewards, but shards should be fairly easy at your level & you can just keep some of them rotating for essential nodes/events.

It’s not ideal & devs should definitely look at moving that bump in cost, but I don’t see them doing it. 
    Do I have some slots I can eat up, some dupes I don't really need?  Yes, I can push the pain off a bit.  But why should I have to?  

There are 215 (?) characters in the game now.  Add in some dupes for 2s and 3s (if you have everyone rostered, 2 and 3 farms are pretty dang likely for you) and you're adding another 60 slots to get to 275ish.  Want to roster some triples on the 2s?  Or hitting dupe 4 status?  Roster a few MBWs for your alliance TUs? Congratulations, here you are at 300 slots before you know it.

I realize the point of the game is to never make you feel like you are "winning" but when just rostering all the characters is more than  2/3 of the way to the 2K per slot point, something should be addressed.  And no, I'm far from the first person to complain, but I'm also not a whale nor have I ever been.
  • DeNappa
    Options
    Yeah, the sudden HP cost increase feels like a slap in the face to the veteran player. "Hey player, thanks for sticking with us so long to acquire 300 roster slots, let me reward you by doubling the cost for them, haha lol"
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yet another Welcome to SHIELD troll node. Same as last time I think. Have to use a lousy loaner, an under covered and weak Goblin and a third someone (I tried Thor) and get smashed to pieces. This is not funny anymore.
  • Dogface
    edited July 2020
    Options
    qandols said:
    Yet another Welcome to SHIELD troll node. Same as last time I think. Have to use a lousy loaner, an under covered and weak Goblin and a third someone (I tried Thor) and get smashed to pieces. This is not funny anymore.
    I succeeded on two accounts first try with Bishop. Focus on the Decoy and use all your blue to stun. Your Bishop will probably not last, but he's helpful while he lasts. Then your best power is Misty's green. GG (mine are lvl 270 and 345) won't be of great use, but he can take some hits instead of Misty.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dogface said:
    qandols said:
    I succeeded on two accounts first try with Bishop. Focus on the Decoy and use all your blue to stun. Your Bishop will probably not last, but he's helpful while he lasts. Then your best power is Misty's green. GG (mine are lvl 270 and 345) won't be of great use, but he can take some hits instead of Misty.
    How big is your Bishop? And are you stunning just the Decoy until it's dead? Tried this 4 times, got destroyed each time. Tried Vulture twice, only got him airborne once before again, getting destroyed.