Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Finding out this morning that the first day of Hearts of Darkness is actually a two-day node, rather than the one-day it almost always is.  So much for a high placement this time...
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Finding out this morning that the first day of Hearts of Darkness is actually a two-day node, rather than the one-day it almost always is.  So much for a high placement this time...

Premature clearing is a condition that affects dozens of MPQ users, but there are treatments. That’s one thing my alliance is really good about-we warn each other about 48 hour subs.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    Mine does the same. Although I do not have time for 4+3 so i go straight 6 clears, sos it does not mater for me that much.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    My worst moment today was in a PvAI match the AI first move generated 84 AP for it. Silver lining I won 
  • Mr_F
    edited June 2020
    Getting to know that we in the same year got 4th situation which can be described as "its stupid idea for character x to be playable or to bring xth version of character Z". After iHulk, Apocalypse and Onslaught we just got Legion. And we arestill waiting for Wrecking Crew, Zemo and Red Skull. Jeez, not excited once again.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finding out Legion is not a 5*.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Royals node in Spirits of Vengeance. Brrrrrrrr......  :s
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Going 0 for 20 in Latest. 
  • sambrookjm
    Thor was about 800 points above half health entering The Rider Awakens node.  I make a match 4, figuring that the resulting match from the enemy team would get him to just under half health so we can start the AP generation. 

A match that results in a cascade yielding four critical tiles, 38 AP, and 18K damage to Thor later, my second turn starts.  He;s now sitting at 10K health, and really hoping he doesn't have to tank another match...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thor was about 800 points above half health entering The Rider Awakens node.  I make a match 4, figuring that the resulting match from the enemy team would get him to just under half health so we can start the AP generation. 

A match that results in a cascade yielding four critical tiles, 38 AP, and 18K damage to Thor later, my second turn starts.  He;s now sitting at 10K health, and really hoping he doesn't have to tank another match...
    Heh, the same thing happened to me just now in the Hulk node of Deadpool vs Heroes. In a cascade that lasted what seems like 30 seconds, Thor went from 38k to 12k. I still won but I think Thor will have to take a nap before fighting on.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor

Same here. What should have been a safe tank move for a not-quite-half-Thor dropped in a fething Team-Up match 4 for the AI team who had Okoye and X5 on their team. That cascaded into a match 5 and another match 4, Thor went down, and I had kittens when I hit my phone's back button and it didn't work.
    I knew 'back' (and pause) not working meant I was about to lose the match, and it was the AI's very first turn!
    I frantically hit the 'recent apps' button which dropped me out of the game, and when I returned I had the Pause menu which allowed me to retreat from the match.
    Yes, it was still a loss, but at least it wasn't a total Wipe.
    Backing out of the match that way is not unlike when the Hunter feigns death then uses Goblin jumper cables on the Priest so they can rez everyone else and avoid the long run back. Of course the game has changed a lot since those days ;) 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:

Heh, the same thing happened to me just now in the Hulk node of Deadpool vs Heroes. In a cascade that lasted what seems like 30 seconds, Thor went from 38k to 12k. I still won but I think Thor will have to take a nap before fighting on.
    12K? Lol, I think I've managed to do entire grinds/clears with triple digit or low quadruple digit health on Thor. For the most part, fairly easy if you're facing goons, or if Okoye tanks red (mine doesn't). But when you have to face tile movers, or anyone with an AoE, it'll definitely have you clenching up. 
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Clear 5 of the 5E node in CL10 of DPvsMPQ Sub 1 using Yelena (1/1/0), iHulk, and Vulture. I had enough black so Vulture was permanently airborne. Then Vulture came back. iHulk makes some green tiles which makes an insane cascade which downs Hulk. The cascade continues and Hulk goes down again. The cascade continues and Hulk goes down a third time, taking Vulture with him through the green door. 10 Minutes of my life wasted.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Wasted 10 health packs against the Mockingbird, Iron Fist, Luke Cage in CL9's 5E node. No matter what team I was trying, was not getting rid of Luke Cage and Mockingbird's free powers easily enough for them to gain strength and KO most of my team. I'm resigned to the fact now I am not finishing top 100 in the event and cursing developers for using MPQ vs. Deadpool for another 4 star release reward. The worst event to play to release a new 4 star, as placement in the damn 4 day event is always such a crapshoot, even with the most optimal of plays and clears.
  • Dogface
    Wasted 10 health packs against the Mockingbird, Iron Fist, Luke Cage in CL9's 5E node. No matter what team I was trying, was not getting rid of Luke Cage and Mockingbird's free powers easily enough for them to gain strength and KO most of my team. I'm resigned to the fact now I am not finishing top 100 in the event and cursing developers for using MPQ vs. Deadpool for another 4 star release reward. The worst event to play to release a new 4 star, as placement in the damn 4 day event is always such a crapshoot, even with the most optimal of plays and clears.
    You will  still get a Legion cover, right? If I'm not mistaken t200 get a cover, and the difference between t51-100 and t101-200 is minimal.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler

I resorted to Whales for my 4th/5th clears, wouldn't normally use the points but felt I needed to asa two day sub.  Still time to make it back?
  • Dogface
    Dogface said:
    Going 0 for 20 in Latest. 
    0 for 30  now. This is getting real annoying. Why don't they implement a guaranteed 1 in 7? These dry streaks are terrible. And especially now with Latest being such a decent bunch.
  • Mr_F
    Legiom rant.

1. He is one of the worst possible idea for character to pick to add. Especially after we consider who we still does not have.
    2. His image is awful for me. Its not poorly done - I just do not like it.
    3. His design is awful. Six powers to track, who are chanching every round. Cant even go with any strategy cause you have to track so many things to play him...
    4. Useless. Sure, he can do damage, heal himself up and whatever but ypu cant rely on him with constant moveset change.
    5. I am forced to use him now.
    6. And I will be for next few months. I will champ him and forget about him as soon as he hit level 270. More. I will more likely use 4* Elektra or Northstar than him!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    That Riri Williams, Mockingbird, green-feeding goon node.  Even AFTER I decided to whales it, it took 12 tries and 20 health packs :-/  Of those 12 tries, four were on boards starting with 1 or fewer purple tiles...
  • sambrookjm
    ZootSax said:
    That Riri Williams, Mockingbird, green-feeding goon node.  Even AFTER I decided to whales it, it took 12 tries and 20 health packs :-/  Of those 12 tries, four were on boards starting with 1 or fewer purple tiles...
    My JJ is a 4/4/4, and teamed with iHulk I barely got through that one.  iHulk "died" about four times before I finally got the win.  JJ was taken out by one of Riri's moves.

I found out that if Legion's "Create an attack tile" is surrounded by special or team-up tiles, it just disappears.  It doesn't move diagonally, only NSEW.