Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a fifth purple 3* Gambit from a token when there was only a day and a half left until the oldest purple expired. I was kind of worried I'd have to harvest it with only four covers, but now I can get the full 500 HP!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hit over 900 for an America cover and landed a Yondu cover and a bonus Medusa from season 10 pack AND pulled the LT from the America and Friends vault!
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After weeks of effort (witnessed by my lv 318 Medusa & 36 fruitless Family Legends pulls), finally got a Black Bolt black cover from a classic legends token to bring him to 5/5/3.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Thor reached 13 covers. My first fully grown 5*. But not gonna care for now.
    I pulled my 13th Thor cover this weekend also, pending a swap on it!! Though it will make him my 9th 5* champ when I get the iso in about 2 weeks. Working on Gambit now (will be #8), less than 200k needed for him!!
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Standard token which gave me a Dr doom and a bonus hero captain marvel, whose champ rewards respectively gave me my 2nd invisible woman cover and a legendary token which made gwenpool 1/1/1. 
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Slightly late, but I managed to champ my 46th 4* (Quake) 6 hours before 2017 ended. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Managed to get both Hobofist and Vulture to champion (8th and 9th 4* champs for me) over the holidays. I'm trying to decide who to focus on next to the degree it's possible to focus on anyone; i set my bonus hero to Nico (1/2/2) because i have a strong suspicion the new 4* meta is going to be 4ocket/Medusa/Nico in the next season or two. I had a pretty good run of 4* bonus heroes there for a bit, so maybe that will continue into the new year lol
  • Quebbster
    Options
    So I am a little antsy for Archangel's arrival in Latest Legends and and checking the token store to see if it updated like a kid at Christmas. I have Daredevil at 13 covers already and only enough ISO to level one fivestar. so I need to wait until he's out before I continue chasing Gambit and Thor covers.
    ...so when I try to check the odds for the umpteenth time just to see if they changed the odds without changing the art, I accidentally redeem a token instead. And I get the purple icon. ****, if it's another Daredevil cover I will be so mad at myself...
    ...it's a purple Gambit, bringing him to 3/4/5. Really dodged a bullet there! Will need to be more careful now though...
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The yellow Quake cover from the IM40 event means that, for the first time ever, I have at least one cover in each colour for every 4* character. I was starting to think her yellow was a myth.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    So I am a little antsy for Archangel's arrival in Latest Legends and and checking the token store to see if it updated like a kid at Christmas. I have Daredevil at 13 covers already and only enough ISO to level one fivestar. so I need to wait until he's out before I continue chasing Gambit and Thor covers.
    ...so when I try to check the odds for the umpteenth time just to see if they changed the odds without changing the art, I accidentally redeem a token instead. And I get the purple icon. tinykitty, if it's another Daredevil cover I will be so mad at myself...
    ...it's a purple Gambit, bringing him to 3/4/5. Really dodged a bullet there! Will need to be more careful now though...

Once the patch hit, I started opening, and managed to get my Gambit to level 451. PvP suddenly became a lot easier!

Got two Archangel covers too, so I know I won't be locked out of his fivestar Essentials. No Thors this time, but I can live with that.

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Two things:

1. To finish PVP on 5th position and to earn two covers for my Red Hulk.
    2. To pull the Chavez cover from the America & Friends vault bringing her to 4/2/3.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Managed to beat today's Crash with a severely under-covered Professor X (2/1/2) by going invisible early and trying my hardest to stay there lol. Took a few tries, and quite a while to whittle Elektr4 down by denying black/red. I've actually done this crash with a 1-cover professor X (0/1/0), but it's always fun to me to overcome that challenge. LT netted me a black Archangel (0/1/1), so that was pretty rad.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Managed to beat today's Crash with a severely under-covered Professor X (2/1/2) by going invisible early and trying my hardest to stay there lol. Took a few tries, and quite a while to whittle Elektr4 down by denying black/red. I've actually done this crash with a 1-cover professor X (0/1/0), but it's always fun to me to overcome that challenge. LT netted me a black Archangel (0/1/1), so that was pretty rad.
    My first ever crash win was against Carnage with a 0/1/0 Prof X way back when..... Congrats!!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thanks! I have to say, I think the most fun I have in this game is trying to bring an under-covered 4* into a crash, and being able to take it. It's the one place in the game right now where you really have to strategize and play the character, rather than mindlessly going for biggest match damage clears. Sometimes the boss fights can be that way too, but the most regular place for it is in the DDQ Crash for me. 

I'd love it if there were something like this for 5*s as well, even if it also just gave out an LT or some CP. The 5* Essential nodes are still mostly just places to bring out your best duo to carry the match.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 821 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat Elektra on my second try. Got a Lady Thor, who is already champed, but her champ level gave me another LT. I also got a bonus Blue Vulture, which after getting a bonus Black cover for him earlier this morning from getting my Season 10-pack takes him to 4/5/4...wait!!! That's 13 covers!!! Yes!!! Now I just need some more Iso to take him to the top. I'll buy HP and I would buy CP if you sold it, Demi, but I ain't buying Iso at the prices you're selling it for. No way!

I guess maybe it's time to work on getting more covers for my 2/5/2 Iceman? Going to suck having to sell all those Blue covers I know I'll get for him though :smile:
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got first ever (non-snipe) T10 in PvP during IM40.  
    Only wasted 75 HP on shield.
    I was in SCL9 so I got a 4* and CP.

Not sure I'm gonna try for it regularly but when the required character fits my strong teams it can work out well (and when my free time lines up with when the game wants me to play...)