Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    beat today's crash after a few tries with a 5/1/1 4Clops. Went in with red and team ups stacked, and basically raced to get my nuke out twice. I fired it off for about 4k damage, then again after collecting the requisite 10 team up for 9k, and then Hulkbuster used his black to kill himself. I had 20cp and that LT, and I got a black for Spider-Woman (2/14/2), and a red for Spider-Gwen (1/3/0).
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Customer service exchanged my extra black Gambit cover for a purple and the token I got from selling the black got me cover 13 for Phoenix!  My third 13 cover 5*. Might be making the transition soon. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Reached 900 points in pvp less than 12 hours in for the first time. Now I can peck at it for a couple days to farm desperately needed iso without caring much about being attacked.

The 3 tokens yeilded 2 3*s plus a bonus so feeling a bit of a hot hand I cracked a legendary and got a 5* Thor red!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boosted Carol, Grocket and Gamora/Starlord, all boosted. Such fun!
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Was going to try X vs Electra but found out it had swapped to 4clops vs HBIM. I put some ISO into him to max him out at 188 4/2/3. Won the match no boosts first time and used the LT to pick up 5Angel just in time for Strange Sights. I also went CL8 this time just for the extra 3Blade cover and so this has all worked out with 4R&G boosted as well. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rerostering Moonstone and suddenly having no 2* character covers waiting on the vine was pretty sweet. Right now I only have half a dozen Three-star covers there. Can't remember the last time I was without any twostar covers waiting to be rerostered... But I have some past level 140, so more twostar covers will start to accumulate soon.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got my 4000 points for the last PVP season and with my 10 pack the RNG gods blessed me with 5 4*s (all usable) and a BH which allowed me to champ Nick Fury...now if only they would throw a 5 Star my way sometime...
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jym010 said:
    Got my 4000 points for the last PVP season and with my 10 pack the RNG gods blessed me with 5 4*s (all usable) and a BH which allowed me to champ Nick Fury...now if only they would throw a 5 Star my way sometime...
    Thats wierd. I got four 4*s + one Bonus hero in my season 10 pack. Its almost like they compensate you for not getting a 4* in the last 3 season 10 packs.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I managed to get to 900pts in Black Vortex without using any shields. This is the second time I've ever gotten there; probably helps that of my 9 4* champs, almost half of the good ones are boosted. C4rol/4ocket/G4mora is pretty fun. So the 4ocket cover I got in there gave me an LT that gave me a yellow Yondu (3/5/3)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not a single moment, but on multiple occasions when I was finishing up Door 2, the Sentry Fighters were incredibly helpful in clearing out the Mindless One special tiles whenever they ended up in really hard to match spots. I love it when the enemies mess each other up.
  • VoltaicDuke
    VoltaicDuke Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Today was fun - I decided to sell my max champed three stars and had enough ISO to champ five star Gambit, finish champing Nico and re-start part of my 2 star farm.   I even have Chavez, Ant-Man and Thing at least to 209 for the Shield Training event.   
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Leaving the 5*s on the bench and hitting 1200 with 4*s in Black Vortex. Sure, Carol/Grocket/Gamora is a dream team that is particularly savage when Thanos or BP is the strongest, but lots of Gambits taken out, and I only wiped once or twice all event.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got 1st place in Black Vortex. This is the first time I got 1st placement in PvP in my 40 plus days of MPQ. On the flip side, I missed out on the three Elite tokens (2nd place). Flipping back again, I got Rogue cover and she's one of my top 4* wishlist.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I forgot to switch out my 1* team in DDQ and took 1* Spiderman,1* Storm and Yelena into the 1-2* wave node in DDQ.  It's easy to forget how enjoyable the 1* game can be when you haven't done any more than a single DDQ node per day in a very long time.  ...or maybe it's just the new & improved 1* SM which is that much fun.  Either way, a brief moment of fresh air amid the repetition :)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    I forgot to switch out my 1* team in DDQ and took 1* Spiderman,1* Storm and Yelena into the 1-2* wave node in DDQ.  It's easy to forget how enjoyable the 1* game can be when you haven't done any more than a single DDQ node per day in a very long time.  ...or maybe it's just the new & improved 1* SM which is that much fun.  Either way, a brief moment of fresh air amid the repetition :)
    They can be a lot of fun. I always try to get in on the Seed Teams in PvP so I can beat them with my 1*.1* Spidey and Storm are a fun team.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pulled a Nico purple cover which means I can finally champ her and not waste the yellow cover on my vine
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Managed to get 10th place in Strange Sights, and the reward covers got my Beast to level 257 and Deadpool to 320, both good for a Legendary Token. Then one of the tokens gave me a Gambit cover. Quite nice.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I guess i've turned whatever secret corner the game has for letting you get to 900 in pvp, since I was able to do it in Best Friends Forever today without shielding. The only thing I can figure is that I have a wider spread of 4* champions to do it quickly. got that Rogue cover (3/3/1)
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess i've turned whatever secret corner the game has for letting you get to 900 in pvp, since I was able to do it in Best Friends Forever today without shielding. The only thing I can figure is that I have a wider spread of 4* champions to do it quickly. got that Rogue cover (3/3/1)
    Don't read too much into it yet. 2v2 off-season event is going to be dramatically different from season events. Good luck in the coming season though!!!