Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A "moral" victory of sorts in the 5-star Strange required node featuring Medusa/Black Bolt/Lockjaw.  I was able to take out Black Bolt before having to DROP ALL THE WHALES to get through the node.  First time I've ever been able to take one of them out naturally.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A "moral" victory of sorts in the 5-star Strange required node featuring Medusa/Black Bolt/Lockjaw.  I was able to take out Black Bolt before having to DROP ALL THE WHALES to get through the node.  First time I've ever been able to take one of them out naturally.
    I ran champed Riri and Wasp in that node in SCL 8. The first three runs were mostly OK, but the fourth clear saw me reduced to just Wasp with a basically full health Lockjaw and (I think) about quarter health Black Bolt left. Through strategic use of her yellow, flipping between one strike and protect tile I had left and stunning with her black, I finished with something like 1000 health left. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    I ran champed Riri and Wasp in that node in SCL 8. The first three runs were mostly OK, but the fourth clear saw me reduced to just Wasp with a basically full health Lockjaw and (I think) about quarter health Black Bolt left. Through strategic use of her yellow, flipping between one strike and protect tile I had left and stunning with her black, I finished with something like 1000 health left. 

Kill Lockjaw first.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Kill Lockjaw first.
    Oh, good. I was starting to think I was alone in taking out the dog first. Thought I must be missing something.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    granne said:
    Bowgentle said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Kill Lockjaw first.
    Oh, good. I was starting to think I was alone in taking out the dog first. Thought I must be missing something.
    Huh. I think I normally go for him last. I usually go for Bolt or Medusa first. Seems like whenever the AI plays Medusa, it always without fail matches her CD, putting attack tiles on the board which then get matched to heal her team and I end up spinning my wheels. 

I know leaving Lockjaw out there runs the risk of his passive activating whenever a charge tile lands on your strongest color, but you're trading possible damage from his passive with guaranteed damage from Medusa's. She will have either a CD (or if it's matched) attack tiles just about every single turn. 

One thing is clear, this is no easy node, maybe the single hardest one in the game. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was feeling a little down on the game this morning, since my phone ran out of juice last night on my first clear of the last day of Hearts of Darkness, and for whatever reason that last sub seems way harder to get through than the previous. Figured I'd just coast through today and see where I end up. Popped in late to the Constant Kraven pvp, and sadly my no good boosted 4* situation persists into today. I've been pairing with Vulture/G4mora and hunting for big point nodes, which I'm finding, and got a champ level for Ares that got me a heroic that got me a bonus Strang3 that got him to 223, and made him my first 3* to give me a second 4*, bringing Kid Nova to 2/3/2. Small victories I guess. I have a few other farm-fed 3*s that are getting up into that level range, so I can feel the eventual snowball teetering.
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    pulled a gambit and bh gambit to get him to 12 covers. :) 
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Best moment from yesterday was the Behemoth Burrito node in DDQ. My Professor X is 5/3/3, but only Level 111.

I still had so many match-5s and cascades in colors that filled up my AP that between my matches and firing powers, the AI never even got to make a move. Flawless victory! 

Kinda wish I would have remembered to turn animations back on beforehand. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I got through that Royal Family node for the third time in SCL8 with a 3/0/0 5trange and champion Vulture/G4mora. Basically just had to keep vulture airborne and perma-stun with G4mora. It got it done, but it's a 3-healthpack solution for sure.

Poking around in Constant Kraven; landed a purple bagman (3/5/2). just 3 more covers to champion y'all!
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just barely survive in Beast's node.

Storm & Beast down, last round.
    got a flamer & meteor guy left...
    both have their c/d layed and an Attack Tile 400+ damage on the board...

I layed a team's Johnny's Inferno, 1k dmg each round

drain Iron's red to do as much damage to meteor guy. keep matching till Johnny's inferno kills him before the meteor ended. manage to match the flamer tile but another came out. match another colour a green drop on the right spot getting rid of the second.

Finally got rid of the Attack tile with Iron less than 1k life left.

Keep matching until he dies... 

Any suggestions for the Rider Awakens?
    I got mostly all 2* & 3*
    few 4*
    3x newbie 5*

Used to beat it before without problem, dunno why now i'm having a problem...
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vold said:
    I got mostly all 2* & 3*
    few 4*
    3x newbie 5*
    Hard to say for sure since I don't know who you have champed. Maybe 3* Thor, Falcon, and some other third 3* (e.g. Switch)? KK, 3* Cap, and IM40 are also a very strong team in 3* land. 
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    justsing said:
    Vold said:
    I got mostly all 2* & 3*
    few 4*
    3x newbie 5*
    Hard to say for sure since I don't know who you have champed. Maybe 3* Thor, Falcon, and some other third 3* (e.g. Switch)? KK, 3* Cap, and IM40 are also a very strong team in 3* land. 
    Checking...

Got all 3*** champed except
    [quote]Angel (All-New X-Men)
    Blade (Day Walker)
    Gambit (Modern)
    Loki (Dark Reign)
    Mystique (Raven Darkholme)
    Quick Silver (Pietro Maximoff)
    Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
    Sentry (Dark Avengers)
    Vision (Android Avenger)
    [/quote]

will try out
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vold said:
    justsing said:
    Vold said:
    I got mostly all 2* & 3*
    few 4*
    3x newbie 5*
    Checking...

Got all 3*** champed except
    [quote]Angel (All-New X-Men)
    Blade (Day Walker)
    Gambit (Modern)
    Loki (Dark Reign)
    Mystique (Raven Darkholme)
    Quick Silver (Pietro Maximoff)
    Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
    Sentry (Dark Avengers)
    Vision (Android Avenger)
    [/quote]

will try out
    3-star Thor, Dr Doom, and Hood worked OK for me.  Got through it with one death after a poorly timed cascade allowed Mystique to activate Shapeshift/Masterstroke as soon as she entered, kiling 3-star Thor.  Otherwise, Doom's Purple would have taken her out.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Playing in SCL8 I brought Vulture and Riri to face that infernal Bolt-Lockjaw-Medusa node.  Working on my 5th clear they nearly wiped me out-- Riri and Strange were down, as well as Bolt and Medusa on the other side...the only ones left standing were Vulture at 1400 health and Lockjaw at 30,000.  Fortunately I had enough black saved up that after a few rounds of circling prey and one fell swoop Vulture prevailed.  Reminded again why he's my favorite character in the game right now...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After a long drought of 5*s (up to 0/34), I finally pulled a 5* Thor to finish my 12 cover thor. Went and fooled around with him in pve, got t10 for Kraven. :) 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    My last store token from Hearts of Darkness landed me a Kingpin (2/2/4). Still not quite what I'd call usable, but maybe that's enough covers to get through his crash next time.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    My last store token from Hearts of Darkness landed me a Kingpin (2/2/4). Still not quite what I'd call usable, but maybe that's enough covers to get through his crash next time.
     Ugh. His crash last time was against Luke Cag3, and it really highlighted how bad his "buff" was. Not necessarily a hard Crash (for a champed KP), but definitely annoying and a slog. Undercovered Kingpin is an entirely different proposition; it basically goes from annoying slog to one of the hardest Crashes around. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got enough HP to pick up the red Thing Cover from HfH, and managed to pull the green that was in my Taco Vault, bumping him up about 40 levels, and giving me enough extra health and damage that I was finally able to beat his Crash.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
     Ugh. His crash last time was against Luke Cag3, and it really highlighted how bad his "buff" was. Not necessarily a hard Crash (for a champed KP), but definitely annoying and a slog. Undercovered Kingpin is an entirely different proposition; it basically goes from annoying slog to one of the hardest Crashes around. 
    I couldn't agree more, I have a champed KP in the 290s I think and it still took a while for me to win.  I HATE his "buff" at least before he could do some pretty decent damage to a single enemy with his finger poke of dumb. Now it's just very below average AOE
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I've really been struggling with the Thing crash, mine is at 2/2/3. Since his yellow is useless without an ally anyway, i have to rely on his two really expensive powers that don't really do any damage at the levels I have them. 10 red ap for a 1 turn stun and 1020 damage or 12 green ap for board shake and 1637 damage just isn't enough to get it done. Best I've been able to swing is getting torch down to 2k hit points before he kills me.