Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One of the Anniversary vault tokens for Let's Be Frank yielded a Fan Favorites token, which in turn became my first black Silver Surfer cover, bringing him to 1/1/1.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Noticed there was a Wasp blue cover in my DDQ vault, one of the colors I still needed to maxcover her. Started popping those taco tokens, and got it on my 100ish token. While not very RNG lucky, it wasn't really RNG unlucky either and I'm glad I'm finally able to champ her. The additional ISO and HP prizes were nice, too.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Decided to try climbing to 800 in Simulator last night and Rir/Medusa/Carol coasted there pretty easily in one sitting.  It was a tedious slog of 25-42 pt matches against the usual suspects of 4* champs until I got to ~500 pts, where my MMR opened up and I saw a ton of 54-68 pt matches against mostly 3* teams, with a few low-covered 5*'s thrown in for good measure.  While it makes no sense that kicking puppies rewards FAR more points than going against comparable rosters, it makes as much sense as anything else in MMR does.  I'm just glad to get my Dino cover and 10-pack before the people going for season placement arrive later this week to start my point total's inevitable decline...
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    One week ago i champed Medusa who has been a great addition to my 3-4* transition. Today i got myself the desired final cover for Rocket & Groot making them my 6th 4* champ! :)
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Pulled a purple Dino cover from the Anniversary vault. Provided I get to 900 in his PvP, that will make him 3/5/5. Not too bad, considering I ended Anniversary last year with a 0/2/2 Dino. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spent 25 CP on a Latest Legends, earned a Fan Favorites from the Crash, and got two additional LL from champion rewards last night. Got three 5* from those (two were Ock, but that's okay).
  • DarthDeVo
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Got T10 in HAT, bringing Carnage to 4/4/4, 4/5/4 with progression in Simulator. 

Then pulled a 4* Thor from a HT, which got her to 271 for an LT. Also came with a BH for Kate Bishop, although it brought her to 1/4/1. More equal cover distribution please, RNGesus.

Also pulled a black Clagger cover from my Anniversary vault which brought them to 280, good for another LT. Other than Dino, i think I'm down to four 4* covers, only one of which is unusable. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I champed Kingpin this week. Day before yesterday, I think. That's, uh, 12? 13? 4* champs now. I have Coulson & Invisible Woman ready to champ. So after Sue hit 270 I looked at the rest of my 4* roster, and realized, whoa, both C&D and XPool have 12 covers now, Gwenpool is also at 12, Gamora is 11, X-23 just hit 11.. my 4* roster is really coming along. When did that all happen?

Nice problem to have. Can we have more time with double ISO please? :)
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Climbing up the ranks of SL7 PVP when we get sniped by a player with Level 475 5-Star Panthos + B-Bolt (not SL8 or SL9 mind you!). So we tracked down the bully, took ole Deadpool for a ride, boosted a bunch of pink, nabbed a pink charged tile served up by his Mr. Bolt, and spent some points to make the whales rain.

Said player eventually sniped us again, but the moment was immensely gratifying. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Climbing up the ranks of SL7 PVP when we get sniped by a player with Level 475 5-Star Panthos + B-Bolt (not SL8 or SL9 mind you!). So we tracked down the bully, took ole Deadpool for a ride, boosted a bunch of pink, nabbed a pink charged tile served up by his Mr. Bolt, and spent some points to make the whales rain.

Said player eventually sniped us again, but the moment was immensely gratifying. 
    Your SCL doesn't matter. As long as the time slice you're in is the same, that same player would be able to see you if you were in SCL1 as long as you have the points to show up on his radar. And in the future, if a 5* player hits you, save retaliation for later. Wait for the last 8 hours when he's probably done climbing, then retaliate with Mega Whales for a likely 70 points. Just be willing to shield right away, or it'll just be wasted effort.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@zodiac339 is right, wait until near the end to retal and that match will, most of the time, be worth 70+ points. Another little tip, when someone with a roster less than mine hits me when I'm climbing not only do I retal immediately, I then seek that person out and hit them until they are not on my radar anymore. Be careful punching above your weight class.......

P.S. No I don't feel bad, you don't poke a bear with a stick, right??
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last night, after my run through of Plan G, I had a few anniversary tokens to spend.

First one: 4* Punisher Black. Was at 13 covers so thought I knew who to champ next, but...
    Second: Devil Dinosaur Red. Brings him to 5/6/2. Ugh. At least there are still 3 purple in the vault and next pvp has purple at 900.
    Third token: Devil Dinosaur Purple. So much for those concerns.

Only had the iso to champ one so went with DD since I'm more likely to get more of his covers this week. This is also an ideal time for double iso.

This morning I woke up and felt like cracking a few heroic tokens.
    1st) Dr.Doom +bonus Deadpool.
    2nd) Nova
    3rd) Quicksilver. Was planning to stop afer 3, but decided to go as long as golds kept coming.
    4th) Peggy + bonus C&D
    5th) Warmachine
    6th Daken 2*. Ok, time to stop for now.

I'd been having underwhelming luck on good pulls recently, but today certainly helped balance it out.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Today I championed Cloak & Dagger. I've got nine more days to champion X-23 so I don't waste a couple of covers for champion levels.

I pulled a green Devil Dino token from an anniversary token making him 5/3/4.

I found out today that the progression reward for PvE will make my Carnage a 5/4/4, he was my next target to champion.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just managed to slip into top 20 of HAT, then got Iceman from the Anniversary token for Plan G!

Looking at the Anniversary vault, without purchasing any extra tokens, I've managed to get 3/7 of the non-Dino 4*s!
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    Got 1230 in Danger Room. That makes 2 events in row and 3 times overall I've hit 1200. For the record, I still don't coordinate with anyone. I hit the targets the game presents to me, except alliance mates.

A little more fun, I didn't start Danger Room until there was only 12 hours left in S1, managed to hit 1230 with about 6.5 hours left.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Pulled another of the non-Dino 4* covers from my Anniversary vault (Flaptain blue) and another Fan Favorite token. That yielded an Iceman purple, taking him to 271 and adding an LT to the hoard. Also pulled a Mockingbird yellow from an HT, making her 5/4/3.

I think that's two days in a row pulling a 4* from an HT. I guess I can look forward to drawing only 2* and 3* characters for the next few weeks while RNGesus balances things out. :lol:
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spider-Man and Gambit were the only two 5-stars I didn't have rostered, so I had Spider-Man set as my 5-star BH. With 200 CP burning a hole in my pocket, G4mora and R4G boosted for The Simulator, and Spider-Man being the required 5-star, I decided to pull some classic legendaries. I got some covers I could use, and some I couldn't (par for the course, I'm used to selling 4-stars now), but one of the 4-stars that I could use was a purple Mordo, which enabled me to champion him. I also pulled a Green Goblin, which is alright, I guess. I also got a Doc Strange yellow (his third yellow for me), and then the bonus hero popped up. I got a Spider-Man cover just in time to hit the 5-star node in The Simulator, which bumped me from 13th to 10th place in SCL 7.
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    Champed Parker just in time for Simulator. A 560 5* made my CL9 clear fairly easy, fastest clear I've ever done. Now if I can just find a way to stay optimal for the whole event.........