Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Got my 13th Star-Lord cover from a BH and I have most of the ISO needed to champ him. He'll be my third champed 4*.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got two bonus hero pulls from standard tokens today, enabling me to max and champion Hawkguy.

Once again, all 3* are championed.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Got my 14th Wasp cover for my lv120 5/4/4 Wasp from the Heroic token in Strange Sights progression.

The good news: I was hoarding my CP (currently at 354) with the aim of trying to get another Wasp cover before she leaves tokens after this season. With this cover, plus the guaranteed two from Prodigal Son, my CP remains untouched!

The bad news: why do I have only 420k Iso...
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    With not much use for Hero Points these days for me, I decided to do a 40 pack on the Strange Sights vault.  Got the LT, a Rulk, and most importantly, I finally got a Green Carol cover to put her at 3/5/1.  Leveled her up to 192 and beat her Crash on the 2nd try.  Then, today, I got 6 Strange Sight tokens as alliance awards, and pulled the 4* Hawkeye Black cover to get her to 5/3/4.  4/4 on the 4* and LT in the vault?  I'll take it.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    The last 4 days, I got a 13th cover for Blade, Luke Cage, and Gwenpool. After so many duplicate covers for Blade, it's nice to finally be able to champ him, and while he's powered up too! 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carol has been eluding me for days now in the vault, but my luck turned around this evening. 

First, I had a legendary token drop a Medusa (2/2/0 now), and out popped a bonus yellow Carol (my only bonus 4*), hooray!

Then, I opened two Strange Sights tokens (bringing the total vault pull up to 27/80). What the... out fell a GREEN Carol. 

Finally, I opened two tacos, bringing my taco vault up to 283/300. That 283rd taco yielded a yellow Carol. In the space of about five minutes I went from a 1/2/3 Carol to a 1/4/4 Carol. To continue the streak, I should be able to reach the progression award in Strange Sights tomorrow for the black Carol, bringing her to 2/4/4. I guess all of the caroling I did at Christmas is finally paying off.  :D
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,169 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forgot to change my 2* team to something else for DDQ Enchilada yesterday and WON  B)
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,389 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    Forgot to change my 2* team to something else for DDQ Enchilada yesterday and WON  B)
    Haha, nice. I have forgotten to switch out the 1* team when playing the 2* nodes at times. While it's definitely a bigger struggle, I haven't lost yet though.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    For the first time ever, my CP stash is now over 1000. It's nice to look at. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,150 Chairperson of the Boards
    Early edition - Doing exactly 324 damage with in the one-star DDQ event with Iron Man's yellow ability. No wasted health at all. It's the little things that get you sometimes. :) Late edition - Fighting Sentry and two Maggia Goons with my 4-star Luke Cage at 5/5/3. Sentry casts Sacrifice, and creates a strike tile. Luke Cage, who is in front, instantly removes it and creates a protect tile. For added giggles, my Dr Strange then takes out Sentry with his Flaming Faltine.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Early edition - Doing exactly 324 damage with in the one-star DDQ event with Iron Man's yellow ability. No wasted health at all. It's the little things that get you sometimes. :) Late edition - Fighting Sentry and two Maggia Goons with my 4-star Luke Cage at 5/5/3. Sentry casts Sacrifice, and creates a strike tile. Luke Cage, who is in front, instantly removes it and creates a protect tile. For added giggles, my Dr Strange then takes out Sentry with his Flaming Faltine.
    There is something satisfying about dealing exactly the right amount of damage to down an opponent. On the other end of the spectrum, I have enjoyed dishing out massively oversized damage to some chump with a few HP left after being annoyed to no end by their powers. I will admit to Righteously Upercutting a 7 HP fool Thor tonight after eating two thunder strikes and two call the storms in a match due to an outrageous series of cascades. I still lost the battle, but I went out with a bang. Oh! And Thumbs up on your avatar - if that's not my favorite game of all time, it's in my top three. 
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Style55 said:
    Went to use my placement token for Unstable Iso. Honestly wasn't expecting to get another except a 2* and managed to get Rulk who is now at 10/13 - 3/3/5. 
    *adds up 3+3+5...* 

Hmm... 

;)

Congrats on the Rulk cover though - getting very close with him now!  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Eked out a T5 finish in Strange Sights to take my Wasp to 5/4/4. I already had five yellow, so I champed her and immediately got the LT.

Then I was playing her, Strang3 and Bl4de in one of the goon nodes. I think I had about five of Bl4de's strikes out and 10 yellow AP. I flipped the strikes to shields and back again. Then one of the goons dropped a CD and Flames of the Faltine hit for almost 9000 points. 

*Cue "IT'S OVER 9000!" memes*
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    I had some nice 4*s in my Strange Sights vault. I didn't pull any of them from my 24 tokens that won in the event. I had about 5 k in HP and decided to blow some on a ten pack from the vault. I got all three 4* covers! One Captain Marvel to make her 3,2,3. My first Jean Grey champ level for a legendary and an X-Force Wolverine chap level. I also got champ level 227 for 3* Daken for another legendary. This made my day. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled both 4* covers from the Strange Sights vault in my final 3 tokens. Carol yellow (first) and Cage black (fifth).

So my 4Cage and 3Strange make a great anti-goon squad now. Every CD that spawns gives me a protect tile and makes said goon eat damage.

Carol is still no use to me because she has no black, alas. I've not been engaged nearly enough to hit 4* progressions in PVE lately, and I don't even try for them in PVP.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Reached rank 74, which gave me enough ISO to make Medusa my fifth 4* champ, and start my pile for Wasp, who will be getting her 13th and 14th covers from progression in the next week.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    dramatist said:
    I had some nice 4*s in my Strange Sights vault. I didn't pull any of them from my 24 tokens that won in the event. I had about 5 k in HP and decided to blow some on a ten pack from the vault. I got all three 4* covers! One Captain Marvel to make her 3,2,3. My first Jean Grey champ level for a legendary and an X-Force Wolverine chap level. I also got champ level 227 for 3* Daken for another legendary. This made my day. 
    Hmmmm... I didn't pull any of my 4*s in 27 pulls, and I could really use the C4rol yellow that's in there to champ her. Your story gives me hope, but I'm still reluctant to drop HP on that 10 pack. Congrats on your pulls though, that's awesome! 
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Yesterday I pulled a very lucky Mordo purple I badly needed, he was 5/5/2 with 4 other covers for him about 1 day away from expiring. That made my day, and made me decide to get the 4* Captain Marvel (black cover, she was 4/3/5) in my DDQ vault. I say get because I had 295 Taco's saved up and made it a matter of how much tapping my phone screen was required. Turned out not so much tapping when I got it, but not before getting the other 4* cover, 1000 HP and 10k + 5k Iso among others. And this was with 82 Taco's pulled... Aw yiss, awesome!

This will probably lead to me buying the Nova red for 2500 HP in the Heroes for Hire store, he's 1/4/5 and I can spare the HP at the moment. Good times  :)
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    I opened a heroic 10 pack. I pulled 2 *** and 2 **** and also a *** Hero Bonus.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I pulled a fantastic win in Shield last night.  I was using 5* Thanos, HB, and OML vs. Carol, and 2 others I cannot recall right now.

Somehow, the match goes really bad for me, and my HB and OML goes down pretty fast.  I think of quitting, but I continue for some reason.  I manage to protect my Come And Get Me, it fires off for 11k each, KOing 2 of my opponents, triggering Court Death twice.  But they still had one up after that barrage (I think the entire team was over 20k each).  Even getting the stunned turn wasn't enough to KO the opponent.  I make a match, then their turn, make a match.  I'm down to 928 HP from my 22k level 375 Thanos.  I get a minor cascade and win the match.

I was behind over 30k (2 had less than 11k, and one was over 19k still), and managed to come back.  Won the 70+ points in shield.  I wish I recorded that match, because it was the most unbelievable one I ever had.