Oscorp Heroic Mode

Options

Comments

• So fkn annoying. These are like impossible to do drunk. 10-15 minutes into a match. Plenty of green and pink got BWGS to blast whatever to bits but you don't see that 1 f'ing countdown tile in the corner = death to your whole f'ing team. OMG fix this stupid ****.
  • coming up on 12 hours and my first mission is starting to reset (just jumped from 1 to 4 points). I'll check again at the 12hr mark, in about 15 minutes.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I keep checking my missions hoping they get fixed in the last 5 minutes since I checked last. I have zero desire to grind against level 230's due to messed up patching of this broken event. It would be different if everyone faced the same thing, but everyone is not.

Grinding 230 point missions, while knowing some dude with a level 35 Ironman and level 20ish 1* characters is breezing through level 20 teams is demotivating to say the least.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Skyedyne wrote:
    So I'm kinda not understanding why more players are not going against these missions, especially some who actually have the tools at their disposal already. It's not hard, and you can get through each battle without taking any damage at all, even without spidey.
    Let's see, out of 6 characters they left me with I can only actually play c. Storm, Wolverine** and Spidey. The others are the Baglady, the Bagguy (m. Hawkeye) and GSBW who I DON'T have a green cover for, so, useless. They also give Darevedil sometimes, who is kinda useless as well against Daken and even more against the goons. What a bad choice when they try to make a character shine.
    I miss c. Hawkeye, he would actually be of greater help than any available 3*** or 4**** when dealing with counters. I wonder if he is available in this event? Sold mine eons ago after finishing prologue (with much grief since he was effing effective and could even help me heal on City levels. A well placed crit and bam, 55 City points. Back then with 1* heroes it really helped, and Venom missions did too, of course).
  • holy ****... all lv230 haha
    Took me about 10 minutes to finish a match with Ares and daken so damn pain... but when i got enough blue tile i am owning the board >.<
    Without boost is not an easy match up... require lots of focus so that we dun carelessly end up letting them match green = Ares Might Struck = gg icon_cry.gif
    but still i can denied all their color using captain america and it seen DD blue work perfectly as i bait them to match 4 tile blue which stun them for 5 round (spidey down at that moment icon_razz.gif) but it seen DD has the highest base damage for now... really need get more DD cover to lv him up to prepare for the next coming match
  • Daredevil is actually kind of fun. With Spider-Man and BWGS I can't lose matches against DA + Hammer goons. Blue is a Blue AP battery, red deals a bit of damage. Load up green to use sniper rifle, occasionally use red pistol for tiles.

Use purple to take out green tiles and generate sniper rifle. Repeat over and over.
  • lumea wrote:
    First I had ridiculous enemies aswell, then the game force updated itself. ALL enemies were in 10-50 range, even the hardest ones. Quickly, I grinded 'em as much as I could, reached about 3200 points, then had some stuff to do. ~ 6 later, almost every battle scaled the tinykitty up and the points didnt reset. Wat.

wow?? how can that be? its very struggling in my bracket to beat 1000 rating. with the enemies parting at 230 all.
    the first mission with 10 rating , enemies were lv16, and then jumped to 60 2nd battle and 150 third battle, then all of them now 230

Fµck if I know. I thought they were going for a new scaling system. Like its super easy on day 1, harder on day 2, hardest on the last day. Nope. Another guy had the same enemies as me, so we are 1# and 2# while others are way below us. It is confusing and absolutely unfair.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    ARE YOU **** SERIOUS RIGHT NOW

I used Containment Breach, and it chose a tile that Daredevil had trapped.

I DISARMED MY OWN TRAP. HOW IS THIS INTENTIONAL

by the way i have seven red traps (well, six now) on the board and it looks really pretty
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Skyedyne wrote:
    Not saying that what some people have done is probable, but been playing with my level 66 and below team, I have been able to currently place 5th with 1160 points. And that's all off of 160 - 230 level minion battles. It does make you think on how to best use your characters, so the challenge is doing its job. Point in fact, these minion battles are much easier than anything the TaT event had in it (those 3 muscles fights were not even worth trying after first completion! ).

So I'm kinda not understanding why more players are not going against these missions, especially some who actually have the tools at their disposal already. It's not hard, and you can get through each battle without taking any damage at all, even without spidey.

On a different note entirely: it seems that grinding down to 1 point increases the dynamic missions levels on a large scale, so I would recommend not grinding out a mission fully if you want to keep things manageable.

What's your secret in getting rid of the countdown tiles when the board is bad with no proper tiles to match? I keep getting that sort of **** board with no tiles to pull off any decent combo.
  • I see the devs have been tirelessly working through the night to fix the issue and keeping us constantly updated with current progress.

Or was it more like.

Dev 1 - Its clocking off time
    Dev 2 - Shouldnt we fix this first?
    Dev 1 and 2 in unison- NAH ITS SUPERBOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLl. BEER BEER BEER BEER

Fade to grey
  • Kelbris wrote:
    ARE YOU tinykitty SERIOUS RIGHT NOW

I used Containment Breach, and it chose a tile that Daredevil had trapped.

I DISARMED MY OWN TRAP. HOW IS THIS INTENTIONAL

by the way i have seven red traps (well, six now) on the board and it looks really pretty

I've had it overwrite strike tiles too so nothing new.

And I have a full reset at the 12 hour mark based on last completion of the individual mission.
  • Ugh lag.

My Spider-Man didn't cast his stun and then got devoured. That's annoying.
  • Has Sniper Rifle always not destroyed countdown tiles?!
  • jozier wrote:
    Has Sniper Rifle always not destroyed countdown tiles?!

It destroys them. If you're asking whether or not cds can be targeted I'm not sure. But I've never had it matter since they get taken out just for being in the reticle.
  • I tried destroying Grenadier countdown tiles with my sniper rifle and they survived...

Also ugh the three DA mission just messed me up. Hate this ****.
  • Just read all the posts and am regretting to check what lvl my goons will be! Maybe ill just grind the shield versus or something...or play another game that seems to be what the devs are suggesting to the more dedicated players: you played our game enough, time to suck some more newbs in *rubs hands together*.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    Has there been any reply at all as to weather this broken event will be fixed or not?
    Has there been any feedback at all?

I honestly feel like it's no fun.
    Last event was broken and now this one is as well.
    And in addition they add missions that require the reward of the last broken event? Riiiiiight.

They could have added one or two smaller pvp thingies to atleast get some more dd covers out there.
    Like it is this event is thick as thieves2, they even bar it on the same leaderboard, since u just won't get a dd if you don't already have a dd v.v

... I'll just go and start a renegade shep in me, that's less frustrating and actually fun lol
  • The irony of 'heroic' mode being dominated by people who just started a few weeks ago is kind of funny.
  • Finally completed my Spiderman's blue after The Best There Is and the Avenger 230 fights are pretty easy, just time consuming. Basically Daken can never be freed when a green match is around, or you die horribly. If I had better luck on blue, the fight would go a lot faster, but I didn't so it's a pretty slow fight. It'd really help if Sniper Rifle had its level 5 effect/cost at level 1 but just did less damage. It really sucks when you're sitting on a ton of green but can't use it with GWBS because it does less damage using Feral Claws twice (and you risk blowing away your own web tiles and strike tiles) until you hit level 5.

You need GWBS to deal with the henchman. Deceptive Tactics can always get rid of Rocket/Flamethrower unless you've a truly bizarre board, and 90% of the time you can dig out any other color by putting a match 4 green around it. You really only have to do this for Silent Strike, as even at level 200 you can afford to take a Supressing Fire/Assault Rifle. I mean, if you can destroy it, go for it, but it's okay to take a 2K hit or two against the goons.

Again all these battles would've been fine on pace if GSBS didn't need 5 levels in Sniper Rifle to make the skill viable. I generate more than enough green to use Sniper Rifle at 19g 3 times, but I don't have level 5 Sniper Rifle so green is almost a dead color.

Ironically the '2 stacks until 1' would've worked pretty well for this tournament I think, in the sense doing the 200+ stuff with this impotent offense is something nobody should have to do more than twice.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    The irony of 'heroic' mode being dominated by people who just started a few weeks ago is kind of funny.

Yep. Channelling my inner Real Genius: Would you qualify that as a launch problem or a design problem?