Oscorp Heroic Mode

Options

Comments

• Oh my god, are they going to fix this?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like it is somehow fixed, i think in a day all the missions will decrease slowly
  • It's all been 230 for me all day long.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    ... has anyone tried asking for compensation for not being able to participate in messed up events? Im tempted to try it.
    It would actually really help my mood o.o
  • Atren wrote:
    They should just cancel the event and give everyone their score in ISO for trouble with backwards exponential scale. Meaning even lower scores get at least couple hundred and perhaps at 5k score you would get about 10k ISO. That should be good, but not too much compensation.

I just cant bother grinding with current set so it invalidates rest of event should they fix it even on Monday and I kinda suspect I am not in substantial minority. Not that I can grind much anyways with these heroes.

It's an extremely joyless combination. No green builders for grey suit....spidey is never "fun to use" just mandatory at times if you don't have a good enough team combination available....Dd is going to be lvl 20 for most or less and has no active moves...storm uses green and blue, the colors of spidey gsbw and wolvie meaning she is mostly not going to be used...wolvie is okay but noticeably weaker than before....Hawkeye unboosted (lol)....double baggedlady (see: still can't do anything until the way the green works changes or characters with good countdown tiles are made)...and somebody else who is of so little consequence I don't even remember.

As a team, there are contradictions everywhere. Spidey/storm are stun and destroyers and don't work together while also not working with Dd. Lots of green required characters but no batteries. Half of them are non-active ability users (basically means support imo). I don't know what they were thinking.

What they SHOULD have done is just set the enemy levels to level 20 across the board for everyone before going out of the office. Of course I don't know hiw they did the code or if it was on purpose so it may be a big bug type of issue which isn't a "jump into the code for 15 min" situation.
  • Svatlas wrote:
    Ive have paid a lot of money for this game, but one is true!!! "with this new system they want more!" DD is a joke in this event and i dont know how people can be no. 1 in my bracket with a lvl 50 IM35 and 34 MS 18 Lvl DD. This guy did 480 points in 5min....

I begin to hate D3P really...The most of the changes were Ok, but this system is no FB. D3P push the cheaters more and more pls and take my money for nothing... I want fun and no work. Sry my english is not the best.

Not cheating, the event is broken so sometimes it gives ppl super low lvls and sometimes not. My first 30 matches or so everything was lvl 10-30. Then it shot up ay some mildly arbitrary point. I'm at 4500 or so and the next is at 3600 or somethung. Nobody has really moved so I assume they all hit the lvl spike as well (also..12 hr resets). This isn't cheating based....though some still might be.

Wow 12h reset from 230 lvl. Thats the perfect FB. ive to wait 5 day or more icon_e_biggrin.gif It is not F2P, it is W2P wait to play. Or Pay more to play!
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pulis wrote:
    It's all been 230 for me all day long.

Try doing some missions, even if you die. In a hour, you may see enemy levels drop.
    Spidey stun blue, wolwie green & red, gsbw purple is key for winning
  • whorst wrote:
    Wake up
    check the heroic event
    still not fixed
    exit game

Enemies are still unfairly high, top guy in my bracket has 3k+ points already, with a roster that's probably a week old, while I still have 200 and can marginally progress only.

Same here...

Dumbest and unfunniest event ever.
  • turul wrote:
    pulis wrote:
    It's all been 230 for me all day long.

Try doing some missions, even if you die. In a hour, you may see enemy levels drop.
    Spidey stun blue, wolwie green & red, gsbw purple is key for winning

Believe me, I've done missions all day, reset all my cellphones and tablets. Uninstalled the game and reinstalled. This game isn't close to being fixed. I know the key to winning but It helps if the opponent doesn't one shot all my characters in one go. If only boosts didn't cost real dollars, I would not be complaining.

Oh well, at least now I've learned my lesson with free to play games. If a game is free, it's a bad game.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The reward system seems to be the only thing that is done right here. if this went smoothly you would be able to gradually get all of the progression rewards over the course of a few days, then get a red cover because there is a nice wide gap of placements giving them out. none of this 50-100 players all cannibalizing each other for a specific 1,4,10, spots on the leader board. this system, (if it was working right) would ensure more people get 1-3 DD covers. I wish the pvp were like this.

for some of the lucky few, this was how it was with the last pve tourney. But we will never know now because even at the lower levels, this tournament is a flop. and maxed out end-gamers banging on about not being able to lock up spots 1-15. Its so amusing. Reading all you faux-sincere posts as if you're the only ones not having a good time.
  • Jamil wrote:
    whorst wrote:
    Wake up
    check the heroic event
    still not fixed
    exit game

Enemies are still unfairly high, top guy in my bracket has 3k+ points already, with a roster that's probably a week old, while I still have 200 and can marginally progress only.

Same here...

Dumbest and unfunniest event ever.

I have 80 pts. Good **** god.
  • whorst wrote:
    Wake up
    check the heroic event
    still not fixed
    exit game

The rewards still look broken, why is there still only red daredevil? Is this intended?

Yeah, it's intended. The other colors are available as progression rewards.

I don't think it's worth thinking that the balancing is going to be fixed overnight - and I'd kind of be surprised if they sacrifice their weekend to fix it, too.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I want to play the event any more. I don't terribly want DareDevil in my go-to list of heroes as his abilities don't impress me much (seems like you need tile lockdown from Bagman Spiderman or Invisible Woman to make him reliable). I'll take covers if they're on offer, but not too bummed if I miss out. I've already scored the two recruit tokens (and got Modern Hawkeyes, a hero I'm not building lol). I certainly don't have the time to grind out the XForce Wolverine unless the math significantly changes. The ISO and HP rewards look great, but, eh. The Thor event is dumb, turns into statues with power levels over 9000 bashing on each other unless you can stunlock the opponent.

Just looks like it's time to take a break from MPQ for a week and then come back and see what's happening with it. It seems to be in very much a state of flux right now.
  • I only have 100+ level enemies and my highest level is 50 * 1 star uys out of the pool.

Problem is that out of playble heroers only 5-blue spiderman and OBW have any use. Rest might not even exist and it wouldnt matter. Heroes in the pool just dont have enough board control to deal with those spy/pyros two/one shotting your team. So your only option if you are significantly behind in levels is spideys broken stunlock. If you dont have that you have to brute force dps the enemies and that just comes down to wheter or not early countdown tiles get placed in hard spots. Cause you just havenothing to take them out.

SOoo the event is playable to abou 10% of population, who either have the right two heroes or get really low levle enemies in the lottery. Bring *Hawkeye into the event and maybe its somewhat doable to most players
  • I exited the game on Steam, exited Steam, came back.. no joy. Still getting 112 minions that kill me in one tile. It wouldn't be so bad if I had characters that could counteract them, but I have a Spidey with next to no covers, Modern Hawkeye and then DD (As part of the mission).

Logged out last night in disgust, logged back in this morning and saw the enemies were 40-something! Was a lot happier, battled through the mission... then the next two available are 112+ and 230. What. The. Hell?
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2014
    Options
    starsrift wrote:
    whorst wrote:
    Wake up
    check the heroic event
    still not fixed
    exit game

The rewards still look broken, why is there still only red daredevil? Is this intended?

Yeah, it's intended. The other colors are available as progression rewards.

I don't think it's worth thinking that the balancing is going to be fixed overnight - and I'd kind of be surprised if they sacrifice their weekend to fix it, too.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I want to play the event any more. I don't terribly want DareDevil in my go-to list of heroes as his abilities don't impress me much (seems like you need tile lockdown from Bagman Spiderman or Invisible Woman to make him reliable). I'll take covers if they're on offer, but not too bummed if I miss out. I've already scored the two recruit tokens (and got Modern Hawkeyes, a hero I'm not building lol). I certainly don't have the time to grind out the XForce Wolverine unless the math significantly changes. The ISO and HP rewards look great, but, eh. The Thor event is dumb, turns into statues with power levels over 9000 bashing on each other unless you can stunlock the opponent.

Just looks like it's time to take a break from MPQ for a week and then come back and see what's happening with it. It seems to be in very much a state of flux right now.

Shame. i actually like DD, Despite the uncanny way the Ai seems to always know where his traps are. they need to address that.

despite starting on an appropriately low level, I hit maybe 331 before the difficulty spiked 15 levels past my highest available character. From there its been a lot of getting 2 shotted all over the place. A 1 cover Spidey and a 2 cover Grey widow are useless at that point. Ice commented that this was some grand scheme to get us to "try leveling different characters" I didn't level most of these characters for a reason and im hesitant to pump io into hawkeye just for this event when i need so much to get wolverine and my other decently mediocre 2 stars up to a usable level 50+.

If they were going to let us use so few characters they should have given them a mild boost.

IceIX wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Derethus wrote:
    Hey IceIX, why is the roster for this event so limited? You guys managed to lock out a significant portion of your population from playing this at all.
    It was the same way for previous Heroic events. I'm assuming it was to increase the challenge and encourage players to try new characters.
    Precisely it, and as stated it's how all our Heroics run. Heroics are designed to be more difficult than the standard versions through some harder fights and a limited character roster. We completely get that it can lock out some newer players or those that haven't developed their rosters. That's an unfortunate side effect. However, the upside to that is that every time we run a Heroic we see players heavily investing into roster breadth afterwards so that they can be effective in other events. At that point, those players tend to play more effectively in all events (PVP or PVE) past that.

edit:
    Forgot to add that this nonsense right here is why i have a varied roster of mid level ineffective lvl30 1*s, 2*s and 2 level 40 2*s. all of which get clogged up by a stupidly simple team of level 40-50 2*x2 + level 50 Iron Man 35. I just avoid most to all 30+ 3*s

For any new players lurking: max your one stars until you get all the covers you need on your 2 stars and level them from there. don't do what i did and spread yourself thin. with no more damaging thor/wolvie you'll be stuck in kitten-scratch-level dps hell.
  • All my good heroes are locked for the event still get insanly high opponents. Am I supposed do bore the 230th to death with my lvl 6 Hawkeye + one cover DD? See you in a week or probably not.
  • rabican wrote:
    I only have 100+ level enemies and my highest level is 50 * 1 star uys out of the pool.

Problem is that out of playble heroers only 5-blue spiderman and OBW have any use. Rest might not even exist and it wouldnt matter. Heroes in the pool just dont have enough board control to deal with those spy/pyros two/one shotting your team. So your only option if you are significantly behind in levels is spideys broken stunlock. If you dont have that you have to brute force dps the enemies and that just comes down to wheter or not early countdown tiles get placed in hard spots. Cause you just havenothing to take them out.

SOoo the event is playable to abou 10% of population, who either have the right two heroes or get really low levle enemies in the lottery. Bring *Hawkeye into the event and maybe its somewhat doable to most players

To think that spidey is going to be nerfed so bad so that really the only way to win is to cheat your way to victory.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if there are any stats for people who only recently started to cheat due to this funbalancing and rubberbanding.
  • despite starting on an appropriately low level, I hit maybe 331 before the difficulty spiked 15 levels past my highest available character. From there its been a lot of getting 2 shotted all over the place. A 1 cover Spidey and a 2 cover Grey widow are useless at that point. Ice commented that this was some grand scheme to get us to "try leveling different characters" I didn't level most of these characters for a reason and im hesitant to pump io into hawkeye just for this event when i need so much to get wolverine and my other decently mediocre 2 stars up to a usable level 50+.

If they were going to let us use so few characters they should have given them a mild boost.
    IceIX wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Derethus wrote:
    Hey IceIX, why is the roster for this event so limited? You guys managed to lock out a significant portion of your population from playing this at all.
    It was the same way for previous Heroic events. I'm assuming it was to increase the challenge and encourage players to try new characters.
    Precisely it, and as stated it's how all our Heroics run. Heroics are designed to be more difficult than the standard versions through some harder fights and a limited character roster. We completely get that it can lock out some newer players or those that haven't developed their rosters. That's an unfortunate side effect. However, the upside to that is that every time we run a Heroic we see players heavily investing into roster breadth afterwards so that they can be effective in other events. At that point, those players tend to play more effectively in all events (PVP or PVE) past that.

I actually have a decently broad 2-star roster. I don't have Cap or Hawk, and my Dark Avengers are left drifting at about level ~20, but I have the other 2-stars all around L60.
    Kind of explains why I'm currently 3rd in my bracket for this event, I guess, even if I'm saying 'nuts' to it.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    pulis wrote:
    To think that spidey is going to be nerfed so bad so that really the only way to win is to cheat your way to victory.
    In his current state, Spidey practically IS a cheat.