Patch Notes - R75 (05/04/15)

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Following the update, everyone on my roster who wasn't already at their soft cap was suddenly only 1 iso away from their next level-up! Not that I'm complaining, but it was unexpected. Is this related to the change in level-up costs?
    It was to adjust the old value and new value, because on some ocasions the new cost is much lower so it could create scenarios like with Devil Dino where it shows negative iso value to level up.

Yeah, it happened to my lvl 90 dino. Only took like 10k iso (maybe less?) to take him to 130.

Definitely appreciate the fact that D3 kept its promise in lowering iso cost to level 3 and 4*. It will greatly contribute to a wider use of characters by the player base.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Malcrof wrote:
    Put 3* spidey with Kamala, every time he stuns, she heals, he also heals and her yellow is passive. Toss iron fist up front, and you have a perfect defensive team that stuns and heals and tosses out tiles until your opponent gives up.

Not a perfect D. I would bring a xf/doom/cmag team against that KK/spidey combo, focus on matching blues and purs, and prepare to turn all blue to bk and set up a knockout punch with surgical. Defense can only take you so far, my friend. icon_twisted.gif
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R75 Patch Notes:

UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
    - A game board slider showing enemy AP values is now displayed when enemies gain or lose AP.
    I'd like to say thank you for this. I just played a couple of matches to test the mechanic and it's great! It's quick, doesn't get in the way, and doesn't disrupt gameplay. It's about 1,000,000 times better than that "banner display" debacle a few updates ago.
    I completely disagree with this. I hate the new game board slider. It disappears so fast and it's not clear what colors we're affected or by how much. I now have to slide over to the right if I want to see what changed. The old system was much better.
  • I've got ants in my pants. Can't... wait... a few more hours, despite waiting for weeks...
  • Hey guys,

I just noticed that MPQ doesn't show up in my list of apps that need to be updated in Play Store. However, if I go under Installed, and go into MPQ, there is an update button. I'm updating! icon_e_surprised.gif
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    We're aiming to please with our next character...
    You're going to fail.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    You're going to fail.

Debbie Downer much?

I'm on android and got the update by uninstalling/reinstalling, which I always have to do because of storage space. Hearing of others experiencing problems though.
  • Well, technically, if they can please one person, even one of themselves, they are in the clear.
  • stevenbrule
    stevenbrule Posts: 62 Match Maker
    AznLyte wrote:
    Hey guys,

I just noticed that MPQ doesn't show up in my list of apps that need to be updated in Play Store. However, if I go under Installed, and go into MPQ, there is an update button. I'm updating! icon_e_surprised.gif
    Same here. I live in Canada, in case this is a regional thing.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - A game board slider showing enemy AP values is now displayed when enemies gain or lose AP.
    What? No. The slider showing a quarter of a second is not enough. If are finally going to address the fact that we need to see AP to play correctly, leave the slider on. Or give me an option to make it stay on. I realize it hides away a little bit of the art of the guy third from the front, but I'd like to see both ap bars at all times, please.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    The slider needs to be adjusted so that it indicates how much of which color was gained (or reduced). It should also stay visible a little bit longer.
  • AznLyte wrote:
    Hey guys,

Same here. I live in Canada, in case this is a regional thing.
    Thanks for the tip, I couldn't find the update....should we blame D3 for this too? I'm totally kidding.

Also thank the people in this thread for pointing out the 1 EXP level up trick - I now will get like 35 free levels over as many characters icon_e_smile.gif)))))))))))))))))))
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Hmm.. Did the update, and now I can't get into the game. Good ol' check Internet connection error.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R75 Patch Notes:

It's Jubileee! It's Jubilee, right...? Guys?
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]R75 Patch Notes:

It's Jubileee! It's Jubilee, right...? Guys?
    He said please, not piss off
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Woohoo! Thanks guys!

Maybe its because the update's been hanging in the breeze so long, but it seems like Christmas. I've been chomping at the bit to pour all this iso into my characters. And we get to see the ap totals without having to scroll left and right all the time? Sounds great! Can't wait to log in when I have a few mins.

Edit:
    Ok, I've had a chance to check out the updates. Love the new leveling! It was nice to finally show some love to all the characters that have been waiting paitently for the chance to grow.

I'm not a fan of the new ap slider though. It is too fast and nothing like what I was hoping for. In fact, it is worse than the code you already had in place. Please guys, look into changing the layout so we can see ap totals for both teams without sliding back and forth. Otherwise, great job. Thanks!
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Fully agree that the slider is way too fast, and is more of an annoyance than anything else.

Love the leveling, though I was kinda hoping it would apply to 2* so I didn't feel like I was wasting ISO bumping up Bullseye and Moonstone (think they can be fun when boosted). Also, please, please change "raise level" to actually raise a level. I don't know who would just give a character half a level. Even my wife saw me using it and said "oh my god." Even worse that you have to hold it in to gain a level...and then take your finger off and click it again. You can't even keep it pressed to raise multiple levels at a time!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The slider is completely useless to me. But please, don't complain (rightfully so) that it's too fast, otherwise they'll make it stay on-screen so long, it'll be as bad as that goon banner they tried to implement.

I liked the old notification that just showed AP gained and lost. That's far easier to track than having the totals flash for a moment. And when using Blade and/or Loki, the old banner made it very easy to see what I was gaining. Now it's pretty much impossible.

I totally get what you guys were trying to do, but seriously, it's NOT helping. It's worse now.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the update. Slider is a non issue for me, i can just scroll over to look at their AP.. more of an annoyance when after a move you passives with animations and now the slider, making the matches a touch longer, but not a big deal to me.

The iso update though.. wow, i am very pleased with this. This makes up for alot!

As a transitioning player, i messed up by not leveling evenly (3Thor at 153, Doom at 142, nothing else over 102) so my scaling was horribly off, and no other characters i can bring up with them.. had over 250k iso stashed

Now i have 15+ characters at lvl 102, and my first 4* at 94 (elektra). I get to play around with more characters to really test them out, and possibly buy a cover or 2 to get myself a real roster going, and still 63k iso left after doing probably 600 or so levels this morning!

Thank you for the iso reduction, thank you a million times over. This just made my day, so many more combo's i can test now, so much more diversity in my roster for a 3rd char. Going to actually use the SHIELD simulator to test things, i am pumped!

Now i need some advice lol, will put that in another thread though.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the ISO reduction, I am now rocking a Beast over level 100! Let's see what this guy can do with his new lower cost blue. He's 5/5/0, not sure why his Yellow is so difficult to get.