Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's so bad that Marvel may remove him from Avengers 2
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He's so bad, he might secretly be a DC character.

I kid.

Or do I?
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    He's so bad, he might secretly be a DC character.

I kid.

Or do I?

*slow clap*
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just trying the fully covered version in the PVE, I'm finding that I have yet to be able to get 5 locked tiles to activate his Blue. They just get matched away long before I get anywhere close to 5.

For the time being, I'm holding on to him because a) he's needed for the required nodes and b) I'm guessing that he will synergize well with Scarlet Witch once she's released, so I want to see what that will be like. But right now he's pretty underwhelming.

I have done it twice so far and granted it does a good amount of damage, but they ai was already hurting before I got to the required matches. I don't think you will get them in a regular pvp match as you just won't get enough blue for that match.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    grunth13 wrote:
    Just trying the fully covered version in the PVE, I'm finding that I have yet to be able to get 5 locked tiles to activate his Blue. They just get matched away long before I get anywhere close to 5.

For the time being, I'm holding on to him because a) he's needed for the required nodes and b) I'm guessing that he will synergize well with Scarlet Witch once she's released, so I want to see what that will be like. But right now he's pretty underwhelming.

I have done it twice so far and granted it does a good amount of damage, but they ai was already hurting before I got to the required matches. I don't think you will get them in a regular pvp match as you just won't get enough blue for that match.

I've had it happen a few times now, both in the loaner and the essentials (I've ground all of them down to nothing). In the loaner, he does a lot of damage to an enemy team that's less than half his level. I think the non-buffed version against equal foes will look less impressive. His black is fun. If all they did to change him was make his blue like Doom's purple (hidden traps instead of locked tiles), and let his black work on specials and countdowns, he would suddenly become a PvE all star.

Anyway, he's so bad even he's bored.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In his PVP he will be the worst defensive sharacter ever. Since he players quicksilver will always go first in the passive just let the AI match blue and the player take any other color. The AI will match blue for the 5th cover and kill themselves. I shall give you a quote from a great movie meet the robinsons
    "I have a big head and little arms. I don't think you though this through master. Master?"
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    QuickSilver is a combo of bagman and psylocke in my view. Since I have QS w/ all 3 abilities unlocked, I have been using him in the two essential goon nodes and my team is bagman/obw/qs.

QS is usable ONLY for goon nodes, in my view. His damage output is low, and sometimes difficult to pull off. In playing QS, your focus is matching blue tiles in order to lock TU tiles and then explode them for aoe dmg. OBW and IW are good partners for QS in this regard.

His bk ability allows you to choose a normal tile and switch places w/ another normal tile, and cause a small amount of dmg in the process. This is actually useful to 3-match CD tiles in order to get rid of them. However, I think this black ability would be even more useful if the tiers (more covers) allow you to select non-basic tiles, i.e. tier 2 select attack tiles, tier 3 include protect tiles, etc.

The green ability is the wild card. When triggered it places a critical tile randomly on the board. As is, the ability does too little dmg. If upper tier allows the creation of more critical tiles, then QS could team up with Bullseye for a critical tile generation team. Right now, this ability is just an outlet for your accumulated green APs.

Quick Silver currently is a very situational character, like a Doc Ock or Falcon. With slight adjustments in his green and black abilities, he would be much more useful and appealing to players.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay, I had to try one. How bad is Quicksilver?
    Quicksilver is so bad that Kevin Bacon is suing Columbia pictures to change the title of his 1986 movie to this:
    pRLRqwG.png
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's so bad that even Yelena won't go on a date with him, because her mother taught her to always date up.
  • Sash wrote:
    ...I'm curious to see how he would be in synergy with IW in practice.
    At the moment he pops her locked tiles, but she doesn't touch his.

His Supersonic blueflag.png passive says: more than 4 locked tiles = damage activation - it works with Sue's bubbles as they are, in effect, locked tiles.

Sue's greenflag.png Force field Crush says: shatters tiles surrounding 2 bubbles, and does not count Quicksilvers locked tiles as - they are not bubbles.

This may change after the upcoming D-Day of 17/4 though.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't even discount Quicksilver yet. Nothing haunts me more in MPQ than the one random 3/5/5 GSBW in PvP that just ran my face in from multiple pistol cascades.
  • His blue is unreliable except versus himself or in super long goon nodes. Green and Black are highly contested colors, and Quicksilver's abilities just are too random and conditional. You basically need at least 3 locked tiles for Green or Black to be worth it, and even then he hits like a 2*.

I fear in the aftermath with IF, Demiurge listened to the naysayers amongst us TOO much. We already were arguing whether his IFoKL was overpowered but they decided to release him like that anyways, nerfing him after the fact. Now they seem to overnerf out of an abundance of caution.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His blue is only as good as the opposing teams use of blue. If they don't have a character that is strong in blue, odds are it wont be prioritized unless its a match 4 or higher.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's so bad Hulk has a full bowel movement before he has a chance to use a power.
  • daibar wrote:
    His blue is unreliable except versus himself or in super long goon nodes. Green and Black are highly contested colors, and Quicksilver's abilities just are too random and conditional. You basically need at least 3 locked tiles for Green or Black to be worth it, and even then he hits like a 2*.

I fear in the aftermath with IF, Demiurge listened to the naysayers amongst us TOO much. We already were arguing whether his IFoKL was overpowered but they decided to release him like that anyways, nerfing him after the fact. Now they seem to overnerf out of an abundance of caution.
    Actually, Iron Fist was released as Unknown and we KNEW he was overpowered the moment they released his abilities. So this meant they had a week to adjust his powers. It didn't happen until after he was released, but still, that was a much faster response than we've ever seen.

sentry was overnerfed, spidey was overnerfed, 2*/3* mag were overnerfed, x-force looks slightly reasonable(but still is a heavy, heavy nerf), Iron Fist was barely nerfed, 4*Thor was heavily nerfed(for no reason, really), Ragnarok was turned from LOL into ****

If it comes down to it, I'd much rather have a sucky-bagsilver than a God Tier character. It's the lesser of 2 evils.
  • I'm beginning to think his blue can do a million damage and it would hardly make a difference in how he's played unless you've a blue tile creator.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    could barely keep 3 locked tiles let alone 5 (ノಠдಠ)ノ︵┻━┻

and with his black/green powers getting pimp-slapped before he even came into play, his only use is in those essentials, yet he's so bad I wish I could "Switcheroo" him with Bagman ヽ༼ ☯‿☯༼ ಠ益ಠ༽◕ل͜◕༽つ
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm beginning to think his blue can do a million damage and it would hardly make a difference in how he's played unless you've a blue tile creator.

Are you trying to buff Ragnarok here? icon_lol.gif
  • In Soviet Russa, Quicksliver Nerf YOU!
  • cletus1985 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm beginning to think his blue can do a million damage and it would hardly make a difference in how he's played unless you've a blue tile creator.

Are you trying to buff Ragnarok here? icon_lol.gif

I was thinking of just bringing Magneto (MN) if they increased his blue damage to 1 million.