*** Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) ***

Options

Comments

• TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm amazed by what I have read. It seems I'm in the tiny minority that likes QS and thinks that he is good. Personally, I think ppl are significantly undervaluing the ability to swap tiles, but I am having second thoughts after seeing how many people do not think he is any good.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm amazed by what I have read. It seems I'm in the tiny minority that likes QS and thinks that he is good. Personally, I think ppl are significantly undervaluing the ability to swap tiles, but I am having second thoughts after seeing how many people do not think he is any good.
    I don't know, I think he might get a second pass pretty soon in terms of damage. He's not exactly very "quick" when it comes to his abilities. I would have liked his Blue Passive to require 3 tiles instead of 4 in all honesty unless there's going to be more methods to flood the field with blue tiles soon. -_- We all know how they will nerf a character right before a new character release.

Edit: Now that I think about it, they have to be really careful in allowing blue to flood the field just because of OBW being around. It would trivialize goon nodes even further.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    Options
    I don't know, I think he might get a second pass pretty soon in terms of damage. He's not exactly very "quick" when it comes to his abilities. I would have liked his Blue Passive to require 3 tiles instead of 4 in all honesty unless there's going to be more methods to flood the field with blue tiles soon. -_- We all know how they will nerf a character right before a new character release.

Edit: Now that I think about it, they have to be really careful in allowing blue to flood the field just because of OBW being around. It would trivialize goon nodes even further.

I was thinking more in terms of abilities like DD Red or PX blue. As well as against characters like PX purple,
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Have you tried him yet in the PvE essentials? He's even worse than I thought. The blue passive is garbage. He would've been so much better if black and green just had cheap, static costs, and blue was anything else. Without a blue battery, you'll hardly ever get to 4 locked tiles, and they're just as much of a hindrance to you as they are to your opponent.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Have you tried him yet in the PvP essentials? He's even worse than I thought. The blue passive is garbage. He would've been so much better if black and green just had cheap, static costs, and blue was anything else. Without a blue battery, you'll hardly ever get to 4 locked tiles, and they're just as much of a hindrance to you as they are to your opponent.

I tried him in the loaner node with the 454 build at level 200+.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tried him in the loaner node with the 454 build at level 200+.
    I honestly forgot he was there, because he never came into play.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was thinking more in terms of abilities like DD Red or PX blue. As well as against characters like PX purple,

That just clicked for me after I was grinding the essential nodes with my maxed DD. Though it would have been better if black could also swap special tiles at some point as well. His black is practically an extra turn but limited somewhat. Definitely gained quite a few more cascades in the last hour then I expected but not a character I'd take into PvP.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The fact of the matter is he was ready to go and then they went. "oh ****!!! Infinite-turn and scrambled to nerf him pre-release so it was, ummm, scrap the double swap and double crit and add to the cost that will fix it for now" icon_rolleyes.gif

There are a few ways to bring him back.

Black...Drop the cost increase the damage, this skill will not ever be 7 unless you are fighting goons

Blue....Have it be 3 matches not 4
    Blue....Do not have all the tiles explode, only have one, but it only does single target dmg

Green.....Lower cost

Agreed double swap and double crit were too much but he just sucks.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    The fact of the matter is he was ready to go and then they went. "oh tinykitty!!! Infinite-turn and scrambled to nerf him pre-release so it was, ummm, scrap the double swap and double crit and add to the cost that will fix it for now" icon_rolleyes.gif

There are a few ways to bring him back.

Black...Drop the cost increase the damage, this skill will not ever be 7 unless you are fighting goons

Blue....Have it be 3 matches not 4
    Blue....Do not have all the tiles explode, only have one, but it only does single target dmg

Green.....Lower cost

Agreed double swap and double crit were too much but he just sucks.

The blue also needs another upgrade. Jesus does it take a long time to process for a dude with "Quick" in his name.
  • I like his black as well and think it's his most clutch move. I used to like Switcheroo on Bagman, but at 13AP and no other good abilities, he wasn't worth the roster slot. At 9 or 10, Switcheroo's ok. It can get you a crit if you wait for the right board positioning, otherwise at least 6 AP. Whenever you can make the double crit it's amazing, but those opportunities are far between. Black's decent if you also have a board transformer. I'm really hoping to eventually screenshot a match 9 with his ability (eg a giant plus). Honestly, I like the challenge of calculating the drops with multiple locked tiles, but it's super annoying to come across an awesome move that you can't do because of a tile lock. Still 5/3/5 for me.

Judging by the comments, he's an anti-IW, anti Spiderman, may be decent against DA Venom in overscaled nodes.

Otherwise, they really chose the right picture for him because every time I'm forced to play with him I'm yawning as well.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    anyone else see this person as the biggest joke. Matching BLUE hurts you more then the AI since you can not move the stones yourself meaning your locking the board on yourself.

I could never see using this person ever agan
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    My take on reworking Quicksilver guys....
      Idle Hands - 9 blacktile.png AP
      Quicksilver just can't help using his speed to make the enemy look stupid. Swaps the position of 2 selected basic tiles.(minimum 7 AP).
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Also deals 55 damage. Level 3: Deals 110 damage. Level 4: Deals 248 damage. Level 5: Deals 523 damage. Destroys 2 random AP from the enemy team.
      Max Level
        Level 3 - Deals 348 damage. Level 4 - Deals 783 damage. Level 5 - Deals 1653 damage. Destroys 2 random AP from the enemy team.

Supersonic - 6 bluetile.png
      Quicksilver shows his true speed and takes control of the battlefield. Quicksilver places a Countdown tile that decreases Black and Green abilities by 1 AP and only Quicksilver can move.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Creates a 2 turn Countdown Level 3: Decreases Black and Green abilities by 2 AP Level 4: AP increases to 7 Blue. Creates a 3 turn Countdown. Level 5: Destroys 1 Red, Purple and Yellow AP from each team.

Fists of Fury - 9 greentile.png AP
      Quicksilver grabs his enemy and pummels them with a furious blur of punches. Creates 1 random Critical tile. Costs 1 AP less for every Locked tile on the board (minimum 6 AP).
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Deals 71 damage. Level 3: Deals 137 damage. Level 4: Deals 289 damage. Level 5: Deals 579 damage. Creates 2 Critical Tiles.
      Max Level
        Level 3 - Deals 435 damage. Level 4 - Deals 921 damage. Level 5 - Deals 1843 damage. Creates 2 Critical Tiles.
    • I figured it out, they let Sega design Quicksilver which completely ruined him like they did sonic
    • ghostride23
      ghostride23 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
      Options
      This guy shouldnt be a ***. Never had the pleasure of playing with bagman. Yeah his lock tile has hurt more than helped and while black has at a brief time been useful, it would been better if he could switch any tile including countdown tiles. Having to have him in essentials, I'd rather have the passive blue ability to be to just run from battle than help me.
    • CpyAaMR.jpg
    • Phaserhawk
      Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Honestly.

His black was broken as it was, but if they would have done everything they did but left the AP case it would have been fine.

His green was also broken but do everything as is and keep the original AP cost.

The double nerf of the skil and AP was too much, so I would put the AP cost back. To change his blue requires some serious changes overall, where they are both left at 9 would have made this guy a new wave Psylocke and cool, but as is, ugh.

Seriously D3 and Demurige keep everything the same just drop the AP costs both to 9 like they were and allow the very low chance of 4 tiles to make these 5 in AP cost.
    • We need to add an entry to the MPQ Murphy's Law list: a randomly placed locked tile will always be someplace that prevents you from making the really awesome move you want to make.

Seriously, this guy can't stop screwing up. Even when he's on your team and his powers are working he's annoying. What a fail.
    • Thugpatrol wrote:
      We need to add an entry to the MPQ Murphy's Law list: a randomly placed locked tile will always be someplace that prevents you from making the really awesome move you want to make.

Seriously, this guy can't stop screwing up. Even when he's on your team and his powers are working he's annoying. What a fail.

maybe they're invoking X-men evolution quicksilver?
    • WORST CHARACTER EVER!
    • TheVulture
      TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      It's weird how he can look so bad in theory, yet still prove so much worse in practice... icon_e_sad.gif
      Frequent slow animations + dual revelations that amassing and keeping 5 locked tiles is indeed hard & that randomly locking tiles is so very annoying.

I don't expect that any buff will be incoming comparable to the rapid-response nerfs a few characters have gotten immediately after release, but really the only reason to hold on to Quicksilver at all is the hope he'll be rebalanced somewhere down the line.
      Ah well; I suppose every tier needs it's duff characters to make the rest look good, but it's a shame it had to be a comic book character I like. icon_neutral.gif

Roll on the next addition - the only way is up!