*** Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) ***

Options

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So using him with IW is kind of a mixed bag. IW locked tile works for his Blue power and the cost reduction on his Green and Black. Quicksilver locked tiles however do NOT work with IW Green. IW Green only works with Force Bubble locked tiles. Quicksilver Blue will clear all types of locked tiles on the board when you match a blue at 4 locked tiles.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seeing new IW I see why they had to change his black, but increasing costs was a bad idea, just removing the double swap and the double crit would have been enough, because had it stayed you could have done a perputal C.Mags lock down as you just kept swapping black to match 6 black to do the skill again, but now at best it's a 7 cost swap one tile for dmg, it's a better Moonstone that's it.

The only way to fix this guy if black and green are stuck is to not have it destroy the tiles. But essentially what you do is run with IW, get blue, lock tiles, use green swap blue, do damage go for blue again, however......

What if you bubble locked Quicksilver's locked TU tiles? If you made a blue match, would only IW's bubbles blow up still leaving Quicksilvers?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Seeing new IW I see why they had to change his black, but increasing costs was a bad idea, just removing the double swap and the double crit would have been enough, because had it stayed you could have done a perputal C.Mags lock down as you just kept swapping black to match 6 black to do the skill again, but now at best it's a 7 cost swap one tile for dmg, it's a better Moonstone that's it.

The only way to fix this guy if black and green are stuck is to not have it destroy the tiles. But essentially what you do is run with IW, get blue, lock tiles, use green swap blue, do damage go for blue again, however......

What if you bubble locked Quicksilver's locked TU tiles? If you made a blue match, would only IW's bubbles blow up still leaving Quicksilvers?
    I'll check and see if that's possible. Give me a bit.\

Edit: Didn't notice it my first pass around but you can't lock locked tiles.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So using him with IW is kind of a mixed bag. IW locked tile works for his Blue power and the cost reduction on his Green and Black. Quicksilver locked tiles however do NOT work with IW Green. IW Green only works with Force Bubble locked tiles. Quicksilver Blue will clear all types of locked tiles on the board when you match a blue at 4 locked tiles.

Just when you think he can't be worse icon_e_sad.gif I tried IW + Quicksilver + Ragnarok and it's just ...very sad. It could be that his level is low, but I don't really enjoy playing with this character.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    himatako wrote:

Just when you think he can't be worse icon_e_sad.gif I tried IW + Quicksilver + Ragnarok and it's just ...very sad. It could be that his level is low, but I don't really enjoy playing with this character.
    I'm not particularly seeing where he currently fits given his play style. What I do think is that we're gonna see another character release to compliment him. Kinda like how Luke Cage and Iron Fist came out very close together and works really well as a set.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    himatako wrote:

I'm not particularly seeing where he currently fits given his play style. What I do think is that we're gonna see another character release to compliment him. Kinda like how Luke Cage and Iron Fist came out very close together and works really well as a set.

Unless Scarlet Witch has a passive that also creates locked tiles I'm thinking no. The tall and the short is as he was it was anothe perma-turn character as you could have left the locked tiles and just matched black forever. They should have just left the AP costs the same and gotten rid of the double crit, double swap, or.....you could have done 1 selected swap and one random swap (just like moonstone). So you could select 2 tiles but only switch 1, this would have stopped the perma-turn.

The only way he becomes playable now is if he does Iron Fist Purple Damage for his black.

Since Beast and Dock Ock are moving out of Beast Tier, we have a new one.

Quicksuck tier.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    I'm gonna go back to the drawing board and do some theory crafting. My initial idea was admittedly pairing him with IW but the fact the locked tiles are different to some degree kinda killed that. I figured he'd be more of a support type character and now I'm starting to see what I might have to do. I don't think he's that bad but he might be the type of character that will only be good in PvE.
  • dathremar wrote:
    Wow I didn't realized Quicksilver was this average. I thought his skills will improve with covers but it seems they just marginally increase the base damage. First slice just ended and I'm starting to feel like I've grinded to Top 10 for no good reason.

We all told u Quicksilver was bad. People had the same resposnes we we told them Star-Lord would be bad and they grinded top 10 for nothing
    himatako wrote:

He doesn't fit because he requires locked tiles and there aren't many of those to go around. He's a fish out of water.

They nerfed him too hard(like with Sentry) and now he's official Bagsilver
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm gonna go back to the drawing board and do some theory crafting. My initial idea was admittedly pairing him with IW but the fact the locked tiles are different to some degree kinda killed that. I figured he'd be more of a support type character and now I'm starting to see what I might have to do. I don't think he's that bad but he might be the type of character that will only be good in PvE.

Pre-nerf maybe but post nerf he is a weaker version of Bagman and 1* Hawkeye. Let that sink in.

Bag-Man: 13 AP (18 AP) to swap ANY two / four tiles.
    Quicksilver: 7-11 AP to swap 2 basic tiles (+ **** damage).

Hawkeye: 8 AP to place a critical tile on any basic or protect tile.
    Quicksilver: 6-10 AP to place a random critical tile (+ **** damage).

His blue is also not very good. Its hard to measure but I don't foresee it proccing very many times per match and is vulnerable to board shakes (and probably extremely vulnerable to Magneto and to a lesser extent Storm + Groot. Not sure if Cyclops helps or hurts him).

He is a mash up of two of the worst characters in the game and his skills are worse.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe it's because I recently started watching Black Sails, but I've started calling him Long John.
    Long John Silver? A Pirate in Treasure Island? With only one leg? Too obvious?
  • dkffiv wrote:

Pre-nerf maybe but post nerf he is a weaker version of Bagman and 1* Hawkeye. Let that sink in.

Bag-Man: 13 AP (18 AP) to swap ANY two / four tiles.
    Quicksilver: 7-11 AP to swap 2 basic tiles (+ **** damage).

Hawkeye: 8 AP to place a critical tile on any basic or protect tile.
    Quicksilver: 6-10 AP to place a random critical tile (+ **** damage).

His blue is also not very good. Its hard to measure but I don't foresee it proccing very many times per match and is vulnerable to board shakes (and probably extremely vulnerable to Magneto and to a lesser extent Storm + Groot. Not sure if Cyclops helps or hurts him).

He is a mash up of two of the worst characters in the game and his skills are worse.

can't help but laugh at the way you put it - he was truly meant to be bagsilver
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mirror matches during his feature PVP will either be the only time we confuse Quicksilver for being 'fast' or an exercise in frustration. Probably both.

With both Qs locking a team-up tile on each blue match, black will drop from 11->9->7 -> boom goes the blue passive. That will either be somewhat interesting or super-irritating as you wind up taking damage in 2k chunks.

After his event ends he can take his place on the bench next to Beast.
  • Unless you already have a 166 QS there's no way he deals 2k, thats like his top damage
    now imagine the same for 500 damage and thats more like it, Beast is better on any day but so is Bagman probably lol
  • Agent Alex wrote:
    Unless you already have a 166 QS there's no way he deals 2k, thats like his top damage
    now imagine the same for 500 damage and thats more like it, Beast is better on any day but so is Bagman probably lol
    To be fair, that damage is times 3 due to being AoE. But yeah, still ****.
  • Look from bright side, that's another two **** TUs you will possibly face instead something more dangerous!
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Mirror matches during his feature PVP will either be the only time we confuse Quicksilver for being 'fast' or an exercise in frustration. Probably both.

With both Qs locking a team-up tile on each blue match, black will drop from 11->9->7 -> boom goes the blue passive. That will either be somewhat interesting or super-irritating as you wind up taking damage in 2k chunks.

After his event ends he can take his place on the bench next to Beast.

Except Beast becomes very playable after 4/17 where as QS will still suck. No, unfortunately Mr. Quicksilver is going to be on a very lonely bench with Doc Ock and Beast leaving it. Not saying either of those are moving to top tier, but Beast is now a quicker but less hitpointed Rocket and Groot and Doc Ock is a solid niche PvE character.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    more like snailsilver

5 blue matches takes forever, and you probably need more since locked tiles get destroyed fairly often.
    i guess there's potential to be op in combos with other characters if the number of matches required was lower but this is lame.
  • I dont know about that, I dont really think Beast and She Hulk got so amazing updates after all, but we will see
    just look at Elektra, she got like a 5% buff and no changes, they really suck at reworks and if they somehow nailed it, they will correct it with a nerf later lol
  • For a fast guy, his blue animation sure is slow. Have not yet been able to get his blue ability to go off, the AI keeps matching the team-up tiles, or they cleared in cascades. Considering it's his own locked tile style, it makes him even more useless outside of a survival node.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I was curious about IW-QS team...
    I must confess I'm very disappointed : I was hoping for a synergy between the 2 characters, instead it seems that QS is rather an 'anti-IW' weapon! icon_e_sad.gif