*** Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) ***

Options

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    If you're only using her to top off or even worse, deal with match damage, you might as well run Luke Cage who can do all that by just standing there. Her heal is powerful enough so that you can get through a situation like say the enemy got an early Onslaught for 4K and then later got a Sunder for 7K. Currently when this happens anyone that isn't Thor 4* is going to be downed because no regenerating character can take a Sunder and everyone else can't take just those two hits put together even without any incidental match damage. Yes whoever took that Sunder is going to need a health pack after the fight but you can worry about that stuff after you win since having Sunder down a guy can cause you to lose the fight outright. I don't like to play defensively but the above scenario is very common and likely more common with the boost nerf. It's just not that hard when your enemies are level 300+ that they get two moves off and currently this just means someone goes down, but now you have a chance to be able to survive their second move. I still favor the 'best defense is a good offense' but I know there are plenty of times where this doesn't work so I'm at least going to think about mixing up my team.

I don't see the value in purple because Iron Fist easily holds the best purple ability in the game whether KK's purple is at 3 or 5, while KK's green at level 5 can be situationally better than X Force (it'll do more damage/AP, without the utility/cascade). For the heroic setup, her green is likely the best green in the game because X Force has never been available in heroics, and in this case it's much harder to decide the yellow/purple mix as you can no longer be as sure to have Iron Fist on your side and her purple is indeed quite good when compared to anyone that isn't Iron Fist.

So if I gave you 5 colors in each color right now, how would you build her?
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

So if I gave you 5 colors in each color right now, how would you build her?

I'm going to do 5/3/5 as long as Iron Fist is available because Iron Fist's purple absolutely dominates Kamala's (or anyone else's) purple and I can't imagine a case where you'd pick Kamala over Iron Fist overall, and that 5/3/5 is actually pretty good for a team with both Iron Fist + Kamala (Kamala's heals drags fights out or at least takes the heat off Iron Fist from being targeted first and Iron Fist excels in long fights).

If Iron Fist is unavailable then I'll lean toward 3/5/5 but I think all the suggestions on the thread are quite viable. Since I have Iron Fist, I don't have to worry about that, unless we're talking about a heroic situation.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm leaning 5/3/5. The biggest factor for me is that the main use of her purple is causing immediate matches/cascades. The most important tile is the first one that you can place. After that, the rest of the green that pops up is less likely to be in a position to make additional matches. How many times are there multiple spots to make green matches that use the same color? Using her recently, I've only seen a max of two, and you make one of these for sure with the guaranteed tile. The rest of the green does make more matches possible on your move, but the 3 extra green on the board seem far less worth it to me than doubling her heal.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    How many times are there multiple spots to make green matches that use the same color?
    I think looking at the technopathic strike stats would help answer that question.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I can't imagine a case where you'd pick Kamala over Iron Fist overall
    The cases would be when the black power you'd be feeding isn't nearly as good as the green power KK would be feeding; or in matchups where SS is going to steal a color that is useless to you.
  • I think she still falls under my rule: "to be usable, a character must have at least 8500 health, an amazing passive, or an ability called "a little off the top." My first instinct is 535 and if not that, 553 relegated to support status because I feel like at 355 she's not any more useful than GSBW
  • simonsez wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I can't imagine a case where you'd pick Kamala over Iron Fist overall
    The cases would be when the black power you'd be feeding isn't nearly as good as the green power KK would be feeding; or in matchups where SS is going to steal a color that is useless to you.

Then you just use Iron Fist's purple for damage.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got my 5th green during the third sub grind down and holy ****. At 249 5 green does like 5.1k damage. Mines 4/4/5 but I definitely want 3/5/5 as soon as I get another purple.

On the Jugg / Ares / (Moonstone?) node I was match damaging Ares. With enough AP built up I targeted Jugg and got off an Embiggened, Strechied (yellow?) a color that wouldn't cascade but had a lot on the board (generated a single match 3 I think), Surgicaled green off the board (which also massively cascaded), Embiggened again. Jugg was dead and Ares and Moonstone were both under 3k (and I think I had enough green left over for an Xforce). Incredibly large amount of damage in a pretty short amount of time.

Granted that I have 4 covers but yellow seems to heal more than enough. If you get off a Surgical you basically get another move for free so you're already healing for (1800 with her buffed and 4 covers. Would be like 1500 with 3 covers I think). Removing colors was very useful, I did it on red + yellow against Jugg/Ares to deny them and focused on the good colors for myself. Comboing it with Surgical is really really useful. Unlike Mutant Revolutionary and Technopathic you have the option to pick a different color so repeat casts don't really punish you that much. Definitely one of the more fun characters to come out recently.
  • I feel kind of stupid just realizing this, but KK can create match 5s for Xavier(and hawkeye, but hawkeye's dead).

Any thoughts?
  • raisinbman wrote:
    I feel kind of stupid just realizing this, but KK can create match 5s for Xavier(and hawkeye, but hawkeye's dead).

Any thoughts?
    If you aren't already building your KK/DD/Prof X "spam two abilities on every turn" team what are you even doing
  • gamar wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    I feel kind of stupid just realizing this, but KK can create match 5s for Xavier(and hawkeye, but hawkeye's dead).

Any thoughts?
    If you aren't already building your KK/DD/Prof X "spam two abilities on every turn" team what are you even doing

That sounds krutacking hilarious. What AP would prof x give u?
  • raisinbman wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Any thoughts?

Khan tanks yellow and black but you don't have actives in those colors
    Dino tanks red and green
    Prof X tanks blue, purple, and teamup if placed above Dino

But everyone has a purple you want to be using D:
  • gamar wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Any thoughts?

Khan tanks yellow and black but you don't have actives in those colors
    Dino tanks red and green
    Prof X tanks blue, purple, and teamup if placed above Dino

But everyone has a purple you want to be using D:

what ap does master plan from professor give tho
  • dkffiv
    Options
    Kamala can't reliably make match 5s, not good synergy
  • raisinbman wrote:

what ap does master plan from professor give tho
    Oh, uh, blue (boo) or green (hooray)
  • dkffiv wrote:

Her ability literally makes match 5s. Are you saying infinitely? Of course she can't do it infinitely.
  • dkffiv
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

Her ability literally makes match 5s. Are you saying infinitely? Of course she can't do it infinitely.

Have you tried her? There are very few situations where a single placed green can generate 5 matches. Even with all of a single color changing you usually wouldn't generate a 5. She makes tons of 3 and 4 matches but 5s are fairly rare.

Boosted to 290 she does ridiculous damage. Green is 6k damage. Purple into green completely smoked a hood magneto kamala team, was hilarious.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

Have you tried her? There are very few situations where a single placed green can generate 5 matches. Even with all of a single color changing you usually wouldn't generate a 5. She makes tons of 3 and 4 matches but 5s are fairly rare.

Boosted to 290 she does ridiculous damage. Green is 6k damage. Purple into green completely smoked a hood magneto kamala team, was hilarious.

Magstorm is gone. This is what we have now. Xavier + KK
  • dkffiv
    Options
    Xavier and kk don't work well together. Only cover purple + green for actives, her purple doesn't reliably make match 5s and the blue that Xavier will generate can't be used by them. Gsbw Xavier is much better, barring that maybe doctor doom or lthor
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Xavier and kk don't work well together. Only cover purple + green for actives, her purple doesn't reliably make match 5s and the blue that Xavier will generate can't be used by them. Gsbw Xavier is much better, barring that maybe doctor doom or lthor

Well you don't believe she can make match 5s so of course u don't think they work well together, this conversation is done