*** Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) ***

1171820222326

Comments

  • simonsezsimonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    Purple comes after green
    What determines the order?
  • GrumpySmurf1002GrumpySmurf1002 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    Purple comes after green
    What determines the order?

    The sequence of the colors listed in the AP screen: Y->R->Blue->G->P->B->TU

    Abilities always launch in that order. It's why 4Thor can't combo you, but 3Thor or Mystique can.

    Also makes Avengers Assemble that much better, because it will always launch before the AI drains the other colors.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    The fact that Thor frontloads a larger chunk of damage onto the targeted enemy is definitely the main deciding factor between the two abilities.
    There is also the small matter that her power costs two less AP. Often won't matter, but there will be times when that's the difference between getting it off in time to avoid something bad happening and not.
  • GuntherBlobelGuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I do want to say, her green is not better than Thor's but is equal. Remember while Thor does less AoE, he does more single target, by an extra 1128, that could mean downing someone or not

    With 3 enemies in play
    CtS deals 9036, Bash deals 10170

    With 2 enemies in play
    CtS deals 6777, Bash deals 6780

    With 1 enemy in play
    CtS deals 4518, Bash deals 3390

    The fact that Thor frontloads a larger chunk of damage onto the targeted enemy is definitely the main deciding factor between the two abilities. Although Bash is still technically better with only two enemies, in realistic play , you're more likely to want more damage on one enemy than the other. However, since the abilities are actually so close in terms of damage, I think it's highly unlikely that you'd be running a team with both characters together. So the choice between the two is really only one that you're going to have to make before a match.

    I'm still only 9/13 covers, but I'm interested in getting her maxed to see if she can do anything defensively in PvP. Thor is AI-proof, and has a big enough health pool that means a cascade or two in his favour could get you a defensive victory. Kamala is a lot squishier, and the AI has no idea how to use her purple - however, she's potentially frustrating and could be equally likely to generate a few upsets if the AI gets a lucky cascade.

    No need to debate who is better. KK is also lots of fun to play with Thor. I sometimes choose CoTS over Bash because it does similar damage + the BotB trigger. Use his yellowflag.png then her purpleflag.png to clean up the unmatched greentile.png. Meh-low-cost abilities like Thor's redflag.png now bring the excitement of a free heal as well. Pair with a blueflag.png / blackflag.png character for a rainbow team.
  • MalcrofMalcrof GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    She is by far my favorite new char since i started playing (on day 87). Fun animations, great abilities, by far the best utility player i have to back up my undercovered 3Thor (5/3/3). She is sitting at 2/2/4 for me right now, closing in on another yellow for her in this season!
  • dkffivdkffiv Posts: 1,028 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Cyclopes wrote:
    I've been playing with a 2/1/1 Kamala in her pvp paired up with my unfortunately 4/4/5 grocket and my cyclops and it's worked out really really well. I'm thinking of making her a mainstay right now. The constant healing ensures that pretty much no one ever dies and the board is filled with yellow making mutant revoluntionary inredibly common making botb also inredibly common and making optic blasts come out very frequently. The only color that is shared is green realistically and I've been willing to sacrifice we got ya for a 1500+ aoe embiggened bash anyday(with I got a plan strike tiles up)

    My only issue with her so far is that I feel her purple isn't doing a lot. For this style I think I'm leaning towards a 5/3/5 build for her. I really feel like these tile changing moves don't do a lot unless it's technopathic strike IMO. Maybe it's just cause I only have 1 cover
    Cyclopes wrote:
    It's not just the fact that the ability isn't doing much it's also paired with the fact that it's just not coming out that often. I've gotten maybe only one of it out in a game whereas I get tons of mutant revolutionaries. For me I think that having more points in BOTB would be a little bit more beneficial considering. At least paired with grocket/Cyclops that is. Anyone else, maybe i'm wrong but for now a 5/3/5 seems optimal
    Cyclopes wrote:
    I'm glad my team isn't horrible. It's worked really well for me thus far. Kamalas green, with grockets blue out, only at 1 cover does 1500 damage to the whole team. It's pretty ridiculous. And with all the optic blasts I've been getting, Cyclops just constantly chunks. Full blast immediately destroys any character. And most of the time I don't even have I got a plan out. I've gotten through matches purely through Cyclops raw power. I bought into all of Cyclops covers when he came out because he's my favorite character. There's just something about characters with things covering their eyes that gets me. My grocket is only 4/4/5 because unfortunately thats the hand I was dealt. And since he's not in packs anymore i'm just stuck with what I've got.

    But yea. If people think that 5 in purple would be more beneficial than 5 in yellow than i'll take their word for it.

    I've been playing with her a lot and Cyclops / Groot / Kamala are an A-team PvE setup, at least in Prodigal. Its doing very well against 395 Wolverine / the DD Torch Hell's Kitchen teams. 5/3/5 Groot center, 5/3/5 Cyclops, 3/5/5/ Kamala (all 166). Groot tanks TU Yellow Green Blue, Cyclops Black and Red, Kamala Purple. Groot absorbs most of the damage and can gather yellow for Cyclops. I try to avoid matching purple / red / black until some BotB proc so I don't take permanent damage (Groots not too hard to prologue heal).

    Cyclops' yellow is cheap enough that it heals your team up and matching Groot's colors means the board goes dry of those and then there are a lot of 4 + 5 matches from the red that gets generated. Red / purple / yellow all end up being board shakes so Kamala is much more likely to get favorable green placement to make 5 matches with her purple. Cyclops' red and black do devastating amounts of damage and Kamala's green does a lot of work too, especially with Groot's blue out. You can also do some advanced tactics like Groot's blue into Kamala purpling the blue tiles so that there are very few on the board / very hard to match.

    Edit: I should point out its fairly fast. The 4+5 matches from purple + yellow generate a lot of AP, yellow getting rid of TU tiles ensures that's mostly useful AP. Resulting cascades + cascades from red generate even more AP. 5 covers in Kamala's purple effectively removes one color from the board which causes the resulting board to cascade a lot more than you might expect.

    I got capped at 30 red AP a couple of times (especially since I tried to hold off on using it to maximize the Groot blue tiles) and had enough green to double cast. Cyclops red + black was smoking the 395 Wolverines as that's nearly 13k damage right there.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I"m closing in on getting her covered

    right now 5/3/5 will be the easiest to get but having a real issue trying to figure out if 3/5/5 or 5/3/5 or 4/4/5 are the way to go.

    With the new health increases I"m not sure if that makes yellow more valuable, since matches will go longer, or less vaulable since characters have more health, although going 5/3/5 would make sense if you paired her with say Loki or Hood.
  • dkffivdkffiv Posts: 1,028 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I"m closing in on getting her covered

    right now 5/3/5 will be the easiest to get but having a real issue trying to figure out if 3/5/5 or 5/3/5 or 4/4/5 are the way to go.

    With the new health increases I"m not sure if that makes yellow more valuable, since matches will go longer, or less vaulable since characters have more health, although going 5/3/5 would make sense if you paired her with say Loki or Hood.

    Once you get rolling the heal is enough to counter match damage, especially if you have some form of true heal on the team to tank the bulk of the damage. By the end of the fight most of my characters are topped with burst heals so the only benefit to 5 yellow would be to take low health characters into a fight and I find that to be too dangerous given that a single cascade might down them before you can start casting.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    I"m closing in on getting her covered

    right now 5/3/5 will be the easiest to get but having a real issue trying to figure out if 3/5/5 or 5/3/5 or 4/4/5 are the way to go.

    With the new health increases I"m not sure if that makes yellow more valuable, since matches will go longer, or less vaulable since characters have more health, although going 5/3/5 would make sense if you paired her with say Loki or Hood.

    More health = longer matches = more abilities = more yellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.png
  • I like her at 3/5/5. Am I totally wrong to want to pair her with lthor and change him so he is 5/5/3. With lthor and KK, there would be two colors that help to accelerate green ap collection... Of course I would then use her green over his. Plus her green is 2 less ap than his... Or do people feel like the green overlap is not worth it? Thoughts?
  • dkffivdkffiv Posts: 1,028 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spills21 wrote:
    I like her at 3/5/5. Am I totally wrong to want to pair her with lthor and change him so he is 5/5/3. With lthor and KK, there would be two colors that help to accelerate green ap collection... Of course I would then use her green over his. Plus her green is 2 less ap than his... Or do people feel like the green overlap is not worth it? Thoughts?

    The AI autopilots so well that its hard to justify anything except 3/5/5 with LThor. Red doesn't really accelerate into yellow unless you have 16+ AP, it just generates so few tiles. There's also the issue of when you will be pairing them with other people. If one of them is boosted and the other is not, that's the one you usually want to use for green too.
  • I cast my vote based off the order of powers and didnt noticed the order was wrong icon_e_surprised.gif
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heh. Kamala, Captain Marvel and Psylocke made a quite effective PvE team. Captain Marvel fuels Psylocke's quick attacks, which fuels Bring Out The Best and heals Marvel.
  • dkffivdkffiv Posts: 1,028 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Heh. Kamala, Captain Marvel and Psylocke made a quite effective PvE team. Captain Marvel fuels Psylocke's quick attacks, which fuels Bring Out The Best and heals Marvel.

    Psylocke is only really useful on level 60 teams because she can down them so fast, I haven't found much of a use for Marvel (may use her on Daken node grind downs if Hulk is hurting). Kamala is good on a lot of PvE teams but the other 2 are really bad.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Heh. Kamala, Captain Marvel and Psylocke made a quite effective PvE team. Captain Marvel fuels Psylocke's quick attacks, which fuels Bring Out The Best and heals Marvel.

    Psylocke is only really useful on level 60 teams because she can down them so fast, I haven't found much of a use for Marvel (may use her on Daken node grind downs if Hulk is hurting). Kamala is good on a lot of PvE teams but the other 2 are really bad.
    Well, I was taking down level 200+ Doom and Mystique with them with little difficulty. Marvel tanks red and black for Psylocke, so any time she takes a moderate amount of damage you get red and black AP, making Psylocke even faster.
    It's not quite as fast as Marvel/Daken/Torch, but it has more sustainability thanks to Kamala's healing.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Heh. Kamala, Captain Marvel and Psylocke made a quite effective PvE team. Captain Marvel fuels Psylocke's quick attacks, which fuels Bring Out The Best and heals Marvel.

    Psylocke is only really useful on level 60 teams because she can down them so fast, I haven't found much of a use for Marvel (may use her on Daken node grind downs if Hulk is hurting). Kamala is good on a lot of PvE teams but the other 2 are really bad.
    Well, I was taking down level 200+ Doom and Mystique with them with little difficulty. Marvel tanks red and black for Psylocke, so any time she takes a moderate amount of damage you get red and black AP, making Psylocke even faster.
    It's not quite as fast as Marvel/Daken/Torch, but it has more sustainability thanks to Kamala's healing.

    I don't think either of you are wrong.

    Remember, this is ultimately a team game of 3 characters.

    Kamala/Psylocke/Marvel could be an A tier team even though, separately, they're not that great(actually I think Marvel and Kamala are good, but that's a different conversation, just go with me)

    Like for instance, the old Magstorm - 2*Mag/2*Storm/2*Hawkeye - separately, they're trash, but together, they were one of the strongest, most efficient teams in the game.
  • wymtimewymtime Posts: 3,440 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Heh. Kamala, Captain Marvel and Psylocke made a quite effective PvE team. Captain Marvel fuels Psylocke's quick attacks, which fuels Bring Out The Best and heals Marvel.

    Psylocke is only really useful on level 60 teams because she can down them so fast, I haven't found much of a use for Marvel (may use her on Daken node grind downs if Hulk is hurting). Kamala is good on a lot of PvE teams but the other 2 are really bad.
    You should try Psylock with Daken/Patch combo for high level goons. You get really cheep abilities to double dip on strike tiles. Blade is better, but Psylock is still nice with this combo.

    For Khan I think LThor is an awsome pairing as you have 2 powers to spam the board with green and 2 green Nukes. She can also pair well it's Mystique. Mystique uses blue and black and Khan uses purple and green.

    I like the idea of Khan Psylock, and captain marvel, but that would mean actually putting ISO into captain marvel instead of IF, or IW in the near future. So sad icon_e_sad.gif
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Heh. Kamala, Captain Marvel and Psylocke made a quite effective PvE team. Captain Marvel fuels Psylocke's quick attacks, which fuels Bring Out The Best and heals Marvel.

    Psylocke is only really useful on level 60 teams because she can down them so fast, I haven't found much of a use for Marvel (may use her on Daken node grind downs if Hulk is hurting). Kamala is good on a lot of PvE teams but the other 2 are really bad.
    You should try Psylock with Daken/Patch combo for high level goons. You get really cheep abilities to double dip on strike tiles. Blade is better, but Psylock is still nice with this combo.

    For Khan I think LThor is an awsome pairing as you have 2 powers to spam the board with green and 2 green Nukes. She can also pair well it's Mystique. Mystique uses blue and black and Khan uses purple and green.

    I like the idea of Khan Psylock, and captain marvel, but that would mean actually putting ISO into captain marvel instead of IF, or IW in the near future. So sad icon_e_sad.gif
    Patch/Daken/Psylocke is an old favorite of mine. But yes, these days Blade or Cage works better.
    I really should stockpile some ISO for Invisible Woman and maybe Mohawk Storm too though...
  • AronditeArondite Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I'm loving mine even at her current 4/3/2. (I bought two purple covers with some HP I had laying around from the sale because I really like that power). Purple is really fun to use and actually very powerful even with only 4 tile conversion. At 7 tiles is plain ridiculous. Yellow regenerates over 600 to everybody at level 160 which basically undoes 7-9 turns worth of match damage and after a few activations can totally blank out full powers. Green at max is literally stronger than Call the storm (10k+ total damage to CtS's 8.8k+), cheaper and Inhuman Stretchiness is better than Thunder Strike at gathering green, anyway.

    Couple of slight notes.

    Green is definitely stronger than CtS, but it's actually 10.1K to 9.0K instead of 10-8.8, and it's also worth noting that Thor's has a bigger single-target chunk which has some value in and of itself.

    But yes, Inhuman Stretchiness is an insane ability.
  • Yellow has new Sound FX
Sign In or Register to comment.