*** Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) ***

Options

Comments

• dkffiv wrote:
    Xavier and kk don't work well together. Only cover purple + green for actives, her purple doesn't reliably make match 5s and the blue that Xavier will generate can't be used by them. Gsbw Xavier is much better, barring that maybe doctor doom or lthor
    after you have PX purple up and some special tiles from yellow, soon enough you dont need ability damage anymore. Just randomly matching PX colors will make his special tiles skyrocket. Its not even funny if you go for 5 purple, a double match-3 makes your special tiles go 500+.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Cyclopes wrote:
    If maxed and ordered properly Groot will tank for Kamala which will be nice. At 153 4 cover Kamala green does 2.2k, 5 cover raises that to 3.1k. The difference from 1 cover to 5 cover is roughly 2.5x so if you manage to get her covers you will almost always use her green over Groot's. If you get to that point you'd want Groot 5/3/5 since you'll never touch his green anyway, let him tank over half the board and you got abilities on every color.

I just maxed Cyclops last PvE, maxed Groot during Black Vortex and I'll probably max Kamala once I get her green cover from progression. Team comp doesn't seem bad, probably B to B+. It can probably take 250 to maybe even 300 nodes but I'm not sure about 395's. Depends on how well Groot can tank while running around trying to gather AP.

The more I think about it the more I like Kamala's purple. You can use it to deny an enemy's AP to reduce the chances of you getting screwed by cascades. If Ares is at 7 yellow you can try to remove most of if from the board with purple and thus focus on the color you want rather than denying yellow at all costs. Same thing on a Juggernaut node, hit red as often as possible with it. Because of that I would value her purple over cyc's yellow by a large margin.
    I'm glad my team isn't horrible. It's worked really well for me thus far. Kamalas green, with grockets blue out, only at 1 cover does 1500 damage to the whole team. It's pretty ridiculous. And with all the optic blasts I've been getting, Cyclops just constantly chunks. Full blast immediately destroys any character. And most of the time I don't even have I got a plan out. I've gotten through matches purely through Cyclops raw power. I bought into all of Cyclops covers when he came out because he's my favorite character. There's just something about characters with things covering their eyes that gets me. My grocket is only 4/4/5 because unfortunately thats the hand I was dealt. And since he's not in packs anymore i'm just stuck with what I've got.

But yea. If people think that 5 in purple would be more beneficial than 5 in yellow than i'll take their word for it.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    Xavier and kk don't work well together. Only cover purple + green for actives, her purple doesn't reliably make match 5s and the blue that Xavier will generate can't be used by them. Gsbw Xavier is much better, barring that maybe doctor doom or lthor
    after you have PX purple up and some special tiles from yellow, soon enough you dont need ability damage anymore. Just randomly matching PX colors will make his special tiles skyrocket. Its not even funny if you go for 5 purple, a double match-3 makes your special tiles go 500+.

Do you mean 2x green match 3s generated from Kamala's purple? Kamala (or you third) will be tanking green and you won't get the Professor X buff. She also tanks yellow for Professor X and if you're bringing someone along to dump the blue AP you're generating from match 5s, Prof X is only tanking purple, team up tiles, and maybe red/black (and only if you aren't bringing someone with an active on those 2). Realistically you want a blue/black/red/yellow user with blue being top priority (off the top of my head LCap and Cyclops fit those colors best). I like both characters but they play horribly together. I did 3 essential nodes with her this pass and couldn't generate a single match 5 using her power (4 covers) 1-2 times per match.
  • I feel that you've to get 2 match 4s to worth having 5 in purple instead of yellow and obviously you're not getting that with any regular basis. If it's just a match 5 + some random match 3s that's comparable to a normal board shake move when you consider that you're investing 8 purple AP which roughly cancels out the match 5 you're getting (a normal board shake move you're getting some damage + cascade). For her heal, it's not whether her heal is adequate. Of course it's adequate, but in this game which greatly favors offense adequate isn't enough. It has to be overpowered and her heal can be overpowered. I'm thinking more of a situation like 'I just took a Headbutt but can I heal enough on time to take a second Headbutt without losing anyone?', and she can do that, at least if your third is Iron Fist (who incidentally renders her purple useless) who can pump out moves at an insane pace. Maybe it's not fast enough with someone else but I do have Iron Fist so I don't have to worry about unable to spam moves. And since you don't get to argue with the AI when they decide they want to give you 2 Headbutts in the face it is worth thinking about scenarios like that, at least until Juggernaut goes up to level 395 and then one shots you. I'm also betting that with the spoiler leaks for new events that we're not going to have a future in PvE where you've a guy doing 5 digit damage due to being level 395 with a relatively slow move, and that we'll instead see stuff more like Kishu type damage where it's just constant damage pile over and over in a way you can't necessarily stop at all. Of course that'd require new PvE events to exist in the first place, but I'm willing to take a chance. If it doesn't work out my typical AP drain combo teams can still deal with the slow guy doing 5 digit damage just fine.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like that her yellow at five covers is like having Cage's protect tile with five covers x 2. Personally I'm going to aim for 535, as her green fully covered is just too nasty and not that expensive for all the damage.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So right now, after we all know KK abilities, and have had an event to test things out...who makes KK a part of their usable roster? Do you consider KK a valuable addition that you'll use frequently because the abilities work well for you?

I don't have any of the covers, so was wondering what those who do intend to do with them. Thanks.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Konman wrote:
    So right now, after we all know KK abilities, and have had an event to test things out...who makes KK a part of their usable roster? Do you consider KK a valuable addition that you'll use frequently because the abilities work well for you?

I don't have any of the covers, so was wondering what those who do intend to do with them. Thanks.

I'm loving mine even at her current 4/3/2. (I bought two purple covers with some HP I had laying around from the sale because I really like that power). Purple is really fun to use and actually very powerful even with only 4 tile conversion. At 7 tiles is plain ridiculous. Yellow regenerates over 600 to everybody at level 160 which basically undoes 7-9 turns worth of match damage and after a few activations can totally blank out full powers. Green at max is literally stronger than Call the storm (10k+ total damage to CtS's 8.8k+), cheaper and Inhuman Stretchiness is better than Thunder Strike at gathering green, anyway.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

Do you mean 2x green match 3s generated from Kamala's purple? Kamala (or you third) will be tanking green and you won't get the Professor X buff. She also tanks yellow for Professor X and if you're bringing someone along to dump the blue AP you're generating from match 5s, Prof X is only tanking purple, team up tiles, and maybe red/black (and only if you aren't bringing someone with an active on those 2). Realistically you want a blue/black/red/yellow user with blue being top priority (off the top of my head LCap and Cyclops fit those colors best). I like both characters but they play horribly together. I did 3 essential nodes with her this pass and couldn't generate a single match 5 using her power (4 covers) 1-2 times per match.
    No, I mean common double-matching, when you swap a couple tiles and both make a 3-match (usually with TUs + another color). The '5 purple' was about a PX 454, when you enchance 4 tiles per 3-match.

Basically, fire two powers to have a couple of each protect and attack tile then just keep matching with PX and soon enough you will have monstuous special tiles and dont even need to rely on that ocasional critical.
  • She's fine to good. There are some interactions with character with low cost powers like Cage that allow you to stretch low life characters for a long, long while. I'm not that convinced that 3/5/5 is the only way to go btw, I might be using her an awful lot with cafe and xf and no way green is ever being used then, but with guys like daken and blade her green seems amazing.
  • Konman wrote:

Considering her green rival's thor's - everyone does
  • Konman wrote:

Assuming I can get some purple covers I'ma level her up and use her in PvE, at the bare minimum as a collection of green for XF. I have 3/1/4 right now and with her 90 level boost to 180 something she was good when I was using her.
    ark123 wrote:
    She's fine to good. There are some interactions with character with low cost powers like Cage that allow you to stretch low life characters for a long, long while. I'm not that convinced that 3/5/5 is the only way to go btw, I might be using her an awful lot with cafe and xf and no way green is ever being used then, but with guys like daken and blade her green seems amazing.

I think at 166 her green has better EV than XF's green. Even at cost 12, since you can accelerate with purple. If there are 3 targets (that don't regenerate, curse you enemy Daken!) then 12 green for 3390x3 damage is better than 8 green for ~5k damage, board depending. If you need to clear tiles or hoping for black cascade or something sure, but otherwise well worth it to Embiggening Bash. 2 targets not so much.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mine is sitting at 5-1-5 (having missed the t5 in heavy metal), and I must say that I'm really digging her yellow, though on paper I didn't think that much about it.

I am so hoping that in the upcoming rerun purple will be the alliance reward... though, I have now doubts about how I want to build her (because yellow grew on me).

Purple still seems amazing, but giving up on yellow is a heartbreaker as well: could 4-4-5 be a good compromise in your opinion? Giving up those two converted tiles on purple, coming from the jump from 4 to 5, seems a big deal... or it's not? Those of you who already used her with purple at five can confirm or debunk this.
  • Konman wrote:

Not a character I expected to like. I expected to get her and her just be there for me sometimes. But the pvp changed my mind quickly on that. So now she's going to be my third character since she's the only one so far who has worked with grocket/cyclops. I absolutely love her. At 2/1/1 and I am really tempted to go 5/3/5 but I don't know yet. For me 5 green is a necessity especially with grocket since you could probaly make the move do more damage than rotp with I got a plan out. At only rank 1 it did 1500 with 4 tiles out.

Mainly I like her because she's the only character I have with a good green active. Hulk and grocket just don't match to her green. And blades is passive
  • I dropped a whole load of HP on her and she's currently at 2/5/5, with the other yellow appearing when I hit 3,000 points in Season 13. I really like her, her green is very powerful and the purple is very useful and fun to use. That's the main reason I leveled her up - because she seemed actually FUN to use, a word that often isn't apparent in this game. You have to analyse the board and decide which colour is best to change to green instead of most characters where you can play without thinking at all. I'd like it if there were more characters like her, instead of the 'get 10 red then push button to win' type characters.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    i completely agree on the fun aspect of the character. Maybe she's not PVP material, but who cares (... to some degree).

I have her at 130, but I will seriously think about pouring some more ISO into her (wow, that sounds nasty), once I get those two final (pre-respec) purple covers.
    I'd like it if there were more characters like her, instead of the 'get 10 red then push button to win' type characters.

yep, exactly.

The problem with the incoming Quicksilver is that not only he appears to belong to the beast-tier, but he also seems to be tragically boring. So, the problem doesn't involve only OP characters. Every now and then - in PVE mainly: for very obvious reasons - I will use second or even third stringers, just because they are fun to play with.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I"m still not sure if I'll go 3/5/5 or 5/3/5. I thought even about 4/4/5 but the upgrade from 3 purple to 4 purple isn't worth the downgrade from 5 yellow to 4.

I"m leaning 5/3/5 just because I think the yellow will help more in PvE add to the fact that purple even at level 1 will get me a match 3/4, here's my thought.

3/5/5--Decent heal, goal to accelerate to her massive green AoE

5/3/5--Amazing heal, purple strong enough to acclerate lower costed green's like X-Force, Punisher, Devil Dino, IW etc.

I do want to say, her green is not better than Thor's but is equal. Remember while Thor does less AoE, he does more single target, by an extra 1128, that could mean downing someone or not
  • I dropped a whole load of HP on her and she's currently at 2/5/5, with the other yellow appearing when I hit 3,000 points in Season 13. I really like her, her green is very powerful and the purple is very useful and fun to use. That's the main reason I leveled her up - because she seemed actually FUN to use, a word that often isn't apparent in this game. You have to analyse the board and decide which colour is best to change to green instead of most characters where you can play without thinking at all. I'd like it if there were more characters like her, instead of the 'get 10 red then push button to win' type characters.

That's too hard to implement for D3, go look at the fan concept of Quicksilver vs what we actually got for reference
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    I"m still not sure if I'll go 3/5/5 or 5/3/5. I thought even about 4/4/5 but the upgrade from 3 purple to 4 purple isn't worth the downgrade from 5 yellow to 4.

I"m leaning 5/3/5 just because I think the yellow will help more in PvE add to the fact that purple even at level 1 will get me a match 3/4, here's my thought.

3/5/5--Decent heal, goal to accelerate to her massive green AoE

5/3/5--Amazing heal, purple strong enough to acclerate lower costed green's like X-Force, Punisher, Devil Dino, IW etc.

I do want to say, her green is not better than Thor's but is equal. Remember while Thor does less AoE, he does more single target, by an extra 1128, that could mean downing someone or not

I'm personally leaning towards 3/5/5, which I feel the heal will be sufficient when she's featured. You ideally want her paired with at least 1 character that uses cheap ap skills to keep the heals going. Characters that can chain skills into collecting ap like IF, Cyclops, Mystique will allow for multiple heals so 5 yellow seems unnecessary. If you're going to pair her with slower characters like BP, Fury, or LThor, then bring along Deadpool, Punisher or Psylocke to keep the group healthy.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

With 3 enemies in play
    CtS deals 9036, Bash deals 10170

With 2 enemies in play
    CtS deals 6777, Bash deals 6780

With 1 enemy in play
    CtS deals 4518, Bash deals 3390

The fact that Thor frontloads a larger chunk of damage onto the targeted enemy is definitely the main deciding factor between the two abilities. Although Bash is still technically better with only two enemies, in realistic play , you're more likely to want more damage on one enemy than the other. However, since the abilities are actually so close in terms of damage, I think it's highly unlikely that you'd be running a team with both characters together. So the choice between the two is really only one that you're going to have to make before a match.

I'm still only 9/13 covers, but I'm interested in getting her maxed to see if she can do anything defensively in PvP. Thor is AI-proof, and has a big enough health pool that means a cascade or two in his favour could get you a defensive victory. Kamala is a lot squishier, and the AI has no idea how to use her purple - however, she's potentially frustrating and could be equally likely to generate a few upsets if the AI gets a lucky cascade.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

With 3 enemies in play
    CtS deals 9036, Bash deals 10170

With 2 enemies in play
    CtS deals 6777, Bash deals 6780

With 1 enemy in play
    CtS deals 4518, Bash deals 3390

The fact that Thor frontloads a larger chunk of damage onto the targeted enemy is definitely the main deciding factor between the two abilities. Although Bash is still technically better with only two enemies, in realistic play , you're more likely to want more damage on one enemy than the other. However, since the abilities are actually so close in terms of damage, I think it's highly unlikely that you'd be running a team with both characters together. So the choice between the two is really only one that you're going to have to make before a match.

I'm still only 9/13 covers, but I'm interested in getting her maxed to see if she can do anything defensively in PvP. Thor is AI-proof, and has a big enough health pool that means a cascade or two in his favour could get you a defensive victory. Kamala is a lot squishier, and the AI has no idea how to use her purple - however, she's potentially frustrating and could be equally likely to generate a few upsets if the AI gets a lucky cascade.

Purple comes after green so the AI will always have to wait at least 1 turn to use Kamala's after a big cascade. They have decent enough synergy that you could field them both, just need a blue and black user (Black Panther or Mystique I guess). Yellow and purple both accelerate into green and one of them should get a move off before they're both downed. Thor's green will provide a heal while Kamala's will not so that will need to be taken into account too.