The Gauntlet - March 22-27

Options

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled out the nuclear option: Venom. Devoured Devil Dino and Thor.
    image.jpg
    The Thor Devour was just insult to injury though.
    image.jpg

Very nice. I was considering running Spidey+Venom with Rags as a blue battery. Decided against it because they aren't leveled enough.
  • bat_239
    bat_239 Posts: 48
    Options
    Done icon_e_smile.gif
    Sims 37-41 (all levels 395) were relatively easy for LazyCap + Hood + Loki. Had to whale-bomb essentials 16-18 as my SG has only a single cover and opponents were lvl395. Have no idea what 2 characters can make it.. Ideas welcome, btw
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Very nice. I was considering running Spidey+Venom with Rags as a blue battery. Decided against it because they aren't leveled enough.
    Ragnarok is a good idea, but I was looking for someone to tank blacktile.png for Venom. If my 3/3/0 Gamora was better, I think she'd be perfect for a greenflag.png , blueflag.png , purpleflag.png stun-lock team. After you Devour the first person, you should be set for the rest of the match.

The only reason I tried it was because these high health guys just screamed Spidey/Venom/Deadpool! But, maybe I should see if I can finish the Guantlet with them.
  • Finally got through 42 with stormneto and hood. it was an impressive combo. Flux plus intimation was a major player. I stun locked pro x with wind storm and focused on Deadpool then x force. Only took damage from matching. Of course, I boosted purple /blue by three.

All I have left now are the essentials. Hopefully everything goes smoothly cause I really want that blade cover
  • Did the final node with Hood 5/5/3, Punisher 4/5/4 and GSBW 5/3/5 all level 166 with only +3 Green/Black and 2 TU's (web bandages secured the win for me)

One thing I learned from this event. I no longer need to support D3 by continually spending ISO and HP on boosts for just about any other PVP or PVE icon_twisted.gif
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    meekersX wrote:
    morph3us wrote:
    Vankysher wrote:
    Thanks for the advice. Tried 2*Cap/Ares/Blade & AP boosted +60% all, +30% r/y & +30% b/g. Wiped by turn 6. Rezzed all 3 & iso-boosted all colors. Managed to only down Hood. Starlord's countdown one-shot Cap; Mjolnir's Might one-shot Ares & Starlord's last countdown one-shot Blade. 8 wipes in a row. I'm at the point of calling it quits on this overpowered node ****. 90 levels higher than my non-boosted roster is too much and really depends all on luck which is stupid.

icon_e_sad.gif Sounds like it's incredibly luck dependent with your current roster. I managed to beat it with 3* Cap, Rocket and Groot, and Loki, plus an X-Force TU. Boosted +3 TU AP, matched two sets of TU tiles, X-Forced Hood down a substantial amount, then match damaged him to finish him. A bad board put Loki in the way of a Sleight of Hand, which downed him; R&G took a fair number of hits for the team while I was building up AP for Cap and were eventually downed by Starlord too, but by then had 2 SSAs going, plus a Peacemaker, so finished off Starlord and LThor with that. 2* Cap unfortunately isn't a great substitute, not enough DPS. The node was 90 levels higher than my maxed 3* team too.

Anyone here with a 2* roster who's beaten Node 40?
    I think I did it with 2* Storm, 2* Magneto, and 2* Hawkeye. Only boosted B/P. Used my initial Wind Storm stun to stop The Hood stealing; the second and subsequent ones were used on Thor. Killed The Hood > Star-Lord > Thor. Keep Thor perma-stunned. Star-Lord isn't very dangerous by himself, especially as you can match away all his abilities. Make sure to match 5 for Hawkeye's Speed Shot with Magneto's Polarity Shift as the damage is essential to chew through their health pools. You'll still need a somewhat favorable board, but it should be doable.
    I finally beat it using Stormneto as well but with buffed Rags as the meat shield and AP Tank. Iso-boosted all colors and had a somewhat favorable board to start but definitely slowed in gaining useful AP a few turns in. Won with everyone at about 50% health or less so had to use 3 health packs before the hitting the next node and promptly wiping.

While the new Polarity Shift does generate more red tiles, the absolute **** random tile placement for Magnetic Flux for me during this event makes it a 50/50 proposition for it to go off and collect a little AP or simply having it matched away. I've actually delayed using it to match red to narrow down placement and instead get MnMags one-shot the following turn - careless on my part but shows how maddening the randomized placement is.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who thought they'd never finish but did anyway! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    Options
    dswan3rd wrote:
    Yeah I'm stuck on 41. I keep trying to go with CStorm + MNMags + Anyone remotely beefy, but the best I've been able to do is drop Hulk and get 4hor down to a couple thousand. Meanwhile, Devil Dino eats my face.

I do have a single Whales TU, though I need to make sure I have a full alottment of DP points to make sure it drops them all. I also have a 1* Widow's Sting that may help?

What team did you use for this?

I used Spidey (really anyone with a purple that was a higher level than my DP to tank for him), DP, and Blade. +3 to Blue/Purple and +3 to all colors, caught a lucky match 5 early on and was able to call "whales" before the enemy made a move at all (even a Dino prehistoric arms). If you have Deadpool and have been using him semi-regularly (at least 3-5 times a week), you probably have more than enough for an insta-kill (28K DP points). I got a DP redflag.png cover from his first PVE and by the time I got his purpleflag.png cover, I had enough for 3 or 4 insta-kills.

The Widow's Sting would definitely let you pound away at Hulk without triggering Anger - the overall non-whales (for someone with a mainly 2* roster) approach seems to be gather as much blue through abilities and boosts (and a friendly board) as possible, then stun away with Storm.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

This makes me think I should drop HP to open up a slot for Venom. Juggs is my only remaining 1 star and I never leveled Venom, but damn if that's not a brilliant solution to OP nodes.
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    deadpool is on essentials 17-18 ?

i "just" need to beat node 42 and if possible whales on essentials, for finally get blade cover
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    dingao666 wrote:

i "just" need to beat node 42 and if possible whales on essentials, for finally get blade cover

Essential 17 - Doctor Doom, Gorgon, Sentry
    Essential 18 - Thoress, Gorgon, Cyclops
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    dingao666 wrote:

No Deadpool on those essentials.

For reference:
    • Essential 16
        Patch Gorgon Mystique
    • Essential 17
        Doctor Doom Gorgon Sentry
    • Essential 18
      star.png Thor
      Gorgon
      Cyclops
    [/*]
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh so close to taking Sim-32. Lvl 133 Storm/IF/Doom vs my 2* roster.

I tried Cap, Ares, OBW. Took down IF and even fired an Anti-Grav to heal, so I thought I was in decent shape. Managed to get rid of IF's tile a couple turns later to stop that bleeding. Smacked Doom with an Onslaught, but not enough to down him. Diabolical Plot. Bye, OBW icon_e_sad.gif. Ares took vengeance and finished Doom off a couple turns later, but Storm decided to use Doom's accumulated black for a Hailstorm. Cap died first (he had absorbed a lot of the IF tile bleeding already), and I thought Ares had enough health to pull through.

No such luck, Storm had ~300 HP left when the last Hailstorm damage finished Ares.

Think that's it for me. Feels like I made it further than last time, though.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options

This is a tough node with a growing roster since Storm is taken out of the equation - do you have anyone else on your roster with a stun, or maybe a 1* Black Widow team-up? I ask because you may be able to stun IF then get rid of his tile, to hold off that damage over time for awhile. Maybe even MNMags and Hawkeye with OBW (if you have them covered and well leveled) to Polarity Shift into some Speed Shots to take down someone quickly - I think I went for Storm first with this node, only because Hailstorm is so annoying.
  • Rockabilly Zombie
    Rockabilly Zombie Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any tips on Essential 17? I have a pretty decent max 3* roster. Don't have enough DP points for max whales either. I've been wiped three times and I'm waiting for health packs to regen.
  • bat_239
    bat_239 Posts: 48
    Options
    Any tips on Essential 17? I have a pretty decent max 3* roster. Don't have enough DP points for max whales either. I've been wiped three times and I'm waiting for health packs to regen.
    What are the enemy levels you have there?
    Hood+LazyCap is the only team that comes to my mind.
    Or try Spidey + someone tanky like BP or LazyThor + a couple of Venom Devour team-ups
    Hulkbombing can help for levels below 300 as well...
  • Rockabilly Zombie
    Rockabilly Zombie Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bat_239 wrote:
    What are the enemy levels you have there?
    Hood+LazyCap is the only team that comes to my mind.
    Or try Spidey + someone tanky like BP or LazyThor + a couple of Venom Devour team-ups
    Enemy levels are at 263/264. I'll try Hood+LazyCap next. I do have max LT but my Spidey is under leveled.
  • The Squirrel Girl ones were so hard because mine is still at Level 40 despite having 8 covers for her. Usually for really difficult pve fights I just try to assemble a team capable of keeping Captain America alive but she doesn't work too well as a shield. Still managed to get her to the front to take an Optic Blast icon_twisted.gif and squeak out that last win.
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    meekersX wrote:
    dingao666 wrote:

No Deadpool on those essentials.

For reference:
    • Essential 16
        Patch Gorgon Mystique
    • Essential 17
        Doctor Doom Gorgon Sentry
    • Essential 18
      star.png Thor
      Gorgon
      Cyclops
    [/*]

ty

i beat node 42 with rag +stormneto

now just whales for my first complete gauntlet
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options

I beat that one with Patch/Loki. Downed Gorgon first, Doom second, Sentry last. Hood/LCap sounds like a good combination too.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dswan3rd wrote:

This is a tough node with a growing roster since Storm is taken out of the equation - do you have anyone else on your roster with a stun, or maybe a 1* Black Widow team-up?
    Nah, only Cap, and he's just too darn slow to get going outside of survival nodes.