The Gauntlet - March 22-27

Options

Comments

• chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Curly - do you have Steve? I took that one down with Steve and Hood with SG there to eat one power from someone. Steve is a PVE master with protect tiles and recharging damage. If you can throw in some intimidations it can go pretty quick.
  • After actually buying four covers (maxed Hood's blue) to beat node 37 it felt soooo great beating the final node (3 * lvl 351) with GSBW (lvl 166 5-3-5), Daredevil (lvl 166 3-5-5) and cMag (lvl 140 5-5-2) with no boosts or team up's used.
    Let's just say they got ambushed by my sniper rifle icon_twisted.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That cyke-xforce-mags node at l310 is the most impossible node I've come across in a long while. No super whales= no green blade for Lex. C'est la vie.
  • unfortunately i have only a baby captain... damn, i dont think i will have accumulated enough pts for whales....

i see chance of doing it, since even my SG is kinda loaner..managed to snug one cover out of a token. so thats that.

i basically have to play with 2 heros only. and my xf and hood are both around 120ish.... ****

i really want that green blade tho, will try again

EDIT:

DONE! stormneto ftw! nerf? what nerf?
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well...node 37 just bent me over a few times...I don't have a Hulk to follow the suggestion from the previous page, and I've tried my "go to" team of Capt. Marvel (140), MNThor, OBW along with MagStormHawk to no avail...any suggestions???
  • I again struggle how the luminary short bus riders at d3 think this does anything to engage current players let alone bring new ones in..

Cool the few of us with big teams can annoyingly get through provided we are bores enough.

Glad im not a shareholder.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dswan - what is your roster like and what are the enemy levels?
  • raisinbman wrote:
    **WARNING PROFESSOR X IS ON SIM 35 WITH LUKE CAGE WARNING**

35 was super-duper bugged for me. At one point, Professor X started casting Psychic Convergence every turn. Even after Cage and Fury were down. Neither Cage nor Fury used a power other than Unbreakable the whole match. Now, this isn't really a complaint, because Convergence strike and attack tiles meant the Hulk was chewing up the board every turn, but still, I don't think it's supposed to be quite *that* passive.

I think I saw this same bug (sometimes) in Deadpool daily last node(4 waves) - Captain Marvel would trigger her passive no matter what, every time I hit her.
    dearbluey wrote:
    Can someone list all the essential nodes? I don't have Ragnarok or Daken, and would really like to complete Alpine Tactics......is it worth trying for Ragnarok in a couple 10-packs?

I haven't done any of the essential nodes yet, but I do have the first one of each branch open. It seems to be:
    Wilderness Survival
    Essentials 1-3: Ragnarok
    Essentials 4-6: Ragnarok

Alpine Tactics
    Essentials 7-9: Ragnarok
    Essentials 10-12: Daken

Global Domination
    Essentials 13-15: Ragnarok
    Essentials 16-18: Squirrel Girl

So Rags is needed on 12/18 essential nodes. It depends, then, how badly you want to finish up every node because chasing a Ragnarok cover is going to be a pain if you're just opening packs. An expensive pain.

Not worth it. To get the Daken reward I need Daken. So stupid.

As has been said before in this thread, Daken is availible in PVP
    dearbluey wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Got my Squirrel Girl yesterday. For anyone else for whom she is the priority - doing the nodes that unlock the first set of essentials, and then doing the first set of essentials, will get you exactly enough event points for Squirrel Girl. That way, you also avoid the nodes that people seem to be having the biggest problems with.

I'll probably hit the essentials on the first two subs, and maybe look at a few other nodes, but I'm mostly done with it now, I think.

All I really was wanting was SG from the third sub, but I was also hoping that I could push through to the end of the main lines before doing the essentials. That way the scaling would be a shade more forgiving. This, it seems, was a mistake. I'm up to node 40 and ouch, ouch, ouch. Looks like I should do those essentials first after all. icon_e_smile.gif

Scaling goes up less if you do main first. That being said, after doing mains thru whalebombing my essentials jumped 20 levels(****?). The key is, do you want harder ESSENTIALS or MAIN nodes things. I'd take harder essentials every day of the week.
    ok, after 160 days, this may be the first gauntlet i finish:

i am on the very last essential (18), did beat everything else, and i REEEEALLY wanna have dat green blade.

how to beat? what to do? i have fully covered XF and hood, alas not nearly at max lvl. i dont have 28k for deadpool neither.

GO!

Next time go from hardest to easiest, not the other way around. Finish main. Finish hard(er) essentials. Finish easier essentials.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did just enough to get the Daken cover, Wilderness Survival: main leg only, Alpine Tactics: main and essentials, Global Domination: nothing
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love playing once every 3 hours because without an absolutely perfect board at the get go, you are BONED at a certain point. I'm one effing win away from my SG purpleflag.png. I realize there are 3 days left but dammit this is frustrating.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    That cyke-xforce-mags node at l310 is the most impossible node I've come across in a long while. No super whales= no green blade for Lex. C'est la vie.

Not completely impossible, though. Team La-Z-Boy (Lazy Thor and Daken, Prof X) delivered.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any advice for a team comp vs. lvl 180 Hulk, 4Hor, Prof X? My biggest problem is that I only have 1 Ragnarok cover, so he's not much in the way of help. I've tried using MNMags + CStorm and gotten down to just Hulk, but was promptly destroyed by successive Angers. If I had had another Windstorm available I may have pulled it off. I can keep going back with that every few hours to see if I can luck into a good board, but any thoughts on other possible team comps? Alternatively, the other node open to me is lvl 206 IF, Luke Cage, DP and that just seems like a lot of hurt. Could try Hulk bombing them I suppose...

EDIT: Nevermind! I Hulk Bombed the bejeezus out of the IF, Cage, DP node and the BP, Mystique node that followed it. SG purpleflag.png acquired!
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

Not completely impossible, though. Team La-Z-Boy (Lazy Thor and Daken, Prof X) delivered.
    Ooh, this one was fun figuring out! I ended up winning with max Daken + max 2* Storm + a 5/5/0 Ragnarok buffed to 185. Used 3 blue/purple boosts. Focused on matching red to create blue. Stunned XF first, then Cyclops. That was enough to knock down XF, which made it easy to stun lock the last two.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sim 40 on Global Domination is freaking killing every team I've thrown at it with little effort. I only manage to down Hood but by that time LThor has enough AP tofire enough powers to kill my entire team.
    Tried my lvl 81 2* team of Ares/Daken/OBW which ended with Twin Pistols & COTS. Tried Ares/Squirrel Girl/Blade which ended the same. Tried 2* Cap/SG/cStorm and at least managed to down Hood. Tried Stormneto +MHawkeye which got destroyed the fastest. Any suggestions?
  • clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I must say, despite all of the doom and gloom about the 2* Mags nerf, Stormneto is still a very valid combo. Three blue tiles can still make a match-5 pretty easily, and with the new red generation, I've gotten an automatic red match almost every time I've launched his purple. Which means that I've been able to launch Mags' red a lot easier than I used to, and honestly, that's one of the best powers in the game.

I was facing 4* Thor, Hulk, and someone (Punisher, maybe?), and I was able to down them all pretty easily without any boosts. Sure it was a decent board, but still.

EDIT: Actually, the third was Prof. X on Essential 15. Which meant I had Rags as my third which worked out great since he tanked blue, green, and red. I used him to gather those three, got purple with Mags when it was safe, fired off Stom's green and blue several times, and Mags's red twice. Very satisfying to beat high-level 4*s with a couple of 2*s.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    37 is such an epic troll.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sim 40 (lazy Thor, starlord, hood) is crushing me. Hood slows me down just enough to let one of the others get off an ability, which is usually fatal. Any suggestions (other than super whales, which I am trying to avoid)?
  • I must say, despite all of the doom and gloom about the 2* Mags nerf, Stormneto is still a very valid combo. Three blue tiles can still make a match-5 pretty easily, and with the new red generation, I've gotten an automatic red match almost every time I've launched his purple. Which means that I've been able to launch Mags' red a lot easier than I used to, and honestly, that's one of the best powers in the game.
    Yeah I especially love running Stormneto with Hood, that way you can instantly fire Mags red bomb with Hood's black instead of having to take the chance that in that 1 turn it will somehow magically get matched away or destroyed in an unfortunate cascade wasting all that hard earned red AP. However I think we need to see how Stormneto fairs in PVE without Storm being boosted before declaring all is still well with the combo. Stormneto was definitely noticeably slower to get started now without some extra board love, and a non-boosted much squishier Storm could potentially make that more of a problem.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Sim 40 (lazy Thor, starlord, hood) is crushing me. Hood slows me down just enough to let one of the others get off an ability, which is usually fatal. Any suggestions (other than super whales, which I am trying to avoid)?

Sounds like you've already figured out the main problem, Hood's messing up your tempo. My approach would be to bring someone who can burst Hood down fast: X-Force, Blade, Daken, Torch, Deadpool - essentially anyone with low AP requirements so Dormmamu's Aid doesn't have time to slow you down. If you don't have any of them, match damage boosts will do the same thing. I'd also bring Loki to try and swing some AP back later, if you need to.
  • markcoen01
    markcoen01 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Stuck in 37! Any advice of best team to use for it? Hulk + ? + ?
    ***after the 8th try, I was finally able to complete Sim 37 with Hulk/XForce/OBW. Thanks for mentioning that Hulk is the key.