The Gauntlet - March 22-27

Options

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did 37 with CMags, Hulk and Hood. **** those auto-generating OP attack and protect tiles are annoying icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    morph3us wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Sim 40 (lazy Thor, starlord, hood) is crushing me. Hood slows me down just enough to let one of the others get off an ability, which is usually fatal. Any suggestions (other than super whales, which I am trying to avoid)?

Sounds like you've already figured out the main problem, Hood's messing up your tempo. My approach would be to bring someone who can burst Hood down fast: X-Force, Blade, Daken, Torch, Deadpool - essentially anyone with low AP requirements so Dormmamu's Aid doesn't have time to slow you down. If you don't have any of them, match damage boosts will do the same thing. I'd also bring Loki to try and swing some AP back later, if you need to.
    Thanks for the advice. Tried 2*Cap/Ares/Blade & AP boosted +60% all, +30% r/y & +30% b/g. Wiped by turn 6. Rezzed all 3 & iso-boosted all colors. Managed to only down Hood. Starlord's countdown one-shot Cap; Mjolnir's Might one-shot Ares & Starlord's last countdown one-shot Blade. 8 wipes in a row. I'm at the point of calling it quits on this overpowered node ****. 90 levels higher than my non-boosted roster is too much and really depends all on luck which is stupid.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    markcoen01 wrote:
    Stuck in 37! Any advice of best team to use for it? Hulk + ? + ?

Any chance i get hulk patch + anyone w use of black that isnt stronger than hulk like capt marvel. Just get 9 green... then wait for a chance to match black. Then fire berserker rage. Once u are able 2 down deadpool, the next target is Ironfist cpz his flying kick is the s*it (esp. If you fired off ur rage). Then hit cage, if u have marvel her red is useful for takin out the protect tile
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j0nats wrote:
    markcoen01 wrote:

Any chance i get hulk patch + anyone w use of black that isnt stronger than hulk like capt marvel. Just get 9 green... then wait for a chance to match black. Then fire berserker rage. Once u are able 2 down deadpool, the next target is Ironfist cpz his flying kick is the s*it (esp. If you fired off ur rage). Then hit cage, if u have marvel her red is useful for takin out the protect tile

You need to be careful with busting out a BR when facing Iron Fist, though, especially in this node. His level 272 attack tile was doing 782 damage per turn when I faced him. Add a couple of Patch's strike tiles onto that and you'll be in a world of hurt really quickly.
  • j0nats wrote:
    markcoen01 wrote:

You need to be careful with busting out a BR when facing Iron Fist, though, especially in this node. His level 272 attack tile was doing 782 damage per turn when I faced him. Add a couple of Patch's strike tiles onto that and you'll be in a world of hurt really quickly.

Berserker Rage is a great move when you're fighting a team that is greatly favored in a drawn out fight, which is definitely true in this case. Although it may seen counterintuitive, taking some 1K+ attack tiles in the face is not a big deal because this gives you a chance to put IF away considerably faster and you definitely weren't going to outlast him to begin with. I use Berserker Rage all the time in heroic events against overscaled Daken/Juggernaut/Ares too. It's not a big deal if the opponent melts your face when they can normally do that with any of their moves already!
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:
    Thanks for the advice. Tried 2*Cap/Ares/Blade & AP boosted +60% all, +30% r/y & +30% b/g. Wiped by turn 6. Rezzed all 3 & iso-boosted all colors. Managed to only down Hood. Starlord's countdown one-shot Cap; Mjolnir's Might one-shot Ares & Starlord's last countdown one-shot Blade. 8 wipes in a row. I'm at the point of calling it quits on this overpowered node ****. 90 levels higher than my non-boosted roster is too much and really depends all on luck which is stupid.

icon_e_sad.gif Sounds like it's incredibly luck dependent with your current roster. I managed to beat it with 3* Cap, Rocket and Groot, and Loki, plus an X-Force TU. Boosted +3 TU AP, matched two sets of TU tiles, X-Forced Hood down a substantial amount, then match damaged him to finish him. A bad board put Loki in the way of a Sleight of Hand, which downed him; R&G took a fair number of hits for the team while I was building up AP for Cap and were eventually downed by Starlord too, but by then had 2 SSAs going, plus a Peacemaker, so finished off Starlord and LThor with that. 2* Cap unfortunately isn't a great substitute, not enough DPS. The node was 90 levels higher than my maxed 3* team too.

Anyone here with a 2* roster who's beaten Node 40?
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    morph3us wrote:
    Vankysher wrote:

icon_e_sad.gif Sounds like it's incredibly luck dependent with your current roster. I managed to beat it with 3* Cap, Rocket and Groot, and Loki, plus an X-Force TU. Boosted +3 TU AP, matched two sets of TU tiles, X-Forced Hood down a substantial amount, then match damaged him to finish him. A bad board put Loki in the way of a Sleight of Hand, which downed him; R&G took a fair number of hits for the team while I was building up AP for Cap and were eventually downed by Starlord too, but by then had 2 SSAs going, plus a Peacemaker, so finished off Starlord and LThor with that. 2* Cap unfortunately isn't a great substitute, not enough DPS. The node was 90 levels higher than my maxed 3* team too.

Anyone here with a 2* roster who's beaten Node 40?
    I think I did it with 2* Storm, 2* Magneto, and 2* Hawkeye. Only boosted B/P. Used my initial Wind Storm stun to stop The Hood stealing; the second and subsequent ones were used on Thor. Killed The Hood > Star-Lord > Thor. Keep Thor perma-stunned. Star-Lord isn't very dangerous by himself, especially as you can match away all his abilities. Make sure to match 5 for Hawkeye's Speed Shot with Magneto's Polarity Shift as the damage is essential to chew through their health pools. You'll still need a somewhat favorable board, but it should be doable.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    j0nats wrote:
    markcoen01 wrote:

Thats y i stay at 355 patch.... better survivability. But just enuf to trigger anger. Having an IF attack tile is a bonus because it will result in 2 anger tiles triggering. Also at ldvel 5 ur strike tile stacks with the anger damage to enemy team icon_e_smile.gif
  • Stuck on Sim 35 fairly new player with 12 days in. Can anyone help?

My Roster:
    Cyclops(Uncanny) Lvl: 40 0/1/0
    Doctor Doom(Classic) Lvl: 40 0/0/1
    Ragnarok(Dark Avengers) Lvl: 40 1/0/0
    Storm(Mohawk) Lvl: 40 0/1/0
    The Hood(Classic) Lvl: 40 0/0/1
    Iron Man(Model 35) Lvl: 33 5/5/3
    Hawkeye(Modern) Lvl: 33 3/1/1
    Hawkeye(Classic) Lvl: 30 5/5
    Thor(Marvel Now!) Lvl: 23 3/0/1
    Captain America(Modern) Lvl: 22 2/0/0

Seriously needing some help. Thanks in advance!
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    markcoen01 wrote:
    Add Patch and Loki. Black/Green boosts just in case. Hopefully Hulk tanks black for Loki.
    Cast Trickery after Berserker Rage. Luke's Protect tile becomes a strike tile so his next protect tile is negated. The purple protect tiles keep you safe from the IF strike tile. Try to knock out DP first, then IF.
  • _xdrew wrote:
    Stuck on Sim 35 fairly new player with 12 days in. Can anyone help?

My Roster:

This is a tough one. You have a very limited roster at the moment, and I can't even imagine what level enemies you're facing with that.
    This is going to sound like odd advice, but I'd recommend perhaps going back into the prologue stories and beating down as many missions as you can there. Get ISO there, in the Lightning Rounds (even if you don't place well, they're great for ISO) and see what covers you can collect from there too.
    You're missing some really handy characters at the moment (1* Storm and Black Widow, for example) which help a lot when you're at your stage of the game. Also, todays Deadpool Daily is Mohawk so you MIGHT be able to push into that and get more iso and another mohawk cover if you're lucky.
    There's still some time left on the Gauntlet - take a bit of it to bulk up Ironman and Hawkeye because right now they're the ones you have fully covered.
    I hope this helps a little?
  • even though he tried to be constructive, which is nice, i will be blunt:

sim 35 is PX/LC/Fury, right?

be happy and proud that u managed to get that far, but i think this is the end of gauntlet for u.
    id say redo the sims from the beginning and try to get all four rewards from every node, that would benefit u MUCH MUCH more
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    even though he tried to be constructive, which is nice, i will be blunt:

be happy and proud that u managed to get that far, but i think this is the end of gauntlet for u.
    id say redo the sims from the beginning and try to get all four rewards from every node, that would benefit u MUCH MUCH more

Seriously. I didn't make it anywhere near that far when I had a roster like yours. Good job. Keep trying if you want to try to get lucky, but don't beat yourself up about it if your run stops there.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    meekersX wrote:
    I think I did it with 2* Storm, 2* Magneto, and 2* Hawkeye. Only boosted B/P. Used my initial Wind Storm stun to stop The Hood stealing; the second and subsequent ones were used on Thor. Killed The Hood > Star-Lord > Thor. Keep Thor perma-stunned. Star-Lord isn't very dangerous by himself, especially as you can match away all his abilities. Make sure to match 5 for Hawkeye's Speed Shot with Magneto's Polarity Shift as the damage is essential to chew through their health pools. You'll still need a somewhat favorable board, but it should be doable.

I took a similar approach, swapping in Rags for Hawkeye since he's my only character with a 10K health pool. I don't think I even stunned Hood since a favorable board got me an early blue match 5 and an early Polarity Shift, so the stuns to Star Lord and Thor were enough to down Hood. Particularly since she's boosted, I can't envision any 2-star team getting past this without Storm.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used a whales TU on one node, but otherwise was able to plow through to get my first purpleflag.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png cover. The new MNMagneto with Storm, as others have said, is still really solid, even if it lost something in the change. At some point every node was a case of going through multiple team-wipes until fortune smiled on me (scaling on this event makes no sense to me, as some nodes raised 2-3 levels when they soundly defeated my squad, but dropped 5+ nodes after I beat them--who knows?). There's still two days to get past Hulk/Dino/Thor to get Squirrel Girl's essentials, but even if I don't make it there it's been my best Gauntlet to date. Thanks to everyone posting team advice for 2star rosters.
    _xdrew wrote:
    Stuck on Sim 35 fairly new player with 12 days in. Can anyone help?

My Roster:

dearbluey wrote:
    This is a tough one. You have a very limited roster at the moment, and I can't even imagine what level enemies you're facing with that.
    This is going to sound like odd advice, but I'd recommend perhaps going back into the prologue stories and beating down as many missions as you can there. Get ISO there, in the Lightning Rounds (even if you don't place well, they're great for ISO) and see what covers you can collect from there too.
    You're missing some really handy characters at the moment (1* Storm and Black Widow, for example) which help a lot when you're at your stage of the game. Also, todays Deadpool Daily is Mohawk so you MIGHT be able to push into that and get more iso and another mohawk cover if you're lucky.
    There's still some time left on the Gauntlet - take a bit of it to bulk up Ironman and Hawkeye because right now they're the ones you have fully covered.
    I hope this helps a little?
    even though he tried to be constructive, which is nice, i will be blunt:

I would echo what is said here, but one thing I would add that even though you have several 2- and 3-star characters, it will not be a waste for you to level up a 1-star team. A fully-leveled 1-star roster can comfortably clear the "That Guy From That Place" and "Under The Sea" nodes in the Deadpool Daily (I actually have maxed 1-star IM, mBW & Storm so that I can do those two nodes without requiring additional healing/health packs to tackle other nodes/events, even though I have several maxed 2-star characters). Even if you can't do the other DDQ nodes, yet, 500 iso8.png and a 2-star token every day will really do wonders for your 1-->2-star transition.

Otherwise, you made it impressively far in this event. With some luck, you may be able to go further, but I agree with the other two people I cited that your time might be better spend redoing earlier nodes in the event for iso & tokens.
  • dswan3rd
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm currently sitting on Node 41 Dino/Hulk/Thoress and will happily "whale" it in my quest for the Blade Green, but have a couple of questions:

1. Are the SG essentials remotely possible with a 1/2/0 SG on my roster?
    2. If not, I guess I throw everything except whales at 41 to save them for the essentials?
    3. I assume it'll take a "good" board, and I think I read that someone did it way back on page 1, but is the final (XF/DP/ProfX) trio Stormneto-able?

Thanks!

EDIT: Whaled 41 without even trying an alternative method - the gargantuan health pools just seemed like a no-go, then WALKED through 42 with Rags/Storm/MNMags - took out XF first and was literally debating on which power to use to kill Prof. X and DP - went with a pair of Thunderclaps. Having said that, the first SG essential looks FILTHY.
  • Can anyone tell me how many points the 3 SG challenges will give me?

essential 16 i can see is 320.
    but i don't know the other 2.
    I don't want to have to sell a character to make room for Squirrel girl if its only gonna get me some iso or something.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dswan3rd wrote:
    I'm currently sitting on Node 41 Dino/Hulk/Thoress and will happily "whale" it in my quest for the Blade Green, but have a couple of questions:

1. Are the SG essentials remotely possible with a 1/2/0 SG on my roster?
    2. If not, I guess I throw everything except whales at 41 to save them for the essentials?
    3. I assume it'll take a "good" board, and I think I read that someone did it way back on page 1, but is the final (XF/DP/ProfX) trio Stormneto-able?

Thanks!

EDIT: Whaled 41 without even trying an alternative method - the gargantuan health pools just seemed like a no-go, then WALKED through 42 with Rags/Storm/MNMags - took out XF first and was literally debating on which power to use to kill Prof. X and DP - went with a pair of Thunderclaps. Having said that, the first SG essential looks FILTHY.

Yeah I'm stuck on 41. I keep trying to go with CStorm + MNMags + Anyone remotely beefy, but the best I've been able to do is drop Hulk and get 4hor down to a couple thousand. Meanwhile, Devil Dino eats my face.

I do have a single Whales TU, though I need to make sure I have a full alottment of DP points to make sure it drops them all. I also have a 1* Widow's Sting that may help?

What team did you use for this?
  • dswan3rd
    Options
    Yeah I'm stuck on 41. I keep trying to go with CStorm + MNMags + Anyone remotely beefy, but the best I've been able to do is drop Hulk and get 4hor down to a couple thousand. Meanwhile, Devil Dino eats my face.

I do have a single Whales TU, though I need to make sure I have a full alottment of DP points to make sure it drops them all. I also have a 1* Widow's Sting that may help?

What team did you use for this?

I used Spidey (really anyone with a purple that was a higher level than my DP to tank for him), DP, and Blade. +3 to Blue/Purple and +3 to all colors, caught a lucky match 5 early on and was able to call "whales" before the enemy made a move at all (even a Dino prehistoric arms). If you have Deadpool and have been using him semi-regularly (at least 3-5 times a week), you probably have more than enough for an insta-kill (28K DP points). I got a DP redflag.png cover from his first PVE and by the time I got his purpleflag.png cover, I had enough for 3 or 4 insta-kills.

The Widow's Sting would definitely let you pound away at Hulk without triggering Anger - the overall non-whales (for someone with a mainly 2* roster) approach seems to be gather as much blue through abilities and boosts (and a friendly board) as possible, then stun away with Storm.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    Options
    After actually trying with a couple of teams, I just used whoever was left that would survive long enough to gather the TU tiles to drop a Whale bomb. Absolutely hilarious icon_lol.gif

You did however get me lulled into a false sense of security over the final fight. I went in with Hulk, C. Storm, MNMags, boosted b/p and +3 all colors so I could get a Polarity shift off ASAP. Got the purple, but ZERO blue on the board. Next round they get a match 5 and Chuck nukes Mags with his blue.

The End.