Comments

• Man_Thing
    Man_Thing Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Peej13 wrote:
    How. The. Hell. Do. I. Beat. 37?

Hulk can get angry off the attack tile, if not apply patch

Thanks raisinbman! Hulk + Patch + Black Panther got the job done. Much appreciated.

Any advice for #39? I'm looking at Red Magneto/Cyclops/X-force, all at level 299. Can't use Hulk/Patch, X-Force or Storm/Magneto. I also don't know how many whales I have in the chute, but I'm trying to save them for the essential nodes b/c my Ragnarok & Squirrel Girl are seriously under-covered & under-leveled.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Man-Thing wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Peej13 wrote:

Thanks raisinbman! Hulk + Patch + Black Panther got the job done. Much appreciated.

Any advice for #39? I'm looking at Red Magneto/Cyclops/X-force, all at level 299. Can't use Hulk/Patch, X-Force or Storm/Magneto. I also don't know how many whales I have in the chute, but I'm trying to save them for the essential nodes b/c my Ragnarok & Squirrel Girl are seriously under-covered & under-leveled.
    Ditto though mine are only 163/164 since I'm still running a **** 2* roster.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    Completed the second and third subs, with only the very first set of essentials (1,2,3) left to do in the first. Winfinite definitely pulled their weight before they got nerfed in the last sub - matches were longish, but there was almost never any chance of me losing, even against 15-20k health enemies towards the end when they creeped up towards level 300.

Only had to whales one node, think it was the one with cMags/Xforce/?, couldn't winfinite/stormneto and was trying to finish the last few nodes before the nerfs hit. Very impressed with how fast some other people managed it though - looked at the top placing in the third sub when I entered and at least the top 10 had all finished already (think I remember camichan?). Kudos for beating it so quickly!
  • Until node 37 this was a whole lot of fun, but that node is plain awful.
    I like tough levels, but IF grinds you down way too fast with his ~750 strength attack tile.

I do have a pretty good roster, but 750 damage (+ any other damage) per turn is a LOT.
    I might be able to get enough AP fast enough if I get my fifth black cover for Hulk or 3 more yellow covers for Cap Marvel but thus far hulk bombing hasn't been enough.
    Or I can bring Spidey & Falcon, boost so I can stun and then aim for purple, yellow, blue and see how long I can last...
  • Picklechu
    Picklechu Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    39 is killing me too. Just tried to whale bomb it with my 70 Deadpool with 166 LDaken tanking purple. Got the last purple, Cyclops blasts Daken which would kill him but I don't care...but who jumps in front of the blast. FFS Deadpool! Getting sick of this node now.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I git very lucky with 37. I used Loki, Hood and Classic Magneto. Lots of defense tiles to negate Iron Fist, a few Trickeries to negate Cage, and lots of AP drain. Loki went down and Hood only had a few hundred HP left.
  • Man-Thing wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Peej13 wrote:

Um, that node is tough tinykitty.

I just Whalebombed nodes 39-41

Let's break it down, shall we?:

-Can't let 3*Mag do anything because he'll shake the board and probably kill you. All his spells cost a reasonable amount of AP, and his yellow, even tho it's kinda sucky, does put a good amount of protect tiles on the board.

-Can't let X-Force do anything because he's X-Force - if you're lucky X-Force will do recovery instead of it going to Cyclops/Mag

-Can't let Cyclops do anything because he hurts ALOT. Not to mention Mutant Revolutionary will guarantee some hurt from Cyclops/Magneto next turn. His spells are reasonably priced so hard to deny him properly.

IN SUMMARY: There's really only 1 move you can allow the CPU to do(X-Force Recovery), everything else will probably kill you. I'd pull out my strongest characters and most degenerate combos because this match is tinykitty. Personally, I've been using alot of Thor(any) + Storm(any) as a semi-infinite(List of infinites: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25460&p=314418#p314418) since Magstorm was nerfed. If you can, might want to whale this.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Can someone list all the essential nodes? I don't have Ragnarok or Daken, and would really like to complete Alpine Tactics......is it worth trying for Ragnarok in a couple 10-packs?
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just won the biggest endurance match in MPQ ever: invisible L131 Xavier vs L280 Cage and Iron Fist, at 8500 and full 12k health respectively. No friendly strike or attack tiles on the board, and the only team-up left a L166 Call the Storm.

If you're wondering how long that takes: really, really long.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can someone list all the essential nodes? I don't have Ragnarok or Daken, and would really like to complete Alpine Tactics......is it worth trying for Ragnarok in a couple 10-packs?

Um, if you are going to buy a 10 pack, you're better off just buying the blade or daken cover you need
  • Can someone list all the essential nodes? I don't have Ragnarok or Daken, and would really like to complete Alpine Tactics......is it worth trying for Ragnarok in a couple 10-packs?

I haven't done any of the essential nodes yet, but I do have the first one of each branch open. It seems to be:
    Wilderness Survival
    Essentials 1-3: Ragnarok
    Essentials 4-6: Ragnarok

Alpine Tactics
    Essentials 7-9: Ragnarok
    Essentials 10-12: Daken

Global Domination
    Essentials 13-15: Ragnarok
    Essentials 16-18: Squirrel Girl

So Rags is needed on 12/18 essential nodes. It depends, then, how badly you want to finish up every node because chasing a Ragnarok cover is going to be a pain if you're just opening packs. An expensive pain.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    **WARNING PROFESSOR X IS ON SIM 35 WITH LUKE CAGE WARNING**

35 was super-duper bugged for me. At one point, Professor X started casting Psychic Convergence every turn. Even after Cage and Fury were down. Neither Cage nor Fury used a power other than Unbreakable the whole match. Now, this isn't really a complaint, because Convergence strike and attack tiles meant the Hulk was chewing up the board every turn, but still, I don't think it's supposed to be quite *that* passive.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:

I haven't done any of the essential nodes yet, but I do have the first one of each branch open. It seems to be:
    Wilderness Survival
    Essentials 1-3: Ragnarok
    Essentials 4-6: Ragnarok

Alpine Tactics
    Essentials 7-9: Ragnarok
    Essentials 10-12: Daken

Global Domination
    Essentials 13-15: Ragnarok
    Essentials 16-18: Squirrel Girl

So Rags is needed on 12/18 essential nodes. It depends, then, how badly you want to finish up every node because chasing a Ragnarok cover is going to be a pain if you're just opening packs. An expensive pain.

Not worth it. To get the Daken reward I need Daken. So stupid.
  • Not worth it. To get the Daken reward I need Daken. So stupid.

Kind of like getting a loan from the bank - you have to have money in order for them to think you're safe enough to loan money to. Or getting a job sometimes - they want experience but you can't get the experience if nobody hires you. icon_razz.gif
  • Got my Squirrel Girl yesterday. For anyone else for whom she is the priority - doing the nodes that unlock the first set of essentials, and then doing the first set of essentials, will get you exactly enough event points for Squirrel Girl. That way, you also avoid the nodes that people seem to be having the biggest problems with.

I'll probably hit the essentials on the first two subs, and maybe look at a few other nodes, but I'm mostly done with it now, I think.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Got my Squirrel Girl yesterday. For anyone else for whom she is the priority - doing the nodes that unlock the first set of essentials, and then doing the first set of essentials, will get you exactly enough event points for Squirrel Girl. That way, you also avoid the nodes that people seem to be having the biggest problems with.

I'll probably hit the essentials on the first two subs, and maybe look at a few other nodes, but I'm mostly done with it now, I think.

All I really was wanting was SG from the third sub, but I was also hoping that I could push through to the end of the main lines before doing the essentials. That way the scaling would be a shade more forgiving. This, it seems, was a mistake. I'm up to node 40 and ouch, ouch, ouch. Looks like I should do those essentials first after all. icon_e_smile.gif
  • ok, after 160 days, this may be the first gauntlet i finish:

i am on the very last essential (18), did beat everything else, and i REEEEALLY wanna have dat green blade.

how to beat? what to do? i have fully covered XF and hood, alas not nearly at max lvl. i dont have 28k for deadpool neither.

GO!
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is the first gauntlet I care about for the same reason many noted above, Squirrel Girl! Letting Hot Shot hang a bit (don't have 3 star Daken or room for him). Currently stuck on 34, wish me luck!
  • In an awesome stroke of luck, I managed to snag myself a Daken cover from the Gauntlet token in the second sub about two nodes from his essential nodes - so it looks as if instead of none, I'll get 2 of his covers out of this. I'll push through to Squirrel Girl if I can, but I doubt I'll make it all the way to the Blade cover.
  • Two nodes away from blade, might go back and finish essentials from first two subs after that.