Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Options

Comments

• Everyone, please read this before you sell mags and everyone that was nerfed!

Expect each of them to be in the Heroic event coming up. How else are you going to test all of the changes against high level opponents? icon_e_biggrin.gif

One, even if you're kidding, I'm expecting a Ragnarok PvP soon. It's been a while and pretty sure other characters that were updated had their run shortly after. I'm waiting to sell my Rags until after the inevitable.

Overall, while I agree with most of your points, I'm selling Rags and Mags for sure, and will probably keep the other 3. I'm also keeping every Mags cover between now and sale end. HP is the hardest resource to acquire, so having a short term Iso->HP battery is not something I plan on passing up, especially for characters I barely use to begin with.

Rags is awesome in pve!!! He used to be super annoying but now he's a pve doormat lol. He super sucks!!
  • If anything this nerf/update makes XF even stronger. IF got a very tame "nerf" and still more than useable with XF to generate black, and now that Ragnarok creates green charged tiles, it makes Rag even easier to fight against. Which is easy after a 2nd turn surgical strike with IF, Rags strongest colour is green so you'll pick up those charged green easy peasy.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For IF they could have switched purple and green, (and switched the covers you had in them)

Sure you get more blacks for surgical strike but it uses 5 green AP from your x-force- and IF is still pretty good with BP and other black AP users
  • I'm curious to see how well CStorm/MMags/Rags will work together after this change.

As for all of you saying about how "now" all you're going to see is a wall of XForce in PVP, what have you been playing against? That's all I see after 650 or so in PVP; XForce/4hor/whoever.
  • Deathclaw
    Deathclaw Posts: 59
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Guess I 'gambled' and lost. I knew 4* Thor was really strong, almost X-Force strong. But I hoped and reasoned that 4*s are supposed to be strong, probably the strongest in the game since they're the rarest. X-Force has been chugging along unchanged since his fix. I've seen the 3*s get nerfed, but I figured even though Goddess was super strong, she wasn't game breaking, and even at tha tpower level I STILL used xforce more. Goddess is the first character I spent a good chunk of actual money to get covers for after I won a few in the opening PvE, barring one or two covers on some 3*s to finish them off back in the day, not just because shes strong, but to give me someone else to advance besides X-Force.

Looks like that was a mistake. She's still good, but not 15$ a cover good. I saw this going to 9 or 7 charged tiles, not five. Thats ridiculous. Its now a stun ability, not a charged tile ability. Its definitely not the "gathering storm", its the "looks like rain". I'm not quitting, i'm not selling 4* Thor, i'm just never, ever, spending HP on covers again. Absolutely no character is safe. MN Mags has been around forever, but they nerfed him because of Mystique. So a balanced support character was made worse not because of any unbalance, but a new created unbalance. Its too risky, and covers are too expensive.

Lesson learned.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am begining to come around to the 4hor changes. I had a great conversation with Miles, the question comes down to how much is AP really worth? You spend 9AP to get charged tile, if you can match 3 blue with a charged one, you just got 5 back. That is a difficult question to answer, and as I was told, Smite and Power Surge just happened to work together, that doesn't mean they were intended to.

If this is a preemptive change for a slow but steady increase of charged tile creators, the reduction may not be as bad as intially thought.

As for MnMags, people have to realize how powerful color placing tile skills are and why you haven't seen that since BWGS and MnMags and C.Mags, random color changing tiles yes, but placing are extremely powerful when you truly see what the skill can do.

I think it's safe to say that an X-Force nerf will be coming down the pipeline probably sooner rather than later, but if we start to get more Rag like characters who create charged tiles, then 4hor's Smite may be getting stronger in the near future.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    if we start to get more Rag like characters who create charged tiles, then 4hor's Smite may be getting stronger in the near future.
    I don't think it's a coincidence that they specifically made Rags not compatible with GT, since they both use blue to generate charged tiles. It's not like red/green/blue is a common color set, so it's pretty clear they had "don't help GT" in mind. So no, I don't expect Smite to be getting any help in the near future.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like everyone to please keep in mind, these changes are still over a week away. If we, the players, present our arguments in a well reasoned, logical, polite manner, D3 will be more likely to listen. There is still plenty of time for them to make changes.

Complaining, fussin', and cussin' will only get a person so far. I understand that people are upset, and understand why. I also agree with a lot of what has been said. (not all, but quite a bit of it). Having never used Mysty Mags combo, I'm not in a position to comment on that one. But the Mags C.Storm combo helped me immensely back when I was in 2* land. In fact, I've used it once or twice in the DDQ. This will really hurt 2* players.

As for Iron Fist, I personally think that one is okay. Some players, (not all, but some) are just upset because it came with no warning. As soon as it was decided he needed a rework, which was probably around, or maybe just before, his release, there could have been an announcement saying something like: "We at D3 will be looking at IF over the next week to see how his purple affects game play. Any changes we decide to make will be announced soon. Thank you". Had something like that been done, half the complaints about him would not even exist.

As for Thorette..... this is one that I'm not sure about. I tend to agree with most others, it should be around 8 charge tiles. 12 is too many, 5 is too few. Split the difference and round down to 8. Everyone's happy. Unless there was a very good reason behind making it so low. Like for example, a new upcoming character icon_e_wink.gificon_e_wink.gif . Let's just call him Remy for the sake of time. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_wink.gif . Let's say Remy has a charge tile ability as well. If he makes a bunch, and was used with Thorette, they could really do some damage. Maybe dropping Thorette's charge tiles down to 5 was D3's way of getting ready for old Remy to join the party.

Now, on Ragnarok. Players have been asking for 2 power characters to get a 3rd ability. It may not be one they like, but it's something. IMO, they didn't nerf or buff him, they just made Ragnarok a completely different character than what he was. How good or bad he is will be better determined after I've had a chance to get his blue and use him. Then I'll decide.

Which is another problem completely. What happens when Juggs, Venom, and Bullseye get 3rd abilities? With out powerful characters and combos, how are we supposed to combat 300+ level opponents? PvE will become literally impossible. They are hard enough to defeat as is. After these changes, how do we stand against 350 Juggs, 350 Ares, 350 Daken?

Now, suggestion for the Devs:
    Maybe someone at D3 could use the QA server and set up a match like this. Use all characters as they will be after these changes and put yourself against 350 Ares, Juggs, and Daken. And no cheating by giving yourself anything you want. Use the characters the way you would if you were a regular player.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I think it's safe to say that an X-Force nerf will be coming down the pipeline probably sooner rather than later, but if we start to get more Rag like characters who create charged tiles, then 4hor's Smite may be getting stronger in the near future.

This is the ace in the hole to me. The nerf really just killed her own charge generation. If someone else comes along and generates charges, passive or otherwise, it'll put her back up in lofty status.

XForce nerf, to me, is not going to happen unless XForce-Fist: A) dominates play B) is noticeably faster than other combos. I think it will require extreme outliers to whatever model they use to see something happen.

Random sidenote/history question: Is Rags the first character to be addressed twice?
  • This is the first time I have taken to the forums only because customer support insists developers only check feedback here. As a paying customer I have to make some points regarding the deceitful practices of D3. You will never get 1 cent from me ever again first off. I have already taken my issues up with Google and they are investigating. Judging by the massive amounts of refunds requests google and apple will be dealing with I hope an investigation will be launched into the practices of this company. YOU are fully aware of how imbalanced characters are when they are launched. You gain as much as possible financially and then bring them back to reality once you have benefited as much as possible financially. Its one thing when you do it with 3* characters, but these 4* characters cost some players hundreds to max. I don't care what your EULA says you are stealing from people. What prevents your company from beta testing characters for 1 month and having testers tell you prior to release how imbalanced the characters are? That would hurt your company to much financially correct? What your doing is blatantly stealing and misleading consumers. Its almost as if you go and buy a Mercedes and then 3 months later its taken away and replaced with a used kia. The right thing to do would be to compensate everyone every bit of HP and ISO they spent for her covers and leveling her. Congratulations on losing a paying customer forever and likely thousands of others as well.

THE NUMBER ONE POINT is you are intentionally bringing out these overpowered characters and cashing in. This is ok, but don't make that character useless after you have cashed in. Either you do ABSOLUTELY NO beta testing prior to releasing these characters, or you are fully aware that you are screwing paying customers over. Any idiot could have told you upon release of 4* thor she was overpowered. Why wait 3 months to change? I can only hope you karma serves you all well for being deceptive and careless about the money others earn and spent.
  • Random sidenote/history question: Is Rags the first character to be addressed twice?

Loki's been addressed twice. Black Panther, too.
  • Now that I've had some time to think, I'm NEVER going to buy covers. And I will NEVER invest in just one character because they might nerf it. I will just level everyone equally.
    Well, at least MNMags opens up a new slot for me. No reason to keep him now.

Sad but true...I'm hoping maybe he'll have some synergy with new Rag but it's sad really....

This patch is so stupid....they nerfed everything without buffing anything. They ruined 3 characters.
    I would like everyone to please keep in mind, these changes are still over a week away. If we, the players, present our arguments in a well reasoned, logical, polite manner, D3 will be more likely to listen. There is still plenty of time for them to make changes.

Complaining, fussin', and cussin' will only get a person so far. I understand that people are upset, and understand why. I also agree with a lot of what has been said. (not all, but quite a bit of it). Having never used Mysty Mags combo, I'm not in a position to comment on that one. But the Mags C.Storm combo helped me immensely back when I was in 2* land. In fact, I've used it once or twice in the DDQ. This will really hurt 2* players.

As for Iron Fist, I personally think that one is okay. Some players, (not all, but some) are just upset because it came with no warning. As soon as it was decided he needed a rework, which was probably around, or maybe just before, his release, there could have been an announcement saying something like: "We at D3 will be looking at IF over the next week to see how his purple affects game play. Any changes we decide to make will be announced soon. Thank you". Had something like that been done, half the complaints about him would not even exist.

As for Thorette..... this is one that I'm not sure about. I tend to agree with most others, it should be around 8 charge tiles. 12 is too many, 5 is too few. Split the difference and round down to 8. Everyone's happy. Unless there was a very good reason behind making it so low. Like for example, a new upcoming character icon_e_wink.gificon_e_wink.gif . Let's just call him Remy for the sake of time. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_wink.gif . Let's say Remy has a charge tile ability as well. If he makes a bunch, and was used with Thorette, they could really do some damage. Maybe dropping Thorette's charge tiles down to 5 was D3's way of getting ready for old Remy to join the party.

Now, on Ragnarok. Players have been asking for 2 power characters to get a 3rd ability. It may not be one they like, but it's something. IMO, they didn't nerf or buff him, they just made Ragnarok a completely different character than what he was. How good or bad he is will be better determined after I've had a chance to get his blue and use him. Then I'll decide.

Which is another problem completely. What happens when Juggs, Venom, and Bullseye get 3rd abilities? With out powerful characters and combos, how are we supposed to combat 300+ level opponents? PvE will become literally impossible. They are hard enough to defeat as is. After these changes, how do we stand against 350 Juggs, 350 Ares, 350 Daken?

Maybe someone at D3 could use the QA server and set up a match like this. Use all characters as they will be after these changes and put yourself against 350 Ares, Juggs, and Daken. And no cheating by giving yourself anything you want. Use the characters the way you would if you were a regular player.

Ok here's my polite complaint:
    -nerfing magneto for no reason hurts 2* players unbelievably, and now he's useless
    -new ragnarok sucks(is 'sucks' polite?)
    -4*Thor didn't need a nerf
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Right now I am starting to think that they have deliberately stolen from us, at least in the 4hor case. Nerfing the ability from 12 to 5 ? **** ? There is no way in the world that they should have not known that she was going to do 12000 hps with the combo, and now, after this nerf she just can do 7000 after spending 19AP !!! They are completly stupid or this was made on purpose, to make people buy 4hor covers and then nerf her into oblivion. And remember a 4* cover is more or less 15$ !!!

If there was a mistake made, she should have been nerfed right away, not after 4 months, when A LOT of people has spend money into her. And she is not breaking the game the same way Spidey, CMags or Sentry did, she was really good but she did not breake the game.

I don't know If there are any lawyer in this forum, but I am starting to think that maybe we need one icon_razz.gif

PS: Maybe we should contact Marvel and explain to them how these people is using their franchises to rip money from people.
    PS: Did I say that I am very upset?

@ Polares: Im lawyer and I can tell you you would win for certain. Buying HPs is trade agreement between you and developers, there are some conditions, which both parties agrees upon.
    When they change something, they need to ask you if you agree with that. If you don´t you can cancel previous contract.
    This is precisely that thing.
    You bought something, contract was made.
    They change something that bothers you, you have right to get your money back.
    Simple as that.

(I´m really sorry for my english, but I hope you have understood.)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phillipes wrote:

@ Polares: Im lawyer and I can tell you you would win for certain. Buying HPs is trade agreement between you and developers, there are some conditions, which both parties agrees upon.
    When they change something, they need to ask you if you agree with that. If you don´t you can cancel previous contract.
    Simple as that.

I won't pretend to be a lawyer, but the thing you bought (HP's) didn't change. Covers are bought with virtual currency, not actual currency, even if you can convert actual to virtual.

And I have no idea what laws there are about earning (rather than buying) virtual currency, but have to guess that trying to recoup HP earned from a PvE event that was used to buy a virtual cover isn't something that a judge is going to want contested in an actual court.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Now that I've had some time to think, I'm NEVER going to buy covers. And I will NEVER invest in just one character because they might nerf it. I will just level everyone equally.

Sad but true...I'm hoping maybe he'll have some synergy with new Rag but it's sad really....

This patch is so stupid....they nerfed everything without buffing anything. They ruined 3 characters.

-nerfing magneto for no reason hurts 2* players unbelievably, and now he's useless

Real classy bro.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    [...]

The secrecy surrounding the Devs awareness of and dislike of game breaking character combinations bewilders me.
    Reading the two I highlighted in the same sentence made me chuckle.
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Random sidenote/history question: Is Rags the first character to be addressed twice?

Poor Storm. Come to think of it, the change to Lady Thor's blue is practically yet another nerf for her too.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    To answer any questions about whether or not D3 knows if a character is too powerful before release, I leave this:

2e639765de8370ccc4b625c65b587c7267f92fd5a3c063bd049ce500974ce119.jpg
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I think Spider-Man beats the record. He got a **** Purple skill. Then it got changed to protect tile creation. Then it got buffed. And then came the PermaStun nerf.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phillipes wrote:

Simple as that.

I won't pretend to be a lawyer, but the thing you bought (HP's) didn't change. Covers are bought with virtual currency, not actual currency, even if you can convert actual to virtual.

And I have no idea what laws there are about earning (rather than buying) virtual currency, but have to guess that trying to recoup HP earned from a PvE event that was used to buy a virtual cover isn't something that a judge is going to want contested in an actual court.

You are right. Thats why I was refering for HP purchased for one, specific reason (buying GT covers), and not to HPs that were won by playing.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Now that I've had some time to think, I'm NEVER going to buy covers. And I will NEVER invest in just one character because they might nerf it. I will just level everyone equally.

Real classy bro.

I don't know what you're insinuating. The mod asked for something and I gave it to them. My posts, when not humorous are meant to better the game. I addressed the state of the game at the beginning of the year. If you have some beef with me please let me know so I can put you on ignore and be done with it. Otherwise I'll just assume you're troll and the same result.