Army Of One -- New Event

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It didn't look like anyone in my bracket took off their shield before time ran out...not sure though because of course my shield ran out exactly ONE MINUTE before the event ended. So I the attack button until the "break shield" message stopped appearing and burned down my opponent as fast as I could. Not sure if it registered the win or if I got hit in that minute I was unshielded. Somehow I doubt both things but I won't feel it until I see that reward...

Edit to add: whew made it! if I only could have hit that 1000 progression point I would have been able to break even on shield costs too, oh well.
  • This is probably the worst PVP has ever been since I've been playing.

A complete joke and they better fix it. Because this is anti-fun.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    This is probably the worst PVP has ever been since I've been playing.

You actually enjoyed Divine Champions?
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I shielded at #5 this afternoon, then had a full day of family time. I sank to #14, about 90 points off #5. I in shielded at 10 til the end and quickly won 3 battles for 80 points. Didn't get attacked once, was in 6th at that point. Noticed I only had 1 minute left, quickly grabbed a 13-point battle, and started matching as fast as I could. Battle ended, I showed points credited, but round 2 was up. Waiting for rewards now to see if I made my yellow!

EDIT: Shoulda played faster. Finished #6. Oh well...yellows are easy in the PvE event. At least I got the red.
  • Koolbiird wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

That was $hit too, but I threw up a three hour shield on that one and just accepted my fate. I didn't really care about the prizes.
  • By the way, I missed most of the thread today. Is the current theory that you can't attack shielded players? I got attacked 3-4 times while shielded. I know at least one was a retaliation, but I'm not sure about the other few.
  • Koolbiird wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

Yeah, having to fight 3 boosted characters, some of which are the strongest/best in the game, isn't enjoyable for anyone.
  • Toxicadam wrote:

yeah. I put up a 24hr shield yesterday for first time and never played the rest of the tourney.. I had more amusement watching the leaderboard for the last few hours as people rose to 700 only to get crushed.. I barely cracked 900 for a heartbeat and seeing X wolvie at 2400 is a complete joke.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Koolbiird wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

That was $hit too, but I threw up a three hour shield on that one and just accepted my fate. I didn't really care about the prizes.

LOL I was about to say!
  • lol @ any of the people crying about this event compared to divine champions.

Guess we know which heroes you guys run icon_razz.gif
  • wathombe wrote:
    By the way, I missed most of the thread today. Is the current theory that you can't attack shielded players? I got attacked 3-4 times while shielded. I know at least one was a retaliation, but I'm not sure about the other few.

You can apparently be seen sometimes, but it's very rare compared to being unshielded. I did personally get attacked multiple times by the same person while shielded, and I also once hit somebody without their score changing (though this could be a display bug).
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    Koolbiird wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

Yeah, having to fight 3 boosted characters, some of which are the strongest/best in the game, isn't enjoyable for anyone.

I agree sir...
  • I won on a point total I reached about a day and a half before the end of the event in the middle of the night, every time 2nd would unshield they would get beat down, basically the zombie horde won this.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    noobpotato wrote:
    lol @ any of the people crying about this event compared to divine champions.

Guess we know which heroes you guys run icon_razz.gif
    Uh...people are complaining about the matchmaking system, not the boosted characters
  • I finished round 1 in 12th place p, but I didn't receive my rewards. Do you only get the at the end of the entire event?
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I started the tourney with 2 hours left. In an hour I was at 515 (only getting hit once). Normally, I would just throw up a shield and forget about the angst .. but I wanted to see how bad it was and I also thought I had a slim chance of bettering my position.

From there I started to make notes on how many attacks I got off. I was able to beat 16 people in the final 60 minutes (losing once and getting half the points on a second try). All for point totals ranging from 29-42. So, conservatively for about 32 points per. That means I earned roughly 496 points in that hour, but I still LOST 70 points overall to finish at 425 points (barely in the top 45).

The scoring is **** and goes completely against the dev's (Will?) wish for players to reach more rewards.

t and seeing X wolvie at 2400 is a complete joke.

They should be embarrassed to even have it up there.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Adrewc1103 wrote:
    I finished round 1 in 12th place p, but I didn't receive my rewards. Do you only get the at the end of the entire event?

The rewards take a long, long time to appear after the event is done. Used to take 5 mins, mow could take 20-30.
  • I'm actually excited for Round 2 of this one. I've got 3 IW yellow now after Round 1 (only 2 greens left to go) and only need one green Patch cover for my desired 5/3/5 build. Placing Top 45 without shields should be very doable. Ready to actually end up positive HP after a PvP event! Not to mention I'll earn a ton more ISO fending off the mob than I did behind shields in Round 1.
  • I'm actually excited for Round 2 of this one. I've got 3 IW yellow now after Round 1 (only 2 greens left to go) and only need one green Patch cover for my desired 5/3/5 build. Placing Top 45 without shields should be very doable. Ready to actually end up positive HP after a PvP event! Not to mention I'll earn a ton more ISO fending off the mob than I did behind shields in Round 1.

Same for me, I only need the one green Patch so it's time to play for fun/ISO building instead of worrying about shielding/timing and all that stuff.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Bucky76 wrote:
    Watching my bracket has been... funny yet sad...people trying to make final hour pushes only to get smashed backwards quickly. Making a run in the final hour is not the way anymore for pvp!
    Yeah, it's a little sad, watching this guy try to beat oversoul, he gets above for one refresh, and then he falls back again

EDIT: and how he's all the way at #7, sad

I saw that as well. I almost wanted to get hit a little bit so that he/she would be able to get #4 while I got #5. Almost. Welp, now I have my 3/3/5 Patch with a green and red cover ready to be either used or sold. I'm almost set on 5/3/5, but being able to just finish him now sounds kinda nice right now.