The Simulator - Mar 6 - 10

Options

Comments

• Oh man, screw Sim 4 on easy. Nothing but Whales every other turn.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    I agree with the people earlier who was finding out that nobody was playing this event. Was 190ish since I missed a few clears, did a clear at the end of sub 2 and started to grind down some of the easy nodes and am back within reach of top 50 (around 1-2k off). People really don't care about GSBW red/purple covers I guess!
  • Any recent update for slice information? Or are they all in mid range right now?
  • In the second sub, I literally only played 2 clears of the hard one, didn't touch it in the last 20 hours. I got top 5 in that one.

Could everyone else please keep that level of (in)activity when we get the next character release? icon_e_wink.gif
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    In the second sub, I literally only played 2 clears of the hard one, didn't touch it in the last 20 hours. I got top 5 in that one.

Could everyone else please keep that level of (in)activity when we get the next character release? icon_e_wink.gif

We are just recharging the batteries for the character release in the next event. I only done one clear of the first easy and hard sub so far. I will do another at the end of the second set for the ISO other than that there not much going for this event.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Man, this simulator event is rough on my health packs compared to other PvE events!
  • I did one node - the easiest one - in the third hard sub, and it got me ~21st place about 10 hours into the event. Almost 90% of the players hadn't completed a single node. I've been pushing in the easy subs for tokens (got top 2 in both, not that I got anything out of the tokens), but doing the bare minimum for top 50 in the hard, and I may do even less this time.
  • I still need Red Punisher, but have been extremely lazy nearing the end of sub2. Does anyone know the base points available for the hard and easy 3rd subs so I can decide if I should grind the next 38 hours?

Thanks.
  • inadreves1
    inadreves1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    I still need Red Punisher, but have been extremely lazy nearing the end of sub2. Does anyone know the base points available for the hard and easy 3rd subs so I can decide if I should grind the next 38 hours?

Thanks.

Normal 3432, and hard 6960.
    Be careful with Hard simulator, I usually clear these nodes twice, then the CPU level raises a lot (except esentials)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    At any rate the Simulator is a good example of why they do not have meaningful progression reward because a lot of people probably won't be able to hit even the Punisher cover, or at least it's dubious enough that you can't be sure right now and hence the preemptive complaining, and this is something I can hit about halfway through the event. If they added additional progression rewards that's meant to be more challenging at all that means is it would be pretty easy for me to hit, but will definitely be out of reach for people who thinks the Punisher cover is hard to get so it wouldn't solve anything, because I am not the guy that needs more progression covers.

That's a good point. I barely played Friday or Saturday (and that was more DDQ than this event) and will likely not do any better than the 25,000 pt hero token progression, unless there's some seriously unexpected rubber-banding. In my current bracket, however, I'm somehow in the top 300 at the moment. Now, maybe I just happened to be gifted the easiest bracket I've seen in at least two months, but between my personal bracket and what people on the boards are saying, I suspect that only a relatively small percentage of people will hit the Punisher progression this event (even if the percentage of people on the boards who do so is MUCH larger).
  • While it's true that many people won't get the final progression cover, they honestly have no one to blame for this, except themselves. The Punisher cover definitely doesn't require excessive grinding. It's possible to get more than 100k points if you're really going hard. Nobody will have a final score that's 10 times the last progression reward, like in other events, but I feel this is much more reasonable.
    The 3* PVP cover takes some actual work, why should the PVE cover be virtually free?
  • inadreves1 wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    I still need Red Punisher, but have been extremely lazy nearing the end of sub2. Does anyone know the base points available for the hard and easy 3rd subs so I can decide if I should grind the next 38 hours?

Thanks.

Be careful with Hard simulator, I usually clear these nodes twice, then the CPU level raises a lot (except esentials)

Thanks, slightly less than 3 full clears for Punisher, so should be doable. Appreciate the info
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    inadreves1 wrote:
    papa07 wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks, slightly less than 3 full clears for Punisher, so should be doable. Appreciate the info

Yeah I *might* be able to do 1 clear of the Hard, but it's going to use up a ton of boosts and health packs to do it.

I need 15K more points with 32 hours left to go, so I think I can pull it off. I will of course be asleep for one of those 8 hour chunks, so I'll lose some time/points there.

Having said that, I could use some advice on the Sentry/XF/Doom essential node. My Mororo is boosted to 238. Since she's essential I can't use C.Storm with MN Mags for Windstorm.

Beyond that my highest natural levels are Hulk (153), Hood (140), and Falcon (140), and then I start to get into Boosted Ares and OBW. I also have Lazy Thor at lvl 100 and the standard stable of 2*'s at 94.

Thoughts?
  • papa07 wrote:
    inadreves1 wrote:
    papa07 wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah I *might* be able to do 1 clear of the Hard, but it's going to use up a ton of boosts and health packs to do it.

I need 15K more points with 32 hours left to go, so I think I can pull it off. I will of course be asleep for one of those 8 hour chunks, so I'll lose some time/points there.

Having said that, I could use some advice on the Sentry/XF/Doom essential node. My Mororo is boosted to 238. Since she's essential I can't use C.Storm with MN Mags for Windstorm.

Beyond that my highest natural levels are Hulk (153), Hood (140), and Falcon (140), and then I start to get into Boosted Ares and OBW. I also have Lazy Thor at lvl 100 and the standard stable of 2*'s at 94.

Thoughts?

Run Falcon/Hood - start with Doom. Deny black, semi-deny purple. Next XF. Continue to deny black and red. clutter board with Bird Strike and Storm Black. If board is clutter, Sentry green is more useless than usual.

Only powers that can really hurt are Doom Purple and Black, XF Black and Green, Sentry Red.

That would be how I would play your roster
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Options
    Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: SUCCESS! And that was even with a couple of mis-steps (accidentally used Hood black once when I meant to use Storm's).

Still, that team and strategy worked very well. Thanks!!
  • Man what I wouldn't give for 2* storm to be usable on these essential nodes...

I don't see why that can't just be a thing, "Storm" essential means "Any Storm" and not exclusively 3*. Would be nice.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Man what I wouldn't give for 2* storm to be usable on these essential nodes...

I don't see why that can't just be a thing, "Storm" essential means "Any Storm" and not exclusively 3*. Would be nice.

Yeah, pretty much my Go To team when I'm way outclassed (read: most of the Hard nodes), is Hulk, MN Mags, C Storm + 3b/p boost.

That plus a high level Rage of the Panther Team Up helped me beat the last Hard node without losing much health at all. Of course I got a pretty good starting board as well.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love the Simulator. Not as repetitive as the others PvEs, and there is less reliance on a single team to win every match. You have to change things up a little bit.

I also think the difficulty is spot on. Some of the nodes are extremely difficult and you have to set up the right team and think when you are playing. It is much more similar to the Gauntlet in that respect. Honestly, if you can speed clear all of the nodes before the end of a sub it probably isn't hard enough.

I found a fun team out of necessity for the essentials with Storm with Classic Mags and Loki. Board shake in 5 different colors lets you generate a ton of AP and extra turns. If you work it right, you can combo for quite a while, and Mags packs some punch to down enemies so you're not waiting on match 3's to end games.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Man what I wouldn't give for 2* storm to be usable on these essential nodes...

It's so you'll really want essential characters like beast *kappa*
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    While it's true that many people won't get the final progression cover, they honestly have no one to blame for this, except themselves. The Punisher cover definitely doesn't require excessive grinding. It's possible to get more than 100k points if you're really going hard. Nobody will have a final score that's 10 times the last progression reward, like in other events, but I feel this is much more reasonable.
    The 3* PVP cover takes some actual work, why should the PVE cover be virtually free?

just cause you have a stronger team then others dont say if they dont make the 55k its the own fault. My highest non pumped player is 80 in the hard nods they start at 120 and the last one i attemped with 150.

a 3 team 150 vs 3 team of 70s to 80...ummm ya thats a far fight and i can easy make it to 55k

im getting the 50hp and then logging out til the next pve

did not play that much in round 2 pushing me from 80th to 170th. Played somewhat in this final round right now im 120. Then again im 19th in easy and 4th in hard yet it only pushes me up 50 ranks lol whatever like i said before

I know have no chance at 55k, and really dont care, going to push to try to remain in top 150 but doubt it