The Simulator - Mar 6 - 10

Options

Comments

• DrNitroman wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    This is a weird one, and nobody is trying.
    [...]
    Check, and those four nodes have me in 7th place in a full 200 person bracket that's been open at least a couple hours, 12 hours before the sub ends.

Also - trying to win with the worst team you can is seriously fun. I'm going to be doing that a lot in this one.
    It's a bit strange, yes.
    I missed a full refresh but after my last run today I'm in top 10 in easy and will be in top 10 in hard. I was wondering whether I was randomly placed in lazy subs or nobody's motivated by this Simulator?
    To be fair I won't try very hard myself because I'm not interested in the offered rewards icon_neutral.gif

Maybe most players are sitting, waiting for the next PvE that should reward a new character, a 4 star.png, if I understood well?

The subs are only size 200 as opposed to the usual 1000 so it's considerably easier to be in top X.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The subs are only size 200 as opposed to the usual 1000 so it's considerably easier to be in top X.
    Yep, I'm avare of that. Still, I keep thinking that at least 100 ppl should have been above me after I missed a refresh.
    But sure enough a tiny bracket decreases the probability to meet hardcore player(s) icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nobody is playing the Hard Sim, it seems. First in my Hard bracket is above 10k, 10th is around 4k
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Nobody is playing the Hard Sim, it seems. First in my Hard bracket is above 10k, 10th is around 4k
    There will be more cardpack.png tokens for the brave I guess... icon_lol.gif
  • Can someone tell me the placement's rewards for the sub-events please ? Are there HP to win ?

Because I don't care about GSBW or the Red Punisher but some extra HP from sub-events could help. icon_e_smile.gif
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    sk8-45 wrote:
    Can someone tell me the placement's rewards for the sub-events please ? Are there HP to win ?

Because I don't care about GSBW or the Red Punisher but some extra HP from sub-events could help. icon_e_smile.gif
    100 HP for 1-5
    50 HP for 6-10
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are your sub brackets of 200 the same people each time or do the sub brackets get refilled after each phase?
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Nobody is playing the Hard Sim, it seems. First in my Hard bracket is above 10k, 10th is around 4k
    I saw the same thing happen to my bracket in 1st sub. I only played once the nodes in the left trail for the ISO and I still managed to end up in top 100. After that I decided to drop the event and hopefully avoid any crazy scaling in the next event.

It didn't help my mood that yesterday night my PC screen failed and since it is the weekend, it will be some time before it gets fixed, if that is even possible. Now I have to work on a 14" older screen and I can't get used to it, so I resumed reading a book (The Alabaster Staff) which I had started reading 5-6 years ago!!! Yeah, impressive, I know.
  • Anyone have any advice for the fourth node of survival with Falcon and CMags. I have/had a full two star roster, and a few decent three stars, but no one with great board shake who's strong enough to stick through the battle. Sadly, I sold ** Cap. Marvel for ISO, but I don't think her red power would be that much help, and I don't have a good enough *** CM.
    I do OK on most of the other nodes except Cage/IF. Thanks for any suggestions!
  • Re: the Falcon/CMag node, I used OBW/Ares/Torch. Order of attack was Falcon, Cmag, and She-hulk. I prioritized taking purples early to use OBW's AP steal and to prevent Falcon getting off his annoying purple (followed inevitably by yellow). I had to be a bit careful with using Ares' green as it can fuel She-hulk's green (which isn't that scary, but can hamper you), but you could steal the green back or use HT's green instead.
  • I just wanna say F scaled Iron First. Jesus christ is that character ridiculously awful to play against
  • ark123 wrote:
    I just wanna say F scaled Iron First. Jesus christ is that character ridiculously awful to play against

No kidding. Even the Daken/Iron Fist/someone node in the easy sub was damn tough. When I think about that one in the hard sub... yikes
  • It's pretty funny when you're using Hulk against Iron Fist, getting an Anger every turn while his team is getting no special moves, but you're still getting spanked even though everything is going exactly as you planned because his attack tile just does so much damage.
  • ark123 wrote:
    I just wanna say F scaled Iron First. Jesus christ is that character ridiculously awful to play against

Im used to garbage nodes by the luminaries at d3 but this is the first tournament in my playing career i said - no thanks i dont need to waste my time with it. All for low rent prizes thankfully i dont need. I have enough 2 star covers and dont need 250 iso.
  • Seems like nobody is playing this event. I did one full pass on the first hard sub and picked over it out of boredom for the 500 Iso bonuses, so call it two more half passes. Took a nap and didn't play at all in the last 5 hours. Finished 2nd. Granted that's probably an extreme example of a slacker bracket that I lucked into, but still pretty crazy.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And did they really give the Thora/Cage/IF node ROTP as a Team-Up?!?!?

I was making excellent progress with a boosted Stormneto squad - had both Thoress and Cage stunned, a Blast Arrow counting down, and close to another Polarity Shift to lead into another Wind Storm...IF gets a cascade that destroys Hawkeye's CD tile and grabs a match-4 of TU tiles, calls ROTP and downs 2/3 of the squad...I think MNMags literally waved a white flag on screen...
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can someone please explain to me why C Mags is required for easy node, but Mod Mags is for hard node?
  • patrice789 wrote:
    Can someone please explain to me why C Mags is required for easy node, but Mod Mags is for hard node?
    Actually, you can use either Magneto in hard!

I was very surprised. Not sure if this was intentional.

So any Mags is essential. Even 2* rosters can hit this one (hard) up.
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    patrice789 wrote:
    Actually, you can use either Magneto in hard!

I was very surprised. Not sure if this was intentional.

So any Mags is essential. Even 2* rosters can hit this one (hard) up.

Huh, Interesting, I've been using OBW & 3* Cap with just Mod Mag just being there lol
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    patrice789 wrote:
    Last time I remember this happening was 2* Marvel launch in the Gauntlet. They fixed it rather quickly