The Simulator - Mar 6 - 10

Options

Comments

• slidecage wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    I'll happily throw my voice the other way. The prizes for placement are excellent. I don't need any of them, many people don't need any of them. The 1-2 prize is the least desired Goddess cover, so even competition for that shouldn't be too crazy.

I'll play whatever little or lot I want without a care for placement, get some ISO and HP maybe, and enjoy playing silly teams against other silly teams.

when was the last time you ever draw a cover for widow. I mean she is not even worth a slot just for 1 -2 covers. the only cover i got for her is on a daily reward.

Me personally? Not sure, I don't really keep track when it's a character I have fully covered. At this point, the only 3* in the game whose covers I need are Cyclops (1/5/5 - need 2 red), Squirrel Girl (4/5/2 - need 3 purple), and Iron Fist (2/3/4 - will be mostly done after PVP).
  • slidecage wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    I'll happily throw my voice the other way. The prizes for placement are excellent. I don't need any of them, many people don't need any of them. The 1-2 prize is the least desired Goddess cover, so even competition for that shouldn't be too crazy.

I'll play whatever little or lot I want without a care for placement, get some ISO and HP maybe, and enjoy playing silly teams against other silly teams.

when was the last time you ever draw a cover for widow. I mean she is not even worth a slot just for 1 -2 covers. the only cover i got for her is on a daily reward.

I have her at 5 greenflag.png but problem is she sucks and thor is better. Only way I ever see myself using her is for 5 purple(need covers tho) or if she gets buffed. Hell, I'm surprised this event is for a fixed/new character
  • raisinbman wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    j12601 wrote:

I have her at 5 greenflag.png but problem is she sucks and thor is better. Only way I ever see myself using her is for 5 purple(need covers tho) or if she gets buffed. Hell, I'm surprised this event is for a fixed/new character

When she's built with 5 green and 5 purple, she's pretty good in heroics. Not the best selling point, but not every character is going to be the best. She's slow but powerful.
  • I find GSBW great for PvE. Board destruction, excellent damage, and can set her own table. I mean, yeah, Thor's better, but that's more a function of Thor being really, really good than anything wrong with Widow. As noted, she has a high start-up, but Sniper's cascades often return a lot of AP, so it picks up speed once you fire it.

That said, roughly none of that is due to her red, which is the easiest cover here, so it's kinda meh even for new players. I was kind of hoping they had tweaked her red when rotating her out, since she' s the kind of old, niche character that they've been reworking.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So glad i dont need the 3* covers. Now have to decide if i should go for the 4hor cover...

It's a pity GSBW gets such short shrift. She's actually quite fun to play with when she gets 5 green and at least 3 purple especially since she will be boosted for next event. I remember when she was Essential in a Venom (or was it Jugs) Heroic. Sniper rifle was going off in every difficult node. Good times. A shame that roster slots are so prized now that we have no choice but to choose the 'best' 3* to keep or spend lots of moolah or be really smart about gaining and using HP.
  • I'm a collector. Good or Bad doesn't matter to me. All I know is it's a character I don't have to buy yet another roster slot for, and whose trio I still haven't completed. Gonna settle for as high as I can, maybe top 50 and start saving more HP for the inevitable curveball they'll throw next.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Haven't joined yet but 45,000 points seems like a lot* of points for the last progression.
    How many points does a full clear of the two subs net you?

*Compared to the usual "hit-3-refreshes-win-last-progress-reward" scores we 'be been getting lately.
  • Cool. 110th in easy. Top 30 in hard. Not even in top 200. You guys suck.
  • Cool. 110th in easy. Top 30 in hard. Not even in top 200. You guys suck.

If I remember the format correctly, the sub are of size 200 while the main is 1000, so that'd be 550th on easy and 150th on hard and not making top 200 doesn't sound terribly unusual.
  • Haven't joined yet but 45,000 points seems like a lot* of points for the last progression.
    How many points does a full clear of the two subs net you?

*Compared to the usual "hit-3-refreshes-win-last-progress-reward" scores we 'be been getting lately.

The points increase by either 33% or 50% (varies on the event, obviously can't verify yet) per sub, and it's usually been 50% in recent Simulator. Simulator historically has been relatively hard to hit the progression rewards, at least compared to the 'max progression reward is about 1/10 of the maximum score achieveable in this event' types.
  • j12601 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    j12601 wrote:

When she's built with 5 green and 5 purple, she's pretty good in heroics. Not the best selling point, but not every character is going to be the best. She's slow but powerful.

I basically agreed with you.
    I find GSBW great for PvE. Board destruction, excellent damage, and can set her own table. I mean, yeah, Thor's better, but that's more a function of Thor being really, really good than anything wrong with Widow. As noted, she has a high start-up, but Sniper's cascades often return a lot of AP, so it picks up speed once you fire it.

That said, roughly none of that is due to her red, which is the easiest cover here, so it's kinda meh even for new players. I was kind of hoping they had tweaked her red when rotating her out, since she' s the kind of old, niche character that they've been reworking.

I already have 3*Steve/Blade/OBW/Falcon so there's not much motivation for me to use GSBW.

Folks, honestly, I get it - GSBW has uses - its just other heroes outclass her by a mile. I've seen the tier lists, and I'm lucky enough to have more well-rounded characters better covered. I mean if GSBW is going to be the new Falcon/3*Storm in terms of "given-away-as-a-prize-for-every-event" I'm completely fine with that.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That Thora/Cage/Iron Fist node is nuts at high level.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:

Nice little preview for what we'll be facing in his pvp. Soon. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Can anyone confirm the essential characters?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    Can anyone confirm the essential characters?
    Punisher
  • Der_Lex wrote:

Tried it; got rocked. Won't do that again.

Iron fist feeding black to cage was enough to kill me. 4hor didn't even have to use any of her powers.
  • Roswulf
    Roswulf Posts: 87
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    So, newbs, now's your chance to grab the glory while the vets don't even bother trying to get the top progression cover. They even picked the least-desired 4* Thor cover.

On top of that, buffed OBW and Ares is 2/3 of the dream PvP boost line-up for a 2* roster (CStorm would be the third). This is as good a chance as any for early transition rosters to kick the tar out of harder nodes.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What 3* team would be good versus 4hor/Cage/Fist? I'm having alot of difficulty taking them down.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:

yeah having all your match damage negated AND getting kicked in the teeth for 400+ damage a turn for FREE right out of the gate is pretty nuts. i got crushed bad. that node aint worth doing for 400 points.
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm seeing slice end times an hour later for this event then previous PVEs. For me last slice ends at 1 am PST, normally for me PVE last slice ends at midnight, and PVP at 1 am. Could be because daylight savings is Sunday?