The Simulator - Mar 6 - 10

Options

Comments

• Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was just coming on to see if anyone else had noticed the magneto essential thing. Is this normal behaviour? I'm assuming not if it cannot be done on the normal side.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Really? I have C.mags required in both easy and hard simulator sub - just in hard I can switch him for his 2* counterpart.
  • Going from rank 220-something to 26 in one day.

If you want GSBW for some odd reason, I'd definitely put marginal effort into this event, lol.
  • fmftint wrote:
    patrice789 wrote:
    Can someone please explain to me why C Mags is required for easy node, but Mod Mags is for hard node?
    Last time I remember this happening was 2* Marvel launch in the Gauntlet. They fixed it rather quickly
    Looks like a coding error. For the current easy sub it says "Magneto (Classic) Ready!" while the hard sub says "Magneto Ready!", and that's the one that's allowing either. Someone probably just put the wrong flag on the essential. I seem to recall that once upon a time there was a Magneto PvP where you could use either and that seems to be what it's using instead.
  • Sooooooo... Magneto (Marvel Now) can play the Magneto Essentials nodes. This isn't the first time I've seen this for MNM either. Does it happen in any other events or for any other characters? HT maybe? I can't imagine that XF works for Wolverine essentials.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shame need the hero pts as mMags is more useful
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was just coming on to see if anyone else had noticed the magneto essential thing. Is this normal behaviour? I'm assuming not if it cannot be done on the normal side.
    It's not normal but with different tiers having characters of the same name it does happen. But since it's the weekend we likely won't see it fixed either.
  • That punisher reward seems unattainable Without grinding. They should have set it at 30-35k
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Going from rank 220-something to 26 in one day.

If you want GSBW for some odd reason, I'd definitely put marginal effort into this event, lol.

Whats wrong with GSBW? I ask because I am going for top 10 for the GSBW covers.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wow you know noone is playing (or dont have the needed people) when you only play the ess nods and end up 5th in your bracket. first round i was 56th easy-- 5th hard but overall i was 94th LOL whatever
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

theres nothing "wrong" with her, shes just a bit of a glass cannon and slow in going off. many people love her. its just that most long timers have her fully covered and dont need her. if you can make top 10 and get three covers, go for it. then you can play her and decide. gl.
  • Mavrek32 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

If you have access to these forums and the general internet as well as your alliance chat and see nothing wrong with her, then:
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Doesn't the time remaining on the token screen usually coincide with the end of the last slice or am I crazy? If the former, then what's up with the Sim token screen, and if the latter, nevermind. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Alchemist4 wrote:
    That punisher reward seems unattainable Without grinding. They should have set it at 30-35k
    There's still another set of 36 hour subs to go. It's not that bad. I'm at 35k already from what I would call reasonably casual play, considering I slept through the first sub ends and didn't grind them at all.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Late to the party, but the IF/Cage/4or node didn't give me too much trouble, granted I only did it maybe 2 times. And no, who needs AP boosts with these guys.

OoIm2Yal.png

7UsFC76l.png
    (damage is from the previous nodes mostly, although IF's tile did some damage)

I almost wish I could use any of the prizes this event since Sim might be my favourite PvE event because Gauntlet has the element of speedrunning to it now.

Some more screenshots under the spoiler tag.
    JkS1ctyl.png

cMags might be the poor man's 4or... but buffed cMags is unstoppable.

NdaQZCGl.png

Daredevil might be poor man's lazy Cap... or even poor man's cMags... but can they do what he can? icon_lol.gif

Y1F5byPl.png

Thanks to Nick Fury's bug on Demolition X-Force and Loki both died in one match, and Daredevil was left to finish a 4k Fury and a fully healthy 12k Captain Marvel by himself. And he did it!
  • thanos8587 wrote:
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

theres nothing "wrong" with her, shes just a bit of a glass cannon and slow in going off. many people love her. its just that most long timers have her fully covered and dont need her. if you can make top 10 and get three covers, go for it. then you can play her and decide. gl.

Ah, thanks. If I make top 10, currently rank4, GSBW will the first 3star I can push to 94. I'm excited and glad no one else is playing, lol.
  • This is awesome. Because people aren't taking this event seriously, I can just do essentials + whatever I please in the morning and not be kicked out of top 150. Blessed Shuma-Gorath.
  • Alchemist4 wrote:
    That punisher reward seems unattainable Without grinding. They should have set it at 30-35k

Generally rewards in this game are either set retardedly low, or retardedly high. One would think there would be a goldilocks score level set, but that would involve work outside of creative meetings about which terrible character to introduce.
    raisinbman wrote:
    This is awesome. Because people aren't taking this event seriously, I can just do essentials + whatever I please in the morning and not be kicked out of top 150. Blessed Shuma-Gorath.

It has nothing to do with not taking it seriously. It is either most people don't have the chops to even complete it, or they do, and it's so annoyingly over hard that they won't waste their time. Basically a shining example of the incompetence we see in this game.
  • Alchemist4 wrote:

Generally rewards in this game are either set retardedly low, or retardedly high. One would think there would be a goldilocks score level set, but that would involve work outside of creative meetings about which terrible character to introduce.

Yeah, it seems like they could use their vaunted metrics to figure out what % of people will get a given score, and when that % matches the % of covers they want to distribute, use that given score as the reward requirement. Then again, they probably have no clue how to use metrics besides finding what players spend HP on and jacking up the costs of that.
  • There's still a third round in Simulator left to go where values are probably double compared to what they're in the first round (I haven't been keeping track of points, but that's how it's been it's been in the past). I got the Punisher cover earlier today while doing every node exactly once every 8 hours plus one more clear on R1 at the end. While these nodes are pretty brutal to clear a total of 4 times, the essentials are usually at least somewhat possible for most players, and there's still one more round to go.

At any rate the Simulator is a good example of why they do not have meaningful progression reward because a lot of people probably won't be able to hit even the Punisher cover, or at least it's dubious enough that you can't be sure right now and hence the preemptive complaining, and this is something I can hit about halfway through the event. If they added additional progression rewards that's meant to be more challenging at all that means is it would be pretty easy for me to hit, but will definitely be out of reach for people who thinks the Punisher cover is hard to get so it wouldn't solve anything, because I am not the guy that needs more progression covers.