*** Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) ***

Comments

• Mavrek32 wrote:
    Without a 4*, how good is Cyclops in PvP?

Pretty good. I should update my guide: he's basically around Doom / Cage tier: he does plenty of damage and has enough relevant abilities to carry a team. 5/3/5 is best when you don't have 4*s to rely on, since that's his most versatile build.

Thanks for the response. Who would you pair him with? I'm not too concerned about defense as a transition-er, because I play in the last couple hours and see how high I can get before an event ends.
  • Mavrek32 wrote:

Pretty good. I should update my guide: he's basically around Doom / Cage tier: he does plenty of damage and has enough relevant abilities to carry a team. 5/3/5 is best when you don't have 4*s to rely on, since that's his most versatile build.
    Doom and Cage are not in the same tier. Cage is orders of magnitude better than doom.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    Mavrek32 wrote:

Doom and Cage are not in the same tier. Cage is orders of magnitude better than doom.

For a transitioner? I base the transitioner rankings off the format of 3* guy + 2* guy since that's the fairest way to judge a transitioners roster generally, who usually deals with a useless featured. Cage gets a lot better than Doom for an end-game roster, but when you're relying on your 3* for damage, I would take Doom + Ares over Cage + OBW any day. The main problem is Cage's best skill is yellow, but 2*s typically have yellow covered in Sunder / Thunder Strike so its hard to find a team for him. YMMV if you have a good 3* pairing for Cage, but the same can be said of a 3* pairing for Doom so eh.

Oh whoops, I guess I should say that my comment refers to the assumption that you don't have a core 3* team to work with. If you do, then Cage gets better assuming your other 3* can carry you damage wise.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Mavrek32 wrote:

For a transitioner? I base the transitioner rankings off the format of 3* guy + 2* guy since that's the fairest way to judge a transitioners roster generally, who usually deals with a useless featured. Cage gets a lot better than Doom for an end-game roster, but when you're relying on your 3* for damage, I would take Doom + Ares over Cage + OBW any day. The main problem is Cage's best skill is yellow, but 2*s typically have yellow covered in Sunder / Thunder Strike so its hard to find a team for him. YMMV if you have a good 3* pairing for Cage, but the same can be said of a 3* pairing for Doom so eh.

Oh whoops, I guess I should say that my comment refers to the assumption that you don't have a core 3* team to work with. If you do, then Cage gets better assuming your other 3* can carry you damage wise.

That makes sense. I have about 10 covers for both Patch and Loki, and 6 for Cage and Cyclops. I was thinking about buying a couple covers for Cyclops and Cage to get them in the 8-10 cover range so I could more consistently earn covers in PvP.
  • Just wanted to share this from my first Heroic run through with Cyclops. 5/3/5 build.

Screenshot_2015-03-21-01-54-19.png

Clearly he has enough board control with 3 covers to justify the extra damage of a 5/3/5. Next match he missed a tutile.png that was laughing at me due to the failed crit, but whatever, I took the 4 match and Optic Blasted the goon to death anyway.

I am kinda looking forward to trying New Magneto with Cyke and Patch. Yellow and Purple feed Red and Red feeds death.

If the 5 cover ability did all tutile.png -> redtile.png I'd probably be all for it, but the difference between 6 and 8 is just too marginal to justify for me. Especially in PvE where double casting yellowflag.png is pretty easy.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been thinking and after 4hor and the eventually Xforce nerf, IF and Cyclops could be a really really strong team. Two accelerator skills and extremly high damage skills.

What do you think? Could Cyclops be a better pair to IF than Luke Cage? I think that until you climb to 600 luke is better, but afterwards Cyclops is the perfect pair to shield hop..
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Can anyone with a L140 icon_cyclops.png tell me his yellowtile.png dmg? I want to keep it at 61 so Patch can tank for him. Thanks
  • mjh wrote:
    Can anyone with a L140 icon_cyclops.png tell me his yellowtile.png dmg? I want to keep it at 61 so Patch can tank for him. Thanks

Check the charts.

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... anny_X-Men)
    http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... ine_(Patch)
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Lerysh wrote:
    Just wanted to share this from my first Heroic run through with Cyclops. 5/3/5 build.

Clearly he has enough board control with 3 covers to justify the extra damage of a 5/3/5. Next match he missed a tutile.png that was laughing at me due to the failed crit, but whatever, I took the 4 match and Optic Blasted the goon to death anyway.

I am kinda looking forward to trying New Magneto with Cyke and Patch. Yellow and Purple feed Red and Red feeds death.

If the 5 cover ability did all tutile.png -> redtile.png I'd probably be all for it, but the difference between 6 and 8 is just too marginal to justify for me. Especially in PvE where double casting yellowflag.png is pretty easy.

Try him out with Daredevil, doom, xfw, and patch also will you? They strike me as prime candidates for friends of Cyke.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2015
    mjh wrote:

117 is the highest you can go for a primary to be tanked by a 166 third.

140 is the highest you can go for a primary to be tanked by a 166 secondary.

137 is the highest you can go for a secondary to be tanked by a 166 third.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    dkffiv wrote:
    mjh wrote:

mid 130's (136 or 138 or something) is for secondary to be tanked by a 166 third.
    Just a bit of nitpicking, sorry. icon_e_smile.gif
    I think because of the damned decimals, those thresholds go, in order you used, like this:
    141 (maybe 142, not sure)
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Kolence wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    mjh wrote:

mid 130's (136 or 138 or something) is for secondary to be tanked by a 166 third.
    Just a bit of nitpicking, sorry. icon_e_smile.gif
    I think because of the damned decimals, those thresholds go, in order you used, like this:
    141 (maybe 142, not sure)
    sorry but none of this helps me. I just need to know icon_cyclops.pngyellowtile.png L140
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    mjh wrote:
    sorry but none of this helps me. I just need to know icon_cyclops.pngyellowtile.png L140

At level 140, Cyclops will tank yellow over a maxed Patch.
    At level 139, Cyclops will be tanked for on yellow by a maxed Patch.
  • Kolence wrote:
    mjh wrote:

In other words, Cyclops' yellow at level 140 is technically 61, but due to decimal points, it will take priority over a character at level 166's third color of yellow, such as Patch's 61 in yellow.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    onimus wrote:
    Kolence wrote:
    mjh wrote:

In other words, Cyclops' yellow at level 140 is technically 61, but due to decimal points, it will take priority over a character at level 166's third color of yellow, such as Patch's 61 in yellow.

I don't think it's even decimals, I think it's if both numbers are equal the highest character with the highest priority in the highest position tanks the color.

In other words assuming same value on the tile

4*>3*>2*>1*

If they are in the same tier of *, and tile value is the same

Primary color>secondary color>tertiary color

If they are in the same tier and the same color value then roster position takes over

1>2>3

So because yellow is Cyclops 2ndary color and it's tied in value with Patch where yellow is his third color, it doesn't matter where you place Patch, Cyclops will tank it
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kolence wrote:
    mjh wrote:

** This information is for primary + secondary comparison, in the case of Cyclops and Patch it would be for who tanks red
    {
    At 140 Daredevil is 69 purple 61 blue 54 red.

166 Blade is 79 black, 70 purple, 61 green.

Pretty sure that at 141 DD will roll over to 70 purple and he'll tank it over Blade.
    }

I just leveled my Cyclops from 137 to 138:

137 is 68 red 60 yellow 53 black.
    138 is 68 red 61 yellow 53 black.

137 is therefore the threshold for a third to tank secondary. (Patch's yellow is his third and is 61 at 166. In the event of a tie the not-maxed character wins)
    Patch is green/red/yellow and Cyclops is red/yellow/black.

At 141+ Cyclops tanks yellow and red.
    At 138+ Cyclops tanks yellow.
    At 137 or lower Patch tanks both.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    So I figure this topic belongs here and I hope I'm correct, but what happened to icon_cyclops.png 's sound effects??? Didn't he used to yell when you used his blackflag.png ability? I swear he did. That was just a small reason I loved the ability, but I want it back. I used to feel like a beast using that power! I literally felt like he was destroying a mountain! So is there anyway to get that sound effect back? Cause what it is now is super lame. It's barely a sound. I hate it. It's not mountain destroying.
  • RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Just played to check and it's not just you. Don't play Cyke often enough to have noticed when it was removed, disappointing as I think he has one of the best set of animations in the game.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Nellyson wrote:
    I used to feel like a beast using that power!

You still feel like a icon_beast.png to me, Nelly.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    I was looking in the threads and couldn't find his ideal make up. NP hasn't updated recently do I thought to ask the forum.