*** Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) ***

11011121315

Comments

  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just want to reiterate...boosted his red and black are just STUPID...
    - Unreall
    this... I only recently filled his red out and got him to 140 - he was at 1/4/4 forever, now at 5/4/4 and damn that is strong. I always knew his black was crazy good but his red is right there too. and I have to say fist is his perfect partner. find a blue to go with them (daken/mags/grocket) and dang that is good.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Just want to reiterate...boosted his red and black are just STUPID...
    - Unreall
    this... I only recently filled his red out and got him to 140 - he was at 1/4/4 forever, now at 5/4/4 and damn that is strong. I always knew his black was crazy good but his red is right there too. and I have to say fist is his perfect partner. find a blue to go with them (daken/mags/grocket) and dang ythat is good.

    Hulk buster is a nice combo too. With cycs yellow and HB's blue you can turn the board red, as for red and black, I use Cy's red if I don't want to blow it all and it's enough and you can pick which black works best, throw in IF and red and black come quickly
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Hulk buster is a nice combo too.
    Now when you say something like that, the tone comes across as, "... and it'd be a real shame if anything were to happen to it... "
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_redface.gif
    simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Hulk buster is a nice combo too.
    Now when you say something like that, the tone comes across as, "... and it'd be a real shame if anything were to happen to it... "
  • I never realized just how rare black tiles could be until I started playing with Cyclops.

    Don't get me wrong, he's my new favorite character but unless I'm playing in waves most of the time I won't get to use his black ability before the match is over. He does make a pretty good feeder for red-users though and he's cleared a few dicey boards with yellow before.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    There are how many black feeders for Cyke? Mystique, Fist, Doom. Fist is the borked one but Mq/Doom are still nice.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    Just want to reiterate...boosted his red and black are just STUPID...
    - Unreall
    this... I only recently filled his red out and got him to 140 - he was at 1/4/4 forever, now at 5/4/4 and damn that is strong. I always knew his black was crazy good but his red is right there too. and I have to say fist is his perfect partner. find a blue to go with them (daken/mags/grocket) and dang that is good.
    We need to stop saying this. As it stands, Fist is a good partner for EVERYONE.
    - Unreall
  • TxMoose wrote:
    Just want to reiterate...boosted his red and black are just STUPID...
    - Unreall
    this... I only recently filled his red out and got him to 140 - he was at 1/4/4 forever, now at 5/4/4 and damn that is strong. I always knew his black was crazy good but his red is right there too. and I have to say fist is his perfect partner. find a blue to go with them (daken/mags/grocket) and dang that is good.
    We need to stop saying this. As it stands, Fist is a good partner for EVERYONE.
    - Unreall
    free mana is free mana
  • Does this guy seem to intentionally target your teammates special tiles? Seems more times than not, when I have a single sw countdown out and fire off a cyc red, it wipes the one row that disrupts our own side the most.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Has the most pointless/inconsequential backfire of any power in the game. It's like a joke the way the description is set up, "oh you'll get that extra 2,500 damage BUT you'll be stunned for...1 TURN!" What's even the point? I don't know what the decision making behind Cyclops was, why he's overpowered for a three star character as if they thought about making him a 4 star and then changed their mind at the last minute. But it's still the most laughable negative consequence for a power in the game.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh.

    There are plenty of times where there's a tonne of Red & Team Ups on the board and I'd love to Full Blast one target and the use Stupid Sexy Summers to create a beautiful cascade. And that 1 turn stun means I can't. It's a risk that there'll be enough extra red tiles on the board to get the full damage from FB after the cascade, so I really do have to make a choice.

    And if you don't think that "nothing could go wrong" by giving the AI "just one turn", then you haven't been playing this game.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    By one turn, do you mean no turn? Jesus.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    hot dog stand maybe?

    it's not any worse than any of the abilities that end the turn. why do those specific abilities end the turn? they aren't any better than other characters abilities that do the same, or even more that don't end the turn.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    ........wot?

    Full Blast is one of the top five most comic book accurate moves in this entire game.

    The only downside to the move is that he should yank his visor off in the animation ( "I WANT THIS THING OFF MY LAWN!" ), thus exerting all of his energy, which would leave him all but exhausted.

    And the same thing should happen whenever we get a 4* or 5* Storm. She should do some sort of global Ice Age like she has done in the comic books, which could easily put her into a deep sleep or coma.

    THAT'S why the stun is there......
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,028 Chairperson of the Boards
    Complaining about iso shortage, 5* RNG luck, scaling: perfectly understandable and reasonable

    Complaining about a conditional drawback that is nowhere near gamebreaking: perfectly laughable
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Complaining about iso shortage, 5* RNG luck, scaling: perfectly understandable and reasonable

    Complaining about a conditional drawback that is nowhere near gamebreaking: perfectly laughable

    It's a joke, not kingpin's finger don't take it so hard.

    It was never meant to be a complaint, I was just pointing out that it is the least negative effect of an attack with a negative effect in my game, calm down. If you want even MORE topics about those 3 issues, I'll be happy to oblige. Thanks for voicing your opinion.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    20three wrote:
    Has the most pointless/inconsequential backfire of any power in the game. It's like a joke the way the description is set up, "oh you'll get that extra 2,500 damage BUT you'll be stunned for...1 TURN!" What's even the point? I don't know what the decision making behind Cyclops was, why he's overpowered for a three star character as if they thought about making him a 4 star and then changed their mind at the last minute. But it's still the most laughable negative consequence for a power in the game.

    That is silly yes, but the real 'problem' of the ability is that you need a lot of red in the board, and yeah I know that the 'problem' gets solved with his yellow.

    I think it is a little bit like GG black, you need to wait a couple of turns for using it again! oh, and you could loose your glider after using it!, except devs added a yellow power to GG that fortifies the countdowns and basically neuters the disadvantage completely almost completely (you have one turn to match the tile). Those two abilities are quite similar, really strong with really inconsequential disadvantages.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    20three wrote:
    Has the most pointless/inconsequential backfire of any power in the game. It's like a joke the way the description is set up, "oh you'll get that extra 2,500 damage BUT you'll be stunned for...1 TURN!" What's even the point? I don't know what the decision making behind Cyclops was, why he's overpowered for a three star character as if they thought about making him a 4 star and then changed their mind at the last minute. But it's still the most laughable negative consequence for a power in the game.

    I hear trying this on 5* spider-man is pretty funny. For spider-man.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    20three wrote:
    Has the most pointless/inconsequential backfire of any power in the game. It's like a joke the way the description is set up, "oh you'll get that extra 2,500 damage BUT you'll be stunned for...1 TURN!" What's even the point? I don't know what the decision making behind Cyclops was, why he's overpowered for a three star character as if they thought about making him a 4 star and then changed their mind at the last minute. But it's still the most laughable negative consequence for a power in the game.

    I hear trying this on 5* spider-man is pretty funny. For spider-man.

    Yeah? It'd be even funnier facing a 5* spiderman, let alone one with that power, it would be even more hilarious if you chose to bring a 3 star to a fight with a fully covered 5 star and to add to the pile of side-splitting action, Spidey would probably take someone like daredevil with him to keep the ball rolling. lol xD
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:
    ........wot?

    Full Blast is one of the top five most comic book accurate moves in this entire game.

    The only downside to the move is that he should yank his visor off in the animation ( "I WANT THIS THING OFF MY LAWN!" ), thus exerting all of his energy, which would leave him all but exhausted.

    And the same thing should happen whenever we get a 4* or 5* Storm. She should do some sort of global Ice Age like she has done in the comic books, which could easily put her into a deep sleep or coma.

    THAT'S why the stun is there......
    What stun?
    When the AI uses it, Cyclops is back on the next turn.