**** Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw) ****

Options

Comments

• Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That purple doesn't seem to do much damage. Are those numbers right from the first page?
  • Sagirkedi93
    Sagirkedi93 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    That purple doesn't seem to do much damage. Are those numbers right from the first page?
    His purple so brutal when its using with strike tiles. İ use him with Nova.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

At max it is 4500+1500 AoE (that's 7500 or 750 dmg/AP), AND it can overwrite three tiles. It is not that bad, but probably it is his worst power.

He is now top tier for PvE. It is amazing in this Heroic Event, how easy he makes for Cyclops to fire his powers (Cyclops has always been fast, but with Starlord at his side it is amazing how fast he has become).
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    SL has been so good with 4Clops and Dr. Strange PVP, I've been using his red over 4Clops, simply because a 17K (boosted) punch for just 6AP is insane! You need 6 friendly CDs and at least 1 SL yellow tile, but it's relatively easy to achieve since all 3 of them can make CD tiles.
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Do goons no longer trigger Everyone With Me or is this another bug? Just played a match and his yellow never went off after multiple goon countdowns were placed (on separate turns)
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    trat73 wrote:
    Do goons no longer trigger Everyone With Me or is this another bug? Just played a match and his yellow never went off after multiple goon countdowns were placed (on separate turns)

Some goons (like snipers) actually have passives. It's confusing, but that's probably why you weren't seeing yellow getting triggered.
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    FoxInSox wrote:

Some goons (like snipers) actually have passives. It's confusing, but that's probably why you weren't seeing yellow getting triggered.

That's what it was. Thank you!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FoxInSox wrote:
    I just realized that in The Hulk event, when the Snipers weren't triggering Star Lord's yellow. I was hoping to get 2 off of everything right from the start of the match...but after I looked more closely, I realized that the Snipers Deadly Shot was a 0 AP ability...even though they generate green AP each turn. Weird, but oh well...
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Getting to overwrite enemy tiles of your choice is nothing to sneeze at either. The damage isn't bad at all, and the utility is fantastic.
  • Logia
    Logia Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So, am I crazy, or does his yellow still make enemy powers cost 2 AP more, despite it not being listed anywhere?

I have 100% seen it happen where I have the AP to fire 2 skills, but after firing the first the enemy star lord drops a yellow CD and I'm now short on firing the second power.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Logia wrote:
    So, am I crazy, or does his yellow still make enemy powers cost 2 AP more, despite it not being listed anywhere?

I have 100% seen it happen where I have the AP to fire 2 skills, but after firing the first the enemy star lord drops a yellow CD and I'm now short on firing the second power.

It's still like that and it's a bug, so it won't be listed in the power description. It is supposed to be fixed in the next patch I believe.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loving SL boosted. He works really well with IM40 and Ice.

Im using him in the current event a lot with OML and Strange 3 star. One question. Does his yellow NOT effect 5 star powers? I noticed that OML Black which costs 9 is 9 whatever amount of SL tiles are out.

When I guess it should be a few AP less.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Star-Lord's yellow doesn't affect black powers, even at 5 covers.
  • elrak82
    elrak82 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Has anybody noticed that when one of his yellow CD tiles disappears Starlord does random damage?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    elrak82 wrote:
    Has anybody noticed that when one of his yellow CD tiles disappears Starlord does random damage?

There's a bug right now where all expiring CDs do 1 damage (unless they'd normally do more). Plus strike tiles. There's multiple bug threads about it.
  • naps8906
    naps8906 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah, not sure what that -1 dmg was... btw, he is amazing with IM40 + Steve Rogers for goon nodes... Cake walk.
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    4/4/5 or 3/5/5?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    DalekGAF wrote:
    4/4/5 or 3/5/5?

I was about to say personal preference, but having written the whole post and thinking about it, I'd say 3/5/5 is probably better. The damage on Purple isn't great either way, so you're really using it to overwrite enemy tiles (if you're using it at all) which it does just as well at 3 covers vs 4, plus you'll get to use it more often (again, if you're using it at all) because it'll be 2 AP less a lot of the time with 5 yellow.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Essential.
    Reduces almost anyone's power costs (except black powers). Tons of CD's vs goons for AP gen and to benefit anyone who specializes in CD's. And he's yet another Guardian to play with you know who(m). 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    mexus said:
    How essential is this guy for someone that already have 30+ 4* champs?
    No one will be essential at this point. Just champ whoever is at 14 covers, and if there's somehow more than one of those, personal preference. Unless one of them is going to be the required 4* for the next event (and even then). I don't think you have much to gain at this point by prioritizing 4* champs.