**** Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw) ****

Options

Comments

• jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Assuming Peter still reduces purple, Star-Lord + Prof X + 3*BW is now the winfinite combo of choice. X can now be safely raised to level 271 if S-L is at level 272 or higher. If his purple turns tiles purple like it currently does, he will be able to make match-5s himself for 8 AP, getting 5 AP back from the tiles and 4 AP from X's passive, gaining 1 AP every time.
    I like it. But if you're using his purple to make match 5s, do we need BW?
    Good point. Who would you take instead? Switch to help get the purple train rolling, or maybe Mystique if your PX is higher than SL and generating blue to seed the board with lots of purple to maximize SL match-5 chances.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jobob wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Assuming Peter still reduces purple, Star-Lord + Prof X + 3*BW is now the winfinite combo of choice. X can now be safely raised to level 271 if S-L is at level 272 or higher. If his purple turns tiles purple like it currently does, he will be able to make match-5s himself for 8 AP, getting 5 AP back from the tiles and 4 AP from X's passive, gaining 1 AP every time.
    I like it. But if you're using his purple to make match 5s, do we need BW?
    Good point. Who would you take instead? Switch to help get the purple train rolling, or maybe Mystique if your PX is higher than SL and generating blue to seed the board with lots of purple to maximize SL match-5 chances.
    Defniitely SW... free purple and extra crits.
    I've tried Mystique with PX, and it's hard to like... a little slow, and really unreliable.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Defniitely SW... free purple and extra crits.
    I've tried Mystique with PX, and it's hard to like... a little slow, and really unreliable.
    I agree typically about Mystique being unreliable... but if you have a CD out that reduces the blue cost, AND you have SL getting to place purple, I think it could become much more reliable. She is just "priming the board" for SL so to speak.

The only reason I wouldn't say Switch is because (to me, anyway) it isn't a true Winfinite if it requires CD tiles to resolve. She gets the extra crits, but it's a one-and-done if you are trying to keep it rolling. SL's CD is a little different, because it's a constant effect as long as it's on the board (though with Mystique's random tile changes, there is a decent chance you'll destroy it).
  • simonsez
    Options
    jobob wrote:
    She gets the extra crits, but it's a one-and-done if you are trying to keep it rolling.
    For sure, but it's probably the best way to get it going quickly. Plus her green is good insurance if you end up needing an extra tile or two to keep things going.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In Winfinity I would forget about Switch and go with somebody who can nuke to finish the matches quicker. Iceman with green and blue (you will be getting that from all the match 5) would benefit a lot from the AP reduction. Or IM40 to get his red while also keep the ap generation. And probably many others.

He will also be a great companion to RHulk when he is boosted.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The helpshift has his 5/5/5 build. https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/mar ... -2016&l=en

Purple goes from 6424 target + 1451 others to 4653 + 1620. (but spread out, so can do partial instead of all or nothing)

Red goes from 6998 after 2 turns (hit or miss) to 2739 + 1157 per friendly CD. (9681 max)

Not really a game changer. He looks lethal against goons (his passive will boost his red), but if the enemy doesn't launch powers regularly (which will suck in its own right), then you need to double cast purple to do max red damage. Way too slow to be viable for PvP.
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    At nearly 10k for 6 ap much of the time, red looks like it will offer decent synergy with 4pool, antman, kingpin, war machine (sorta), loki, squirrel girl. One of goblins better 4* partners I'd think too now, even if he can't reduce black.
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    Looks like a 5/5/3 but hard to say without knowing what his red 3 damage will be.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    max5esq wrote:
    Looks like a 5/5/3 but hard to say without knowing what his red 3 damage will be.

Kind of depends who you run with, but 3/5/5 looks way better. For 10AP, his purple doesn't do much.
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    max5esq wrote:

Kind of depends who you run with, but 3/5/5 looks way better. For 10AP, his purple doesn't do much.

It appears to be able to take out any tile, so as long as your opponent is dropping something worth clearing (perhaps in PVP this might not always be the case) its a great power, also much of the time it will cost less then 10, if your opponent fired a power Like OML's black, you could clear those strike tiles right away for 8 and get some damage out of it. He is a support character, the red is only really good if you have countdown tiles out. If your opponent has fired off 2 powers and you have 2 countdown tiles and now the red costs 4 it is very powerful for that cost, but that means your opponent already got off 2 powers.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh. I just realized, the red doesn't mention placing a CD tile now. From the screenshot, it's just burst damage. No more cost increase to enemy now.
    Glad I'm at 13 covers. Guess I'll scrap the two DD covers and champ Starlord so I can switch between utility and power.

EDIT:
    max5esq wrote:
    It appears to be able to take out any tile, so as long as your opponent is dropping something worth clearing (perhaps in PVP this might not always be the case) its a great power, also much of the time it will cost less then 10, if your opponent fired a power Like OML's black, you could clear those strike tiles right away for 8 and get some damage out of it. He is a support character, the red is only really good if you have countdown tiles out. If your opponent has fired off 2 powers and you have 2 countdown tiles and now the red costs 4 it is very powerful for that cost, but that means your opponent already got off 2 powers.
    Nope. Wording is still, "While at least one of these is out." The cost reduction won't stack.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    max5esq wrote:
    It appears to be able to take out any tile, so as long as your opponent is dropping something worth clearing (perhaps in PVP this might not always be the case) its a great power, also much of the time it will cost less then 10, if your opponent fired a power Like OML's black, you could clear those strike tiles right away for 8 and get some damage out of it.

It's possible it covers fewer tiles at level 3, but you should have this utility with a 3/5/5 build, without needing to **** his most powerful attack.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you are using Quicksilver and have 4 locked tiles plus a Star-Lord yellow CD out, is QS green going to cost 3 AP? Wonder how that is coded.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bigsmooth wrote:
    If you are using Quicksilver and have 4 locked tiles plus a Star-Lord yellow CD out, is QS green going to cost 3 AP? Wonder how that is coded.

No, at least in the past they put a hard cap on Quicksilver so he can't go below 5 AP per move.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    bigsmooth wrote:

No, at least in the past they put a hard cap on Quicksilver so he can't go below 5 AP per move.
    Heh, if only huh? That damage from Fists of Fury is so massive per AP as it is (for a Rare) once you get the cost down.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sleight of hand is great, even though it's less damaging (assuming you don't have strikes out). 3 purple tiles anywhere you want can be used to crit farm (and generate more purple to keep doing it, ProfX says hello) or just boost Red's burst damage. Still it looks like his weakest power as yellow is just bonkers and red, well, as long as you team him with CD creators you will often get 1K damage/AP even on defense. I'm guessing 3/5/5 will be ideal.

Whittle down Peggy, or Kill Star-Lord first? Tough choice.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Purple CD damage is now 7893, or 789/AP, down from 933/AP -- but its secondary (or even primary) use as a match-5 maker should not be ignored.

Red damage goes up to a max of 9681, or 1210/AP (better than 4*Cyclops, 1185/AP). Between the passive and his purple, I don't think it will be that hard to hit 6 CDs on the board.

If costs are reduced by 2 AP, purple does 987/AP and red does 1613.5/AP.
  • simonsez
    Options
    If costs are reduced by 2 AP, purple does 987/AP and red does 1613.5/AP.
    I'm guessing you can't get both reduced by 2 with yellow at 3 covers...
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just finished leveling him yesterday and I will champion him today. The yellow is crazy, I am leaning towards the speed of his red but I think they both will be very solid. They have done a great job fixing him and Chulk, I hope they keep it up and don't pull another Vision like they did with the great rework of IM40 and Quicksilver. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    I revised his stats, please let me know if you have any questions or see anything that looks incorrect! Thank you.

icon_greengoblin.png Cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png