**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Comments

• Just got another cover for her from my daily heroic token reward. 2/3/3 now, so she's balanced...but she needs some work. Immediately. She's the only 4* that's not worthy of 4* status. Let's make it happen dev team!
  • muz1kman wrote:
    Just got another cover for her from my daily heroic token reward. 2/3/3 now, so she's balanced...but she needs some work. Immediately. She's the only 4* that's not worthy of 4* status. Let's make it happen dev team!

She's barely 2* range, seriously. I don't understand how they released her and thought she was going to make any kind of impact in the game.
  • Now that we have a wide array of 4* that are viable to play, is there any time line for fixing the embarrassment that is Invisible Woman. I'm assuming it would require a large overhaul and beta testing, but the bag lady need some loving at some point, right?
  • cooderness wrote:
    Now that we have a wide array of 4* that are viable to play, is there any time line for fixing the embarrassment that is Invisible Woman. I'm assuming it would require a large overhaul and beta testing, but the bag lady need some loving at some point, right?

I'm going to second this for a number of reasons:

SELFISH REASON: I have a good amount of covers for her, and I want to be POWERFUL, dang it.

COMICS-BASED REASON: Her power-set is off-the-charts in how awesome it is. I can't remember the name of the comic, but at some point Wolverine gets brainwashed into attacking and "disabling" the Fantastic Four. He deals with Torch and Thing alright, has some trouble with Reed but gets past him okay...and then encounters Invisible Woman, and basically has to flee. She made his retinas go invisible so that he couldn't see. You know, TO START THINGS OFF.

LOGISTICAL REASON: She's worse than most 2* characters, and that's stupid. She's a 4* character and should be at least on par with the higher 3* characters. Otherwise...why do we even bother with the * system?
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    cooderness wrote:
    Now that we have a wide array of 4* that are viable to play, is there any time line for fixing the embarrassment that is Invisible Woman. I'm assuming it would require a large overhaul and beta testing, but the bag lady need some loving at some point, right?

SELFISH REASON: I have a good amount of covers for her, and I want to be POWERFUL, dang it.

COMICS-BASED REASON: Her power-set is off-the-charts in how awesome it is. I can't remember the name of the comic, but at some point Wolverine gets brainwashed into attacking and "disabling" the Fantastic Four. He deals with Torch and Thing alright, has some trouble with Reed but gets past him okay...and then encounters Invisible Woman, and basically has to flee. She made his retinas go invisible so that he couldn't see. You know, TO START THINGS OFF.

LOGISTICAL REASON: She's worse than most 2* characters, and that's stupid. She's a 4* character and should be at least on par with the higher 3* characters. Otherwise...why do we even bother with the * system?

Wolverine: Enemy of the State.

This sounds like a great question for the December developer q&a, and questions for that should be open soon, as the november answers are supposed to go up today or soon thereafter.
  • if what they did to x-force was any indication to how Dev can fix characters, then I am all for IW to be buffed as well
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    ...and then encounters Invisible Woman, and basically has to flee. She made his retinas go invisible so that he couldn't see. You know, TO START THINGS OFF.

OMG that's awesome! ... wait, does that mean IW herself is blind when she's invisible?! Hrm.

Anyway, yes, an IW buff would be great. Now that XF, Fury, and the upcoming GT are all great-to-awesome, IW needs her buff.
  • Im also a fan of a buff for the creepy lady.
    she is really useless imo.
    if her green wouldnt cost so much and wouldnt end the turn she would be fine.
    well her yellow is a bit over costed but your invinsible. So dont get any damage tile your tile is destroyed.
    a less amount of ap woukd maybe OP her a lot.
    i like her enemyprotect.png it is just huge.
    she could be a great 4* if her abilities switch a bit.
    I think something like a stun.
    I mean she's a tele kinetic.
    Maybe somekind if a force bubble around the enemy.
    or a passiv that protects the hole team depending on the damage/% you get.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    HailMary wrote:
    wait, does that mean IW herself is blind when she's invisible?! Hrm.
    Scientifically, she should be.

Comic book science says it works because reasons.
  • HailMary wrote:

OMG that's awesome! ... wait, does that mean IW herself is blind when she's invisible?! Hrm.

Anyway, yes, an IW buff would be great. Now that XF, Fury, and the upcoming GT are all great-to-awesome, IW needs her buff.

...no? Because reasons? She's INVISIBLE WOMAN. She probably flickers her invisibility on her eyeballs so fast that a) it's imperceptible to everyone else but b) allows her to see everything. Or something.

Invisible Woman's power-set is crazy. She's not quite reality-warping, but when push comes to shove, she can do some craaaazy stuff. I wish MPQ reflected that.
  • Problem is some incompetence players decided to call for xforce nerf after all. Dev will think twice before they are trap in this neverending nerf & buff cycle.
  • I asked this question in the dev Q&A last month and the response was more or less "we acknowledge her uselessness but we're more interested in adding new characters than adjusting existing ones"

icon_neutral.gif
  • Personally, they need to lower the cost of her blue. Her yellow should get reworked to something else. Although it is a defining one in her current state, it could create more Force Bubbles I'm addition to a fixed duration invulnerability (Like Fastball Special) Her green could get reworked to instead do damage, with additional damage based upon Force Bubbles up to a cap rather than create bubbles or smash them all.
  • cooderness wrote:

Oh that's nothing. She can make invisible bubbles in a person't head and just outright insta-kill them. She can make giant long invisible spikes.

Quietly IW is one of the most powerful and deadly characters in all of marvel, together with ice man.
  • HailMary
    ark123 wrote:
    Oh that's nothing. She can make invisible bubbles in a person't head and just outright insta-kill them. She can make giant long invisible spikes.

Quietly IW is one of the most powerful and deadly characters in all of marvel, together with ice man.
    A character who can make force fields anywhere at any time seems massively OP in combat... and would make for a horrifically/hilariously brutal psychopath:
    "Oh, did you two need the tops of your heads? Sorry, I guess I swapped them just now. Oh, look, now you're literally hugging each other to death. That's just precious."

I don't see how Iceman would even come close to measuring up, though.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    HailMary wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

A character who can make force fields anywhere at any time seems massively OP in combat... and would make for a horrifically/hilariously brutal psychopath:
    "Oh, did you two need the tops of your heads? Sorry, I guess I swapped them just now. Oh, look, now you're literally hugging each other to death. That's just precious."

I don't see how Iceman would even come close to measuring up, though.
    Umm... Iceman's power set isn't just turning himself into ice and building ice constructs. He can also manipulate on a molecular level and it extends to an environment level. He could literally think you into an ice block just because. No need to touch you, just have to be within the vicinity. He can change forms between solid, liquid, and gas. Has the ability to reconstruct himself and do other various things involving just air moisture that make absolutely no kind of sense outside of Marvel Science.
  • HailMary
    Umm... Iceman's power set isn't just turning himself into ice and building ice constructs. He can also manipulate on a molecular level and it extends to an environment level. He could literally think you into an ice block just because. No need to touch you, just have to be within the vicinity. He can change forms between solid, liquid, and gas. Has the ability to reconstruct himself and do other various things involving just air moisture that make absolutely no kind of sense outside of Marvel Science.
    Whoa. Okay, they seriously need to buff Movie Iceman, then. I thought the limit of his power was basically shooting cold from his hands. Also, I apparently need to spend more time clicking around in the Marvel wiki. icon_lol.gif
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    HailMary wrote:
    Whoa. Okay, they seriously need to buff Movie Iceman, then. I thought the limit of his power was basically shooting cold from his hands. Also, I apparently need to spend more time clicking around in the Marvel wiki. icon_lol.gif

Just to add. The guy can permafrost a city in a blink. He could reconstruct the melting icecaps (and end the notion of global warming) in less than an hour. Yeah. He's NUTS powerful. He had his ribs destroyed while in ice form, in the comics. He was afraid if he shifted back to human form, that he'd die. Nope. healed. He can heal damage done while in ice form rather quickly. HE IS UNDERRATED AS TINY-FREAKING-KITTY.

One of my suggestions for Iceman as an ability is that he puts down a timer tile that, when it reaches zero, explodes in multiple directions turning rows ( * or + based on level) into blue tiles. You know, the sort of rapid freezing. They could call it flash freezing or blast chiller. Obviously he gets a 3* equivalent Wind Storm which should also leave blue on the board. he should equally get a "Absolute zero" ability that ends all turns no matter the ability spent. Finally, he should be the first character to have overpowered (blue) matching. Make it balanced. Don't make ALL 3 of his colors do bonkers damage, but let the OP Windstorm ability leave attack tiles or something. Ooh, what if blues matched healed him similar to daken's auto-strike tiles or 2* Wolverine's yellow match heal? Menial amount, but still. he has so much potential.

I love Iceman. Totally my favorite character.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    ronin-san wrote:

Just to add. The guy can permafrost a city in a blink. He could reconstruct the melting icecaps (and end the notion of global warming) in less than an hour. Yeah. He's NUTS powerful. He had his ribs destroyed while in ice form, in the comics. He was afraid if he shifted back to human form, that he'd die. Nope. healed. He can heal damage done while in ice form rather quickly. HE IS UNDERRATED AS TINY-FREAKING-KITTY.

I love Iceman. Totally my favorite character.

I vaguely remember that Iceman could change the world climate by recreating another ice age. Even storm can't do that.

So yeah, I do hope to see him in action in mpq. The xmen movies did not do him justice at all.
  • You can see how unimportant IW is when even a thread solely dedicated to her and whether she is buffed has spiraled down into a thread about Ice Man...

She needs buffs bad.
This discussion has been closed.