**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Comments

• Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I like her, she is on my all-star level 70 TANK team of Nick Fury, XForce, IW. They have played more matches than any other team on my roster. They even accidentally won a match once.

If there is anything I don't like about Invisible Woman (proper nouns use capitalization) its her art. It gives me the willies.
  • Zifna wrote:
    Anyone up for another 30-day slog for invisible woman?

Me neither.

I feel like this is D3's way of saying "We know Seasons are F'd, but we don't know how to fix them right now. So we're just going to make them not matter this month while we come up with a better plan."

Exactly this. Seasons are just some extra tokens and progression awards now, which is pretty much what they should be. They're going to see how low stakes seasons shake out and see if the concept is salvagable.

I also suspect releasing a 4* every three months isn't possible. A lot of folks dropped HP on fury, but probably not even close to the HP a sentry or a daken sucks out of the playerbase. Character design is the biggest bottleneck in their process, the amount they can allocate to 4*s is going to be limited.
  • Has anyone thought that were probably going to have 3 months of her? It just seems very boring to me, fury was very exciting and something to look forward to in my opinion, something that my hard work got me, but now honestly there really isn't a point to how much you make, aka why waste my time?
  • I've had a 3/5/5 IW for the longest time now. Really wish they'd improve her further so I can justify spending ISO and playing her, but as it currently stands she's too B-list icon_e_sad.gif

In order to make her formidable and worthy of that 4* title I'd like to see something like:
    -Yellow can selectively target a tile
    -Blue costs 8 and locks down 4 tiles
    -Green can selectively target 3 tiles and doesn't end the turn at 5 covers
  • JessyC01 wrote:
    I've had a 3/5/5 IW for the longest time now. Really wish they'd improve her further so I can justify spending ISO and playing her, but as it currently stands she's too B-list icon_e_sad.gif

In order to make her formidable and worthy of that 4* title I'd like to see something like:

not the direction they need to go in. I've played with my max iw a lot and she needs major improvement. This is more the route I would go.

Green- relies on blue to work but blue is expensive as hell. Also still ends turn even at lvl 5. This just isn't 4* quality. The only fix to green though is making it not end turn.

Blue- here's the big problem. She basucally relies on blue hut it costs soooo much. The protect tile is also a tad overkill. If it can mitigate match damage then it's doing its job. Drop the strength of the protect tile down about 300 points. Lower the cost of her blue to around 9-10. It still needs to make the same amount of bubbles. Removing bubbles would be a major nerf. She operates off her bubbles.

Yellow - expensive and ineffective. This needs to be so.ething like a temporary team invisibility working off a countdown tile. Let me explain:

Lvl 1- iw creates a 1 turn countdown tile. While this tile is on the board your entire team has a 70% chance to avoid any damage.
    12 ap

Lvl2- costs 11 ap
    Lvl 3 - creates a 2 turn countdown.
    Lvl 4- costs 10 ap
    Lvl 5- creates a 3 turn countdown tile.

If the countdown tile is destroyed your team then becomes "visible" again. The way the 70% would work:
    Enemy makes a match. 70% chance of front team member avoids attack. Back 2 are safe. Single target attack front player has 70% chance of avoiding attack. Back 2 r safe. This would apply to stuns, ap steals, and any other effects from powers as well. AOE attacks- all 3 team members roll individually to avoid damage.
  • So with Spider-man being nerfed to oblivion, is Invisible Woman a legitimate defensive juggernaut? I've been using IW with MN-Mag in PVP, and it's been pretty awesome to lock out all the goon's countdown tiles.
  • JessyC01 wrote:
    I've had a 3/5/5 IW for the longest time now. Really wish they'd improve her further so I can justify spending ISO and playing her, but as it currently stands she's too B-list icon_e_sad.gif

not the direction they need to go in. I've played with my max iw a lot and she needs major improvement. This is more the route I would go.

Green- relies on blue to work but blue is expensive as hell. Also still ends turn even at lvl 5. This just isn't 4* quality. The only fix to green though is making it not end turn.

Blue- here's the big problem. She basucally relies on blue hut it costs soooo much. The protect tile is also a tad overkill. If it can mitigate match damage then it's doing its job. Drop the strength of the protect tile down about 300 points. Lower the cost of her blue to around 9-10. It still needs to make the same amount of bubbles. Removing bubbles would be a major nerf. She operates off her bubbles.

Yellow - expensive and ineffective. This needs to be so.ething like a temporary team invisibility working off a countdown tile. Let me explain:

Lvl 1- iw creates a 1 turn countdown tile. While this tile is on the board your entire team has a 70% chance to avoid any damage.
    12 ap

Lvl2- costs 11 ap
    Lvl 3 - creates a 2 turn countdown.
    Lvl 4- costs 10 ap
    Lvl 5- creates a 3 turn countdown tile.

If the countdown tile is destroyed your team then becomes "visible" again. The way the 70% would work:
    Enemy makes a match. 70% chance of front team member avoids attack. Back 2 are safe. Single target attack front player has 70% chance of avoiding attack. Back 2 r safe. This would apply to stuns, ap steals, and any other effects from powers as well. AOE attacks- all 3 team members roll individually to avoid damage.

Counter-idea: invisibility creates a tile that is both a countdown and a trap. While the tile is on the board, the protected takes no damage as currently. If the tile is matched by either side, the protected character "strikes from ambush" - i.e., immediately triggers one of their abilities, consuming no AP.
  • @zen sounds like that cool be pretty sweet. Cool idea.
  • I've been using IW with MN-Mag in PVP, and it's been pretty awesome to lock out all the goon's countdown tiles.

I'm going to assume you meant PvE, since you're talking about goons. Now granted my IW isn't fully covered and almost completely unleveled, but I have toyed around with her a bit in PvE and I don't get it. I do have 4 blue covers, and 8 bubbles is a lot of stuff you can lock down provided you can get the 13 blue before you start getting violated. I can see where Polarity Shift could help that. My problem is more what do you do once you've got the board locked down? They're just going to keep pooping out countdown tiles and you've made it very difficult to navigate your own board now with all those immovable bubbles. You can pop some of them with her green, but it ends your turn and now you've got to deal with the countdown tiles that have emerged from their nap. How is any of this really to your benefit? Help me out here.
  • Thugpatrol wrote:
    I've been using IW with MN-Mag in PVP, and it's been pretty awesome to lock out all the goon's countdown tiles.

I'm going to assume you meant PvE, since you're talking about goons. Now granted my IW isn't fully covered and almost completely unleveled, but I have toyed around with her a bit in PvE and I don't get it. I do have 4 blue covers, and 8 bubbles is a lot of stuff you can lock down provided you can get the 13 blue before you start getting violated. I can see where Polarity Shift could help that. My problem is more what do you do once you've got the board locked down? They're just going to keep pooping out countdown tiles and you've made it very difficult to navigate your own board now with all those immovable bubbles. You can pop some of them with her green, but it ends your turn and now you've got to deal with the countdown tiles that have emerged from their nap. How is any of this really to your benefit? Help me out here.

I have also been playing a bit with this - I teamed her with MN-Mag as above, and also with Sentry. The best way I got it to work was to have Sentry throw out his strike tile then wait for both green and blue for IW, then place blue bubbles next to the enemy tiles i had not been able to match - not on top of them - then immediately blow them all ending the turn. It was all very much a gamble though. When it worked it was awesome, when it didn't - argh.

Sentry and IW are pretty much the only 3*&4* heroes I have with more than a couple of covers though.

I would also add that far too many times when creating blue bubbles the protect tile is randomly created right next to them so that when you blow the bubbles you lose the defense tile which really sucks. I would really like to see that changed so that the defense tile never appears next to a bubble.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kiya-Elle wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    I've been using IW with MN-Mag in PVP, and it's been pretty awesome to lock out all the goon's countdown tiles.

I have also been playing a bit with this - I teamed her with MN-Mag as above, and also with Sentry. The best way I got it to work was to have Sentry throw out his strike tile then wait for both green and blue for IW, then place blue bubbles next to the enemy tiles i had not been able to match - not on top of them - then immediately blow them all ending the turn. It was all very much a gamble though. When it worked it was awesome, when it didn't - argh.

Sentry and IW are pretty much the only 3*&4* heroes I have with more than a couple of covers though.

I would also add that far too many times when creating blue bubbles the protect tile is randomly created right next to them so that when you blow the bubbles you lose the defense tile which really sucks. I would really like to see that changed so that the defense tile never appears next to a bubble.
    That seems like an awful lot of AP for a relatively small amount of destruction. Especially to try to pull off before too many go off
  • Kiya-Elle wrote:

There's an easy fix for this. IW will give priority to placing the defense tile on an open blue. If there is no blue, or if you have locked it all down, then it will generate the tile in a random location.

So, it's all about timing. The best scenario is when there is a single blue isolated in one of the bottom corners. When you see an isolated blue, cast Force Bubbles and lock down all the other blues except the loner. The defense tile will pop to the isolated blue, meaning you can pop off FFCrush whenever you like with no danger of destroying your tile.
  • It will be great to fix IW now when they give her as reward for S4 ..also with IW and X-Force should be fix too they are like 2*covers..they should be way better for 4* heroes..

Give some opinion for new powers for them or fix current one to better or some ideas..
  • Here's a paste of an idea I had for the entire F4 (from the what character do you want thread) with new powers that synergizes well due to the whole "team" thing
    2* Fantastic Four:

2* Torch (Lazy 3* Torch)
    2* Thing (Lazy Hulk)
    2* IW (with new powers)
    2* Mr. Fantastic.

I'm not creative enough to figure out the new powers.

IW (Green/Purple/Yellow)
    Pep Talk (Active Green): As a leader of the F4, Sue reminds her team what they're fighting for. Heals allies for X and creates 1 Fantastic tile on the board
    Lv2: Heal more
    3: Cost less
    4: heal more
    5: Creates 2 Fantastic Tiles
    Force Field(Active Purple): Sue protects a member of her team, but as time goes on it drains her strength. Creates a 2 turn countdown tile. As long as the tile is in play the selected character cannot be damaged, but every turn is in play costs 2 green AP, 2 Yellow AP, and drains Sue of X life.
    Lv2: Increases CD tile to 3 turns
    3: Only costs 1 of each AP per turn
    4: no longer damages Sue
    5: costs 1 green and yellow when tile's placed, but no longer costs every turn
    Invisibility (Passive Yellow): Sue attacks her enemies, but due to her psionic powers is not even on their radar. When she matches yellow she doesn't go to the front.
    Lv2: Does extra damage when she matches yellow
    Lv3: Doesn't go to front when she hits on PurpleLv3:
    Lv4: Extra DMG on purple
    5: Extra DMG on all colors (like espionage)

Invisibility is made to allow her to be a nice support without being slaughtered considering her to-be squishy nature on offense. On defense it's not really a power until Lv 2. Also, the plan is to have a full rainbow with each character hitting on two colors assuming you use HT (red/black), Thing (Yellow/blue) and Sue or...

Mr. Fantastic (Purple/Green/Blue)
    Flexibility (Passive Purple): The enemy tries to strike Reed but just cannot land a punch without Mr. Fantastic striking them from behind. Every time he's damaged for X% of his life, damage enemy in front for Y damage
    Lv2: Increase damage
    3: Increase damage
    4: Lower % needed
    5: Increase damage and lower % needed
    Pep Talk (Active Green): See IW
    Ingenuity (Active Blue): On the fly, Reed reassesses the situation and changes his team's tactic. Select 2 tiles. A chosen basic tile is destroyed, a chosen protect tile becomes a strike tile, a chosen Fantastic Tile becomes basic and heals your team for X, and chosen strike tiles become protect tiles
    Lv 2: 3 tiles
    3: 4 Tiles
    4: Can use up to two of your four to destroy enemy strike/protect tiles
    5: Turns those enemy tiles into your own

Thing (yellow/blue/green)
    Clobberin' Time! (Yellow active): The Thing charges at the enemy, and destroys the entire surrounding area. Does direct dmg to guy in front and destroys X tiles randomly. Tile damage hits whole enemy team. Levelling up switches off between increasing direct damage and breaking more tiles
    Hard as a Rock (Passive Blue): Creates a protect tile (up to 3) on every blue match if the Thing has under 40% max life
    Lv2: under 50%
    3: up to 4 tiles
    4: up to 5
    5: under 60%
    Team Player (Passive Green): Does 15% more damage if at least 6 Fantastic tiles are on the board
    Lv 2: 20%
    3: Only need 4 Tiles
    4: 30%
    5: Back to 25% but only need 3 tiles

Torch: (red/black/green)
    Hothead (Active Red): Hothead Johnny ignores the plan and risks team cohesion for a flashy stunt. Does X damage (large amount) but destroys all Fantastic Tiles and 2 friendly strike/protect tiles randomly:
    Lv 2: Increase damage
    Lv 3: Only destroys half of the Fantastic tiles
    4: Get to choose 3 total tiles to destroy (includes friendly strike/protect/Fantastic tiles)
    5: Hurts rest of team for X damage but only destroys 1 random tile
    Black: Same as before. Really good thematically because it hurts AP needed by the rest of the F4
    Team Player...Sometimes (Passive green): See thing's "team player". Same thing but with less Fantastic tiles needed and smaller percentages for damage increase
  • It will be great to fix IW now when they give her as reward for S4 ..also with IW and X-Force should be fix too they are like 2*covers..they should be way better for 4* heroes..

Give some opinion for new powers for them or fix current one to better or some ideas..

She was already 'fixed' several months back. Albeit she still completely sucks in most cases until they nerf everyone around her down to her level. She would be decent, like falcon, if they made the abilities of defensive characters cost a lot less than they do now. If her abilities each cost half of what they do now with nothing else changed, she'd be worth of the 4* rating
  • LoreNYC wrote:
    It will be great to fix IW now when they give her as reward for S4 ..also with IW and X-Force should be fix too they are like 2*covers..they should be way better for 4* heroes..

She was already 'fixed' several months back. Albeit she still completely sucks in most cases until they nerf everyone around her down to her level. She would be decent, like falcon, if they made the abilities of defensive characters cost a lot less than they do now. If her abilities each cost half of what they do now with nothing else changed, she'd be worth of the 4* rating

I'm fresh player and i dont know about that she was already fixed in past ..but agreed now she is not worth for 4* in this moment
  • viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12616&start=20

there's a link to where we were just talking about it
  • So I tested out my 4/2/4 IW while tanking and I'm confused about how grant invisibility works. I managed to trigger it twice so she & human torch were invisible but I still got hit by call of the Storm. I think area of effect attacks mess up some abilities or maybe a bug. I know tossing a Molotov cocktail once wiped out an Ares post-death lingering Sunder tile. TU Sentry apparently wipes himself out after the first World rupture tile triggers... Has anyone else every get 2 or 3 invisible concurrently? I'll keep testing it out
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Red Panda wrote:
    So I tested out my 4/2/4 IW while tanking and I'm confused about how grant invisibility works. I managed to trigger it twice so she & human torch were invisible but I still got hit by call of the Storm. I think area of effect attacks mess up some abilities or maybe a bug. I know tossing a Molotov cocktail once wiped out an Ares post-death lingering Sunder tile. TU Sentry apparently wipes himself out after the first World rupture tile triggers... Has anyone else every get 2 or 3 invisible concurrently? I'll keep testing it out

Invisible, not invincible-- calling a storm/throwing molotovs/swiping with rage/calling whales/AOE all around your location will probably land on an invisible unit icon_e_wink.gif
This discussion has been closed.