**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Comments

• Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I like her just fine. She is a bit slow, but very entertaining to play. Firing off force crush can be a game ender with the proper board. I can never understand the flack that iw constantly gets.
  • Spoit wrote:
    vaevictum wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    vaevictum wrote:
    When/if she gets a rework or a buff (same goes for x-force) you'll feel like a dumbass.

I've got bad news for you buddy. She's already had work done.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2184&p=30817

I forgot that once they do balance changes on someone they can never do them again. Thanks for your masterful insight.
    So...how's that xforce buff then icon_lol.gif

"True Healing" was the X-Force buff.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    i like her well enough. i'd rather it be green or blue covers (i still want/need those). doesn't matter though, she's too ISO needy for me right now anyway...maybe someday
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Aidonis wrote:
    I like her just fine. She is a bit slow, but very entertaining to play. Firing off force crush can be a game ender with the proper board. I can never understand the flack that iw constantly gets.

The fact that it takes so much ISO to level her. Typically it's better spent on 2-3 3*s instead. But I guess if you've got nothing else to spend ISO on she's kinda fun.
  • I will concede, blue or green would have been preferable to yellow.
  • I will concede, blue or green would have been preferable to yellow.
    i like her well enough. i'd rather it be green or blue covers (i still want/need those). doesn't matter though, she's too ISO needy for me right now anyway...maybe someday

I suspect that's seasons 5 and 6.
  • Another Thread already exist to complain about this. And this is by far not their worst decision ever. I agree it is a BAD decision. But not their worst. . .

SEE THREAD: Nobody likes invisible woman
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    I feel like I'm the standard bearer for unappreciated characters. I like Invisible Woman - a lot. I would like her a little more if she were less pricey but she can totally kick ****. I think part of the problem is that the lock tile characters are tricksy to implement.

Let me encourage all of you to lay back and take it easy this season. Think of it as your summer season break. Play casually. Don't worry about the season rankings. You don't need a character you don't like and I'm sure you've already sold all the covers you have of her so why clutter your roster.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_e_sad.gif I like IW if I could ever gain one more Blue and a Green for once.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Nobody likes invisible woman
    Love the topic title icon_e_biggrin.gif Poor Sue! It hurts because it's true.
  • I like invisible woman quite a bit. Flash and I have had her maxed for a bit now and really enjoy any excuse to bring her out. Playing her well takes finesse and practice, but she's not a bag lady just because Sentry can kill her. Sentry can kill anyone.

I always look forward to Heavy Metal tourneys because she plays great with IM40 and Hood. Is her spot in the meta rankings reflective of her rarity? No. But she's nowhere near bag tier.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Anyone up for another 30-day slog for invisible woman?

Me neither.

It is the break from seasons everyone was asking for!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Am I the only one with a 2/5/5 IW? Had to sell TWO extra blue IWs from my S3 reward 10-packs.
    As long as I have 10 other heroes to level before her, I won't be able to enjoy her funsy abilities for eons, so Baglady it is for me, but it's almost affectionate by now.
    If one can afford to level IW, I can only salute their dedication icon_e_biggrin.gif
    If wyp says she's fun to play with IM 40 and she can hit hard, it must be true icon_exclaim.gif
  • Hey, maybe my small alliance has a chance for her.

Haha. Yeah right.
  • Worst decision ever? Well, to be fair, if I was in a top 5 alliance, I might think that too, because I would have no life. I don't think it's a good decision, but hey - to each his own.
  • FaerieMyst wrote:
    I feel like I'm the standard bearer for unappreciated characters. I like Invisible Woman - a lot. I would like her a little more if she were less pricey but she can totally kick ****. I think part of the problem is that the lock tile characters are tricksy to implement.

Let me encourage all of you to lay back and take it easy this season. Think of it as your summer season break. Play casually. Don't worry about the season rankings. You don't need a character you don't like and I'm sure you've already sold all the covers you have of her so why clutter your roster.

If they were around to face her being fed ap in simulator...pretty sure they'd see her value. The problem is most ppl don't have enough of her covers (or iso to level her) so they never face her, so they just don't realize it. It's like when Sentry was first intro'd and ppl played the loaner one in the pve, there were a lot saying he was underwhelming...now that they face him every pvp...don't hear that any more.
  • namechange2.jpg

You did, you monsters. All of you DID THIS.
  • My gripe with her:

Expensive Abilities
    Low Hit Points

Summary:
    14-18 Yellow makes weakest character invisible. (5 to 6 matches)
    Seems powerful but it doesn't do anything. You can't win the game faster. Your characters will not suffer less damage. It's junk. It's worse than Moonstone's Control Shift.
    Every time I've been able to use it, the invisibility tile is cleared within a couple turns. Board Shakeups, cascades, and the AI finding an opportunity to match yellow cause the tile to be quickly cleared.

13 blue allows the player to place 5 - 8 force bubbles, and get up to a strength 796 protect tile. (5 matches)
    Seems powerful. Except for the protect tile, it's junk. This protect tile disappears faster than the yellow invisibility tile. I don't understand why the force bubbles stop countdown timers, strike tiles, or protect tiles. I can understand them stopping attack tiles. Why do I want to place force bubbles? They make it more difficult to play.

9 green - when there are no bubbles, creates 3 random bubbles. When there are bubbles, it randomly shatters up to 3 of them. It clears the surrounding 8 tiles, and deals 724 damage for each bubble. It also ends the turn.
    Why would I use green if I have an invisibility tile and protect tile I want to keep?
  • Joker117
    Joker117 Posts: 124
    You have to believe they're trying to make the 4 stars worth something , let ppl catch up this season and then maybe release a new one ? And semi buff the 4s finally nothing crazy but either their health or powers should be stronger to justify their rank .
  • Anyone up for another 30-day slog for invisible woman?

Me neither.

Time to take a break then. Time for a non-stressful month. Go outside and enjoy the summer instead.
This discussion has been closed.