**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Comments

• Daige wrote:
    Has this bug been fixed yet?

Yeah, ditto!
  • I think it has been fixed, I was able to swap targets in the recent Simulator event when IW pulled off her invisibility trick.
  • Tellyban wrote:
    I see that it is the #1st place reward this event right now... Somehow I pulled one yesterday in a 2* pack.... I almost wish I didn't because I'll never level it.... Is it possible to swap accounts and disconnect from my fb?

Also in comparison, how good is compared to other legends? What lvl 3 is comparable?

I've pulled 6 IW from Heroic Tokens in my 45 days of playing. I actually pulled them back to back in the one 10-pack I actually invested in. I haven't leveled her at all, but someday (when I have more ISO to burn, and a better roster overall) I plan on getting her up there. The covers I have pulled are 3/1/2.

Strangely, I've never pulled an X-Force from anything.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Oh, I'm stupid. I am running a troll tank team of a featured character/X-Force/IW, and I noticed that locking Invisibility tile renders it useless. Silly me. But I wish it were auto-protected in some way, maybe allow its placement in the least, for such an expensive ability? If you compare with similar expensive abilities, Cap** and *** can place his own tiles, GSBW can choose the location to shoot, Hood chooses his crosshairs too.
  • turbo wrote:
    How much iso does it take to level her to both 200 and 240?

also, what is the strength of the protect tile and how much damage does she do with force field crush on average at those levels?

(assuming blue and green are at max covers)

I'm only at 171 right now, but Crush hits for 1650 plus AP generation, and the protect tile is just over 600. As for ISO, I don't know how much I've put into her, but her next level is just shy of 3K ISO for me.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    I think that she might be very demanding to learn. But once you do, she'll shine.

I've been slowly pecking away at leveling mine over the past month + 1/2 and have her to ~160. Her mechanics are a little esoteric, but she's definitely no bag lady. I'd say she's very much under-rated now, but she's still not going to knock any of your current A-teamers off of your playlist for major pushes, because she's really slow to get going, and she slows down kill speed significantly. Things I've learned to do with her that make her pretty fun and useful:

1. Lockdown all the blues you can when you cast Force Bubbles, then she drops a sick defense tile that's reeeeeeallly hard for the AI to clear. If Spidey gets hit hard, this will be the best defense option in the game.

2. Pair her with Patch, and lock down all the enemy strike-tiles you create when casting Berzerker Rage. Again, if Spidey gets hit, this will keep a 5/3/5 Patch build viable, and maintain a decent kill speed.

3. Like #1, lock down all the yellow you can before casting invisibility. If she's the last one standing, you just bought yourself all the time in the world to win. Unless you're against something like a 230 Daken, you'll be able to just chip the opposing team away.
    I don't get it. Isn't locking tiles making them useless? i.e. the abilities on them (Strike/Protect etc.) stop working?
  • Emeryt wrote:
    I don't get it. Isn't locking tiles making them useless? i.e. the abilities on them (Strike/Protect etc.) stop working?

Think he meant lock down the other yellow and blue tiles so they can't be used to match your invisibility/protect tile.
  • I got invisible woman from recruiting token. It's tough for me rank 1st get more covers of her; the best I could do is land top 10. So, is there even any point keeping her and taking space while I could have recruited others and leveled up. Has she ever been useful to you guys in any events? Should I still keep her?
  • kz3ro wrote:
    I got invisible woman from recruiting token. It's tough for me rank 1st get more covers of her; the best I could do is land top 10. So, is there even any point keeping her and taking space while I could have recruited others and leveled up. Has she ever been useful to you guys in any events? Should I still keep her?

She's been required for nodes in PVE events before, so there is a pretty good reason to hold on to her for that - notably, every iteration of the Hunt has required her for multiple nodes, and they rerun that one fairly frequently.
  • I think the blue protect tile is added after you select what to lock, so if you locked all the blue tiles you'd still get your protect tile, and it'd be awfully hard to destroy it when you can't move any blue tiles around.

In general you can use this to completely deny a certain color to the other side by just locking everything of that color down. The only way these bubbles will be destroyed is by a match 4 since you can't move anything of the same color to break them normally.
  • over_clocked
    Just noticed that IW's icon looks a lot like Derpy Hooves' cutie mark.
    One of them is a fan favourite actually.

Varnb9W.png

*runs away*
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    IW + Falcon with maxed yellow, add 30% strength to her 500+ protect tile, so +150 for every yellow match... And to think that Falcon's yellow before nerf would've been +75% boost, that would've been insane, heck adding 150 to it now is a little insane as well

My Invisible Woman is at lvl 140, I'll play around with her and Falcon once I get my hands on a yellow Falcon covero
  • locked wrote:
    Just noticed that IW's icon looks a lot like Derpy Hooves' cutie mark.
    One of them is a fan favourite actually.

Varnb9W.png

*runs away*

Oh hell no!!!!!

Brony business has got to go
  • over_clocked
    It's okay to be a Marvel fan and not - to be a brony? Dude you got some hypocrisy going on here
  • AdamMagus wrote:
    IW + Falcon with maxed yellow, add 30% strength to her 500+ protect tile, so +150 for every yellow match... And to think that Falcon's yellow before nerf would've been +75% boost, that would've been insane, heck adding 150 to it now is a little insane as well

My Invisible Woman is at lvl 140, I'll play around with her and Falcon once I get my hands on a yellow Falcon covero

Keep track of your results. I should have. From my own experience, it's difficult for me not to believe that there isn't some "Matchability Coefficient" that increases for each 30% boost to IW's shield tile. Either I cause a cascade of matching tiles or the AI. Then the matchability coefficient goes back to normal. There are 8 bubbles on the board, and it's my thinking that matching should be more difficult. Maybe mathematically it makes it easier?
  • Been trying out my lvl 189 IW.
    She's been pretty fun. Would be much more viable if her green ability was more like the hoods yellow and didn't end turn at rank 5.
  • locked wrote:
    It's okay to be a Marvel fan and not - to be a brony? Dude you got some hypocrisy going on here

Lol marvel comics ranges from children to teen to adults from little kid toys to graphic novel comic books of all ratings

My little pony for little prepubescent girls........Google bronies and you will come across some of the cringiest stuff out there

Are you a clopper??
  • over_clocked
    You're a sad little man and you have my pity.

I am an adult woman and I can find enjoyment in many things unlike you apparently.
  • Enough. Both of You.
    And no more ponies.

Emeryt
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    is 5/5/3 the prefered build for her?

As I am able to get some top prizes finally, i was wondering what the 4*s best builds are I know XForce is 5/5/3 to me IW seems 5/5/3 cuz green doesn't seem that great, and Nick Fury I'm not sure as Purple seems godly, but who knows how good yellow or blue will end up being, my gut tells me 5/3/5.
This discussion has been closed.